Your most unpopular Golf opinions?

BarrySanders

I like music when I play.

Any group over four is outrageous (I think most here agree)

I’m not that big of a fan of drinking too much while playing. I will have a few on occasion.

I like to use a cart. I like to walk. Depends on the situation, and more importantly the course.

I’ll move my ball from a fairway divot if I’m not playing for money or in a tournament.

I can’t stand people who try and read their putt from 360 degrees during casual play.

I abhor people to take 80 million practice swings.

I actually enjoy golfing.

• Like 1

> @jonesry09 said:

> If you book a last minute solo tee time, I ain't letting you through. Don't book a tee time expecting to just play frogger to get done a round in under 2 and a half.

> White claws should be banned from all golf courses. Possibly just banned from ever existing.

> If you talk to my ball, I get to punch you.

Wait, what? I’m playing as a single, doesn’t matter why, you have no idea when I booked my tee time. You’re playing as a foursome with open holes in front of you. If you won’t let me through, you are not just bad for golf, you are bad for society.

We all know the parameters; if the course is full and there’s nowhere to go, a single has no business expecting to knife through a crowded course while everyone else waits MORE. But there is a type of person who enjoys being in the way, who derives a feeling of power from holding other people back and creating frustration. This person creates unnecessary friction and makes life worse for everyone else whether it be in traffic, in business, or at the golf course.

• Like 4

> @jak77 said:

> I can’t stand people who try and read their putt from 360 degrees during casual play.

I completely agree, but I'm curious about your justification for this statement.

What's In The Bag?

Srixon Z565 Driver, 4W, 4H

Ping G400 5-U

Kirkland Sig Wedges

Odyssey White Hot Putter

Hyundai Equus Alignment Sticks

KSig balls for now - in search of something new

Caddyshack is possibly the most overrated movie ever (definitely in the top five).

WITB

TaylorMade M5 (10.5) Graphite Design Tour AD GP 6 S

Callaway Rogue ST MAX (15) Graphite Design Tour AD F-75 S

Ping G425 (19) Mitsubishi TENSEI CK Pro Orange Hybrid 80 S

Mizuno MP-53 (4-PW, 22-46) Nippon Pro Modus 3 Tour 120 S

Titleist Vokey SM9 (50.12 F, 54.10 S @ 55, 60.10 S) Nippon Pro Modus 3 Tour 120 S

Edel McKenzie (35)

> @jak77 said:

> I can’t stand people who try and read their putt from 360 degrees during casual play.

I'm going to go against the grain a bit here, but I can't STAND it when people I'm playing with don't even make an attempt to read a putt. Like they just get up to the ball and whack it, then mumble something and rake their terrible putt back to them. That sort of sulky, "meh I don't care, whatever, let's move on" attitude is really difficult to play with. It makes me feel like the entire experience is pointless and makes me feel a bit subconscious when I actually do take my time to read a putt. At least pretend to want to be playing golf.

• Like 1

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5 deg.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 3L

Srixon ZX 3 hybrid

Ping S55 irons

Ping Glide 3.0 54 & 60 deg.

Odyssey White Hot Versa #1

> @jak77 said:

> I like music when I play.

> Any group over four is outrageous (I think most here agree)

> I’m not that big of a fan of drinking too much while playing. I will have a few on occasion.

> I like to use a cart. I like to walk. Depends on the situation, and more importantly the course.

> I’ll move my ball from a fairway divot if I’m not playing for money or in a tournament.

> I abhor people to take 80 million practice swings.

> I actually enjoy golfing.

Negged

Some of these are hilarious :D

Currently playing 10 clubs

Titleist TSR2 9* [Tensei White 1k 6TX]

Tour Edge CB Pro F2 14.5* [Graphite Design AD-DI 7TX]

Tour Edge CB Pro F2 17.5* [Graphite Design AD-DI 8TX]

GEOM Golf Moe [Raw] [21, 29, 37, 45] [LA Golf 125X]

Artisan Golf [Raw] [54, 60] [LA Golf 125X]

Bettinardi BB1F Blackout [LA Golf Soho]

Iomic Grips make the best grips in golf (sponsor me please)

@TheGolfBench builds my clubs

#PlayOrPerish #LeadTapeChronicles #SlowPlayersWillBeAskedToLeave

> @howellhandmade said:

> > @jonesry09 said:

> > If you book a last minute solo tee time, I ain't letting you through. Don't book a tee time expecting to just play frogger to get done a round in under 2 and a half.

> > White claws should be banned from all golf courses. Possibly just banned from ever existing.

> > If you talk to my ball, I get to punch you.

>

> Wait, what? I’m playing as a single, doesn’t matter why, you have no idea when I booked my tee time. You’re playing as a foursome with open holes in front of you. If you won’t let me through, you are not just bad for golf, you are bad for society.

>

> We all know the parameters; if the course is full and there’s nowhere to go, a single has no business expecting to knife through a crowded course while everyone else waits MORE. But there is a type of person who enjoys being in the way, who derives a feeling of power from holding other people back and creating frustration. This person creates unnecessary friction and makes life worse for everyone else whether it be in traffic, in business, or at the golf course.

>

>

YES!! Please move out of the way. The group in front is already home(since yesterday).

> @MountainGoat said:

> The Masters should adopt a single ball that all competitors are required to play, and it should be a Kirkland.

>

The new one, right?

Currently playing 10 clubs

Titleist TSR2 9* [Tensei White 1k 6TX]

Tour Edge CB Pro F2 14.5* [Graphite Design AD-DI 7TX]

Tour Edge CB Pro F2 17.5* [Graphite Design AD-DI 8TX]

GEOM Golf Moe [Raw] [21, 29, 37, 45] [LA Golf 125X]

Artisan Golf [Raw] [54, 60] [LA Golf 125X]

Bettinardi BB1F Blackout [LA Golf Soho]

Iomic Grips make the best grips in golf (sponsor me please)

@TheGolfBench builds my clubs

#PlayOrPerish #LeadTapeChronicles #SlowPlayersWillBeAskedToLeave

Another came to mind:

Left Handed players who whine about RH-only clubs can go take a hike. We get it, not every club is made for both sides of the plate. Might have something to do with Lefties being like 7% of the market. Go play polo or field hockey some time, see how you get on.

(I'm left-handed, thankfully my dad foresaw this and made me learn golf right-handed. MP-20's look nice don't they?)

• Like 1

> @MaineMariner said:

> > @jak77 said:

> > I can’t stand people who try and read their putt from 360 degrees during casual play.

>

> I'm going to go against the grain a bit here, but I can't STAND it when people I'm playing with don't even make an attempt to read a putt. Like they just get up to the ball and whack it, then mumble something and rake their terrible putt back to them. That sort of sulky, "meh I don't care, whatever, let's move on" attitude is really difficult to play with. It makes me feel like the entire experience is pointless and makes me feel a bit subconscious when I actually do take my time to read a putt. At least pretend to want to be playing golf.

And I agree with that. I just dont like playing with people who are unbelievably slow, and/or have to map out the entire green before they putt. Dont rush it, get a read, see above comment.

> @jak77 said:

> > @HappyGilmoresBoots said:

> > > @jak77 said:

> > > I can’t stand people who try and read their putt from 360 degrees during casual play.

> >

> > I completely agree, but I'm curious about your justification for this statement.

> >

> >

>

> Read your putt for sure. But dont JB Holmes it.

I go 360 on anything over 4 feet. Do it right, it's a net time saver and can be largely done while others are prepping their putts. Clean up putts are way faster than knee knockers.

> @Nard_S said:

> > @jak77 said:

> > > @HappyGilmoresBoots said:

> > > > @jak77 said:

> > > > I can’t stand people who try and read their putt from 360 degrees during casual play.

> > >

> > > I completely agree, but I'm curious about your justification for this statement.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Read your putt for sure. But dont JB Holmes it.

>

> I go 360 on anything over 4 feet. Do it right, it's a net time saver and can be largely done while others are prepping their putts. Clean up putts are way faster than knee knockers.

I guess I worded it wrong. I dont care if you read the putt if youre timely about it. I care when eveyone on the green is waited for you to read it forever...during casual play.

> @jak77 said:

> I guess I worded it wrong. I dont care if you read the putt if youre timely about it. I care when eveyone on the green is waited for you to read it forever...during casual play.

I understood what you meant and definitely agree. I sometimes get stuck playing with a guy who acts like every putt is a one of those "seeing eye" puzzles that will reveal itself if you just stare at it long and hard enough.

I also used to play with a guy who literally didn't putt. He'd one-hand everything and just waltz off the green. Thankfully, this guy apparently hung it up this year since he just stopped showing up to the course. He was a horrible golfer and not a pleasant person.

There's definitely a happy medium there somewhere. Hopefully I fall into that.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5 deg.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 3L

Srixon ZX 3 hybrid

Ping S55 irons

Ping Glide 3.0 54 & 60 deg.

Odyssey White Hot Versa #1

There is a guy that I see on a lot of the golf courses that I play at. He is typically alone and walking. More than once I have come to a tee box that he has just hit from. He will stand in one spot, near his ball, and not move. He'll look over towards me and then over to the next tee box, not moving just standing there forever. If we dare even think about hitting a shot of the tee he immediately loses his mind trying to figure out why we would even attempt such a travesty, regardless if he is 320 yards away. He always claims he is trying to slow down so he doesn't get caught behind the people at the next tee. Honestly I think he is always just looking for something to complain about, like I said this has happened with him more than once with me and I have heard other people complain about him as well.

> @DaveMc82 said:

> 1. Alcohol on the course and people under the influence should be banned.

> 2. Golf manufacturers need to start producing cart bags where I can’t t see their brand name or logo. I’m not your billboard.

> 3. Anyone who shouts on tee shots at a pro event should be forcefully relocated to driving distance on a blind tee shot. Only let them stand there. Enforce a no shouting of fore rule until every moron who shouts has been hit and is sincerely sorry.

> 4. 99% of golfers out on the course couldn’t break 90 if their life depended on it.

> 5. Cheating is way beyond rampant in amateur golf.

> 6. Making the game too easy by reducing rough and encouraging bombing of courses has in turn brought the knuckleheads into golf. Making courses play easier to speed up play will encourage even more knuckleheads to play those courses.

> 7. Telling someone their behaviour isn’t acceptable is not snobbery. It’s the last hope for maintaining decency within society. We’ve already negated Darwinism via safety laws and medicine. After all, if we hadn’t, most of our celebrities would have died before they reached adulthood.

> 8. Driving ranges should have slow play pods at 50 yards for offenders on the course. But like a shark cage and anybody who can hit the pod gets bonus balls for scaring the pod occupant.

I agree with the breaking 90. > @avgjoe88 said:

> There is a guy that I see on a lot of the golf courses that I play at. He is typically alone and walking. More than once I have come to a tee box that he has just hit from. He will stand in one spot, near his ball, and not move. He'll look over towards me and then over to the next tee box, not moving just standing there forever. If we dare even think about hitting a shot of the tee he immediately loses his mind trying to figure out why we would even attempt such a travesty, regardless if he is 320 yards away. He always claims he is trying to slow down so he doesn't get caught behind the people at the next tee. Honestly I think he is always just looking for something to complain about, like I said this has happened with him more than once with me and I have heard other people complain about him as well.

So, what should be the odds of hitting the green where you wait? I hit a green at my club in 2 like 20 years ago, and I have only done it once since.

I wonder how many people typed up something to post on here and then didn't post it because they were worried it was too controversial...

Ping G430 LST 9° Diamana white 63x
Ping G410 LST 3 wood Diamana Thump x
Srixon ZX Utility 19 C-taper S+

Srixon ZX7 4-AW C-taper S+

Vokey SM9 54F and 58C

Odyssey Eleven Tour-Lined Slant

* If someone hits into you but the ball gets there rolling, and you get mad, you're a baby and probably mad about something else.

* If the condition, or flatness, of the tee boxes materially affects your evaluation of a golf course, you're an idiot.

* A single in a cart late in the day trying to fit in 18 has no appreciation of the game of golf.

Ping G400 LST 10º XTORSION Copper 60
RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4I-GW
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Vokey 60º/04º. "The Scalpel"
Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Ten
Oncore Elixir Neon Green