MEMBER TESTING: ALL-NEW TaylorMade P790 Irons! Get Them Before Anyone Else!

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sherman, Il (US Only)

Titleist AP1s 718

Love the overall design would love to compare them to my current set.

Will gladly give an honest review and comparisons to my current set.

Livin' proof that Lefties are not naturally talented.

Driver Callaway Epic Flash 10.5 set to 9.5
3 Wood Epic Flash set to 16 degrees
3-5 Hybrids Epic Flash 18 20 23 degrees
6 hybrid Big Bertha 26 degree 
7-AW Callaway Mavrik Irons 
50 degree GW Vokey SM7
56 degree SW Vokey SM7
Odyssey White Hot V-Line Fang

City and State (US Only): Greenwood, MO

Handicap: 12.7

Current Irons: Cobra F9 4-PW

Favorite Feature of the New P790 irons: The Speedfoam and the more compact 7-PW. My current F9's are a little chunky.

If selected, do you agree to participate in a review thread? We would ask you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the clubs? Absolutely! Thanks for the opportunity from TaylorMade and GolfWrx.

City and State (US Only): Orlando, FL

Handicap: 14.1

Current Irons: TaylorMade PSi with KBS C Tape Lite s

Favorite Feature of the New P790 irons: Streamlined view of topline and progressive blade lengths

If selected, do you agree to participate in a review thread? We would ask you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the clubs? Most certainly

**City and State (US Only)**: Los Angeles, CA

**Handicap**: 3

**Current Irons**: Taylormade P760 4-A, Mill Grind 56*, HiToe 60*

**Favorite Feature of the New P790 irons**: Tungsten weighting plus speed slot (like from the old RSi2s) for higher launch and lower spin. Also, intrigued by how low the lofts are, and if they will actually stop when you hit a 7i 185.

**If selected, do you agree to participate in a review thread? We would ask you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the clubs?**: YES

**Favorite Feature of the New P790 irons**: Tungsten weighting plus speed slot (like from the old RSi2s) for higher launch and lower spin. Also, intrigued by how low the lofts are, and if they will actually stop when you hit a 7i 185.

**If selected, do you agree to participate in a review thread? We would ask you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the clubs?**: YES

City and State (US Only): Las Vegas, Nevada

Handicap: 11.3

Current Irons: Nike Vapor Pro/Combo

Favorite Feature of the New P790 irons: Sleeker design from last generation. I love the fact that I would be able to get more distance in a "players" look iron

If selected, do you agree to participate in a review thread? We would ask you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the clubs? Of course I would!

Thank you for the opportunity!!

City and State (US Only): Asheville, NC

Handicap: 19.2

Current Irons: Taylormade p760 5-AW

Favorite Feature of the New P790 irons: tungsten weight and speed pockets

If selected, do you agree to participate in a review thread? We would ask you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the clubs? Absolutely, I plan on getting my hands on them and taking pictures of them anyway

-Luan Do

City and State (US Only): Somerset, NJ

Handicap: 14

Current Irons: Nike SlingShot 4d - have made significant improvements in the last year with my game. Have gone from being a mid 90s player to shooting low 80s consistently. I have said I would get fitted for new irons before the next season to look for more ball speed and improved feel.

Favorite Feature of the New P790 irons: Compact with less offset and a thinner face for even more ball speed

If selected, do you agree to participate in a review thread? We would ask you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the clubs? Absolutely!

City and State (US Only): Sisters, OR

Handicap: 2

Current Irons: Mizuno JPX 900 Tour

Favorite Feature of the New P790 irons: All! Especially the more compact looking head and slimmer top line

If selected, do you agree to participate in a review thread? We would ask you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the clubs? Absolutely!

Ping G410 Plus 9* - Tensei CK Orange 70 X

Tour Edge Exotics CB2 14.5* - Project X Evenflow Black 75 6.5

Cobra F9 Tour 17.5* - Accra FX 270 M5

Honma TW737c 21* - Vizard Blue 70 S

Honma TW747v 5-10 - Nippon Modus 120 S

Cleveland Zipcore 50* 54* 58* - Nippon Modus Wedge 125

L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 Armlock

Pure Pro Grips

Srixon Z-Star XV

City and State (US Only): San Diego, CA

Handicap: 4.8

Current Irons: HONMA TW747V

Favorite Feature of the New P790 irons: Precision milled face over the speed foam!

If selected, do you agree to participate in a review thread? We would ask you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the clubs? Yes, i have done many times!

COBRA F9 10.5  - Aldila Rogue Elite Green 55

CALLAWAY EPIC FLASH TC 15.0  - Tour AD TP 7
COBRA SPEEDZONE  19 - Recoil 

TAYLORMADE P770 '17 - 4-GW - PXI  

VOKEY SM7 Raw Black 54F / 58L- Hi Rev 2.0 / TOULON Chicago 33.5

City and State (US Only): Fort Wayne, IN

Handicap: 4

Current Irons: Titleist 712 AP2

Favorite Feature of the New P790 irons: The overall look and the lower CG and higher launch. Also the tungsten weighting.

**City and State (US Only):** San Antonio

Handicap: 7

**Current Irons:** Gen 1 P790s and 718 AP2s

**Favorite Feature of the New P790 irons: **. New improved looks. Inverted cone technology.

**If selected, do you agree to participate in a review thread? We would ask you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the clubs?**

Absolutely! My wife is a professional photographer. I have access to a trackman also on a range.

City and State (US Only): Phoenix,AZ

Handicap: 16

Current Irons: Ping i200

Favorite Feature of the New P790 irons: Intrigued by the speed foam, very interested in flight and Distance.

If selected, do you agree to participate in a review thread? We would ask you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the clubs? Of Course!

Callaway Mavrick 10.5 GD Tour AD IZ 6 S

Callaway Epic Flash 16* GD Tour AD DI 6 S

Callaway Epic Flash Hybrid 18* Recoil  F4

Callaway Apex 19 4 iron Steelfiber fc90 S

Callaway Rogue Pro 5 -PW Recoil ES 780 F4

Ping i210 U Wedge 48* DG 105 S

Callaway PM Grind 19 Black 54* Steelfiber fc115cw S

Callaway PM Grind 19 Black 60* KBS HI-REV 2.0 115

Scotty Cameron Select Square Back 34 Putter

Yellow ProV1 & ProV1X

City and State: Buffalo, NY

Handicap: 7.6

Current Irons: Mizuno MP-60

Favorite Feature of the New P790 irons: minimalist design. would love to know the feel and turf interaction comparison with mine.

If selected, do you agree to participate in a review thread? We would ask you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the clubs? Of course I would!

City and State (US Only): St. George, UT

Handicap: 7.2

Current Irons: Ping G400

Favorite Feature of the New P790 irons: Interested in the tungsten bar and improved COG

If selected, do you agree to participate in a review thread? We would ask you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the clubs? YES

I bought a set of P790's earlier in the year and struggled with them. I'm interested to see if the new design will be a better match with my swing. They are some of the prettiest irons I've ever owned.

Ping G410 Tour AD DI6

Ping G30 3W

Ping G30 5W

Ben Hogan VKTR Hybrid

Ping G400 5-SW Steelfiber i95

Ping Glide LW

Scotty Cameron Fastback or

Bettinardi Studio 28cs

City and State (US Only): Pittsburgh, Pa

Handicap: +2.8

Current Irons: Callaway Rogue Pros 4-PW with kbs c-taper 130 x

Favorite Feature of the New P790 irons: supposed forgiveness and I like the look

If selected, do you agree to participate in a review thread? We would ask you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the clubs? I would agree to all that and think I’m a perfect tester for these irons. I’m always fitted to blades but hate them. I also have a pretty good following on Instagram

City & State: West Bloomfield, MI

Handicap: 8.2

Current irons: Callaway X Forged (2013)

Fav. Feature: Super interested to see (shape, top line) and feel (foam) how a engineered forged iron compares to a traditional forged iron. Also how the deisgn of forged blade type iron can help traditional players with forgiveness (tungsten CG weighting)

If selected, do you agree to participate in a review thread? Yes, just joined a club country and plan to be playing alot

We would ask you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the clubs? No, problem at all

Driver= 9.5 deg Taylormade M3 w/ Project Hzrdus (yellow)

3 wood= 15 deg Taylormade M3 w/ Project Hzrdus (red)

Hybrid= 19 deg Tylormade M3 w/ Project Hzrdus (hybrid)

Irons= 4-PW Callaway X Forged (2013) w/ Shimada Constant shafts

Wedges= Artisan 49, 54, 58 w/ NS pro tour 125

Putter= Scotty Cameron Newport Mil Spec 340g w/ BOS oil can finish and deep milling

City and State (US Only):La Porte IN

Handicap:8

Current Irons:Ping I E1-Modus 105S

Favorite Feature of the New P790 irons: Smaller profile and reduced offset. Idea of increased ball speed and forgiveness and a club that doesn’t set behind the ball like a shovel. Played Mizuno T-Zoid Pro IIs since 2003 but switched this year as my club-head speed just isn’t what it was.

If selected, do you agree to participate in a review thread? We would ask you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the clubs? I would be on cloud nine to participate.

City and State (US Only): Cape Carteret, NC

Handicap: 9.8

Current Irons: Apex and Apex Pro combo

Favorite Feature of the New P790 irons: definitely the thinner top line. Can’t wait to see the numbers these produce from the small changes made.

If selected, do you agree to participate in a review thread? We would ask you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the clubs: yes, would love to review these stix!