Bryson Deshamble got timed

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

> @Kevinnz said: > Finally someone made fun of him. > > https://www.golfdigest.com/story/bryson-dechambeau-insists-his-pace-is-fine-so-we-timed-him-at-the-tour-championship > &gt

> @tatertot said: > > @Kevinnz said: > > Finally someone made fun of him. > > > > https://www.golfdigest.com/story/bryson-dechambeau-insists-his-pace-is-fine-so-we-time

Bryson living rent free in a lot of peoples heads lately.

> @Kevinnz said:

> Finally someone made fun of him.

>

> https://www.golfdigest.com/story/bryson-dechambeau-insists-his-pace-is-fine-so-we-timed-him-at-the-tour-championship

>

> I wonder whether bryson actually putts better once he is limited to 40sec per putt.

Are you 12? Nobody "made fun of him". Making fun of somebody is something children do by using juvenile made-up names like "Deshambles."

This was actually a well-written piece that shows Bryson isn't a slow player in places (the tee box) but is a slow player in other aspects of his game, which has been the charge levied against him. Dude needs to pick up the pace and quit being so defensive when people - including his co-workers on tour - call him out on it.

• Like 3

Driver: TaylorMade M3, 10.5*
Fairway: Adams Fast 10, 15*
Hybrid: Adams Idea Tech A4, 19*
5-GW: Titleist 718 AP1, 24*-48*
SW: Ping Glide ES, 56*
Putter: Ping Classic Stainless Steel Anser 2
Ball: Srixon Z-Star
Bag: Ping Mascot

> @tatertot said:

> > @Kevinnz said:

> > Finally someone made fun of him.

> >

> > https://www.golfdigest.com/story/bryson-dechambeau-insists-his-pace-is-fine-so-we-timed-him-at-the-tour-championship

> >

> > I wonder whether bryson actually putts better once he is limited to 40sec per putt.

>

> Are you 12? Nobody "made fun of him". Making fun of somebody is something children do by using juvenile made-up names like "Deshambles."

>

> This was actually a well-written piece that shows Bryson isn't a slow player in places (the tee box) but is a slow player in other aspects of his game, which has been the charge levied against him. Dude needs to pick up the pace and quit being so defensive when people - including his co-workers on tour - call him out on it.

Don’t you know? Any criticism at all nowadays you’re “insulting” someone and are a “hater”. Get with the millennial program and off my lawn!

• Like 2

> @Montanagolf said:

> Probably would help his putting, for sure...

Can't believe after he took 2 minutes and 41 seconds to miss a putt, then took another minute to hole out after Reavie's putt. I know we're not playing for money, but if anyone did that in my playing group I'd remind him kindly. We're that kind of people LOL.

Callaway Epic SZ Driver 9
TM Aeroburner TP 3 wood
3H (19), 4H (22) Aeroburner TP
Mizuno MP-15 5 iron, Project X LZ 6.5
Mizuno MP-5 6-PW, Project X LZ 6.5
Wedges Mizuno T7 50, 56, 60
Scotty Phantom X6 STR

> @Golfjack said:

> > @Montanagolf said:

> > Probably would help his putting, for sure...

>

> Can't believe after he took 2 minutes and 41 seconds to miss a putt, then took another minute to hole out after Reavie's putt. I know we're not playing for money, but if anyone did that in my playing group I'd remind him kindly. We're that kind of people LOL.

Byson could cut all those times in half if he just started working on his shot while the other guy was working on his.

Driver: Taylormade SIM 9 Project X Green 60TX

Fairway Finder: Taylormade Original One 13.5 Ventus Red 9X
Taylormade Gapr low 2 ventus blue 9x
4-PW Cobra king forged CB KBS $ Taper 130 X flex
Wedges 50, 54, 60 Cleveland ZIPCORE
PUTTER; Kronos release long neck
BALL; Bridgestone BX, OR Taylomade TP5x PIX

> @tatertot said:

> > @Kevinnz said:

> > Finally someone made fun of him.

> >

> > https://www.golfdigest.com/story/bryson-dechambeau-insists-his-pace-is-fine-so-we-timed-him-at-the-tour-championship

> >

> > I wonder whether bryson actually putts better once he is limited to 40sec per putt.

>

> Are you 12? Nobody "made fun of him". Making fun of somebody is something children do by using juvenile made-up names like "Deshambles."

>

> This was actually a well-written piece that shows Bryson isn't a slow player in places (the tee box) but is a slow player in other aspects of his game, which has been the charge levied against him. Dude needs to pick up the pace and quit being so defensive when people - including his co-workers on tour - call him out on it.

Yea im trying to be as naive as mr deshamble.... Honestly cannot remember how to spell his surname until i saw someone else posted deshamble, cannot forget now.

Agree the article is serious and really gives us how bryson performs. Its funny in the way that he is the one that got pickd. There are a few guys who are slower than bryson, but here he is, under supa bright spotlight.

> @QuigleyDU said:

> > @Golfjack said:

> > > @Montanagolf said:

> > > Probably would help his putting, for sure...

> >

> > Can't believe after he took 2 minutes and 41 seconds to miss a putt, then took another minute to hole out after Reavie's putt. I know we're not playing for money, but if anyone did that in my playing group I'd remind him kindly. We're that kind of people LOL.

>

> Byson could cut all those times in half if he just started working on his shot while the other guy was working on his.

I'm not sure why he doesn't? Is he meditating or something? Nothing changes if he is prepping. But maybe he doesn't want to be talking and practice swinging while his partner is hitting. His process must be very verbal, like he needs a conversation with his caddie to confirm everything. I don't get all that talk. He just needs the carry yardage, wind etc, pin location, green contour. Actually the caddie could have prepped the last two even before the round. Just like he is fast on tee shots. He already knows where to hit it. That doesn't change each round. With all his research he should be the most prepared instead of the guy who's doing the most work before hitting a shot.

Callaway Epic SZ Driver 9
TM Aeroburner TP 3 wood
3H (19), 4H (22) Aeroburner TP
Mizuno MP-15 5 iron, Project X LZ 6.5
Mizuno MP-5 6-PW, Project X LZ 6.5
Wedges Mizuno T7 50, 56, 60
Scotty Phantom X6 STR

> @QuigleyDU said:

> > @Golfjack said:

> > > @Montanagolf said:

> > > Probably would help his putting, for sure...

> >

> > Can't believe after he took 2 minutes and 41 seconds to miss a putt, then took another minute to hole out after Reavie's putt. I know we're not playing for money, but if anyone did that in my playing group I'd remind him kindly. We're that kind of people LOL.

>

> Byson could cut all those times in half if he just started working on his shot while the other guy was working on his.

Some time around 2005-6, the First Commandment of the highly-paid mental game gurus to the Tour players became "Thou Shalt Never Prepare To Hit Until The Other Guy Is Done". They are literally *paying* people to give them advice like that, along with "Thou Shalt Start Thy Routine Over If You Aren't Totally Confident For Any Reason".

Imagine how many tournaments Hogan would have won if someone had clued him in to all these magic formulas. The Power of Procrastination.

> @"North Butte" said:

> > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > @Golfjack said:

> > > > @Montanagolf said:

> > > > Probably would help his putting, for sure...

> > >

> > > Can't believe after he took 2 minutes and 41 seconds to miss a putt, then took another minute to hole out after Reavie's putt. I know we're not playing for money, but if anyone did that in my playing group I'd remind him kindly. We're that kind of people LOL.

> >

> > Byson could cut all those times in half if he just started working on his shot while the other guy was working on his.

>

> Some time around 2005-6, the First Commandment of the highly-paid mental game gurus to the Tour players became "Thou Shalt Never Prepare To Hit Until The Other Guy Is Done". They are literally *paying* people to give them advice like that, along with "Thou Shalt Start Thy Routine Over If You Aren't Totally Confident For Any Reason".

>

> Imagine how many tournaments Hogan would have won if someone had clued him in to all these magic formulas. The Power of Procrastination.

Because Sergio can see and hear you pull a club from the trees while he’s getting ready to play and will be sure to blame you publicly for it when he screws up the shot.

> @sphna12d said:

> > @"North Butte" said:

> > > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > > @Golfjack said:

> > > > > @Montanagolf said:

> > > > > Probably would help his putting, for sure...

> > > >

> > > > Can't believe after he took 2 minutes and 41 seconds to miss a putt, then took another minute to hole out after Reavie's putt. I know we're not playing for money, but if anyone did that in my playing group I'd remind him kindly. We're that kind of people LOL.

> > >

> > > Byson could cut all those times in half if he just started working on his shot while the other guy was working on his.

> >

> > Some time around 2005-6, the First Commandment of the highly-paid mental game gurus to the Tour players became "Thou Shalt Never Prepare To Hit Until The Other Guy Is Done". They are literally *paying* people to give them advice like that, along with "Thou Shalt Start Thy Routine Over If You Aren't Totally Confident For Any Reason".

> >

> > Imagine how many tournaments Hogan would have won if someone had clued him in to all these magic formulas. The Power of Procrastination.

>

> Because Sergio can see and hear you pull a club from the trees while he’s getting ready to play and will be sure to blame you publicly for it when he screws up the shot.

in certain situations, it is probably better to wait, in others you can have everything done and then just swing away once it is your turn.

Driver: Taylormade SIM 9 Project X Green 60TX

Fairway Finder: Taylormade Original One 13.5 Ventus Red 9X
Taylormade Gapr low 2 ventus blue 9x
4-PW Cobra king forged CB KBS $ Taper 130 X flex
Wedges 50, 54, 60 Cleveland ZIPCORE
PUTTER; Kronos release long neck
BALL; Bridgestone BX, OR Taylomade TP5x PIX

> @sphna12d said:

> > @"North Butte" said:

> > > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > > @Golfjack said:

> > > > > @Montanagolf said:

> > > > > Probably would help his putting, for sure...

> > > >

> > > > Can't believe after he took 2 minutes and 41 seconds to miss a putt, then took another minute to hole out after Reavie's putt. I know we're not playing for money, but if anyone did that in my playing group I'd remind him kindly. We're that kind of people LOL.

> > >

> > > Byson could cut all those times in half if he just started working on his shot while the other guy was working on his.

> >

> > Some time around 2005-6, the First Commandment of the highly-paid mental game gurus to the Tour players became "Thou Shalt Never Prepare To Hit Until The Other Guy Is Done". They are literally *paying* people to give them advice like that, along with "Thou Shalt Start Thy Routine Over If You Aren't Totally Confident For Any Reason".

> >

> > Imagine how many tournaments Hogan would have won if someone had clued him in to all these magic formulas. The Power of Procrastination.

>

> Because Sergio can see and hear you pull a club from the trees while he’s getting ready to play and will be sure to blame you publicly for it when he screws up the shot.

It was more the fact that the huge gallery clapped/cheered when tiger pulled the club, not the sound of pulling the club. I’m with Sergio on that one.

> @Kevinnz said:

> > @tatertot said:

> > > @Kevinnz said:

> > > Finally someone made fun of him.

> > >

> > > https://www.golfdigest.com/story/bryson-dechambeau-insists-his-pace-is-fine-so-we-timed-him-at-the-tour-championship

> > >

> > > I wonder whether bryson actually putts better once he is limited to 40sec per putt.

> >

> > Are you 12? Nobody "made fun of him". Making fun of somebody is something children do by using juvenile made-up names like "Deshambles."

> >

> > This was actually a well-written piece that shows Bryson isn't a slow player in places (the tee box) but is a slow player in other aspects of his game, which has been the charge levied against him. Dude needs to pick up the pace and quit being so defensive when people - including his co-workers on tour - call him out on it.

>

> Yea im trying to be as naive as mr deshamble.... Honestly cannot remember how to spell his surname until i saw someone else posted deshamble, cannot forget now.

> Agree the article is serious and really gives us how bryson performs. Its funny in the way that he is the one that got pickd. There are a few guys who are slower than bryson, but here he is, under supa bright spotlight.

His name is literally spelled out in the link YOU posted....?

I'd be interested in them timing guys like McIlroy, Koepka and DJ to see what their numbers look like and how big the gap really is. I don't doubt for a second that they are faster, but im curious if a shot clock would still possibly impact them as well.

It was interesting in the article that Reavie, who they said is a fast player, still averaged over 50s from 50 yards and in. They tallied up all of Bryson's bad times, but it sounds like Reavie would have had a few as well.

> @SirFuego said:

> I'd be interested in them timing guys like McIlroy, Koepka and DJ to see what their numbers look like and how big the gap really is. I don't doubt for a second that they are faster, but im curious if a shot clock would still possibly impact them as well.

>

> It was interesting in the article that Reavie, who they said is a fast player, still averaged over 50s from 50 yards and in. They tallied up all of Bryson's bad times, but it sounds like Reavie would have had a few as well.

Rory and brooks are pretty quick, even with putter or other sticks. DJ is slow with his putter too but thats exactly when he is putting badly. When hes comfortable putting he goes pretty quick.

> @smashdn said:

> Someone with the data and the time graph the length of shot to the proximity to the hole as a percentage of shot distance and see if they positively or negatively correlate. It might be the data driven analysis Bryson needs to speed up.

Why would shot length have anything to do with the time needed?

> @Roadking2003 said:

> > @ingy said:

> > more than 40 seconds just for a 30 yard punch out, and 2:41 for a putt on 9..... putrid

>

> You can't judge a guy on two shots. You have to look at the entire round.

Yup....take Koepka for example since he seems to want to be at the forefront of this. He is lucky he wasn't being timed yesterday on the hole where he took the drop due to the sprinkler. It had to be close to 2 minutes after he placed the ball before he made the lag put.

Golf just never seemed that quick to me. Whether it's watching Greg Norman, Jack Nicklaus or Nick Faldo. Maybe it's due for an entire overhaul where there is the traditional style game and a quicker/shorter format.

For those non Americans that know what cricket is, such a revolution took place 40 odd year ago when Kerry Packer shook up the staid/slow/conservative 5 day game of cricket and turned it into a one day game. It's since been shortened even more. Kinda like if golf had a tour filled with the stadium type environment every hole of every tour stop.

In this arena, if one is too slow, they hear it from the crowd. It's not the golf we know, but maybe golf is due for a makeover.

Or we can just go on debating if someone is 30 seconds over the 40 seconds limit ad infinitum.