A tour caddie with a push cart?

short and straight

> @bladehunter said:

> > @Nard_S said:

> > Honestly, if we are that sissified that caddies need a cart, let's just quit all of it and pass me a pistol.

>

> There is no hope man.

>

> Having an 11 year old boy , who I force to actually work at home , get good grades and play outside. lol. He and those of his age up to around 25 or 30 are constantly looking for a “ hack” as they call it. Which is code for a lazy way out. I rail against it everyday. Their hacks generally take twice as long once you take the time to do it over the right way.

A hack can also be viewed as working smarter not harder. If we refused tools that make our jobs/lives easier, we'd still be living like it was the early 1900's. Sure lazy is bad but being innovative and finding more efficient ways to accomplish a task, making it safer is a good thing, isn't it?

Maybe Bones wouldn't have needed a double knee replacement if he wheeled a 30lb bag around for years instead of carrying. Smarter not harder isn't a bad thing.

• Like 1

> @Nard_S said:

> Honestly, if we are that sissified that caddies need a cart, let's just quit all of it and pass me a pistol.

My favourite response so far!

Of course I'm biased - I'm one of those old guys who insists on walking and carrying whenever he can, so the notion that a caddie can't walk and carry seems absurd.

It's part of the caddie job description, carry the bag. Given earnings, it's not physically unreasonable, yet it seems some people suggest making their job even easier by using a push-cart. It won't happen in my lifetime, least on the big kid tour. Next up, they will claim the glass ceiling prevents caddies from hiring an assistant caddy and demand equal pay to the Pro. lol

• TSR2 10° Ventus Velo TR Blue 58S
  • TSR2 15° Talamonti PD80R
  • T200 17' 2i Tensei AV Raw White Hybrid 95S
  • T100 3i & 4i MMT 85S
  • T100 5i to 9i MMT 105S
  • T100 PW, SM9 F52/12, M58/8, PX Wedge 120S
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x

> @Nard_S said:

> > @gsea33 said:

> > > @Nard_S said:

> > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > @Nard_S said:

> > > > > Honestly, if we are that sissified that caddies need a cart, let's just quit all of it and pass me a pistol.

> > > >

> > > > There is no hope man.

> > > >

> > > > Having an 11 year old boy , who I force to actually work at home , get good grades and play outside. lol. He and those of his age up to around 25 or 30 are constantly looking for a “ hack” as they call it. Which is code for a lazy way out. I rail against it everyday. Their hacks generally take twice as long once you take the time to do it over the right way.

> > >

> > > I hear you. Once I was at a dinner party but it got sidelined. Host and I had to go help change a tire on a car. There were two 20 year old boys as passengers in it............I was disgusted.

> > >

> >

> > I'm disgusted you actually did it. Thats why they can get away with it.

> It was dead winter and snowing hard. It was the host's daughter who was driving. What Father does not go to their girl in distress?

Fair enough. But those two aholes would of been out there helping.

> @gsea33 said:

> > @Nard_S said:

> > > @gsea33 said:

> > > > @Nard_S said:

> > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > > @Nard_S said:

> > > > > > Honestly, if we are that sissified that caddies need a cart, let's just quit all of it and pass me a pistol.

> > > > >

> > > > > There is no hope man.

> > > > >

> > > > > Having an 11 year old boy , who I force to actually work at home , get good grades and play outside. lol. He and those of his age up to around 25 or 30 are constantly looking for a “ hack” as they call it. Which is code for a lazy way out. I rail against it everyday. Their hacks generally take twice as long once you take the time to do it over the right way.

> > > >

> > > > I hear you. Once I was at a dinner party but it got sidelined. Host and I had to go help change a tire on a car. There were two 20 year old boys as passengers in it............I was disgusted.

> > > >

> > >

> > > I'm disgusted you actually did it. Thats why they can get away with it.

> > It was dead winter and snowing hard. It was the host's daughter who was driving. What Father does not go to their girl in distress?

>

> Fair enough. But those two aholes would of been out there helping.

Yeah, wish I could say I went Eastwood on them but no, it was not the right situation. My daughters know how to change a tire and battery. Made sure they knew that before they started off driving around. I'm doing a major house renovation over the next 2 years, maybe 10% will be contracted out, my son is 15, he don't know it yet but he's gonna learn an awful lot.

> @BlackDiamondPar5 said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @Nard_S said:

> > > Honestly, if we are that sissified that caddies need a cart, let's just quit all of it and pass me a pistol.

> >

> > There is no hope man.

> >

> > Having an 11 year old boy , who I force to actually work at home , get good grades and play outside. lol. He and those of his age up to around 25 or 30 are constantly looking for a “ hack” as they call it. Which is code for a lazy way out. I rail against it everyday. Their hacks generally take twice as long once you take the time to do it over the right way.

>

> A hack can also be viewed as working smarter not harder. If we refused tools that make our jobs/lives easier, we'd still be living like it was the early 1900's. Sure lazy is bad but being innovative and finding more efficient ways to accomplish a task, making it safer is a good thing, isn't it?

>

> Maybe Bones wouldn't have needed a double knee replacement if he wheeled a 30lb bag around for years instead of carrying. Smarter not harder isn't a bad thing.

Sure. I understand that idea. My favorite saying is that “ nothing replaces the proper tool for the job “. But.... we aren’t talking about that. I’m talking the “ wear the same shirt for 3 days , then turn it inside out and wear it 2 more to avoid doing laundry “ hackers. Loook up hacks on YouTube. It isn’t people telling you what the proper tool is for the job. It’s nitwits trying to tell you how to get out of work.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Hopefully soon, there is absolutely no reason for people to lug around a 50lb sack in the heat when we invented the wheel.

• Like 2

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

Friday I played with a young guy that played for Auburn in the NCAA finals 2 years ago. I asked him about push cart use in college, and he said the guys that use them get an unmerciful kidding. He went on to tell me that one of his team mates was forced to use one while getting over an illness. The kid said he would never use one again. I asked the guy I was playing with what would have happened if the player using the cart had won, and he said if that had happend, the whole team would have used them the next time out.

> @caniac6 said:

> Friday I played with a young guy that played for Auburn in the NCAA finals 2 years ago. I asked him about push cart use in college, and he said the guys that use them get an unmerciful kidding. He went on to tell me that one of his team mates was forced to use one while getting over an illness. The kid said he would never use one again. I asked the guy I was playing with what would have happened if the player using the cart had won, and he said if that had happend, the whole team would have used them the next time out.

It's unfortunate that we raise our kids to be sheeple and to care more about others opinions than using common sense. I was the first "good player" to use a push cart at my club which was due to me having sciatic nerve issues. I had comments left and right but it also seemed to give others permission to try one. Fast forward 2 years later and half the club has push carts for when they walk.

There's no good reason for them carrying 50lb sacks of metal around in the heat other than "its the way it's supposed to be". Disgusting levels of stupidity.

Edel PROTO

> @bladehunter said:

> > @BlackDiamondPar5 said:

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > @Nard_S said:

> > > > Honestly, if we are that sissified that caddies need a cart, let's just quit all of it and pass me a pistol.

> > >

> > > There is no hope man.

> > >

> > > Having an 11 year old boy , who I force to actually work at home , get good grades and play outside. lol. He and those of his age up to around 25 or 30 are constantly looking for a “ hack” as they call it. Which is code for a lazy way out. I rail against it everyday. Their hacks generally take twice as long once you take the time to do it over the right way.

> >

> > A hack can also be viewed as working smarter not harder. If we refused tools that make our jobs/lives easier, we'd still be living like it was the early 1900's. Sure lazy is bad but being innovative and finding more efficient ways to accomplish a task, making it safer is a good thing, isn't it?

> >

> > Maybe Bones wouldn't have needed a double knee replacement if he wheeled a 30lb bag around for years instead of carrying. Smarter not harder isn't a bad thing.

>

> Sure. I understand that idea. My favorite saying is that “ nothing replaces the proper tool for the job “. But.... we aren’t talking about that. I’m talking the “ wear the same shirt for 3 days , then turn it inside out and wear it 2 more to avoid doing laundry “ hackers. Loook up hacks on YouTube. It isn’t people telling you what the proper tool is for the job. It’s nitwits trying to tell you how to get out of work.

I wear mine 4 days before turning inside out... LOL I kid. But I just don't see using a pushcart as lazy, I see it as finding a smarter more efficient way of accomplishing a task. Like using a wheelbarrow or a wagon to haul something... definitely not lazy.

When CT Pan won a year or two ago he had his Gf/wife/fiancé on the bag because he didn't want to pay for an alternate caddy, regular caddy couldn't make it. He got a light stand bag and took out all but the essentials for those days. On tough walks between holes he carried the bag for her.

Driver: Sim OG 8* (-2g), Diamana ZF 40x

3wood: Sim Ti Rocket 14*, SMT 3390 Tour V 50x

5wood: Sim Ti @18*, SMT 3390 Tour V 50x

4i-GW: Ke4 Max (-8g), SMT Bassara 65x +1"

SW: CBX2 52*, Rotex Precision 90g wedge flex

LW: Tour Grind MG 60*

P: 2013 Scotty Cameron Newport Black, Pistolero

Grips: Lamkin Crossline 58r

Ball: TP5X 2019

Its part of the Job. I dont want to see a caddie pushing a cart. Might as well drive along side the player in the motorized cart. Not to go extremes but to me, the caddie gets paid well enough on the tour level to say suck it up. Yes they are there to provide some insight on the golf course but, the main thing is to carry the darn bag around.

Cobra LTD 9* TP6HD
Cobra Big Tour 14.5* TP7HD 

Cobra F6 Baffler 19* Kiyoshi Purple

Wilson Staff Staff Blades 3-PW Recoil I95 stiff 

Wilson PMP 52/56 Raw

Titliest SquareBack LA 135 

Vice Pro+ Lime Green Goodness

> @J13 said:

> > @caniac6 said:

> > Friday I played with a young guy that played for Auburn in the NCAA finals 2 years ago. I asked him about push cart use in college, and he said the guys that use them get an unmerciful kidding. He went on to tell me that one of his team mates was forced to use one while getting over an illness. The kid said he would never use one again. I asked the guy I was playing with what would have happened if the player using the cart had won, and he said if that had happend, the whole team would have used them the next time out.

>

> It's unfortunate that we raise our kids to be sheeple and to care more about others opinions than using common sense. I was the first "good player" to use a push cart at my club which was due to me having sciatic nerve issues. I had comments left and right but it also seemed to give others permission to try one. Fast forward 2 years later and half the club has push carts for when they walk.

>

> There's no good reason for them carrying 50lb sacks of metal around in the heat other than "its the way it's supposed to be". Disgusting levels of stupidity.

>

>

I totally agree. I was using an electric walking cart while playing with him.

> @Buzzkill said:

> Caddies with push/pull carts will happen eventually but probably not soon enough - it's ridiculous the amount of crap they've got to carry, even those who are fortunate enough to have a dual strap.

I know! Ridiculous that a guy who's job is to carry a bag - has to 'carry a bag'.

Maybe they could have an emotional support mule carry the bag for them.

When did we get so soft as society?

> @"Ignatius Reilly" said:

> So.... why a push cart?

>

> Why not drive beside the player in a motorized cart?

>

> I've already said I'm against push carts for caddies, but for those who are okay with it, why not go all the way? Even easier on the backs and knees and legs.

Yes.

I use a pushcart myself now. Almost 40 and carrying usually gets to me around 14-15th hole. Now I mean I can do it. I’m just saying it starts back fatigue which effects posture and shots.

But. The caddies are not hitting shots. Seeing pushcarts on a pro tour is bad bad bad for the aesthetic sense of the game. Same as riding in a cart would be/is.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Using caddies is the problem. That one left the barn centuries ago. Seriously take a step back and consider the whole premise that you need someone to carry your bag... That is the real joke. Using a better tool called the push cart really isn't a problem. And No driving a powered cart next to the player isn't even comparable... The powered cart can't get as close to the green and takes up a whole bunch more space.

• Like 2

> Using caddies is the problem. That one left the barn centuries ago. Seriously take a step back and consider the whole premise that you need someone to carry your bag... That is the real joke. Using a better tool called the push cart really isn't a problem. And No driving a powered cart next to the player isn't even comparable... The powered cart can't get as close to the green and takes up a whole bunch more space.

>

I've watched professional golf on and off for over 50 years and they've always had caddies. Same with any historic pics of pro golf. So I'm not sure caddies have really left the barn.

As for powered carts taking up space - there's plenty of space for 4 people (2 players + 2 caddies) and 2 carts. This happens pretty much all the time on pretty much all the courses in North America.

As for powered carts not getting as close to the green, they get close enough. The caddie could park as near as possible and walk onto the green bringing the putter with him. Like pretty much everyone who plays and uses a cart does right now. If players can use a cart and still get to the green, I'm sure caddies could figure it out too.....

> @"Ignatius Reilly" said:

> > Using caddies is the problem. That one left the barn centuries ago. Seriously take a step back and consider the whole premise that you need someone to carry your bag... That is the real joke. Using a better tool called the push cart really isn't a problem. And No driving a powered cart next to the player isn't even comparable... The powered cart can't get as close to the green and takes up a whole bunch more space.

> >

> I've watched professional golf on and off for over 50 years and they've always had caddies. Same with any historic pics of pro golf. So I'm not sure caddies have really left the barn.

>

> As for powered carts taking up space - there's plenty of space for 4 people (2 players + 2 caddies) and 2 carts. This happens pretty much all the time on pretty much all the courses in North America.

>

> As for powered carts not getting as close to the green, they get close enough. The caddie could park as near as possible and walk onto the green bringing the putter with him. Like pretty much everyone who plays and uses a cart does right now. If players can use a cart and still get to the green, I'm sure caddies could figure it out too.....

>

Makes no sense to be against push carts. The fact that someone is allowed to carry your bag in any fashion is really silly if you think about it.

> Using caddies is the problem. That one left the barn centuries ago. Seriously take a step back and consider the whole premise that you need someone to carry your bag... That is the real joke. Using a better tool called the push cart really isn't a problem. And No driving a powered cart next to the player isn't even comparable... The powered cart can't get as close to the green and takes up a whole bunch more space.

>

Right?

It’s hard to make an argument that the caddies need to “man up”

If you consider that it’s the players who basically have butlers serving them...

“Would you care for some refreshments, sir? I have sparkling water, fresh fruit, or perhaps some cashews?”

• Like 1

> @bscinstnct said:

> > Using caddies is the problem. That one left the barn centuries ago. Seriously take a step back and consider the whole premise that you need someone to carry your bag... That is the real joke. Using a better tool called the push cart really isn't a problem. And No driving a powered cart next to the player isn't even comparable... The powered cart can't get as close to the green and takes up a whole bunch more space.

> >

>

> Right?

>

> It’s hard to make an argument that the caddies need to “man up”

>

> If you consider that it’s the players who basically have butlers serving them...

>

> “Would you care for some refreshments, sir? I have sparkling water, fresh fruit, or perhaps some cashews?”

>

>

Thanks for understanding my exact point! I think the caddies should also add grey poupon to your list to really be a proper servant :)

A couple of points:

It will be a cold day when caddies can use push carts. I guarantee PGA never goes there. Their pretense of tradition is way too high.

Caddies are not about carrying a bag their about the mental baggage of players.

Not everything gets better with "progress". The keyboard replacing cursive writing or "new math" & calculators replacing basic math has not made folks smarter. The digital age has not made musicians better, in fact they have regressed and are down right illiterate compared to musicians of several generations ago. Where's today's Duke Ellington? Twitter does not educate, books still do. A "Wall E" existence is setting in and it ought to be shot down and stopped. So man up and pick up that darn bag, buddy. The trolly is for amateurs.

> @Nard_S said:

> A couple of points:

> It will be a cold day when caddies can use push carts. I guarantee PGA never goes there. Their pretense of tradition is way too high.

> Caddies are not about carrying a bag their about the mental baggage of players.

> Not everything gets better with "progress". The keyboard replacing cursive writing or "new math" & calculators replacing basic math has not made folks smarter. The digital age has not made musicians better, in fact they have regressed and are down right illiterate compared to musicians of several generations ago. Where's today's Duke Ellington? Twitter does not educate, books still do. A "Wall E" existence is setting in and it ought to be shot down and stopped. So man up and pick up that darn bag, buddy. The trolly is for amateurs.

Exactly ..... I’ll add modern clubs haven’t made better ball strikers either.

I find it hilarious that soo many are against caddies existing. As if the caddie is an indentured servant. Wth ? They are paid Handsomely in a lot of cases. Go poll the caddies and see if they want push carts .... guarantee majority doesn’t. Why ? They know their ability to carry is job security. Push carts could eventually equal their lack of employment. You guys assume caddies are too stupid to know that. A funny irony.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

"Seeing pushcarts on a pro tour is bad bad bad for the aesthetic sense of the game. "

Plenty of pushcarts seen on Euro, Asian, Japan and Korean pro golf tours. No one thinks twice about a pretty young girl pushing a trolley with golf gear earning a day's pay to accommodate someone paying big $$ to enjoy a day in the sun running after a little white ball.

And maybe we ought all to look back at golf photos of 100 years ago when Walter Hagen and his companions were wearing coats and ties and then comment on traditional golf 'aesthetics'.

And of course we cannot know on these pages if anyone making comments about the PRO TOUR and pro caddies is indeed a PRO ON TOUR. So, probably, we are all AMS pointing fingers.

In my experience very, very few golfers in USA have ever used a caddy.

>

EXACTLY. I can understand the pro's need for a another set of eyes on the course in the form of a caddy, especially with getting certain yardages ect... but the fact that they carry around enormous golf bags when the wheel exists is mind-blowingly stupid.

Edel PROTO

> @jobin said:

> "Seeing pushcarts on a pro tour is bad bad bad for the aesthetic sense of the game. "

> Plenty of pushcarts seen on Euro, Asian, Japan and Korean pro golf tours. No one thinks twice about a pretty young girl pushing a trolley with golf gear earning a day's pay to accommodate someone paying big $$ to enjoy a day in the sun running after a little white ball.

> And maybe we ought all to look back at golf photos of 100 years ago when Walter Hagen and his companions were wearing coats and ties and then comment on traditional golf 'aesthetics'.

> And of course we cannot know on these pages if anyone making comments about the PRO TOUR and pro caddies is indeed a PRO ON TOUR. So, probably, we are all AMS pointing fingers.

> In my experience very, very few golfers in USA have ever used a caddy.

Are you taking pro or current club caddies ? If pro then that’s my point. You’ve illustrated it perfectly. A pushcart opens the pool of potential caddies x2 at least. Current caddies wouldn’t want them. You guys are arguing for something that I guarantee isn’t wanted.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock