2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Hurricane Dorian

kizdoc

We have a trip planned to the Pinehurst area from Wed Sept 4- Sun Sept 8 and Dorian is causing a lot of anxiety among the group. Currently the Weather channel has the forecast as 90% rain on Thursday and 40% on Friday. I was curious if the locals have heard of any different forecasts for the area?

Titleist TSR3 10° Diamana ZF 60S
Titleist TSR2 16.5° Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S

Titleist  818H1 21° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-95X

Srixon ZX4/ZX5/ZX7 MKII 4-PW Nippon N.S. Pro Modus3 Tour 120S

Cleveland RTX4 50° (mid), 54° (mid) TI DG S400

Cleveland RTX6 58° (low) TI DG S400
Byron Morgan DH89 34/350

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No comment on the weather, but note that they offer no rainchecks on #2. When I was there earlier this year, a biblical storm came in right as we finished and washed everyone off the course for about 5 hours. A lot of people wanted to come back the next day or get some money back and they said no to every single one, which is a tough pill to swallow after shelling out $400. So if you're about to play #2, be wary if the weather is iffy.

Our group decided not to take the risk, so we cancelled the PH-Pine Needles trip and were able to book 36-18-36 at Bandon. I can't believe we were able to pull it off for a group of 7 in only 3 days notice. PH would not give us a rain check on the $300 deposit, but we were OK with that. Maybe we'll be back next year, not during hurricane season.

Titleist TSR3 10° Diamana ZF 60S
Titleist TSR2 16.5° Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S

Titleist  818H1 21° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-95X

Srixon ZX4/ZX5/ZX7 MKII 4-PW Nippon N.S. Pro Modus3 Tour 120S

Cleveland RTX4 50° (mid), 54° (mid) TI DG S400

Cleveland RTX6 58° (low) TI DG S400
Byron Morgan DH89 34/350

> @"Mitch Jordan" said:

> Reversed I26 at noon today.

Do not know if they did the lane reversal on 501 yet in our area. I know why the governor called for evac early--- It being a holiday weekend. Wanted the tourists out and none coming in to this area. IMHO good smart call. As far as us we are doing as always sticking it out and hunkering down.

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

5W  --- TM V Steel Fubuki 60r

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 5 thru PW TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R F

SW Callaway PM Grind 56* Modified Grind KBS Tour Wedge

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter Macgregor Bobby Grace Mark 4 V-Foil Broomstick

> @CMCSGolf said:

> No comment on the weather, but note that they offer no rainchecks on #2. When I was there earlier this year, a biblical storm came in right as we finished and washed everyone off the course for about 5 hours. A lot of people wanted to come back the next day or get some money back and they said no to every single one, which is a tough pill to swallow after shelling out $400. So if you're about to play #2, be wary if the weather is iffy.

Frankly I think that sucks but with their prestige I guess they can afford to be arrogant

> @"BIG STU" said:

> > @"Mitch Jordan" said:

> > Reversed I26 at noon today.

>

> Do not know if they did the lane reversal on 501 yet in our area. I know why the governor called for evac early--- It being a holiday weekend. Wanted the tourists out and none coming in to this area. IMHO good smart call. As far as us we are doing as always sticking it out and hunkering down.

We're staying too. Be safe!

> @islesmb said:

> > @"BIG STU" said:

> > > @"Mitch Jordan" said:

> > > Reversed I26 at noon today.

> >

> > Do not know if they did the lane reversal on 501 yet in our area. I know why the governor called for evac early--- It being a holiday weekend. Wanted the tourists out and none coming in to this area. IMHO good smart call. As far as us we are doing as always sticking it out and hunkering down.

>

> We're staying too. Be safe!

Thanks what part of the beach are you at? We are right on the Garden City/ Murrells Inlet line right around the corner from Indian Wells. We have been here over 20 years and ain't bugged out yet for any storm

> @"BIG STU" said:

> > @islesmb said:

> > > @"BIG STU" said:

> > > > @"Mitch Jordan" said:

> > > > Reversed I26 at noon today.

> > >

> > > Do not know if they did the lane reversal on 501 yet in our area. I know why the governor called for evac early--- It being a holiday weekend. Wanted the tourists out and none coming in to this area. IMHO good smart call. As far as us we are doing as always sticking it out and hunkering down.

> >

> > We're staying too. Be safe!

>

> Thanks what part of the beach are you at? We are right on the Garden City/ Murrells Inlet line right around the corner from Indian Wells. We have been here over 20 years and ain't bugged out yet for any storm

I live in Tuscany where Belle Terre used to be. I've been here since 2000 and only evacuated once last year. (I wanted to stay but was outvoted by my wife...lol)

If anyone from Charleston wants to keep me updated as the storm progresses I would be appreciative. Going to IOP next week for my BP and playing Wild Dunes twice. Also our house is on the beach so im keeping as close of an eye on updates as possible from the CLT area..

[color=#0066ff][b]Ping G400 Max 10.5*[/b][/color] [size=1]Aldila Rogue Silver 130ts[/size]
[color=#0066ff][b]Callaway Epic Flash 15*[/b][/color] [size=1]Aldila Rogue Black 130ts[/size][size=1][/size]
[color=#0066ff][b]Ping G410 21*[/b][/color] [size=1]Aldila Rogue Black Hybrid 95ts[/size]
[color=#0066ff][b]Mizuno MP20 4-P[/b][/color] [size=1]Project X LZ 6.0[/size]
[color=#0066ff][b]Mizuno T20 50*, 54*[/b][/color] [size=1]Project X LZ 6.0[/size]
[color=#0066ff][b]Callaway Jaws MD5 60*[/b][/color] [size=1]Project X 6.0[/size]
[color=#ff0000][b]Taylormade Spider[/b][/color]

> @islesmb said:

> > @"BIG STU" said:

> > > @islesmb said:

> > > > @"BIG STU" said:

> > > > > @"Mitch Jordan" said:

> > > > > Reversed I26 at noon today.

> > > >

> > > > Do not know if they did the lane reversal on 501 yet in our area. I know why the governor called for evac early--- It being a holiday weekend. Wanted the tourists out and none coming in to this area. IMHO good smart call. As far as us we are doing as always sticking it out and hunkering down.

> > >

> > > We're staying too. Be safe!

> >

> > Thanks what part of the beach are you at? We are right on the Garden City/ Murrells Inlet line right around the corner from Indian Wells. We have been here over 20 years and ain't bugged out yet for any storm

>

> I live in Tuscany where Belle Terre used to be. I've been here since 2000 and only evacuated once last year. (I wanted to stay but was outvoted by my wife...lol)

Yep know where you are at. You are not that far from me---- What courses do you play

> @willywads said:

> If anyone from Charleston wants to keep me updated as the storm progresses I would be appreciative. Going to IOP next week for my BP and playing Wild Dunes twice. Also our house is on the beach so im keeping as close of an eye on updates as possible from the CLT area..

I do not know but 2 WRXers that are from the Charleston area. One I have his phone number---- But if no one from there answers up I will do my best from Garden City

> @"BIG STU" said:

> > @willywads said:

> > If anyone from Charleston wants to keep me updated as the storm progresses I would be appreciative. Going to IOP next week for my BP and playing Wild Dunes twice. Also our house is on the beach so im keeping as close of an eye on updates as possible from the CLT area..

>

> I do not know but 2 WRXers that are from the Charleston area. One I have his phone number---- But if no one from there answers up I will do my best from Garden City

Thanks and stay safe over the next few days...

[color=#0066ff][b]Ping G400 Max 10.5*[/b][/color] [size=1]Aldila Rogue Silver 130ts[/size]
[color=#0066ff][b]Callaway Epic Flash 15*[/b][/color] [size=1]Aldila Rogue Black 130ts[/size][size=1][/size]
[color=#0066ff][b]Ping G410 21*[/b][/color] [size=1]Aldila Rogue Black Hybrid 95ts[/size]
[color=#0066ff][b]Mizuno T20 50*, 54*[/b][/color] [size=1]Project X LZ 6.0[/size]
[color=#0066ff][b]Callaway Jaws MD5 60*[/b][/color] [size=1]Project X 6.0[/size]

> @"BIG STU" said:

> > @islesmb said:

> > > @"BIG STU" said:

> > > > @islesmb said:

> > > > > @"BIG STU" said:

> > > > > > @"Mitch Jordan" said:

> > > > > > Reversed I26 at noon today.

> > > > >

> > > > > Do not know if they did the lane reversal on 501 yet in our area. I know why the governor called for evac early--- It being a holiday weekend. Wanted the tourists out and none coming in to this area. IMHO good smart call. As far as us we are doing as always sticking it out and hunkering down.

> > > >

> > > > We're staying too. Be safe!

> > >

> > > Thanks what part of the beach are you at? We are right on the Garden City/ Murrells Inlet line right around the corner from Indian Wells. We have been here over 20 years and ain't bugged out yet for any storm

> >

> > I live in Tuscany where Belle Terre used to be. I've been here since 2000 and only evacuated once last year. (I wanted to stay but was outvoted by my wife...lol)

>

> Yep know where you are at. You are not that far from me---- What courses do you play

PM sent

> @kizdoc said:

> We have a trip planned to the Pinehurst area from Wed Sept 4- Sun Sept 8 and Dorian is causing a lot of anxiety among the group. Currently the Weather channel has the forecast as 90% rain on Thursday and 40% on Friday. I was curious if the locals have heard of any different forecasts for the area?

Just saw the weather on the local Winston-Salem news. They were saying the Sandhills could have wind gusts 50-60 mph Thursday into Friday, and, possibly, 5" of rain. Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but that sure doesn't sound too promising.

> @caniac6 said:

> > @PapaJohick said:

> > While the hurricane may not truly impact pinehurst, you can probably feel 75% certain that area will see some type of wind/rain unless it completely veers off.

>

> Have they reversed I-26 already? Do you stick around, or get out of town?

I’ll be staying.

Forever Changing at this point.......

> @willywads said:

> If anyone from Charleston wants to keep me updated as the storm progresses I would be appreciative. Going to IOP next week for my BP and playing Wild Dunes twice. Also our house is on the beach so im keeping as close of an eye on updates as possible from the CLT area..

I will be heading over to the iop on Sunday to work a little at the resort. I’ll try and give you a heads up.

Do you know which house specifically you’ll be staying at? If so, PM me and I’ll see if it’s one our rental places and I’ll personally go check on it.

Forever Changing at this point.......

> @PapaJohick said:

> > @willywads said:

> > If anyone from Charleston wants to keep me updated as the storm progresses I would be appreciative. Going to IOP next week for my BP and playing Wild Dunes twice. Also our house is on the beach so im keeping as close of an eye on updates as possible from the CLT area..

>

>

> I will be heading over to the iop on Sunday to work a little at the resort. I’ll try and give you a heads up.

>

> Do you know which house specifically you’ll be staying at? If so, PM me and I’ll see if it’s one our rental places and I’ll personally go check on it.

I will DM you the address. Planning on playing harbor both days, so if you would let me know the general shape of the town I would greatly appreciate it.

> @PapaJohick said:

> > @willywads said:

>

>

> I will be heading over to the iop on Sunday to work a little at the resort. I’ll try and give you a heads up.

>

> Do you know which house specifically you’ll be staying at? If so, PM me and I’ll see if it’s one our rental places and I’ll personally go check on it.

And this is why this community rocks. :)

--kC

Ping 430Max 10k / Callaway UW 17 & 21 / Srixon ZX5 Irons (5-AW) / Vokey SM8 56* & 60*, Callaway, 64*

Looks like HHI escaped a lot of the damage this time around. Charleston is about 40 miles west of the eyewall currently (lots of rain and 50+ mph winds) with it making a turn away from the coast towards Hattaras.

Ping 430Max 10k / Callaway UW 17 & 21 / Srixon ZX5 Irons (5-AW) / Vokey SM8 56* & 60*, Callaway, 64*