• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

AD XC + Speedzone in Black/White = $$$$    

> @QuigleyDU said: > The F9 was good. I think there are a few simple aesthetic tweeks needed, and the need to get the spin down. That has been the biggest killer for me the past few years with

The yellow only comes in gloss. This is the matte fairway wood.  

I found out a little bit more information today once Mitsubishi opened. When I first started looking into getting that extreme one of the things I was kind of pointed towards, it was the blue a V 55 shaft because when you look at the Mitsubishi site those all come with this technology and you can look at it yourself, but it comes with this technology that if you have trouble turning the ball over to the left it will help.Anyways I found out that that technology was not requested or whatever to be used in the shafts for Cobra in that 55 class Tensei shaft. Long story short I gave back my driver and my fairway wood I’ve got a Callaway maverick max in the trunk the demo and I’ve got a new Callaway max Fivewood coming along with the maverick irons. I talked to a couple of the guys at Cobra and told him what my findings were and if it doesn’t say it on the shaft at the top by the handle SFW it does not have the technology and it’s just another shaft

I finally stumbled into this thread after reading everything else online about the SZ line. I love my G400 Max, but am intrigued by the SZ Extreme. I especially like that they build it in the 44.5 inch option as a stock offering. The only thing I don't like about my G400 Max is the shaft length. But I can't complain too much, it's the best fairway finding driver I've ever had.

For those of you that have played both, how would you say the SZ/SZ Extreme compare?

I'm a little concerned about the custom order issues. The one thing I like about PING is the are always dead on with their custom orders...

WITB (as of 11/14/20)
PING G410 PLUS 9*
PING G400 5-wood
PING G410 22*
Srixon Z565 5-PW
Cleveland CBX 2 50*
Cleveland CBX 2 54*
Cleveland CBX Full Face 58*
Cleveland Frontline Elevado
Titleist ProV1x

I don't want to talk you out of it (cause I myself am thinking about moving on from my G400 Max, in part because I'd like something other than stock Ping CB shaft) but it isn't that hard to shorten the G400 Max and keep SW up (which is really all they are doing here as well). I had my local store cut it down by 1 inch and then played with some of those stick on weights to decide how much extra weight I wanted (turned out to be plus 6 grams). Then I screwed the tungsten weight at the back (on the other side of it that you can't see installed it has a number that tells you how many grams it is) and had my shop order me a new weight directly from Ping in the weight I wanted (which was all of like $15 shipped or something).

Of course, I still want to change and am looking at the Cobra and SIM Max in particular now as well...

Thanks for the advice. I think I'm going to get a shorter shaft and weight and try that in my 400 Max. Worst case, I can always go back to the stock setup....

WITB (as of 11/14/20)
PING G410 PLUS 9*
PING G400 5-wood
PING G410 22*
Srixon Z565 5-PW
Cleveland CBX 2 50*
Cleveland CBX 2 54*
Cleveland CBX Full Face 58*
Cleveland Frontline Elevado
Titleist ProV1x

• 2 weeks later...

Looks awesome. Mine should be in next week.....can't wait

Driver: Cobra Speedzone Xtreme 12* UST Tensei Blue
Fairway: Ping G400 17* Aldila 2KXV Orange
Hybrid: Titleist 816H1 21* Aldila Tour Green
Driving Iron: PXG 0311X 4 iron Steelfiber i95
Irons: New Level 902 Forged 5-PW KBS TGI 80
Wedges: Vokey SM6 52* New Level M-Type 58* and 62*
Putter: Sik Flo C
Ball:Vice Pro Plus

Don't we all.

Driver: Taylormade SIM Max 8º (8.75º) w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 65s

Fairway: Taylormade SIM Tour TI (v2) 3w @ 16.4º w/ Diamana TB 70s

Hybrid: Titleist TS3 @ 19º w/ ProjectX Hzrdus Smoke Black 90s

Irons: Miura TC-201 (4-6); MB-101 (7-PW) w/ MMT 105TX (ss*1)

Wedges: Artisan Raw @ 51º, 56º, 61º

Putter: Artisan 0117 Deep Milled

My SZ tour length came in today with px green 70 6.5. This thing is very nice. The sound is great and this shaft is very stable with feel. The ball flight was tight and predictable. Cobra has seemed to fix the few issues with the F9. This thing is very, very good. Anyone who does not give this a fair shot just might be missing out.

I don’t have the “hard to turn over” experience as described by others? My stock shot is a slight draw with a driver. That is exactly what I get with the SZ Extreme. I have the white graphics 10.5* with the Aldila Rogue silver.

Cobra SZ Xtreme 10.5* Rogue Silver 60 S
Cobra SZ 5W 17.5* Tensei AV Blue S

Ping G410 22* Alta S
Mizuno 921 Forged 5-GW Modus 105 S
Titleist SM7 54 & 58*
TM Spider X DB 34”
ProV1

Spent some more time with my Extreme 10.5 with Rogue Silver S on the launch monitor today against my M6 10.5 with Evenflow Blue stiff. Cobra had a bit better spin consistency (I’m sure due to strike) and found the center of the face more often. Consistent tight draw. I am bagging the Extreme on my Palm Springs trip in a week. I am happy that Cobra came out with this release. It reminds me of a lower spinning G400Max with better feel and sound. Spin was averaging 2100-2200 and carry was 245-255 with my 98 mph swing.

• Like 1

Cobra SZ Xtreme 10.5* Rogue Silver 60 S
Cobra SZ 5W 17.5* Tensei AV Blue S

Ping G410 22* Alta S
Mizuno 921 Forged 5-GW Modus 105 S
Titleist SM7 54 & 58*
TM Spider X DB 34”
ProV1

My first round with the extreme went very well. Great height on the ball without spinning it too much (I’m not a high spinner for the most part anyways). Have mine set up: 12* head lofted down to about 10.5. Ust helium stiff shaft. probably will put my attas 11 in it though once I get around to it.

my main miss is a bad pull hook and this did a great job of keeping that shot away. Very straight ball flight with a slight fall off to the right. I was able to turn it over when I needed to do so.

distance was hard to gauge as it was a super super windy day.

Forever Changing at this point.......

Yesterday I was oncourse for the first time.

it was cold 8*C (46*F), really wet and soft fairways and Winter Teeboxes (no good stance)

because of the winter tees I only hit it 4 times I think. Long and straight, I mean really long for this conditions! I’m super happy and very impressed

3 Drives found the middle of the fairway

one drive was a really bad swing, missed the fairway 5 yds

setup: 9*Head set at 12*, 44,5“, EvenFlow Black65 6.0