Based upon the TGW videos, it appears that the matte/white combo will be driver only. I hope I’m wrong..

TaylorMade M4 8.5, Aldila Rogue White 130 M.S.I. 60S
TaylorMade M3 15, HZRDUS Black 75S
Callaway XR Pro 20, Project X LZ S
Srixon Z765 4-PW, KBS TGI 95 hs x1
Ping Glide 3.0 50 & 56 SS, KBS TGI 95 hs x1
Ping Glide 3.0 60 TS, KBS TGI 95
Ping Ketsch Armlock, BGT Stability

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

AD XC + Speedzone in Black/White = $$$$    

> @QuigleyDU said: > The F9 was good. I think there are a few simple aesthetic tweeks needed, and the need to get the spin down. That has been the biggest killer for me the past few years with

The yellow only comes in gloss. This is the matte fairway wood.  

Matte/Avalanche FTW. I prefer the combo matte/gloss crown of the F9 series because the matte portion functions as an alignment aid for me, but SZ looks great. My only critique of their fairways is that they sit a little upright and swing weight a little light, even with the heavier weight. Cobra is turning out some great clubs. Their only weak spot is a lack of players hybrid to compete with Callaway Apex and TS3.

Cobra F9 9* - Ventus Black 7X / Cobra SZ Big Tour 13.5* - Tour AD TP 8X / Callaway Apex Hybrid 20* - Tour AD IZ 95X

Mizuno MP20 MMC 4,5 / MP20 6-P - Project X 6.5 / Vokey SM8 50.08F, 56.12D, 60.08M - Project X 6.0

TM TP Juno or Spider Tour Black / Bridgestone BX

Still waiting for TXG review but I think out of the 3 reviews I've watched, the sz isn't really any better in any areas IMO than F9. Numbers aren't better really, looks is debatable but I think F9 looks better, and they seem to sound relatively similar. Not much to really improve on I guess... I think somebody would need to have 10 or more people test both drivers to collect thousands of data points to see if sz is measurably better. I think if anything the Extreme version will be the money maker for Cobra as it seems to be a direct competitor to ping MAX.

This kind of seems like the release from TM in 2017. M was so good and so popular, the 2017 version was pretty ho-hum and was arguably worse than the original. I really don't see any good reason to buy this driver brand new... yet.

SIM Max 9* | Ventus Black 6x

Cobra Big 3 Tour| HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 75 6.5

Cobra Speedzone | Accra FX 2.0 380M5

Titleist 818H1 | Ventus blue 10x (Cobra Forged Tec Black 5i testing)

Cobra Forged Tec Black 6i | AMT X100 Onyx

Cobra Forged CB 6-GW incoming????

Cobra King Black 54/10, 60/08 | S400 Tour Issue Onyx

Custom Atwood

ProV1x

The best thing about SZ is that it is not worse than F9 and F9 was the best driver last year. Tech will definitely improve mishits. And it looks better IMO.

But this driver is for everyone who was on the fence and didn't update to F9. Or who has a driver from 2018 or before.

Most brands will admit year on year you rarely see advances like you did from F8 to F9, especially 2 years in a row.

• Like 2

If the best thing about a driver is that it's not worse than last year's then uhhhh that's really not anything to write home about, even if the previous model was awesome (which it is).

SIM Max 9* | Ventus Black 6x

Cobra Big 3 Tour| HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 75 6.5

Cobra Speedzone | Accra FX 2.0 380M5

Titleist 818H1 | Ventus blue 10x (Cobra Forged Tec Black 5i testing)

Cobra Forged Tec Black 6i | AMT X100 Onyx

Cobra Forged CB 6-GW incoming????

Cobra King Black 54/10, 60/08 | S400 Tour Issue Onyx

Custom Atwood

ProV1x

This is a fairly new YouTube, some people like this guy some people don’t, I like that he usually is one of the first to test, does a fairly decent job not only on a flight scope machine but out on the course. I had the F9 and I really liked it, I was at the time just looking for something a little bit longer and just as forgiving. I found others that were longer, the F9 was more forgiving so since I don’t have it any longer I think I’m going to get the new extreme, in the tour length shaft, after talking to Cobra I think I’m gonna go with that 44 1/2 inch let them make it so the weight it is right.

The way that milled face wraps more around the driver I really like that look too.https://youtu.be/EH44p6kqi9k

Does anybody know when Cobra is going to update their website?

TaylorMade M4 8.5, Aldila Rogue White 130 M.S.I. 60S
TaylorMade M3 15, HZRDUS Black 75S
Callaway XR Pro 20, Project X LZ S
Srixon Z765 4-PW, KBS TGI 95 hs x1
Ping Glide 3.0 50 & 56 SS, KBS TGI 95 hs x1
Ping Glide 3.0 60 TS, KBS TGI 95
Ping Ketsch Armlock, BGT Stability

I think the ladies head is pink. It is the exact same other than that.

Driver: Taylormade SIM 9 Project X Green 60TX

Fairway Finder: Taylormade Original One 13.5 Ventus Red 9X
Taylormade Gapr low 2 ventus blue 9x
4-PW Cobra king forged CB KBS $ Taper 130 X flex
Wedges 50, 54, 60 Cleveland ZIPCORE
PUTTER; Kronos release long neck
BALL; Bridgestone BX, OR Taylomade TP5x PIX

• 4 weeks later...

Forged Tour update would be great. I feel like I've been hearing about their rumored putters for a while now, was wondering if they might finally dust them off at the show.

Driver:  Epic Flash SZ 9* w/ Ventus Blue 6X 

Fairway: Epic Flash SZ 15* w/ Atmos Black 7X 

Hybrid: 818H2 19* w/ Tensei White 90  

Irons: King Forged CB w/ KBS $ Taper 130

Wedges: SM7 54 S, 58 M w/ Modus 125

Putter:  California Hollywood 34" Circle H

Received my new SZ Friday the 17th. Able to pound balls and tinker for two days. Definite improvement for me in performance. New Aldila Rouge 60S probably more to do with it coming from Atmos 7X. Sound is definately louder than F9. Face seems hotter to me maybe because of sound. Love infinity face as a high face shot now has no effect as there is no chance of paint chipping. Moved to 10* loft from 9* and definately carting more and spin down from F9. Can't wait to get this white beauty on the course. Played F9 yellow at 8* last year. This head shaft combo is a lot better on reducing spin for me. Strainer too. Can go back to shooting it down the right side of fairway w no worries of losing one right. Strait or slight draw. Loving the purchase. Glad Cobra got rid of the alignment stripes on top of the club as well. Face appears much bigger w infinity than F9. Well done!

Went on trackman and safe to say this thing spins less than the F9. Hit SZ, SIM, SIM Max, Mavrik and Mavrik SZ. They actually all seemed like I could game them. Ballspeeds were 2-3 mph more with SIM and SIM Max but this Cobra Rips. Sets up easy since I’m used to F9. Sound is way more metallic but the ball just jumps off the face. Feels like a cannon. Here’s with Hzrdus Black 60 6.5. Not the best swings but the ballspeed is so consistent off the face! 3 swings within 0.2 mph?!

SY1MLNM6CE5P.jpeg

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1237994-my-carls-golfland-contest-fitting-experience-grab-a-drink/"]My Carl's Golfland / GolfWRX WITB story[/url]

Cobra F9, Atmos Black TS 6X
Titleist TS3 3w, Atmos Black TS 7s

Titleist 510 3i Atmos Black TS 9x
Srixon U85 4, z785 5-PW Modus 120x
Titleist Vokey SM5 50F/54M/58M, DG TIS400
EVNRoll ER5

If you just go in and pick which design you’d like and just go through like you’re going to order it and not put it in the cart you’ll see all the custom shafts as you scroll through at least that’s how I do it on my iPhone there’s lots of upgrade shafts which are not priced as high as they could be, there’s more than that’s on that list above.

I hit the new SpeedZone driver today. It has a nice shape, and looked good at address. The face coming up over onto the crown didn't look bad. The sound and feel are alittle harder and more metallic than the F9. Not bad, just not as good as the F9, but that is a personal preference. Performance was on par with the F9, except that the spin may have been slightly lower, and the off-center hits may have been slightly better than the F9. I agree with the online reviews that this is a very minor upgrade to the F9. If you have to have the latest, then get it. If your driver is 2-3 years old, and you want a new driver, then I think you will be happy. If you have an F9 and want to see a big improvement by upgrading, then you need to reset your expectations.

Cobra SZ Tour Length 9.0 with Ventus Black 60 stiff shaft
Callaway Mavrik SZ 13.5 degree with GD Tour AD VR 75 stiff
Callaway Super Hybrid 17 degree with Tensei Pro Orange 80 stiff shaft
Callaway Super Hybrid 23 degree with Tensei Pro Orange 80 stiff shaft
TM P790 5-P with Fujikura Pro 95i shaft stiff tour spec
Ping Glide 2.0 raw 50 and 54 degree wedge 
PM19 60 degree raw wedge
TM Spider X Navy Blue 35 inch with white racing stripe