Your most unpopular Golf opinions?

BarrySanders

1. Have tour only golf balls for professional tournaments that decrease distance (circa 1990 specs).

2. Change the rules of golf to allow ametuers preferred lies in the fairway (to make the game easier and speed up play).

3. Stop pairing groups together at public courses. I don't want to play 4.5 hours of golf with a stranger.

1) Most people's opinion about changes to the game of golf range from idiotic at worst, short sighted at best.

Its a game thats been around longer than most any popular sport played today. Hush, it's fine. Impatient, short sighted whiners, the lot of you.

As a young 30 something, ive had some of my most memorable rounds with 70+ all seniors 4somes teeing off from the front. Always lovely rounds, no matter the "+5 hour round time".

2) If you got somewhere to be, dont play golf.

• Like 1

1 - Dress codes are not snobby and should be upheld

2 - Green reading books should be banned from professional golf

3 - Members shouldn't be able to choose who they play with in club competitions

4 - A lot of teaching professionals knowledge is actually quite poor

• Like 2

Driver - Taylormade SIM 10.5°

3 wood - Titleist 910f 15°

Hybrid- Titleist 910h°

Irons - Mizuno 919 Tour 4 - PW

Wedges - Titleist SM7 51 / 55 / 60 DG

Putter - Yes! Callie

Ball - Titleist Pro v1x

> @mark174ace said:

> > @marmaduk sa.

>

> > Anyone who has given up golf because of children/family, or any passion in their life for that matter, is weak and the people you gave it up for can see that.

>

> I just about fell out of my chair laughing when I read this. I know so many miserable dudes who let their wives and children walk all over them 24/7. Once the kids get a taste of what they can get away with that it only gets worse and worse. The worst part is when some of these guys boast about how when they retire at age 60 something it will be "their time". Really? You are going to catch up in your twilight years on all those things you missed out on after driving yourself into the ground for the last 30-40 years ? I think not. You are just going to be an on constant standby status for babysitting for your grandchildren because your kids don't have their $%#@ together and know you will do whatever they tell you to do.

>

> I have seen this too many times to even keep track anymore.

hell yes, tell my gf all the time "i'm playing 1-2 times a week period end of story" and she always claims I want to avoid her and her friends (true), but you have to create your own identity and be passionate about what you like, not just an accessory for the ole ball and chain and kids.

• Like 2

> @SUPERG said:

> > @mark174ace said:

> > > @marmaduk sa.

> >

> > > Anyone who has given up golf because of children/family, or any passion in their life for that matter, is weak and the people you gave it up for can see that.

> >

> > I just about fell out of my chair laughing when I read this. I know so many miserable dudes who let their wives and children walk all over them 24/7. Once the kids get a taste of what they can get away with that it only gets worse and worse. The worst part is when some of these guys boast about how when they retire at age 60 something it will be "their time". Really? You are going to catch up in your twilight years on all those things you missed out on after driving yourself into the ground for the last 30-40 years ? I think not. You are just going to be an on constant standby status for babysitting for your grandchildren because your kids don't have their $%#@ together and know you will do whatever they tell you to do.

> >

> > I have seen this too many times to even keep track anymore.

>

> **** yes, tell my gf all the time "i'm playing 1-2 times a week period end of story" and she always claims I want to avoid her and her friends (true), but you have to create your own identity and be passionate about what you like, not just an accessory for the ole ball and chain and kids.

Apologies for drifting off topic but my girlfriend is the same saying I'm trying to avoid her friends.

I never deny it, of course I'm trying to avoid them haha!

Driver - Taylormade SIM 10.5°

3 wood - Titleist 910f 15°

Hybrid- Titleist 910h°

Irons - Mizuno 919 Tour 4 - PW

Wedges - Titleist SM7 51 / 55 / 60 DG

Putter - Yes! Callie

Ball - Titleist Pro v1x

> @SUPERG said:

> Things like F*** Bogey Towels, headcovers and elaborate ball markers are all ridiculous. Nobody want's to be a player anymore they just want a golf bag covered in tacky cr@p

Oh god those are the worst.

Basically anything from 'Golf Gods'.

Anytime I see someone with their cheesy garbage I know theyre a hack

• Like 1

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + UB6 / PRDYMTC  15°@16 + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / SPDR EXTC + GPS

> @Jimjam651 said:

> > @SUPERG said:

> > > @mark174ace said:

> > > > @marmaduk sa.

> > >

> > > > Anyone who has given up golf because of children/family, or any passion in their life for that matter, is weak and the people you gave it up for can see that.

> > >

> > > I just about fell out of my chair laughing when I read this. I know so many miserable dudes who let their wives and children walk all over them 24/7. Once the kids get a taste of what they can get away with that it only gets worse and worse. The worst part is when some of these guys boast about how when they retire at age 60 something it will be "their time". Really? You are going to catch up in your twilight years on all those things you missed out on after driving yourself into the ground for the last 30-40 years ? I think not. You are just going to be an on constant standby status for babysitting for your grandchildren because your kids don't have their $%#@ together and know you will do whatever they tell you to do.

> > >

> > > I have seen this too many times to even keep track anymore.

> >

> > **** yes, tell my gf all the time "i'm playing 1-2 times a week period end of story" and she always claims I want to avoid her and her friends (true), but you have to create your own identity and be passionate about what you like, not just an accessory for the ole ball and chain and kids.

>

> Apologies for drifting off topic but my girlfriend is the same saying I'm trying to avoid her friends.

>

> I never deny it, of course I'm trying to avoid them haha!

the funny thing is their friends probably prefer we golf anyway! No need to get mixed into their own drama lol

> @CamDanger said:

> 1. Golf style and fashion trends are all bad. No exceptions. I don't have a solution for how one should dress but the game deserves all the ridicule it gets in terms of style.

> 2. I don't like to drink while I play.

> 3. I cringe when people call a course a "track"

agreed...track is stupid to me too

Unpopular opinions on these forums? Shouldn’t be too difficult.

Drinking and music on the course should be mandatory.

Titleist Pro V1 golf balls are inferior to pretty much everything else at that price point.

Walking should not be allowed on weekends EVER.

If you wear pants in mid-summer heat and are not a professional then you should shoot every round under par or start wearing shorts and leaving your shirt untucked.

You are the reason the course is backed up because you take way too long to putt.

If you disagree with any of the above, you are miserable to play with and we should all be glad you are rich enough to play at a private course.

That’s GolfWRX in a nutshell unfortunately.

• Like 3
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=1] [/size][/font]

1. Do not try to do any type of adjustment to your clubs, no bending, gripping or adding weights-leave it to professionals.

2. I'm not slow, I just enjoy being away from my miserable life.

3. If you're not on tour there is no way you can carry that distance with that club.

4. I carry the ball <20 yards of what I claim but will insist that I'm not warmed up or something has been bothering me when I hit it the actual distance.

5. I complain about my swing, course conditions, weather anything until the round is ruined for all.

6. I look at every angle of a putt especially when it is for triple.

7. Inversely I hit a few good shots and am on the GIR or have a putt to save par and I will rush to putt out only to have a 3+ putt and then complain about why my handicap is stagnant.

8. I ask friends for advice on new drivers and putters because I feel like buying a new $300 club will save me strokes rather than practicing or playing more than 3 times a year.

> @whackhacknslap said:

> 1) Most people's opinion about changes to the game of golf range from idiotic at worst, short sighted at best.

>

> Its a game thats been around longer than most any popular sport played today. Hush, it's fine. Impatient, short sighted whiners, the lot of you.

>

> As a young 30 something, ive had some of my most memorable rounds with 70+ all seniors 4somes teeing off from the front. Always lovely rounds, no matter the "+5 hour round time".

>

> 2) If you got somewhere to be, dont play golf.

LOL I preach that 2nd one you wrote a lot down here at the tourist crowd--- Here it is one extreme or the other they are either slow as the Walking Dead or are running up someone's butt. You will see them in the afternoon rushing to get in an emergency 9. Their standard excuse is 'we are here on vacation" My standard answer is "well maybe you should have planned your vacation better or took one closer to home" Yeah the ones in the afternoon are rushing like a fireman to a fire to get another round in before having to take Momma and the kids to the seafood buffet and Family Kingdom amusement park. LOL usually the ones in the afternoon hurry up crowd were in the morning wave of those causing the 5 hr or more rounds. That is no joke I have seen it happen more than one time over my years here

• Like 1

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* TT Sensicore S-400

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

> @CamDanger said:

> 1. Golf style and fashion trends are all bad. No exceptions. I don't have a solution for how one should dress but the game deserves all the ridicule it gets in terms of style.

> 2. I don't like to drink while I play.

> 3. I cringe when people call a course a "track"

I know growing up Southern a course was refereed to as a "Track" but that is a Southern thing and we would not expect you west coast guys to understand but carry on anyhow

> @"BIG STU" said:

> > @CamDanger said:

> > 1. Golf style and fashion trends are all bad. No exceptions. I don't have a solution for how one should dress but the game deserves all the ridicule it gets in terms of style.

> > 2. I don't like to drink while I play.

> > 3. I cringe when people call a course a "track"

>

> I know growing up Southern a course was refereed to as a "Track" but that is a Southern thing and we would not expect you west coast guys to understand but carry on anyhow

Big Stu,

Would that instead be tract?

1. The secret to buying used irons is asking whether or not the owner used neoprene head covers. If so, buy them! You may not score better, but they will be pretty and still look new.

2. The main purpose for golf is to have something in your life to keep you from drinking.

3. When you learn something new in golf, don't keep any additional statistics to see if it has helped. Your plummeting scores will tell you that.

4. Golfers with the highest handicaps should be allowed to park the closest to the clubhouse.

> @justasgood said:

> > @"BIG STU" said:

> > > @CamDanger said:

> > > 1. Golf style and fashion trends are all bad. No exceptions. I don't have a solution for how one should dress but the game deserves all the ridicule it gets in terms of style.

> > > 2. I don't like to drink while I play.

> > > 3. I cringe when people call a course a "track"

> >

> > I know growing up Southern a course was refereed to as a "Track" but that is a Southern thing and we would not expect you west coast guys to understand but carry on anyhow

>

> Big Stu,

>

> Would that instead be tract?

Well??? A piece of land is properly known as a tract------ You know us Southern rednecks construe the English language all to heck. Another example LOL---- You know the Air Force drops BOMBS out of airplanes--- down South they drop "BUMS" out of airplanes.

> @SixtySomePing said:

> 1. The secret to buying used irons is asking whether or not the owner used neoprene head covers. If so, buy them! You may not score better, but they will be pretty and still look new.

>

> 2. The main purpose for golf is to have something in your life to keep you from drinking.

>

> 3. When you learn something new in golf, don't keep any additional statistics to see if it has helped. Your plummeting scores will tell you that.

>

> 4. Golfers with the highest handicaps should be allowed to park the closest to the clubhouse.

HMMMMM! Food for thought you got me thinking and I guess that is why no one buys any of my irons--- You know me no iron covers and full of bag chatter and lead tape.