Akshay Bhatia - WITB September 2019

GolfWRX

How the heck that he get his hands on the Stroke Lab Ten?? Can't even get a release date and he's gaming one as an Am

Titleist TSi3 (8*) w/ Ventus Black Velocore 6X

Titleist TS3 (15*) w/ Ventus Black Velocore 8X

Titleist TSi2 Hybrid (18*) w/ Tensei Pro CK Orange 90TX

Titleist 718 AP2 4-PW w/ Modus3 120x

Titleist Vokey WedgeWorks Raw SM8 52F-56S-60L w/ Modus3 125 Wedge

Taylor Made Spider X Navy w/ KBS CT Tour 

> @KuroOuji54 said:

> > @BirdieBirdieX said:

> > How the heck that he get his hands on the Stroke Lab Ten?? Can't even get a release date and he's gaming one as an Am

>

> Hes a pro and on staff now

And he would have had as an Am as well

He was top 10 in the world

Gaming one off TM blades and putters before

Elite is elite

lead tape & Taylormade TP5X's

> @leftygolfer15 said:

> > @inditube said:

> > Ty Tryon signed with Callaway and was 17 where is he now?

>

> Peak WRX. Bravo sir!

I’m going to assume he read the Jonathan Wall article in Golf.com

https://www.golf.com/gear/pros-bags/2019/09/17/akshay-bhatia-callaway-equipment-deal-sanderson-farms-pro-debut/

Finally excited to see someone on Tour game a driver with weights to the max draw and the hozel in the draw setting! "Ain't no shame in his game!" For awhile I thought I was the only one who wanted a closed face and some draw biased weight that has a SS over 115mph and can find the center of the face regularly.

• Like 1

Gotta love the loyalty Taylormade takes care of this kid forever and the second he turns pro he drops them like a bad habit for the cash. Switches out 14 clubs right as he's about to chase his tour card. Lame.

• Like 1

Taylormade Sim2 Max 9 HZRDUS Smoke RDX 70 6.5

Callaway X2Hot Pro 17* Aldila Tour Blue 85 TX

Callaway Apex UT 18* Mitsubishi MMT 105TX
Wilson CB 4-PW Dynamic Gold 120 X100
Titleist Vokey SM5 50.12, SM6 56.14 @ 55*, SM6 60.08 S400
Odyssey White Hot OG #7 Stroke Lab
Pro V1X 2021

> @BirdieBirdieX said:

> How the heck that he get his hands on the Stroke Lab Ten?? Can't even get a release date and he's gaming one as an Am

Probably the same way he got a one off set of left handed P730's. Craziness.

• Like 1

[b]TaylorMade SIM[/b] - 10.5 deg - w/ Aldila Synergy Black Proto 60-TX tipped 0.5 - 44.75"
[b]Adams XTD TI[/b] - 2 hybrid (16.5 deg) - Matrix HM3 105g X
[b]TaylorMade P790 -[/b] 3i (1 deg weak) - KBS C-Taper Lite-X (ss1)
[b]TaylorMade P790 -[/b] 4-6: (2 deg weak) - KBS C-Taper 130x (ss1)
[b]Adams MB2 - [/b] 7-PW: KBS C-Taper 130x (ss1)
[b]Titleist Vokey[/b] SM4: 50 F Grind - KBS C-Taper 130x (ss1)
[b]Callaway[/b] PM Grind 56 - bent to 55, PM Grind 60 - Dynamic Gold TI s400
[b]Tiger NP2 Replica G.O.A.T.:[/b] - 35.5in

> @webber said:

> Gotta love the loyalty Taylormade takes care of this kid forever and the second he turns pro he drops them like a bad habit for the cash. Switches out 14 clubs right as he's about to chase his tour card. Lame.

Callaway probably offered a better deal. Free market and all that. If TaylorMade wanted him on staff that badly ... I'm sure they could have convinced him with the right deal. How is that lame?

• Like 2

Callaway Mavrik Max 9* /w Aldila R.I.P. Beta 80

TS2 Fairways  Aldila R.I.P. Alpha 70

Srixon U85 20*  /w UST Mamiya Recoil

JPX 919 HM Pro (4-P)  /w Nippon Modus 105s

RTX4's 50, 56

BETTI QB6

JumboMax Grips

I don’t know his name, I live near the course Gankas teaches out of and I was talking to a caddy at the club about George and the caddies were saying he’s got a kid barely in high school that’s going to be next level. They probably said his name and I didn’t pay attention.

> @MakersMarsh3 said:

> > @Lenny2 said:

> > Another Gankas kid. I heard he has a younger kid in the stable that is going to blow away everything we have seen yet.

>

> Who would that be??

> @MooJersey said:

> > @webber said:

> > Gotta love the loyalty Taylormade takes care of this kid forever and the second he turns pro he drops them like a bad habit for the cash. Switches out 14 clubs right as he's about to chase his tour card. Lame.

>

> Callaway probably offered a better deal. Free market and all that. If TaylorMade wanted him on staff that badly ... I'm sure they could have convinced him with the right deal. How is that lame?

Dont blame him, if Taylormade wanted him, should have showed him the money!

• Like 2
Ping G410 LST 10.5 Graphite Design TP
Callaway Epic Flash 3 wood Mitsubishi Tensi Blue 16*
Callaway Epic 5 Flash wood Mitusbishi Blue Tensi Blue 20*

Ping I25 4-PW ZZ65

Odyssey Two ball lined S.............

Titleist SM6F Grind 50*, SM8 D Grind 54* SM6 59* S Grind Dynamic Gold

God Bless America

Stay Free

> @Lenny2 said:

>

> I don’t know his name, I live near the course Gankas teaches out of and **I was talking to a caddy at the club about George and the caddies were saying he’s got a kid barely in high school that’s going to be next level.** They probably said his name and I didn’t pay attention.

>

>

There have been so many amateurs that were hyped as being the next "one" or the new "next level" player for years on end and never panned out. The last one that actually met that criteria turned pro in late 1996. Since then... .

• Like 2

> @bigeasy said:

> > @MooJersey said:

> > > @webber said:

> > > Gotta love the loyalty Taylormade takes care of this kid forever and the second he turns pro he drops them like a bad habit for the cash. Switches out 14 clubs right as he's about to chase his tour card. Lame.

> >

> > Callaway probably offered a better deal. Free market and all that. If TaylorMade wanted him on staff that badly ... I'm sure they could have convinced him with the right deal. How is that lame?

>

> Dont blame him, if Taylormade wanted him, should have showed him the money!

I would bet TM gave him a pretty damn solid offer. He took the brinks truck. Count me as one that was surprised after he had such a great relationship with TM

> @inditube said:

> Ty Tryon signed with Callaway and was 17 where is he now?

Excellent logic. Surely no 17 year olds will ever amount to anything because one didn't.

• Like 1

Taylormade SIM 10.5* Diamana X'17 70TX || Taylormade SIM 9* Diamana X'17 70X
Taylormade SIM Ti V2 15* Diamana DF 80TX || Taylormade SIM Ti 15* Kuro Kage DCXM 80TX
Taylormade M5 19* Tensei Pro White 90TX || TItleist 915FD 18* Fujikura Motore VC 9.2 Tour Spec X 
Srixon ZX Utility 20* HZRDUS Red 105 6.5 || Taylormade RSI UDI 20* Kuro Kage 100XTS Hybrid  
Bridgestone J40 DPC 4i-7i 23*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot || Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant

> @MakersMarsh3 said:

> > @bigeasy said:

> > > @MooJersey said:

> > > > @webber said:

> > > > Gotta love the loyalty Taylormade takes care of this kid forever and the second he turns pro he drops them like a bad habit for the cash. Switches out 14 clubs right as he's about to chase his tour card. Lame.

> > >

> > > Callaway probably offered a better deal. Free market and all that. If TaylorMade wanted him on staff that badly ... I'm sure they could have convinced him with the right deal. How is that lame?

> >

> > Dont blame him, if Taylormade wanted him, should have showed him the money!

>

> I would bet TM gave him a pretty **** solid offer. He took the brinks truck. Count me as one that was surprised after he had such a great relationship with TM

Taylormade are done with giving money away for now.... They've got 4 or 5 of the best players in the world on staff and Matt Wolff took the rest of it...no way they're taking a chance on an unproven kid.

> @webber said:

> Gotta love the loyalty Taylormade takes care of this kid forever and the second he turns pro he drops them like a bad habit for the cash. Switches out 14 clubs right as he's about to chase his tour card. Lame.

Oh come on, no need for the soap box. It always and in this case should come down to $$. This is a business and career for this kid. All the OEM make great stuff so it comes down to (especially as a rookie) to who will sign the biggest contract. Any of the OEM can make you whatever you want.

• Like 1

Driver: Titleist TSi3 Ventus blue 6x

3 wood: Titleist Tsi2 15 Ventus blue 7x

& Wood: Titleist TSi2 Ventus Red 9X
Taylormade Gapr low 2 ventus blue 9x
4-PW Cobra king forged CB KBS $ Taper 130 X flex
Wedges 50, 54, 60 Cleveland ZIPCORE
PUTTER; LAB DF2.1
BALL; Bridgestone BX, OR Taylomade TP5x PIX

> @OutBackHack said:

> > @MakersMarsh3 said:

> > > @bigeasy said:

> > > > @MooJersey said:

> > > > > @webber said:

> > > > > Gotta love the loyalty Taylormade takes care of this kid forever and the second he turns pro he drops them like a bad habit for the cash. Switches out 14 clubs right as he's about to chase his tour card. Lame.

> > > >

> > > > Callaway probably offered a better deal. Free market and all that. If TaylorMade wanted him on staff that badly ... I'm sure they could have convinced him with the right deal. How is that lame?

> > >

> > > Dont blame him, if Taylormade wanted him, should have showed him the money!

> >

> > I would bet TM gave him a pretty **** solid offer. He took the brinks truck. Count me as one that was surprised after he had such a great relationship with TM

>

> Taylormade are done with giving money away for now.... They've got 4 or 5 of the best players in the world on staff and Matt Wolff took the rest of it...no way they're taking a chance on an unproven kid.

See this makes sense. TM has a superstar stable of staffers. I don't blame this kid for taking the money. He did the smart thing ... make the money while you can. TM isn't going to feed his future family if he doesn't make it on the tour. Simple business. Not sure why guys are talking about loyalty and all that.

Callaway Mavrik Max 9* /w Aldila R.I.P. Beta 80

TS2 Fairways  Aldila R.I.P. Alpha 70

Srixon U85 20*  /w UST Mamiya Recoil

JPX 919 HM Pro (4-P)  /w Nippon Modus 105s

RTX4's 50, 56

BETTI QB6

JumboMax Grips

> @MooJersey said:

> > @OutBackHack said:

> > > @MakersMarsh3 said:

> > > > @bigeasy said:

> > > > > @MooJersey said:

> > > > > > @webber said:

> > > > > > Gotta love the loyalty Taylormade takes care of this kid forever and the second he turns pro he drops them like a bad habit for the cash. Switches out 14 clubs right as he's about to chase his tour card. Lame.

> > > > >

> > > > > Callaway probably offered a better deal. Free market and all that. If TaylorMade wanted him on staff that badly ... I'm sure they could have convinced him with the right deal. How is that lame?

> > > >

> > > > Dont blame him, if Taylormade wanted him, should have showed him the money!

> > >

> > > I would bet TM gave him a pretty **** solid offer. He took the brinks truck. Count me as one that was surprised after he had such a great relationship with TM

> >

> > Taylormade are done with giving money away for now.... They've got 4 or 5 of the best players in the world on staff and Matt Wolff took the rest of it...no way they're taking a chance on an unproven kid.

>

> See this makes sense. TM has a superstar stable of staffers. I don't blame this kid for taking the money. He did the smart thing ... make the money while you can. TM isn't going to feed his future family if he doesn't make it on the tour. Simple business. Not sure why guys are talking about loyalty and all that.

You really think this contract is worth enough to set him up financially for the future? I don’t

He doesn’t need the $ from what I know about his family. Also one of the reasons he’s turning pro at 17

So yes. I did expect a certain amount of loyalty. And yes it is unusual for 14 club switch when turning pro

Usually this contract and change happens after being in Tour for a little and having success. Not right when turning pro.

Rooting for the kid. Big fan. Just don’t love the total switch to start a career.

> @MakersMarsh3 said:

> > @MooJersey said:

> > > @OutBackHack said:

> > > > @MakersMarsh3 said:

> > > > > @bigeasy said:

> > > > > > @MooJersey said:

> > > > > > > @webber said:

> > > > > > > Gotta love the loyalty Taylormade takes care of this kid forever and the second he turns pro he drops them like a bad habit for the cash. Switches out 14 clubs right as he's about to chase his tour card. Lame.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Callaway probably offered a better deal. Free market and all that. If TaylorMade wanted him on staff that badly ... I'm sure they could have convinced him with the right deal. How is that lame?

> > > > >

> > > > > Dont blame him, if Taylormade wanted him, should have showed him the money!

> > > >

> > > > I would bet TM gave him a pretty **** solid offer. He took the brinks truck. Count me as one that was surprised after he had such a great relationship with TM

> > >

> > > Taylormade are done with giving money away for now.... They've got 4 or 5 of the best players in the world on staff and Matt Wolff took the rest of it...no way they're taking a chance on an unproven kid.

> >

> > See this makes sense. TM has a superstar stable of staffers. I don't blame this kid for taking the money. He did the smart thing ... make the money while you can. TM isn't going to feed his future family if he doesn't make it on the tour. Simple business. Not sure why guys are talking about loyalty and all that.

>

> You really think this contract is worth enough to set him up financially for the future? I don’t

> He doesn’t need the $ from what I know about his family. Also one of the reasons he’s turning pro at 17

> So yes. I did expect a certain amount of loyalty. And yes it is unusual for 14 club switch when turning pro

> Usually this contract and change happens after being in Tour for a little and having success. Not right when turning pro.

>

> Rooting for the kid. Big fan. Just don’t love the total switch to start a career.

What did Victor Hovland do? He changed his whole bag also, Taylormade to Ping. Hasnt affected him one bit.

• Like 1
Ping G410 LST 10.5 Graphite Design TP
Callaway Epic Flash 3 wood Mitsubishi Tensi Blue 16*
Callaway Epic 5 Flash wood Mitusbishi Blue Tensi Blue 20*

Ping I25 4-PW ZZ65

Odyssey Two ball lined S.............

Titleist SM6F Grind 50*, SM8 D Grind 54* SM6 59* S Grind Dynamic Gold

God Bless America

Stay Free

> @MakersMarsh3 said:

> > @MooJersey said:

> > > @OutBackHack said:

> > > > @MakersMarsh3 said:

> > > > > @bigeasy said:

> > > > > > @MooJersey said:

> > > > > > > @webber said:

> > > > > > > Gotta love the loyalty Taylormade takes care of this kid forever and the second he turns pro he drops them like a bad habit for the cash. Switches out 14 clubs right as he's about to chase his tour card. Lame.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Callaway probably offered a better deal. Free market and all that. If TaylorMade wanted him on staff that badly ... I'm sure they could have convinced him with the right deal. How is that lame?

> > > > >

> > > > > Dont blame him, if Taylormade wanted him, should have showed him the money!

> > > >

> > > > I would bet TM gave him a pretty **** solid offer. He took the brinks truck. Count me as one that was surprised after he had such a great relationship with TM

> > >

> > > Taylormade are done with giving money away for now.... They've got 4 or 5 of the best players in the world on staff and Matt Wolff took the rest of it...no way they're taking a chance on an unproven kid.

> >

> > See this makes sense. TM has a superstar stable of staffers. I don't blame this kid for taking the money. He did the smart thing ... make the money while you can. TM isn't going to feed his future family if he doesn't make it on the tour. Simple business. Not sure why guys are talking about loyalty and all that.

>

> You really think this contract is worth enough to set him up financially for the future? I don’t

> He doesn’t need the $ from what I know about his family. Also one of the reasons he’s turning pro at 17

> So yes. I did expect a certain amount of loyalty. And yes it is unusual for 14 club switch when turning pro

> Usually this contract and change happens after being in Tour for a little and having success. Not right when turning pro.

>

> Rooting for the kid. Big fan. Just don’t love the total switch to start a career.

How do you know his parents are giving him any money now that he’s a pro? More money from equipment contract equals more funds for travel.

> @DelPoncho said:

> one of the tuesday pics showed he was still practicing with his old red spider, wont be shocked if he returns to gaming old faithful

The information I saw was that he was going to be gaming the Epic Flash Driver this week, Callaway didn't mention any other Callaway equipment would be in his bag so I imagine he gets a grace period to work in the Callaway equipment when he get comfortable with it. I know it's a 14 club deal so at some point before the new year he will have a full Callaway bag but that could take some time seeing how long he gamed that Taylormade equipment.

> @bigeasy said:

> > @MakersMarsh3 said:

> > > @MooJersey said:

> > > > @OutBackHack said:

> > > > > @MakersMarsh3 said:

> > > > > > @bigeasy said:

> > > > > > > @MooJersey said:

> > > > > > > > @webber said:

> > > > > > > > Gotta love the loyalty Taylormade takes care of this kid forever and the second he turns pro he drops them like a bad habit for the cash. Switches out 14 clubs right as he's about to chase his tour card. Lame.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Callaway probably offered a better deal. Free market and all that. If TaylorMade wanted him on staff that badly ... I'm sure they could have convinced him with the right deal. How is that lame?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Dont blame him, if Taylormade wanted him, should have showed him the money!

> > > > >

> > > > > I would bet TM gave him a pretty **** solid offer. He took the brinks truck. Count me as one that was surprised after he had such a great relationship with TM

> > > >

> > > > Taylormade are done with giving money away for now.... They've got 4 or 5 of the best players in the world on staff and Matt Wolff took the rest of it...no way they're taking a chance on an unproven kid.

> > >

> > > See this makes sense. TM has a superstar stable of staffers. I don't blame this kid for taking the money. He did the smart thing ... make the money while you can. TM isn't going to feed his future family if he doesn't make it on the tour. Simple business. Not sure why guys are talking about loyalty and all that.

> >

> > You really think this contract is worth enough to set him up financially for the future? I don’t

> > He doesn’t need the $ from what I know about his family. Also one of the reasons he’s turning pro at 17

> > So yes. I did expect a certain amount of loyalty. And yes it is unusual for 14 club switch when turning pro

> > Usually this contract and change happens after being in Tour for a little and having success. Not right when turning pro.

> >

> > Rooting for the kid. Big fan. Just don’t love the total switch to start a career.

>

> What did Victor Hovland do? He changed his whole bag also, Taylormade to Ping. Hasnt affected him one bit.

Not gaming ping wedges or putter

> @canonlbp430 said:

> > @MakersMarsh3 said:

> > > @MooJersey said:

> > > > @OutBackHack said:

> > > > > @MakersMarsh3 said:

> > > > > > @bigeasy said:

> > > > > > > @MooJersey said:

> > > > > > > > @webber said:

> > > > > > > > Gotta love the loyalty Taylormade takes care of this kid forever and the second he turns pro he drops them like a bad habit for the cash. Switches out 14 clubs right as he's about to chase his tour card. Lame.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Callaway probably offered a better deal. Free market and all that. If TaylorMade wanted him on staff that badly ... I'm sure they could have convinced him with the right deal. How is that lame?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Dont blame him, if Taylormade wanted him, should have showed him the money!

> > > > >

> > > > > I would bet TM gave him a pretty **** solid offer. He took the brinks truck. Count me as one that was surprised after he had such a great relationship with TM

> > > >

> > > > Taylormade are done with giving money away for now.... They've got 4 or 5 of the best players in the world on staff and Matt Wolff took the rest of it...no way they're taking a chance on an unproven kid.

> > >

> > > See this makes sense. TM has a superstar stable of staffers. I don't blame this kid for taking the money. He did the smart thing ... make the money while you can. TM isn't going to feed his future family if he doesn't make it on the tour. Simple business. Not sure why guys are talking about loyalty and all that.

> >

> > You really think this contract is worth enough to set him up financially for the future? I don’t

> > He doesn’t need the $ from what I know about his family. Also one of the reasons he’s turning pro at 17

> > So yes. I did expect a certain amount of loyalty. And yes it is unusual for 14 club switch when turning pro

> > Usually this contract and change happens after being in Tour for a little and having success. Not right when turning pro.

> >

> > Rooting for the kid. Big fan. Just don’t love the total switch to start a career.

>

> How do you know his parents are giving him any money now that he’s a pro? More money from equipment contract equals more funds for travel

Because I’ve heard him communicate that. His dad is very involved in his life (not in a bad way!) and is super supportive and has been for LONG time.

He’s going to travel the same amount this year as he did last year. Maybe even less