GolfWRX 2019 Best Drivers Discussion Thread

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seems legit... Epic Flash Sub Zero w/ HZRDUS Smoke 70 X is hands down the best performing driver combo I've ever owned

As a fitter for the last 15 years, IMO and experience, the lead horses this year are the Cobra F9, Callaway Epic Flash, and the Ping G410.

Titleist does. You can flatten the lie angle by .75* > @Bluedog54 said: > I bought the Ping G410 Plus for the simple reason that the Ping hozzle adjustment allows for a "flat" lie setting... as

> @Rig14Port said:

> Seems legit... Epic Flash Sub Zero w/ HZRDUS Smoke 70 X is hands down the best performing driver combo I've ever owned

I had this exact same setup but I had two crack on the top of the driver in the exact same spot, right by the hossle right through the "epic" logo

WITB:
Taylormade M5 9° Hzrdus Smoke Green "Hulk" 60TX
Taylormade M1 3HL 17° Graphite Design ADDI 80X Tipped 1" 
Taylormade P790 3 Aldila RIP 85X
Taylormade Tour Preferred MB's 4-PW PX 6.5/Nike VR Pro Combos 4-PW PX 6.5
Taylormade High-Toe 52°/56°/60° PX 6.5
Odyssey Works Versa 7 35"

> @SBH9458 said:

> TS4. Longest driver I’ve ever owned. Truth. I haven’t owned it long enough to speak to consistency and such, but it is the longest.

same here TS4 is the longest so far for me...it was the adams 9015D for me before.

SIM 10.5* Tensei Pro Orange 70TX(.5") :: TS3 9.5* Tensei Pro Orange 70TX(.5") :: 2017 M2 TI 9.3*-1.8* 205g Diamana X Limited 60s(.5")
F9 14.5* Tour AD IZ-8TX(1") :: TS2 15* Tour AD IZ-8TX(1") :: 2017 M2 15* Crazy La Bomba FW 80s(1")
MB-001 2i KBS C-Taper Lite 115X :: X-Forged UT 18* Project X :: F9 19* Tensei Pro White 100TX
MB-001 4-9 Modus3 Tour 120X :: AR1 4-9 Aerotech SteelFiber 110cw :: MP-29 2-9 KBS Tour
WedgeWorks V-Grind 46/50/55/60 DG S400 Tour Issue
Scotty Tour Black 009M Hoops
Scotty Tour Black Buttonback T10 Newport Deep Milled Insert Only
Studio Stock 28 SB Center Shaft Blackout(Spacial Black Friday) Limited Release
Queen B 5 Blackout(Spacial Black Friday) Limited Release
Studio Stock 38 (current gamer)
K-Signature
WITB Link

Funny enough, I have demoed quite a few of the "best" drivers from this year but find myself returning to the M3 every time.

Taylormade ONE Tensei Pro Blue 70TX | Taylormade Tour M6 Hzrdus HC Red 75 X  | Callaway '16 Apex HC Hzrdus 105 X | Callaway '16 Apex HC Hzrdus 105 X | Srixon 765 Nippon 2G18 SCobra MIM B 51° / 56° |  Rossie WHP

> @tsecor said:

> I play a 910 D3...what is the logical move within the TS category?? I'm still confused with the rebadging of all titleist products this year....TS1-3 seem all the same to me. The TS4 is smaller,, so at least you can see the difference.

I just put a 910 D2 back in the bag but went with a low loft and mid shaft... so far, its as long as anything else I have tried and still very forgiving. The only driver I have gotten faster ball speeds with than the 910 D2 was the ST190G. As far as the TS line goes, I'd probably say the TS3 from the 910 D3... it still looks smaller from the top but has a deeper face and will be pretty forgiving. I think the 910 feels and sounds better though.... You'd have to see if you really gain anything honestly. I had been demoing the TS2 also, but the 910 was actually giving me better numbers. TS2 is forgiving and feels nice, though.

Ping G400 Max 9* Aldila VS Proto 60x

Ping G425 Max 14.5*  Aldila Rogue Silver 70s

Srixon Z785 3-P Modus 120s

Titleist Vokey SM6 52/12, 58/8

Ping Tyne 4 2021  34"

> @Nixhex524 said:

> > @tsecor said:

> > I play a 910 D3...what is the logical move within the TS category?? I'm still confused with the rebadging of all titleist products this year....TS1-3 seem all the same to me. The TS4 is smaller,, so at least you can see the difference.

>

> I just put a 910 D2 back in the bag but went with a low loft and mid shaft... so far, its as long as anything else I have tried and still very forgiving. The only driver I have gotten faster ball speeds with than the 910 D2 was the ST190G. As far as the TS line goes, I'd probably say the TS3 from the 910 D3... it still looks smaller from the top but has a deeper face and will be pretty forgiving. I think the 910 feels and sounds better though.... You'd have to see if you really gain anything honestly. I had been demoing the TS2 also, but the 910 was actually giving me better numbers. TS2 is forgiving and feels nice, though.

>

>

I just hit my longest drive of my life with the 910 tonight. 320 yards. Ive hit one or 2 at 300 before but its so rare for me to be over 275. I caught one perfectly and got a nice roll. I am not sure a $500 driver would ever pay off for me

I wholeheartedly disagree with this "study" and this thread even being made. Stay in your own swimlane WRX. We want the forums, the banter, the arguments, the agreements, and the perspective of thousands upon thousands of other people out there that talk like they play scratch but are really 20+ cappers that make it to the course once every other month and spend the rest of the time at their local shop on an old launch monitor that is broken.

Not to mention no part of this "study" is part of Tour and Pre-Release Equipment. None of the products are from a Tour Pro. A fitter is not a tour pro. All of the equipment is released thusly, not "pre released".

This forum is taking a turn...

I dinked around with all kinds of new drivers, shafts, from last summer til now, OG Epic with T800 stock is still the best set up for me, just works for mortal swing speed.

• Like 1

GBB Ventus Black 6
F9 Tour 3w-Smoke 70
F9 Tour 5w-Smoke 70
F9 21* hybrid - ATMOS black 

F9 24* hybrid Hzrdus smoke 
Mavrik Pro 6-G Elevate 105
MD5 52-56
Toulon Portland Garage 
TM TP5X 

> @tsecor said:

> > @Nixhex524 said:

> > > @tsecor said:

> > > I play a 910 D3...what is the logical move within the TS category?? I'm still confused with the rebadging of all titleist products this year....TS1-3 seem all the same to me. The TS4 is smaller,, so at least you can see the difference.

> >

> > I just put a 910 D2 back in the bag but went with a low loft and mid shaft... so far, its as long as anything else I have tried and still very forgiving. The only driver I have gotten faster ball speeds with than the 910 D2 was the ST190G. As far as the TS line goes, I'd probably say the TS3 from the 910 D3... it still looks smaller from the top but has a deeper face and will be pretty forgiving. I think the 910 feels and sounds better though.... You'd have to see if you really gain anything honestly. I had been demoing the TS2 also, but the 910 was actually giving me better numbers. TS2 is forgiving and feels nice, though.

> >

> >

>

> I just hit my longest drive of my life with the 910 tonight. 320 yards. Ive hit one or 2 at 300 before but its so rare for me to be over 275. I caught one perfectly and got a nice roll. I am not sure a $500 driver would ever pay off for me

Distance has been maxed for awhile... the right setup with five year old tech will launch the ball as far as anything else on the market. The only things you can buy now are a better overall setup and more forgiveness.

I’ve been wanting a new driver, but really think I just need a good fitter to find the right shaft and head combination and buy last years technology.

As of 1/24/21

9 Callaway Mavrk Sub Zero with RipX

13 Degree Adams Speedline with Aldila Alpha 

18 Degree Adams A12 with Proforce V2

4 Utility Sub70 699u 22 degree Proforce V2

5 iron Sub70 639 CB with S400

6-GW Adams CMB with Project X 6.0

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

SeeMore milled Tri-Mallet fit and built at SeeMore 

About time for me to upgrade, been playing the mizuno 190, sound and numbers are good but the ping 410 lst is calling.

Taylormade Sim2 Accra RPG 462 M4+

Callaway Epic speed 15* Accra Rpg 382 M5 

PXG 19*  Accra Tz5 85

Srixon ZX utility 23* accra 105 ut

Mizuno 921 Tour  5-pw  accra 115i 

Wilson Staff wedge 54/58  

Earlier this year I was all in on Callaway EF. Then I went to the range with a buddy who changed hosel settings, weight placement. When I started hitting my clubs post his adjustment I hit the ball everywhere! This reminded me why I keep away from adjustable weight clubs; tinkering is unavoidable (for me) and hurts my game. I’m 1000% happy with my TM M2/M4/M6 woods and hybrids. I have confidence that they work well just as they are.

Callaway Epic Speed 9° driver Diamana TB 70S

Callaway Epic Max LS 10.5° Diamana TB 70S

Callaway Epic Flash 15° fairway wood Diamana TB 80S

Callaway Epic Flash 18° hybrid MMT Hybrid 90S

Mizuno JPX 921 Forged 4-PW & GW Modus3 Tour 120S

Mizuno T20 Wedge 50-07 Modus3 Tour 120S

Mizuno T20 Wedges 55-13 and 60-06 Modus3 125 Wedge

Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

Titleist Pro V1

> @tsecor said:

> > @Nixhex524 said:

> > > @tsecor said:

> > > I play a 910 D3...what is the logical move within the TS category?? I'm still confused with the rebadging of all titleist products this year....TS1-3 seem all the same to me. The TS4 is smaller,, so at least you can see the difference.

> >

> > I just put a 910 D2 back in the bag but went with a low loft and mid shaft... so far, its as long as anything else I have tried and still very forgiving. The only driver I have gotten faster ball speeds with than the 910 D2 was the ST190G. As far as the TS line goes, I'd probably say the TS3 from the 910 D3... it still looks smaller from the top but has a deeper face and will be pretty forgiving. I think the 910 feels and sounds better though.... You'd have to see if you really gain anything honestly. I had been demoing the TS2 also, but the 910 was actually giving me better numbers. TS2 is forgiving and feels nice, though.

> >

> >

>

> I just hit my longest drive of my life with the 910 tonight. 320 yards. Ive hit one or 2 at 300 before but its so rare for me to be over 275. I caught one perfectly and got a nice roll. I am not sure a $500 driver would ever pay off for me

Probably not.. I was getting faster ball speeds with the 910 than I was with the TS2 or TS3. I don't know what it was but it definitely translated to the course for me the last two rounds. My '17 M2 is another great driver, I love it, but actually prefer the feel of the 910 for now. I will keep the M2, but bag the 910 for now. Lots of great drivers out right now, only new driver I am really considering is the M5, but I think if you have something good now, no reason to upgrade for the prices they are at currently.

Ping G400 Max 9* Aldila VS Proto 60x

Ping G425 Max 14.5*  Aldila Rogue Silver 70s

Srixon Z785 3-P Modus 120s

Titleist Vokey SM6 52/12, 58/8

Ping Tyne 4 2021  34"

> @tsecor said:

> I play a 910 D3...what is the logical move within the TS category?? I'm still confused with the rebadging of all titleist products this year....TS1-3 seem all the same to me. The TS4 is smaller,, so at least you can see the difference.

TS3 is D3...but if you like smaller profile and can hit the TS4, man this thing rolls forever! it is low launch so if you are getting it, make sure to get higher loft than usual.

SIM 10.5* Tensei Pro Orange 70TX(.5") :: TS3 9.5* Tensei Pro Orange 70TX(.5") :: 2017 M2 TI 9.3*-1.8* 205g Diamana X Limited 60s(.5")
F9 14.5* Tour AD IZ-8TX(1") :: TS2 15* Tour AD IZ-8TX(1") :: 2017 M2 15* Crazy La Bomba FW 80s(1")
MB-001 2i KBS C-Taper Lite 115X :: X-Forged UT 18* Project X :: F9 19* Tensei Pro White 100TX
MB-001 4-9 Modus3 Tour 120X :: AR1 4-9 Aerotech SteelFiber 110cw :: MP-29 2-9 KBS Tour
WedgeWorks V-Grind 46/50/55/60 DG S400 Tour Issue
Scotty Tour Black 009M Hoops
Scotty Tour Black Buttonback T10 Newport Deep Milled Insert Only
Studio Stock 28 SB Center Shaft Blackout(Spacial Black Friday) Limited Release
Queen B 5 Blackout(Spacial Black Friday) Limited Release
Studio Stock 38 (current gamer)
K-Signature
WITB Link

On August 26, KETO posted and said, in part: "........Good square hits were right down the line or wanted to get back there, on a store sim that I know is not jacked and in fact adjusted for below our sea level..."......I have never thought of that, altho I did wonder if there were a way to 'rig' the Trackmaster etc.....is there any way to know if the store or fitter has rigged the Trackmaster device to artificially inflate the distance, or measure it "long"..??..??.....I suppose I could hit my current driver and use that distance to see if the device is accurate to start with, but is there a better way to check, espec with the adjustment relative to altitude (sea level versus Denver, for example)? Thanks....ps: how do you reply to a post from another user?

I hadn’t owned a Callaway club in probably 15 years. Used FlyZ + for many years, switched to an M5 Tour and it was a great driver. Don’t know how or why I got talked into trying the Epic Flash SZ but on the second swing the ball was gone. Bombed. 15 more shots and I traded the M5 and bought the SZ. So many great drivers out right now but I am loving the Epic Flash SZ.

• Like 1

SRIXON ZX5 9.5 MIYAZAKI MIZORE 60X.                                              SRIXON ZX 13.5 MIYAZAKI MIZORE 70X                                               SRIXON H85 16 MATRIX BLACKTIE 95 SRIXON Z FORGED 4-PW CATALYST 100 6.5                                   CLEVELAND RTX4 50* CATALYST 100 6.0                                        CLEVELAND RTX4 54* CATALYST 100 6.0                                         CLEVELAND RTX4 58* CATALYST 100 6.0.                                             SEEMORE mFGP20 PLATINUM 38” SNELL MTB-X

I had the Epic SZ drive for the past couple of seasons and liked it. But I felt I needed more spin (getting older). So I tried the Epic Flash at the PGA Tour SS and liked what I was seeing and feeling. I picked up a new look head only on The Bay for $250. Of course, I checked the serial number on it with Callaway customer service and it was good. I had an Evenflow Blue in my SZ and plug it into the Flash head and hit it at the range.

The one thing I noticed immediately was the impact was softer. The sound was also livelier. What I got was more distance with the Flash and more consistency. No doubt owing to more spin. I had hit some Taylormade drivers and the new Titleist, but only in the stall. I just have an affinity for the Callaway drivers I guess. The Flash is a great driver. It would be my choice, despite not hitting all that's out there.