Interesting TXG vid

After seeing quite a few threads regarding the $Taper and CTaper I think this comparison is very interesting and shows how individual fitting is. I have found that I often spin heavier, low launch/low spin shafts more than lights versions and I've also found that high balance point shafts do not work for me whatsoever. Interesting results and shows why you can't just hop on a thread here and figure that someone else's results will be the same as yours and buy blind

Taylormade Sim 9* Ventus Velo Blue 7x 

Taylormade Sim Max 3W Aldila Rogue 110MSI 70x

Taylormade Sim Max 5W Ventus Velo Blue 7x

Taylormade P7MC 4-PW Dynamic Gold X100

Taylormade MG2 51* SB Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

Taylormade MG2 TW 56* + 60* Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

Byron Morgan DH89 34.75/70*/2*

Titleist Pro -V1x  or Bridgestone Tour BXS

Ping Hoofer

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Does this not fit with what Crossfield and co. go on about that players react to shaft weight and a good player will naturally adjust the delivery ..... now a high handicapper is a different matter

Does this not fit with what Crossfield and co. go on about that players react to shaft weight and a good player will naturally adjust the delivery ..... now a high handicapper is a different matter

• Like 1

Taylor Made SIM max 10.5 - stock Ventus Blue

Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 15 - Even Flow Blue 6.0

Srixon zu85 3i

Various rotating 4i options - Mp59, TmB, M6 hybrid

Mizuno Mp59 5-pw

Vokey SM6 52, 56, 60

Scotty Cameron Newport

I'm in the process of switching to $taper from ctaper. I decided to try the change because I felt the ctaper wasn't workable enough. Also felt like the boardy feel was helping to accentuate a transition that was too much outward with the hands. I play that move and with a smooth transition everything is rock solid. Matt describes a feeling with the $taper like he's getting a bit under. He's a drawer, I'm a fader. I like how I can feel the clubhead in transition more with the $taper. I tend to lose feel of it with the ctapers.

Fwiw, I'm a .5 cap...but nowhere near Matt's clubhead speed.

> @getitdaily said:

> I'm in the process of switching to $taper from ctaper. I decided to try the change because I felt the ctaper wasn't workable enough. Also felt like the boardy feel was helping to accentuate a transition that was too much outward with the hands. I play that move and with a smooth transition everything is rock solid. Matt describes a feeling with the $taper like he's getting a bit under. He's a drawer, I'm a fader. I like how I can feel the clubhead in transition more with the $taper. I tend to lose feel of it with the ctapers.

>

> Fwiw, I'm a .5 cap...but nowhere near Matt's clubhead speed.

Im nowhere near your skill level 6/8 hcp and i agree with the CTaper being a very straight (not workable enough) shaft. For me that is really good as my swing can get skanky but I do like the CTaper. I have them in 2 sets of irons right now.

M5 Kiyoshi Purple
TM M4 16.5 VA Composites Drago 75
Epon AF901 19*/22*
PXG 031X Proto CTaper 125 5-P/Ping I500/I210 KBS Tour 125 5-P
PXG 0311 Forged 50/56/60-Scratch 1018 50/53/58
Rife Deep Blue

FOR NOW...........
All Clubs subject to change relative to my last bad round of golf......