New Odyssey Stroke Lab Ten putters - Sept 2019

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Please tell me this is a joke. Looks so much like a new version of the Spider that I thought I clicked on the wrong link.

I really like Callaway but this seems almost lazy. This is just cashing in on a popular shape from a competitor and making a carbon copy.

If they could just put 2 Ball alignment on there, I'd be bagging that yesterday.

Callaway Mavrik Sub Zero 9º, Fujikura Motore F1 6X
Titleist 917 F3, 13.5°, 4th Gen. Diamana White 80X
Titleist 816 H2, 19°, 3rd Gen. Diamana White h-90X
Avian 535 3 iron, OBAN CT125X
Avian 335 blades, 4-PW (50º PW), OBAN CT-125X flighted
Avian SW 54º, Shimada Tour S
Titleist Vokey, CC 60.04, T Grind, Tour Issue DG S400

Original 2Ball White Hot, triple track mod 36"

Instagram

Just picked one up and it looks better than I thought, looked cheap in pictures but in person it looks really good!

initial thoughts on some carpet putting; sounds good and VERY stable! I like the line on top and it sits pretty square to me. More to follow...

Building my 2021 Bag (Taylormade)

Taylormade SIM

TaylorMade SIM Ti

Taylormade P7 MC

Taylormade MG2 50

Taylormade MG2 TW 56

Taylormade MG2 TW 60

Taylormade Tour Issue Spider X

Taylormade TP5X

Been fighting the urge to pick up one of these but finally succumbed. This is a very solid Odyssey putter. The sound is fantastic and the feel is as good as any I ever tried. I've been rolling the R Ball which I hate the feel and sound but the alignment and results can't be questioned. I am thinking about adding 2 more white lines to the top of the Ten to get me the same 3 line look behind the ball.

Just curious, do the Odyssey limited headcovers fit the Ten head well?

**Driver:** TaylorMade SIM Max 9° **|** Ventus Black 7 Velocore **3wd:** Titleist TS2 15° (C1) **|** Diamana D+ LTD 70 **Hybrid:** Callaway Apex 18° **|** AD-DI 95 **Irons:** Mizuno MP 18 Fli Hi 4 iron **|** AD-DI 95**/** JPX 919 Forged 5-PW **|** Recoil 95 **Wedges:** Vokey SM8 raw 50°F (Handground S), 54°S, 58°M (Handground A) **|** DG Black Onyx **Putters:** Byron Morgan DH 89 WITB: https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1505670/goirish17s-witb-updated-end-of-page-2#latest

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like Xander Schauffele is gaming the new SL Black #7 face balanced model at The Sentry Tournament of Champions. Also using the new Chrome Soft ball.

Callaway Mavrik 9° driver Tensei Pro White 50 S Flex

Callaway Mavrik 15° fairway wood Tensei Pro Blue 60 S Flex

Callaway Mavrik 20° and 23° hybrids MMT 90 S Flex

Mizuno JPX 921 Forged 4-PW & GW Modus3 Tour 120 S flex

Mizuno T20 Raw Wedges 50-07, 55-13 and 60-06 Modus3 125 Wedge

Odyssey Stroke Lab Ten 

Callaway Chrome Soft Triple Track

• 1 month later...

I’d say BoP. I haven’t seen MOI numbers posted anywhere but when you see the Ten and BoP side by side, the BoP is quite a bit larger with more extreme weighting.

Callaway Mavrik 9° driver Tensei Pro White 50 S Flex

Callaway Mavrik 15° fairway wood Tensei Pro Blue 60 S Flex

Callaway Mavrik 20° and 23° hybrids MMT 90 S Flex

Mizuno JPX 921 Forged 4-PW & GW Modus3 Tour 120 S flex

Mizuno T20 Raw Wedges 50-07, 55-13 and 60-06 Modus3 125 Wedge

Odyssey Stroke Lab Ten 

Callaway Chrome Soft Triple Track

• 4 weeks later...

Bought a Ten Triple Track. Have no intention to use a triple track ball, but I liked the color scheme better than the Black Ten. Will most probably paint it all white. Makes it look more similar to Spiders True path. I think it was easier to aim with the large white area/line than the line on Black Ten.

After a round and some putting inside I’m very impressed. For the first time since WHP #7 came out I will change the putter this season. It’s not a coincidence Ten has been the most played Odyssey model on tour lately - it’s phenomenal!

And oh, I almost forgot. The White Hot Microhinge Star insert is soooo much better than last years iteration in EXO.

I thought I never, ever would say this, but I actually prefer it even to my beloved WHP insert. ?

So im a all callaway guy. odyssey is usually my thing. I have a o works r line. Fantastic putter i will never sell. The ten tripple track looked out of the planet when i saw it for first time around feb 10th. Wife got one for me for valentines day gift. Super nice. Felt awsome looked awsome. Fast forward to i think march 10th. Warm day in northeast 65°. Play a round. 1st holes green super excited to putt with it. To be honest without cockyness im a pretty good putter. Here it goes... i roll one. From the moment i struck the putt even though it was a ok putt... even though the greens werent in great shape yet i knew i just did not like the way this putter felt compared to my r line. Night and day. Felt horribly cheap terribly too soft even with new face and a touch head heavy. Overall 6/10. My bro has spider and its not even close. I went back to golf store rolled spider and ended up with a spider x copper white fill slant neck. I have ocd with staying same brand and let me explain it was a no brainer how much better in every way the spider x is over the odyssey ten. Looks feel distance control sound. The ten had under whelming distance control. Not bad but certainly not for me.

• 1 month later...