2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Brooks Koepka and the his lack of respect

wombat_vortex

He reminds me of a (barely lesser) Bryce Harper. Not at all a fan.

PING G400 Max - Atmos Tour Spec Red - 65s
Titleist TSi2 16.5* 4w - Tensei Blue - 65s

Titleist TSi2 3H (18*), 4H (21*) - Tensei Blue 65s
Adams Idea Tech V4 5H, 6H, 7H ProLaunch Blue 75 HY x-stiff
Titleist AP2 716 8i 37* KBS Tour S; Titleist AP2 716 9i 42* KBS Tour S
Cleveland RTX-4 mid-bounce 46* DG s400
Cleveland RTX-4 mid-bounce 50* DG s400
Cleveland RTX-4 full-sole 56* DG s400
Cleveland RTX-4 low-bounce 60* DG s400
PING Sigma 2 Valor 400 Counter-Balanced, 38"

Uh oh Brooks is starting to believe what the public and the press and the followers and doubters now who are annoyed with his antics were pushing him up to be. The next Tiger Woods. And suddenly we hate what we created right. Because Brooks isnt kissing up to the likes of Brandle Chamblee or being okay with slow play or even letting on course cheating by Patrick Reed slide. Not sure if we will be ever happy with Brooks. I think what we are looking for is the next group of up and comers that will officially take the place of our heroes. Brooks is a proud golfer who has won enough to probably warrant it. Now that he steps out of his cave to chime in, suddenly his opinion is too much for people to accept. I for one like Brooks. As cocky as he seems to be, he is what he is and it seems he fed off of the pedestal that we placed him on. And now we complain. Make up your mind people but keep in mind, he is our Frankenstein. So take a deep breath and enjoy your monster.

Cobra LTD 9* TP6HD
Cobra Big Tour 14.5* TP7HD 

Cobra F6 Baffler 19* Kiyoshi Purple

Wilson Staff Staff Blades 3-PW Recoil I95 stiff 

Wilson PMP 52/56 Raw

Titliest SquareBack LA 135 

Vice Pro+ Lime Green Goodness

I am sure Koepka is dressed by his weird skinny GF that likes flashing parts of her body. He probably thought he doesn't deserve a boney gal like that. Given how she dresses, I'd bet $$$ she has a hand in how Koepka looks. I wasn't impressed by her the first time I saw her, and now no longer impressed by him. I applaud Tigers come back but his sleazy bad behavior set the tone.

It's not about wins for me, but how he/she pro athlete behaves and what kind of example he/she sets for youth.

• TSR2 9.25° Ventus Velo TR Blue 58S
  • TSR2 15° AD VF 74S
  • 718 T-MB 17° 2i Tensei AV White Am2 90S
  • T100 3i to 9i MMT 105S
  • T100 PW, SM9 F52/12, M58/8, PX Wedge 6.0 120S
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x

• 2 weeks later...

Oh it's so good watching so many people twist themselves into pretzels every time they think about Brooks. These are the same people that idolize Phil and Tiger, even though their moral issues far surpass anything Brooks has ever said/done. But because Brooks doesn't support showing up to the country club in a sweater vest and loafers, he gets vilified and called rude and disrespectful. Talk about getting offended by something...

As far as Brooks' battle with the media? The media isn't entitled to anything. Not interviews, not special sit-downs, not juicy quotes. Media members have to be the most entitled group in the sports world. They think just because they have a pass that reads "media,' they deserve player interviews. I wish Brooks would just stop giving interviews all together. I would love to see the meltdown from media members.

One day, I hope Brooks shows up to the John Deere Classic and plays in shorts, an untucked polo, and a backwards hat...

Numerous top athletes have excelled at their craft through the years with a chip on their shoulder. Being a media darling would not be my top priority if I had a small window to compete at the highest level. IMO, the obvious d'bag on tour right now is split between BAD and Reed. Brooks is not even on the bus much less driving.

"We have learned that we must
live as men, not as ostriches, nor
as dogs in the manger." FDR

Much ado about nothing. Brooks hasn't done/said anything to merit a ton of hate, and has the hardware to back up his claims about trying in big tournaments only. Just my $.02

Also, I don't know about you, but going out and giving 100% attention to every round of golf you play is exhausting. With PGA Tour schedules, I'm surprised more players don't have this attitude. Probably because they can't win 4 majors, let alone 1.

Yeah, is exhausting playing golf for a livin! Is like worse than workin in a coal mine for 16 hours a day.

Especially these days. Those private jets and private chefs are barely enough to keep BK upright so he can

Walk around for 4 hours and swing a massive club 70 times. That thing weighs almost as much as a beer. Good thing he has a guy to

Carry his bag for him or he might collapse from dehydration and scurvy ; )

And good for him for exposing the cruel country clubs that subject him to these miserable conditions like making him wear a hat to go inside and eat his steak.

So many of you want pro golfers to behave like they're on a "reality" TV show. Scripted for your entertainment. Sorta like Tiger's instagram feed that a PR company takes care of: all fluff, no meat.

BK doesn't care about you. He doesn't care to kiss your butt. He doesn't care to entertain you. He won't suffer fools lightly. And he'll tell you what he thinks, whether you like it or not.

He's just one of those guys that wants to play golf. As a result, he's prob one of my favorite golfers. Go, Brooks, Go!

So, Tiger has gone out every day of his career, and played every tournament with one objective. To win. To prepare and focus and play every shot with the same level of intensity. And, as a result, provide the fans with everything they are there to see.

Yet you prefer

Pouty BK. He who maybe will practice...depending on the tournament. Who cares about the fans....well, sort of, this event, it’s more of a practice round actually.

Is that what you are saying?

That because BK is a rebel and wants to wear a hat at dinner

He da man?

Apologies if a bit heavy handed in my delivery, I’m sure you will appreciate me “saying what I think” ; )

Koepka is a solid player. I don't know how you can not like him personally when you don't know him personally.

People couldn't stand Bubba Watson and he's actually one of the most likeable cats out there. Absolute class act on a personal level.

Now, if you see these cats getting pissed on course in a tournament, just remember it's because of what they're playing for.

That last part touches on the bit that baffles me:

"And he'll tell you what he thinks, whether you like it or not."

When did this become some sort of virtue? I genuinely don't understand the thinking behind praising this as a positive character trait. A 5 year old will tell you what they think whether you like it or not.

• Like 1

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 10.5* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Stealth+ 16* Ventus Black 8x // Taylormade SIM Ti V2 16.5* Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8x // Srixon ZX Utility MKII 20* Nippon GOST Hybrid Tour X
Callaway X-Forged Single♦️  22* Nippon GOST Hybrid Tour X 
Bridgestone 
J40 DPC 4i-7i 24*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot || Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant

Double post.

• Like 1

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 10.5* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Stealth+ 16* Ventus Black 8x // Taylormade SIM Ti V2 16.5* Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8x // Srixon ZX Utility MKII 20* Nippon GOST Hybrid Tour X
Callaway X-Forged Single♦️  22* Nippon GOST Hybrid Tour X 
Bridgestone 
J40 DPC 4i-7i 24*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot || Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant

Im sure he’s a very nice person.

But complaining about having to take off your hat to go in the dining room?

Hes 30 years old. That’s something you’d expect a teenager to say.

Now, if he called people “cats” the way you do

I might cut him some slack ; )

Ok ok, man, so quiet out here. Hope everyone is doing ok and hanging in.

To be fair, most of today’s 30-year-olds act like teenagers.

• Like 1

Driver: TaylorMade SIM 8* (standard setting) with MCA Tensei AV Raw Orange 75TX at 44.5"
3W: TaylorMade M5 15* (standard setting) with Oban Devotion 8 O5 at 42"
Hybrid: PXG Gen 2 0317X 19* (standard setting) with Oban Kiyoshi Purple Hybrid O5 at 39.5"
4i-9i: Callaway '18 Apex MB's with KBS C-Taper 130X at 1/4" long
46: Callaway JAWS MD5 10S
50: Callaway JAWS MD5 10S
54: Callaway JAWS MD5 8C
58: Callaway JAWS MD5 8W
Putter: Kari Lajosi Custom DD201WB

Or maybe the vast majority of us posting on Golfwrx are grumpy old men

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5°/Xcaliber SL 45 a flex,Callaway Rogue ST Max Heavenwood/Xcaliber FW a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 3h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 4h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour TC 5h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour+ 6-G/Xcaliber Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby Max Milled 54° & 58°/Xcaliber Wedge 85 r flex, Mizuno Bettinardi C06

To be able to mentally focus to be so on point with every shot, with the most minutely precise margins of error that these guys have to be within to win, is something that wears on them from an athletic standpoint. For Brooks to relax that mental focus in some tournaments so he can channel it the most at the majors isn't a negative.

The fact that Tiger was able to do it at every tournament he played is rare and one of the things that makes him the GOAT.

I just don't get the act. Right around the time he had said he doesn't practice, he was the only pro left on the range at Hamilton GC in way too much rain to practice comfortably, just grindin. You look at most great athletes, they are proud to be the ones who work the hardest. For some reason, Brooks seems to think its cool to play it off like he doesn't have to? When clearly he does. It's strange.

[u][b]2020 Bag[/b][/u]
Titleist TS3 9.5 [i]Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S[/i]
Titleist TS3 15 [i]/Aldila Rogue Silver 70S[/i]
Titleist TS2 19 [i]/Project X Evenflow White 90 6.0[/i]
Titleist T100 4-PW[i]/True Temper AMT Tour White S300[/i]
Titleist Vokey SM7 50F, 54M, 60M 
Evnroll 1.2 34"

BK never said that he, “relaxes that mental focus in some tournaments so he can channel it the most at the majors“

He said,

“My focus probably goes up, I don’t know, tenfold of what it does in a PGA Tour event, which isn’t good. It’s good that I’m doing it in the majors. But I need to do that in the regular weeks.”

Its been working for him. But we have seen a couple of players, Rory and Spieth, have similar runs and then drop off.

That said, I certainly respect his game, saw him at the PGA paired with TW and he was in the zone. Good guy, too. I think as he matures, he will drop the whole “rebel without a cause” attitude. Or in his case, “rebel without a *hat” ; )

Here is a pic I took of him at the PGA

B27BHTZ4AN0X.jpeg

I think people are misconstruing the point he's trying to make when he says that he's "forced to take his hat off in the country club." It has little to do about the hat. It's the fact that he'll get judged for doing so, when there is absolutely nothing to judge him for. Whose hurt by the fact that he wants to wear his hat inside? Other than people's pride, apparently.

I think now that BK is turning 30, he will drop this sadness over taking off his hat. Since it’s generally teenagers who gripe about it.

Whats he gonna do? Go around wearing a hat and a thong when he’s 45 years old?

Is he going to go to the Masters dinner, assuming he ever wins, when he is 60 years old

And whine about taking his hat off?

Taking off your hat. Standing when a woman enters a room (not in a business setting, but socially), these are things grown men do.

• Like 1

You entirely missed the point. It has little to do with the hat. It has way more to do with the fact that something as small as not taking off your hat when inside a country club, is considered this great tragedy. You can apply this same principal to not tucking your shirt on the golf course.

These are matters of opinion and not things that shouldn't be forced upon people. Do I think you should stand up when a lady enters the room? Sure. Do I think you should look someone in the eye when you shake their hand? Yep. However, just because you and I think those things should be done, doesn’t mean they should be rules.

It’s the same way with these weird CC rules. Do I think you should be forced to take your hat off when you enter? No. Would I do it? Yes. Do I wear my polos tucked in? Yep. Do I think you should be scolded and kicked off the course if you don’t? No. Thanks ridiculous.