Found some i25's on ebay...

I found a set of i25's on ebay for a fairly cheap price. 4 - LW. I have been wanting to try some irons with a little less offset in the shorter irons/wedges and the progressive design of the i25's fit the bill. The chunk and forgiveness of the longer irons that go down to the minimal offset of the high irons and wedges. Anyone still playing them? I don't know if they will kick the Amp Cells out of the bag, but honestly, I'm kind of hopeful.

They should be here on the weekend and I already have my fitter tee'd up to get them bent/fit (2-3*) to me. A tournament on Monday being played with the Cobras and then we will give the i25's some working out.

Driver:  Mizuno ST 180 11.5u* w Kuro Kage Silver TiNi DC 60g S Shaft
Irons/Wedges:   Ping Rapture 2 iron w Ping CFS Soft Stepped Stiff Shaft
                             Ping i25 4-UW w Ping AWT 2.0 X-Shafts, SW/LW Ping AWT 2.0 Wedge flex shafts                           
Grips:  Lamkin UTx Midsize Black
Putter:  Bastain Milled Fusion Golf Prototype 1 of 1
Putter Shaft/Grip:   Flow Neck - Custom PX 6.0 shaft @ 32.5"w Super Stroke Traxion 2.0 XL

Plumbers Neck - Custom PX 5.5 shaft @ 32.5"w Super Stroke Traxion GT 1.0

Ball:  Callaway Diablo Tour 3-Piece

Bag: 2020 Ping Hoofer Lite

Glove: MG DynaGrip Elite

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

> @Troutfly said:

> You grab that set for $50? I was going to offer after my 7 min drive to work....

just under $300 for 4-LW all in like new condition. I hit a few shots with my friends i200s and was originally looking for a set of them until i watched a review of i25 vs i200 and the numbers were almost exactly the same. I'm just hoping the CFS stiff shafts and I get along. If not I will try tip trimming a bit. If that doesn't work out, I will have my fitter give me recommendations and over the winter when i'm not skiboarding I will have something to look for and work on.

Putter Shaft/Grip:   Flow Neck - Custom PX 6.0 shaft @ 32.5"w Super Stroke Traxion 2.0 XL

I love Ping irons. I went from I3 Blades, to I25's, to I200's. Its true, the performance of the 200's vs the 25's is very similar, I just really liked the look of the 200's so I switched. They are good irons and they are indestructible, they looked the same as the day I bought them when I eventually sold them. I also had issues with the weights falling out of the back of the I25's... just have to keep an eye on that, and if one falls out try to find it. You can just glue/epoxy them back in, but that was a bit of a pain always having to watch out for that. Hope they work out for you.

Ping G400 Driver
Ping G400 3 Wood
Adams Pro Black 3 Hybrid
Ping I200 4-9 Irons
Ping Glide 2.0 46/50/56/60
Scotty Cameron GOLO

The i25 line (Driver, fw's, hybrids, irons) is Ping's best across the spectrum. Nothing they've made has felt better. I've played the i25 irons and still bag the 22 & 26 hybrids. I'd game a 3w too if it was a little easier to elevate off the deck.

PING G400 Max 10.5° (-)
(fw tbd)
PING i25 22°, 26°
Callaway XHP 6-AW
PING Glide Forged 54°, 58°
PING TR B60, 35"
Srixon Z-Star Yellow

So the SW was delivered yesterday and I was hitting it in the back yard. The ball seems to fly off of the face as compared to the Amp Cells. I know that the i25s and the amp cells were only released 2 years apart but it feels like a completely different pop of the club. If the rest of the i25s feel as good as the SW, I will be enjoying them.

> @eebomb said:

> > @Konklifer said:

> > The i25 line (Driver, fw's, hybrids, irons) is Ping's best across the spectrum. Nothing they've made has felt better. I've played the i25 irons and still bag the 22 & 26 hybrids. I'd game a 3w too if it was a little easier to elevate off the deck.

>

> 25s feel no where as good as i210s

Aren't opinions great?!

PING G400 Max 10.5° (-)
(fw tbd)
PING i25 22°, 26°
Callaway XHP 6-AW
PING Glide Forged 54°, 58°
PING TR B60, 35"
Srixon Z-Star Yellow

> @Konklifer said:

> > @eebomb said:

> > > @Konklifer said:

> > > The i25 line (Driver, fw's, hybrids, irons) is Ping's best across the spectrum. Nothing they've made has felt better. I've played the i25 irons and still bag the 22 & 26 hybrids. I'd game a 3w too if it was a little easier to elevate off the deck.

> >

> > 25s feel no where as good as i210s

>

> Aren't opinions great?!

Truth. For the record, I also prefer the feel of the i25's over the i210"s

I’m on my third full season with a set of i25’s. Which is saying a lot for a person with club ho tendencies. They still look and perform great. I like the new Ping irons, but don’t like how horrible they look after not a whole lot of use. Not sure what I will do after the i25’s.

D - Ping G400 10-degree SFT, Ping Tour 65S
3W - Ping G400 Stretch 13-degree, Alta 65S
Hy - Ping G400 19-degree, Alta 70S
4-P - Titleist 718 T-MB, Project X PXi 6.0
50- Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth
55- Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth ES grind
60- Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth ES grind
P - Bettinardi BB28 Raw Limited