The New Ventus Black

mjbaker80

After several rounds of testing I can say for sure that the Ventus Black 6x is firmly in the bag. I love the linear feel of the shaft and paired with my G410 LST it is, good for good, the best performing combo I’ve had in the bag. Good to great shots are a controlled straight ball that just falls to the right which is the ball flight I’m looking for. I’m always wary to talk about distance on the forum but I’ll add that this combo is long.

Im also ready to move on from the Black in my 3HL. I have a Blue arriving tomorrow that I am really looking forward to testing. I’ve always had “low/low” shafts in my fairway woods but this shaft just hasn’t given me the launch I’m accustomed to in my fairway wood. I previously had a Kuro Kage Dual Core 80 TX that was just about perfect launch and spin wise. Unfortunately it was damaged and is proving impossible to replace. I’m excited to see how the Blue performs. If anyone is looking to try the Black in a 3 wood let me know.

How on earth is the Ventus Black 6X a perfect fit for so many golfers? :D

Dustin Johnsson games it, it's TXG:s Matt's go to shaft on club testing... Both are driving monsters that carry it 320-330 when they feel like it.

And now it seems like a lot of ~110ish WRXers find it a perfect fit also? That's what I call versatility in a driver shaft. Great job Fujikura!

G430 Max 10K Hzrdus RDX Red 60 / Ping G430 Max 5fw KBS TD 70 / Titleist TSi2 4Hy  Tensei CK Pro Orange 80HY 

Ping iBlade 4-PW Modus3 120 / Cleveland RTX2.0 50° DG S200 / Ping Glide3.0 56° DG TI S400 / Ping Glide4.0 60° DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Phantom 7.5 Stability Tour / Titleist ProV1x

Trust me when I say I wanted to use one of the 5 shafts I previously had - but not only was I wrong about how they fit into my game, I was WAY wrong.

The numbers were just too good.

Taylormade Stealth+ 10.5: Ventus Blue 6X
Titleist TSR2 4-16.5: Ventus Blue 7X
Taylormade Stealth+ 5-20: MRC Tensei CK Pro Blue 80TX
Titleist T200 4: DG AMT X100
Titleist T100 5-PW: DG AMT X100
Titleist SM8 50, 54, 60: DG Tour Issue S400
Odyssey Ai Jailbird Mini DB 34" 

Grips Lamkin Full Cord; logo down 

It's the best thing going right now, it really does help you hit center of the face & it's resistance to twisting is just amazing.

Taylormade QI10LS 10.5 (@9.5) Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue 6S (Testing Velocore + 6S)
Taylormade Stealth 2+ 15 (@14.50) Fujikura Motore Speeder 8.1S Tipped .5"
Callaway Apex "21" 19/3H Aldila Rogue Black TS95 Tipped .5"
Taylormade SLDR 4i DGSLS300S
Taylormade P750 7-PW P770 5i-6i DG AMT White S300
Taylormade MG2 52 DGTIS400, MG4TW 56/12 DGTIS400, & Tour Issued MG3 Hi Toe 60/09 DGTIS200 115
Scotty Cameron TeI3 Long Neck Newport 2 34" (34")
Bridgestone Tour B XS (Testing New TP5x)

I could be wrong but I'm fairly certain Matt's go to shaft is an Accra TZ5 shaft, it's what he plays in his Ping driver. Their latest 2020 driver comparison vid he hit a Tour AD in most of the new drivers but I believe he left the Accra on his Ping as he considers that the combo to beat for him.

Driver: TSR3 10.0* | Accra Tour Z RPG 472 45"

5 Wood: SIM Max 18.5* | Mitsubishi MMT 85TX

2i: Mizuno Fli-Hi 18* | KBS Prototype 95X

3i: Ping i59 @ 21* | Mitsubishi MMT 125TX
4-PW: Callaway TCB Raw | Project X 7.0
Wedges: 50&54&60: Cleveland CBX Zipcore | Project X 6.5
Putter: Cobra Vintage Sport-60

My swing speed is right in the 108 to 111 mph zone. From what I know, that puts me on the border between a Stiff and X-Stiff flex. Any advice on if either one will work better for me? I'm planning on a driver fitting at Club Champion in 2 weeks and want to see what the real Ventus has over the stock TM Ventus in the SIM drivers.

Thanks!

I just went back and looked at some videos and you are correct. All this time I mistook it for the Accra but you're right, it's the Ventus Black. Makes me even more interested in trying it!

Driver: TSR3 10.0* | Accra Tour Z RPG 472 45"

5 Wood: SIM Max 18.5* | Mitsubishi MMT 85TX

2i: Mizuno Fli-Hi 18* | KBS Prototype 95X

3i: Ping i59 @ 21* | Mitsubishi MMT 125TX
4-PW: Callaway TCB Raw | Project X 7.0
Wedges: 50&54&60: Cleveland CBX Zipcore | Project X 6.5
Putter: Cobra Vintage Sport-60

I dropped 10 grams of shaft weight moving to the Ventus Black in both driver and 3 wood. For the driver it’s been a godsend, for the three wood I’ve lost feel for the club head and have had inconsistent contact. On good strikes, it launches and spins great. It’s more of a contact issue for me.

He was also playing Tensei Pro White in his PING for a short bit which looks very similar to the Accra and Ventus graphically.

Ai Smoke ♦️♦️♦️ 9* Ventus TR Blue 6x

BRNR Mini 13.5 Kaili White 60x

TSR3 18* Ventus TR Red 7x
TSR3 24* IZ 95x
Ping Blueprint S 5-PW $-Taper 120

PING S159 50, 55, 60h 
Phantom X 7

I'm about the same as you (110-112 mph) and have been playing around with a real deal Ventus Black 6X untipped at 44.5" in my G410 driver and it's been quite good. Nice boring flight and smooth to fire as hard as you can. I have an aggressive transition so it's been really quite good for me. It takes a bit to get used to but give it a look if you have the funds.

Titleist TSR3 10* - Tensei 1K White 60TX

Callaway Paradym TD 15* - Mitsubishi Kaili White 70X

TRS2 21* - Hzrdus Black Gen 4 80X

Titleist T100 - Project X 6.5

Titleist Vokey SM 9 48*/53*/58* - Dynamic Gold S400 Onyx

Taylormade Spider X

2023 ProV1X

I would say the 4 candidates are Red R and S and Blue R and S

unless you hit down on it huge, the black won't suit that swing speed in my mind - sure doesn't suit mine

I settled on the Red 60-r - never played a regular shaft in my life as an adult basically - swing exact same speed as you

tried them all - the Real deal shafts with velocore - crazy tight - all of them

hope that helps

If I hated the Atmos blue should I avoid the Ventus blue? Can get either the blue or black for a good deal so trying to decide which one will suit me better. Huge whiteboard and low/low profile fan, but the tensei pro blue has been pretty good for me too. Only experience with Atmos black was with a 6x that had been tipped too much so it launched and spun a little low but was super accurate. If untipped black gives me a little of that launch/spin back that sounds like the way to go.

I'm coming from a Fujikura Evo Speeder Tour Spec (like evo I I think that is blue). I have a ton of credits for trade in with TM so looking to try out the Ventus Black in the SIM when I order this. Wonder how these shafts compare? Think mine is mid launch so wondering if maybe I should go with the Ventus Blue instead? I'm generally a higher launch and spin player so loft my driver down to like 8 deg with my speeder. Also trying to decide on whether or not to go 6x or 7x. The 6 is only 65 g but the 7 is 78 g. My speeder is fairly heavy but I still swing it 118 mph on average with a smooth/normal swing. Anyone find the 6x is too light? Wish the 7x was in the low 70g range since that would be ideal and the 6x seems like it might be too light. Think the Blue might go well in my 3 wood since I'm not trying to hit bombs with my 3 wood which I feel like the black might do.

Titleist TSR3 8 deg - Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6X

Titleist TSi3 15 deg - Fujikura Ventus Black 8X

Titleist TSR3 19 deg - Fujikura Ventus Black HB 9TX

Titleist T200 4 - TT DG TI X100

Titleist T100 (2019) 5-PW - TT DG TI X100

Vokey SM10 Jet Black 50.12 F - TT DG TI X100

Vokey SM10 Jet Black 54.14 F - TT DG TI S400

Vokey SM10 Jet Black 58.08 M - TT DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

Titleist ProV1

I am in the similar range. But I typically have a high ball flight. Based upon my experience with the Atmos black TS 6s ,I was playing before, I purchased in the Ventus black 6s. I have only been able to play two rounds, but found it to be very similar distance-wise, but have a much tighter dispersion and a more boring ball flight. I also was able to take a few swings with it on a Trackman and the spin rate low was 1920 and high was 2200 - which I have never had before. I can't wait to get it out on the course in Florida at the end of next month.

Callaway Epic Max LS 9.0 Fujikura Ventus Black TS 6S
Cobra LtdX 3 wood Fujikura Motore F1 60S
Callaway UW 21 *
Mizuno JPX 919 HMP Nippon N.S.Pro Modus3 Tour 120S - 4-A
Mizuno  54* Nippon N.S.Pro Modus3 Tour 120S

Titleist SM6 58*
LAB DF 2.1  33"

I am no expert but looking at the EI profiles of the Ventus Blue and Black vs Mitsubishi D+ and Tensei Pro White on the company websites, it looks like the Ventus black is pretty close to the Whiteboard profile but with a stiffer butt. I actually don't know what the Ventus Blue compares to, maybe the Tour AD DI or a Blueboard profile but with a softer butt section? Ventus Blue seems to be kind of unique. I am also a whiteboard profile guy, been fit into Tensei Pro White a couple times, played Accra TZ5 and now the Tour AD XC. I was fit for Atmos Black TS once and actually owned it last year as it came stock with the Mizuno ST190 driver and it felt really good to be honest. I swapped it for the Ventus Blue 6s and it did everything it was supposed to do (mid launch, more consistent center strikes) but I didn't feel it as well as the Atmos Black. The performance of the Ventus Blue was there for me, but for timing and feel I liked the Atmos Black TS better and it wasn't that much difference in performance for my swing. I will probably end up trying the Ventus Black in 6S. If I don't like it I know I can sell it pretty easily.

Ai Smoke ♦️♦️♦️ 9* Ventus TR Blue 6x

BRNR Mini 13.5 Kaili White 60x

TSR3 18* Ventus TR Red 7x
TSR3 24* IZ 95x
Ping Blueprint S 5-PW $-Taper 120

PING S159 50, 55, 60h 
Phantom X 7

Yeah my ball flight is usually high with a launch angle of 15-19 degrees and my spin rates can get up to 3000-ish. I think a black is more in line to bring down those numbers as opposed to Red or Blue.

Im guessing you went black 6s as well in the Ventus (if I'm reading right)?

Cobra King F9 Speedback 10.5* Fujikura Pro 2.0 6s

Cobra King F9 Speedback 14.5* Fujikura Pro 2.0 7s

Cobra King F9 Speedback 17* Fujikura Pro 2.0 7s

Mizuno JPX 921 HMP 4-6 KBS $-Taper Lite PVD S

Mizuno JPX 921 Forged 7-G KBS $-Taper Lite PVD S

Titleist Vokey SM8 55.08 D

Titleist Vokey SM8 60.06 K 

Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 34'

Taylormade Tour Response Striped

Mizuno Pro Cart Bag - Staff

I finally had a chance to hit this shaft during a club champion fitting today, the hype is warranted. This and the pro orange were head and shoulders above everything else I tried, and I went in with an open mind (hit a bunch of shafts). I did not have a great driver swing today unfortunately, was hitting down 2-3 degrees and while starting most on a good line was leaving the face open a bit. With the gamer in my sig, was swinging around 108 but was spinning around 3,000, didn’t get anything longer than maybe low 280s with roll. Was hitting Ventus black and pro orange in 6s, both were longer and dropped spin a bit. Pro orange was a little better numbers wise, but need to see both outdoors this spring. I should have probably tried 6x just to see, as I expected swing speed would be closer to 110 or so. In the 3 wood, Ventus blue won by an easy margin, going to get that in a Sim ti rocket 3 wood immediately. Great job with this line, Fujikura!

[b]Driver[/b]: [color=#0000ff]TM SIM 9*, Fuji Ventus Black 6X[/color]
[b]Fairway Wood: [color=#0000ff]TM SIM 14*, Fuji Ventus Blue 7X[/color]
[b]Hybrid[/b]: [color=#0000ff]TM SIM Max 19*, Tensei Pro White 90S[/color]
[b]4-9 iron[/b]: [color=#0000ff]Miura CB57, KBS C-Taper Lite X[/color] 
[b]PW, GW[/b]: [color=#0000ff]Titleist SM8, KBS C-Taper Lite X[/color]
[b]Sand, Lob[/b]: [color=#0000ff]Titleist SM8, Dynamic Gold 120 S400 Tour Issue[/color]
[b]Putter[/b]: [color=#0000ff]Toulon Las Vegas, Stroke Lab[/color] 
[b]Ball[/b]: [color=#0000ff]Titleist ProV1, Titleist AVX

Ok guys hoping somebody here can offer me some insight... went to order my MAVRIK with VENTUS BLACK on Callaways website and it was an upcharge of $350... at Carl's Golfland upcharge of only $250? Somebody with some industry knowledge know why there is such a difference in prices? I would have thought that Callaway would have been less, and at the least the same. Isn't Carl's ordering the club through Callaway?

Yeah I noticed that when looking at the Mavrik custom builds and my total was $956 for a subzero with Ventus black. Yeah never paying that much for a driver. TM upcharge only $250 so likely going with that but it still runs just over $800 total. Glad I have a ton of trade in with 150% bonus so I can get the SIM driver and 3 wood both with Ventus for about $100.

Titleist TSR3 8 deg - Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6X

Titleist TSi3 15 deg - Fujikura Ventus Black 8X

Titleist TSR3 19 deg - Fujikura Ventus Black HB 9TX

Titleist T200 4 - TT DG TI X100

Titleist T100 (2019) 5-PW - TT DG TI X100

Vokey SM10 Jet Black 50.12 F - TT DG TI X100

Vokey SM10 Jet Black 54.14 F - TT DG TI S400

Vokey SM10 Jet Black 58.08 M - TT DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

Titleist ProV1

Where do you feel most of the weight in the Ventus line? The Ping heads are already heavier than most so shafts with a really low balance point start to feel too sluggish for me.

Titleist TSi3 9* - Tensei Blue 60 TX
Titleist TS2 15* - D+ LTD 70X
Titleist TSi2 21* - Tensei White 80X

Srixon Z785 4i, Miura MC-501 5-PW - X100
SM7 50F, 54S, SM8 58M
Spider Tour

To follow up on halfsumo's comment above, I too really like the Atmos Black TS in 6S, But, I have been playing the Ventus Blue in 6S and I have lost a lot of distance. Would it make sense to try the Ventus Black in 6S since the Atmos Black works well for me? I am hoping to get the distance I am seeing with the Atmos Black with the consistency everyone is talking about with Ventus. SS is from 98 to 102. Thanks.

Definitely different, I’ve never really gotten along with counterbalanced shafts, and quickly swapped out a HZRDUS yellow I tried in the M3. Ventus Black was smooth and was pretty easy to feel it kick, fairly similar to a pro white but maybe a bit firmer in the butt. Pro orange was smoother than I thought it would be but not quite as smooth as Ventus, although in a final build I would probably add a little more weight to the head (TM Sim). Felt the club head and kick a little better in the Ventus, launch was similar between the two and pro orange was spinning maybe 200-300 rpms or so less. Dispersion was a little better for me in pro orange, but didn’t hit enough shots to pick one over the other quite yet. Hope this helps.

[b]Driver[/b]: [color=#0000ff]TM SIM 9*, Fuji Ventus Black 6X[/color]
[b]Fairway Wood: [color=#0000ff]TM SIM 14*, Fuji Ventus Blue 7X[/color]
[b]Hybrid[/b]: [color=#0000ff]TM SIM Max 19*, Tensei Pro White 90S[/color]
[b]4-9 iron[/b]: [color=#0000ff]Miura CB57, KBS C-Taper Lite X[/color] 
[b]PW, GW[/b]: [color=#0000ff]Titleist SM8, KBS C-Taper Lite X[/color]
[b]Sand, Lob[/b]: [color=#0000ff]Titleist SM8, Dynamic Gold 120 S400 Tour Issue[/color]
[b]Putter[/b]: [color=#0000ff]Toulon Las Vegas, Stroke Lab[/color] 
[b]Ball[/b]: [color=#0000ff]Titleist ProV1, Titleist AVX