Hurricane Dorian

We have a trip planned to the Pinehurst area from Wed Sept 4- Sun Sept 8 and Dorian is causing a lot of anxiety among the group. Currently the Weather channel has the forecast as 90% rain on Thursday and 40% on Friday. I was curious if the locals have heard of any different forecasts for the area?

Titleist 910D3 9.5* Graphite Design Tour AD VR 6S
Titleist TS2 16.5* Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S
Titleist TS2 21* Fujikura ATMOS TS Blue 8X
Miura MB5003 4-PW Nippon N.S. Pro Modus3 Tour 120S

Cleveland RTX4 50*, 54* DG TI S400
Titleist Vokey 260.06 Nippon N.S. Pro Modus3 Tour Wedge 125
TaylorMade Spider X Navy 34/355

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No comment on the weather, but note that they offer no rainchecks on #2. When I was there earlier this year, a biblical storm came in right as we finished and washed everyone off the course for about 5 hours. A lot of people wanted to come back the next day or get some money back and they said no to every single one, which is a tough pill to swallow after shelling out $400. So if you're about to play #2, be wary if the weather is iffy.

Our group decided not to take the risk, so we cancelled the PH-Pine Needles trip and were able to book 36-18-36 at Bandon. I can't believe we were able to pull it off for a group of 7 in only 3 days notice. PH would not give us a rain check on the $300 deposit, but we were OK with that. Maybe we'll be back next year, not during hurricane season.

Titleist 910D3 9.5* Graphite Design Tour AD VR 6S
Titleist TS2 16.5* Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S
Titleist TS2 21* Fujikura ATMOS TS Blue 8X
Miura MB5003 4-PW Nippon N.S. Pro Modus3 Tour 120S

Cleveland RTX4 50*, 54* DG TI S400
Titleist Vokey 260.06 Nippon N.S. Pro Modus3 Tour Wedge 125
TaylorMade Spider X Navy 34/355

> @"Mitch Jordan" said:

> Reversed I26 at noon today.

Do not know if they did the lane reversal on 501 yet in our area. I know why the governor called for evac early--- It being a holiday weekend. Wanted the tourists out and none coming in to this area. IMHO good smart call. As far as us we are doing as always sticking it out and hunkering down.

Driver--- Honma G1-X Stock R shaft FW Adams Tight Lies 16* Mitsu Diamana FW 7 woodTM V- Steel 21* Stock TM R Irons 3 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan #2 Apex Shafts SW- Clevaland 588 56* Sensicore S-400 LW Cleveland 588 60* Sensicore S-400 Putter 1997 Cameron Santa FE rusty as heck Bulls Eye Satin fluted shaft Bags- Old School Burton mini staff non logo or Jones Classic

> @CMCSGolf said:

> No comment on the weather, but note that they offer no rainchecks on #2. When I was there earlier this year, a biblical storm came in right as we finished and washed everyone off the course for about 5 hours. A lot of people wanted to come back the next day or get some money back and they said no to every single one, which is a tough pill to swallow after shelling out $400. So if you're about to play #2, be wary if the weather is iffy.

Frankly I think that sucks but with their prestige I guess they can afford to be arrogant

Driver--- Honma G1-X Stock R shaft FW Adams Tight Lies 16* Mitsu Diamana FW 7 woodTM V- Steel 21* Stock TM R Irons 3 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan #2 Apex Shafts SW- Clevaland 588 56* Sensicore S-400 LW Cleveland 588 60* Sensicore S-400 Putter 1997 Cameron Santa FE rusty as heck Bulls Eye Satin fluted shaft Bags- Old School Burton mini staff non logo or Jones Classic

> @"BIG STU" said:

> > @"Mitch Jordan" said:

> > Reversed I26 at noon today.

>

> Do not know if they did the lane reversal on 501 yet in our area. I know why the governor called for evac early--- It being a holiday weekend. Wanted the tourists out and none coming in to this area. IMHO good smart call. As far as us we are doing as always sticking it out and hunkering down.

We're staying too. Be safe!

> @islesmb said:

> > @"BIG STU" said:

> > > @"Mitch Jordan" said:

> > > Reversed I26 at noon today.

> >

> > Do not know if they did the lane reversal on 501 yet in our area. I know why the governor called for evac early--- It being a holiday weekend. Wanted the tourists out and none coming in to this area. IMHO good smart call. As far as us we are doing as always sticking it out and hunkering down.

>

> We're staying too. Be safe!

Thanks what part of the beach are you at? We are right on the Garden City/ Murrells Inlet line right around the corner from Indian Wells. We have been here over 20 years and ain't bugged out yet for any storm

> @"BIG STU" said:

> > @islesmb said:

> > > @"BIG STU" said:

> > > > @"Mitch Jordan" said:

> > > > Reversed I26 at noon today.

> > >

> > > Do not know if they did the lane reversal on 501 yet in our area. I know why the governor called for evac early--- It being a holiday weekend. Wanted the tourists out and none coming in to this area. IMHO good smart call. As far as us we are doing as always sticking it out and hunkering down.

> >

> > We're staying too. Be safe!

>

> Thanks what part of the beach are you at? We are right on the Garden City/ Murrells Inlet line right around the corner from Indian Wells. We have been here over 20 years and ain't bugged out yet for any storm

I live in Tuscany where Belle Terre used to be. I've been here since 2000 and only evacuated once last year. (I wanted to stay but was outvoted by my wife...lol)

If anyone from Charleston wants to keep me updated as the storm progresses I would be appreciative. Going to IOP next week for my BP and playing Wild Dunes twice. Also our house is on the beach so im keeping as close of an eye on updates as possible from the CLT area..

[color=#0066ff][b]Ping G400 Max 10.5*[/b][/color] [size=1]Aldila Rogue 70x[/size]
[color=#0066ff][b]Callaway Epic Flash 15*[/b][/color] [size=1]Aldila Rogue Black 130s[/size][size=1][/size]
[color=#0066ff][b]Ping G410 21*[/b][/color] [size=1]Tensei Pro Blue 85s[/size]
[color=#0066ff][b]Ping I200 4-P[/b][/color] [size=1]Project X 6.0[/size]
[color=#0066ff][b]Ping Glide 2.0 50*, 54*, 60*[/b][/color] [size=1]Project X 6.0[/size]
[color=#ff0000][b]Taylormade Spider[/b][/color]

> @islesmb said:

> > @"BIG STU" said:

> > > @islesmb said:

> > > > @"BIG STU" said:

> > > > > @"Mitch Jordan" said:

> > > > > Reversed I26 at noon today.

> > > >

> > > > Do not know if they did the lane reversal on 501 yet in our area. I know why the governor called for evac early--- It being a holiday weekend. Wanted the tourists out and none coming in to this area. IMHO good smart call. As far as us we are doing as always sticking it out and hunkering down.

> > >

> > > We're staying too. Be safe!

> >

> > Thanks what part of the beach are you at? We are right on the Garden City/ Murrells Inlet line right around the corner from Indian Wells. We have been here over 20 years and ain't bugged out yet for any storm

>

> I live in Tuscany where Belle Terre used to be. I've been here since 2000 and only evacuated once last year. (I wanted to stay but was outvoted by my wife...lol)

Yep know where you are at. You are not that far from me---- What courses do you play

> @willywads said:

> If anyone from Charleston wants to keep me updated as the storm progresses I would be appreciative. Going to IOP next week for my BP and playing Wild Dunes twice. Also our house is on the beach so im keeping as close of an eye on updates as possible from the CLT area..

I do not know but 2 WRXers that are from the Charleston area. One I have his phone number---- But if no one from there answers up I will do my best from Garden City

> @"BIG STU" said:

> > @willywads said:

> > If anyone from Charleston wants to keep me updated as the storm progresses I would be appreciative. Going to IOP next week for my BP and playing Wild Dunes twice. Also our house is on the beach so im keeping as close of an eye on updates as possible from the CLT area..

>

> I do not know but 2 WRXers that are from the Charleston area. One I have his phone number---- But if no one from there answers up I will do my best from Garden City

Thanks and stay safe over the next few days...

[color=#0066ff][b]Ping G400 Max 10.5*[/b][/color] [size=1]Aldila Rogue 70x[/size]
[color=#0066ff][b]Callaway Epic Flash 15*[/b][/color] [size=1]Aldila Rogue Black 130s[/size][size=1][/size]
[color=#0066ff][b]Ping Glide 2.0 50*, 54*, 60*[/b][/color] [size=1]Project X 6.0[/size]

> @"BIG STU" said:

> > @islesmb said:

> > > @"BIG STU" said:

> > > > @islesmb said:

> > > > > @"BIG STU" said:

> > > > > > @"Mitch Jordan" said:

> > > > > > Reversed I26 at noon today.

> > > > >

> > > > > Do not know if they did the lane reversal on 501 yet in our area. I know why the governor called for evac early--- It being a holiday weekend. Wanted the tourists out and none coming in to this area. IMHO good smart call. As far as us we are doing as always sticking it out and hunkering down.

> > > >

> > > > We're staying too. Be safe!

> > >

> > > Thanks what part of the beach are you at? We are right on the Garden City/ Murrells Inlet line right around the corner from Indian Wells. We have been here over 20 years and ain't bugged out yet for any storm

> >

> > I live in Tuscany where Belle Terre used to be. I've been here since 2000 and only evacuated once last year. (I wanted to stay but was outvoted by my wife...lol)

>

> Yep know where you are at. You are not that far from me---- What courses do you play

PM sent

> @kizdoc said:

> We have a trip planned to the Pinehurst area from Wed Sept 4- Sun Sept 8 and Dorian is causing a lot of anxiety among the group. Currently the Weather channel has the forecast as 90% rain on Thursday and 40% on Friday. I was curious if the locals have heard of any different forecasts for the area?

Just saw the weather on the local Winston-Salem news. They were saying the Sandhills could have wind gusts 50-60 mph Thursday into Friday, and, possibly, 5" of rain. Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but that sure doesn't sound too promising.

> @caniac6 said:

> > @PapaJohick said:

> > While the hurricane may not truly impact pinehurst, you can probably feel 75% certain that area will see some type of wind/rain unless it completely veers off.

>

> Have they reversed I-26 already? Do you stick around, or get out of town?

I’ll be staying.

Forever Changing at this point.......

> @willywads said:

> If anyone from Charleston wants to keep me updated as the storm progresses I would be appreciative. Going to IOP next week for my BP and playing Wild Dunes twice. Also our house is on the beach so im keeping as close of an eye on updates as possible from the CLT area..

I will be heading over to the iop on Sunday to work a little at the resort. I’ll try and give you a heads up.

Do you know which house specifically you’ll be staying at? If so, PM me and I’ll see if it’s one our rental places and I’ll personally go check on it.

Forever Changing at this point.......

> @PapaJohick said:

> > @willywads said:

> > If anyone from Charleston wants to keep me updated as the storm progresses I would be appreciative. Going to IOP next week for my BP and playing Wild Dunes twice. Also our house is on the beach so im keeping as close of an eye on updates as possible from the CLT area..

>

>

> I will be heading over to the iop on Sunday to work a little at the resort. I’ll try and give you a heads up.

>

> Do you know which house specifically you’ll be staying at? If so, PM me and I’ll see if it’s one our rental places and I’ll personally go check on it.

I will DM you the address. Planning on playing harbor both days, so if you would let me know the general shape of the town I would greatly appreciate it.

> @PapaJohick said:

> > @willywads said:

>

>

> I will be heading over to the iop on Sunday to work a little at the resort. I’ll try and give you a heads up.

>

> Do you know which house specifically you’ll be staying at? If so, PM me and I’ll see if it’s one our rental places and I’ll personally go check on it.

And this is why this community rocks. :)

--kC

Callaway Fusion 9* / Callaway Rogue 3W / Mizuno JPX-EZ Forged Irons / Vokey SM8 50*, 56*, Callaway, 64*