Canceled my opponents stroke today.

2bGood

Played a match today against a player with bad reputation for cheating. He lived up to it and had to call him out more than once. Beside that, I for the first cancelled an opponents stroke for playing out of turn. He hit his ball in a bunker behind the green that you could not see from the fairway. He drove off in his cart and by the time I walked up the green his ball as 2’ from the hole.

As I was always I made him rehit as I frankly believed some shenanigans occurred given how eager was to race up and hit. He left it the bunker twice on his rehit.

Never thought I would have to invoke this rule.

Honestly, sad to think if you are playing in any type of sanctioned event with a player this questionable and with this reputation disappoints me. So sorry you had to invoke a rule to which this is supposed to a game of honesty but hopeful you set the trend that everyone else will invoke to rule to keep this player in check.....

Cobra SZ - Rogue 60s
TM 15* M2v1 - RIP Phenom 60S
TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Sub70- 649mbs-PW-6 ,639 CBs-5-4   PX 6.0 Rifles
Vokey SM7 - 50*/8*, 56*/10* & 60*/8* S200
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

> @Exactice808 said:

> Honestly, sad to think if you are playing in any type of sanctioned event with a player this questionable and with this reputation disappoints me. So sorry you had to invoke a rule to which this is supposed to a game of honesty but hopeful you set the trend that everyone else will invoke to rule to keep this player in check.....

>

>

Yes it sucked to play under these conditions. Had to watch him like a hawk. Tried to declare the wrong score on three holes. Raced ahead and found all his lost balls, and had a very sandy cap etc.

I won on 18 thankfully.

> @2bGood said:

> > @Exactice808 said:

> > Honestly, sad to think if you are playing in any type of sanctioned event with a player this questionable and with this reputation disappoints me. So sorry you had to invoke a rule to which this is supposed to a game of honesty but hopeful you set the trend that everyone else will invoke to rule to keep this player in check.....

> >

> >

>

> Yes it sucked to play under these conditions. Had to watch him like a hawk. Tried to declare the wrong score on three holes. Raced ahead and found all his lost balls, and had a very sandy cap etc.

>

> I won on 18 thankfully.

>

GOOD Grief...you had to endure for 18holes..... sad that some people will take it to that level. I dont play for big money mostly bragging rights and pride..... there are some "questionable" actions by other once in a while.... but Golf Gods are amazing....I cant imagine how BAD people want to win something legit.......its saddening.....

Cobra SZ - Rogue 60s
TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

I hate the race ahead cheaters

Ping G400 Max 10.5* PX 6A4 7.0x

Ping G400 5w 16.9* GD AD DJ 6x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* Fuji TS 8.2s

Cally Apex '16 4h 23* Matrix 92x

Cally Apex ‘19 5h 26* Matrix 92x
Srixon ZX7 6-9 PX Catalyst 6.5
Ping Glide OG 46*, 50*, 54* & 59*ES SF 125s

Piretti Matera Elite torched

I admit to trying to cheat once in my days of playing tournament golf. I was young and stupid. The funny thing is that it was pointless. I hit what I thought was an OB tee ball, hit a second ball quickly (exactly the same ball as the first ball) and ran up to “claim” the second ball as my first.

The drives were a foot away from each other. I incurred some sort of penalty for not being able to identify which ball was the first one, can’t really remember how that went down, just that I learned that cheating never pays.

• Like 2

Former professional golfer. Current amateur human being. Reforming club addict.

> @farmer said:

> Back in the day, there were a couple of guys at our little club who fancied themselves to be "hustlers". I found it tiring to tend to my game while also tending to theirs. Glad you beat this cheating sob.

Yes it was allot of work. I walk when I golf, but new this guy uses the cart to cheat so I had a tough decision wether to cart to watch him more closely or walk. I opted to play my game the way I play it. I suspect I would have won much earlier in the match if I could have been closer to him.

> @2bGood said:

> > @"rich s" said:

> > take the same cart

>

> I walk win I golf. I play better that way. I considered carting to protect myself, but I figured if I comprised the way I like to play golf and the way I play my best golf, then I already let the cheater win.

>

You dodged a bullet! It’s nigh impossible to keep an eye on he cart-aheaders. You must have the mental grit of a Nicklaus having to deal with those shenanigans for 4 hours.

g400max 9*- [b]rogue 125 60tx[/b]
[b]m2 tour 15.8*[/b] - ad gp-8x
m2 tour 19.8* - [b]diamana s 83x[/b]
[b]4-gw ap1 712[/b] - s300's
[b]mp-t10[/b] 56.10 - s300
[b]tvd 60m[/b] - ti s400
piretti potenza ii [b]365g[/b] 34"

> @PowderedToastMan said:

> I admit to trying to cheat once in my days of playing tournament golf. I was young and stupid. The funny thing is that it was pointless. I hit what I thought was an OB tee ball, hit a second ball quickly (exactly the same ball as the first ball) and ran up to “claim” the second ball as my first.

>

> The drives were a foot away from each other. I incurred some sort of penalty for not being able to identify which ball was the first one, can’t really remember how that went down, just that I learned that cheating never pays.

The way it should of went down is you should of got to pick which one you wanted to play but you were then hitting your 4th as the "original" is considered lost since you couldn't identify either ball.

2016 M1 9.5 tuned to 7.5
TM r15 3 wood
Adams Idea Pro 2h/4h
Mizuno JPX 900 HM 5-PW
Vokey SM7 48* F Grind
Vokey SM7 54* F Grind
Vokey SM7 58* M Grind

> @2bGood said:

> > @"rich s" said:

> > take the same cart

>

> I walk win I golf. I play better that way. I considered carting to protect myself, but I figured if I comprised the way I like to play golf and the way I play my best golf, then I already let the cheater win.

>

I walk as well and we have one of those race ahead cheaters.

I suspect him of doing this twice during the 1st round of the club championship. But cannot prove it. I did however see him do it during a dogfight a couple months ago. I was spotting his ball as he tried to recover from the woods around a tree and dogleg. He hit it into the green side hazard between two trees. 100 % I know where it was. I told him. He races up in a cart and I walk up. He then just a ball from the shorter rough 10 yards ahead of where I know the ball is. This is on the second hole. So do you blow up The Whole round in hole 2 by calling a fellow handicap committee member a cheat ?

TM Stealth +  8* Kai li 60x 

TM Sim2 max 16.5 MMT 70x 

Tsi2 21* graphite design Ad IZ 8s 

Titleist T100 4-pw MMT 125 TX 

Very sm7 50* edel sms 54* 58* MMT 125 TX 

Cameron GSS 009  1.5 , sound slot , tungsten sole weights , head speed shaft. 

> @bladehunter said:

> > @2bGood said:

> > > @"rich s" said:

> > > take the same cart

> >

> > I walk win I golf. I play better that way. I considered carting to protect myself, but I figured if I comprised the way I like to play golf and the way I play my best golf, then I already let the cheater win.

> >

>

> I walk as well and we have one of those race ahead cheaters.

>

> I suspect him of doing this twice during the 1st round of the club championship. But cannot prove it. I did however see him do it during a dogfight a couple months ago. I was spotting his ball as he tried to recover from the woods around a tree and dogleg. He hit it into the green side hazard between two trees. 100 % I know where it was. I told him. He races up in a cart and I walk up. He then just a ball from the shorter rough 10 yards ahead of where I know the ball is. This is on the second hole. So do you blow up The Whole round in hole 2 by calling a fellow handicap committee member a cheat ?

Nope - call him an f’n cheat! I kid. Kind of.

Countdown to The Masters has begun!

> @Hawkeye77 said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @2bGood said:

> > > > @"rich s" said:

> > > > take the same cart

> > >

> > > I walk win I golf. I play better that way. I considered carting to protect myself, but I figured if I comprised the way I like to play golf and the way I play my best golf, then I already let the cheater win.

> > >

> >

> > I walk as well and we have one of those race ahead cheaters.

> >

> > I suspect him of doing this twice during the 1st round of the club championship. But cannot prove it. I did however see him do it during a dogfight a couple months ago. I was spotting his ball as he tried to recover from the woods around a tree and dogleg. He hit it into the green side hazard between two trees. 100 % I know where it was. I told him. He races up in a cart and I walk up. He then just a ball from the shorter rough 10 yards ahead of where I know the ball is. This is on the second hole. So do you blow up The Whole round in hole 2 by calling a fellow handicap committee member a cheat ?

>

> Nope - call him an f’n cheat! I kid. Kind of.

I don’t disagree. But you know the type person and scenario ... this would have caused ww3. Literally. An implosion of epic proportions and when it all boiled down I’m The bad guy , since I’m the only one who saw it. I’m truly outnumbered on the cheater/no cheater scale.

TM Sim2 max 16.5 MMT 70x 

> @musclefront said:

> If everyone knows he’s a cheat why is he allowed to play in the league?

The quick answer to that is , ..... because there are more cheaters than not. We ( the handicap committee ) are still to this very day having to chase and post rounds for a member who is a listed 5 handicap ( down from 10 ) that shot 3 68s in competition inside the last month. He posted none of these. And this guy plays 5 days a week. He posts once a month. Club management gives us the side eye , veiled threat when we talk about turning him into the USga. I’m going to blow up one day and do it. But I’ll need to be ready to play elsewhere when I do. I’ve hit my tongue because of the convenience of the course to my house and I also have an 11 year old playing several days a week on a family membership. Always politics involved

TM Sim2 max 16.5 MMT 70x 

> @musclefront said:

Not that easy. Most of the evidence is circumstantial. You really need hard facts to kick a guy out of club competitions.

I called him out twice in the round for claiming the wrong score. Of course he forgot he hit it OB. I called him for a very illegal drop. I am too nice as I called it before he hit and made him redrop rather than letting him hit and penalizing him. This is the stuff i caught him doing in addition to making him replay the bunker shot. All the other stuff I only suspect but never caught it.

Is that enough on its own to boot him? Probably not. I chaired the tournament committee for years and you have to look at the most generous interpretation of what happened before booting a member as booting a member is a big deal. And I would not a boot member for

1. Being absent minded,

2. Not knowing how to make a drop (most don’t )

3. Playing ready golf.

Thing is, time always catches up with these guys and to be honest I would rather be kicked out of club then have everyone think I am a cheat.

Amazed you walked, I get a cart and ride hard on the cart ahead cheaters, they fold from being watched

Ping G400 Max 10.5* PX 6A4 7.0x

Ping G400 5w 16.9* GD AD DJ 6x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* Fuji TS 8.2s

Cally Apex '16 4h 23* Matrix 92x

Cally Apex ‘19 5h 26* Matrix 92x
Srixon ZX7 6-9 PX Catalyst 6.5
Ping Glide OG 46*, 50*, 54* & 59*ES SF 125s

Piretti Matera Elite torched

> @larrybud said:

> To the OP, what did he say after making him rehit?

> And did you beat him?

I am really too nice of a guy. He pulled the hitting out turn thing on a few other holes. As the result was not great and I could see he actually hit, I only warned him of the rule. So when I did call him out he was forwarned and frankly took it well, like he really did not expect to get away with it.

I did win (barely). I got smoked on the front as he was net 28 but I slowly came back to win. Once he started losing his game folded under the pressure.

Cheaters and booze are a terrible combo too.... loosens them right up.

Yeah that's why I yell to everyone if I have to move my ball for any reason while drunk cheaters quietly nudge their ball for a better lie.... its funny when they deny it after you saw em lol

I try and like my own posts but can't figure out how...

> @musclefront said:

Call these people out enough and they'll self deport or see the light and change their evil ways.

2016 M1 9.5 tuned to 7.5
TM r15 3 wood
Adams Idea Pro 2h/4h
Mizuno JPX 900 HM 5-PW
Vokey SM7 48* F Grind
Vokey SM7 54* F Grind
Vokey SM7 58* M Grind

> @Edward_Majorwin said:

> We have one of the best 'race ahead' cheaters in our weekly league. Guy has been playing the same ball the entire season, never loses one ever! Drives up to the green and when you arrive he's already out with a birdie. Pathetic yet hilarious at the same time.

HOLY Smokes batman, I have never been exposed to this or cognitive of this YET now that I think about it I know a couple guys that are always racing off the blocks and just thought of them to be fast players not nefarious, yet they have some pretty amazing shots.....come to think of it...DANG.....now I got to really think about this.... =(

Cobra SZ - Rogue 60s
TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

> @Exactice808 said:

> > @Edward_Majorwin said:

> > We have one of the best 'race ahead' cheaters in our weekly league. Guy has been playing the same ball the entire season, never loses one ever! Drives up to the green and when you arrive he's already out with a birdie. Pathetic yet hilarious at the same time.

>

> HOLY Smokes batman, I have never been exposed to this or cognitive of this YET now that I think about it I know a couple guys that are always racing off the blocks and just thought of them to be fast players not nefarious, yet they have some pretty amazing shots.....come to think of it...DANG.....now I got to really think about this.... =(

?