Your most unpopular Golf opinions?

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Boy, you guys sure do let a lot bother you. In the last two years, I have survived prostate cancer and a heart attack. I play, and walk almost every day, and I'm thrilled to still be in the upright po

Fittings are overrated Putter fittings are doubly so   There, I said it.

Handicap tournaments are the golf equivalent of live-action role playing game. You might as well put on a fake beard, pretend to be a dwarf and re-enact the Lord of the Rings.

Most unpopular opinions:

- Bandon Trails is the best golf course on that property.

- I don't mind other people playing music loud on the course at all. Doesn't bother me, I am able to tune it out I guess?

- There should be more private golf clubs and less public muni courses that aren't taken care of at all.

- Everyone thinks everyone else is slow no matter what the pace is.

- Tee times till noon should be reserved for golfers that carry a handicap under 12 and have demonstrated they can play in 4 hours.

• Like 1

Since it is impossible to judge when a divot in the fairway has healed and shouldn't be treated as a divot anymore we can never give free relief. Sorry.

I know people here have voiced the opposite opinion and that it is impossible for both opinions to have more than 50% opposition. Maybe we should start a poll.

Hey chopper, what are you hitting there?

Callaway Rouge Sub Zero 9°
TM SLDR S 17°
Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 21° and 24°
Titleist AP2 710 5-pw
Wilson FG Tour PMP 52, 56, 60­°
Rife 460 Tour Blade

After how long does being "out of form" turn into "a bad golfer"?

> @NonCompetitive1 said:

> I'm rolling on from the one ball comment. Evolving.

>

> One ball per player, one club per player and no tee allowed for competitions.

>

> Separate the men from the boys.

>

> I'd love to see this at Pebble in a US open set up. That would be a sight to see. The only reason these tournaments don't happen : $$$.

Why not extrapolate it further and just play one hole 18 times over?

What's In The Bag?

Srixon Z565 Driver, 4W, 4H

Ping G400 5-U

Ping Zing BeCU Putter

Hyundai Equus Alignment Sticks

Bridgestone e6, Noodle Neon, or Titleist TruSoft balls

Various trinkets, ball markers, and white wooden tees

> @HappyGilmoresBoots said:

> > @NonCompetitive1 said:

> > I'm rolling on from the one ball comment. Evolving.

> >

> > One ball per player, one club per player and no tee allowed for competitions.

> >

> > Separate the men from the boys.

> >

> > I'd love to see this at Pebble in a US open set up. That would be a sight to see. The only reason these tournaments don't happen : $$$.

>

> Why not extrapolate it further and just play one hole 18 times over?

You are missing the point completely. The point is to demand shot creativity and skill. One hole does the opposite of that.... banging head against wall moment..wow..

Grand children are the rewards of life, they really think you are the greatest. Participation trophies cheat those who strive for excellence. Those of us old enough to remember the good old days, where everyone was actually treated better, and opportunities were everywhere. Now every thing is way to controlled in our lives.

throw more money at it, that should fix it

Ping Max 10.5

Cobra F9 5,7 wds

RBZ 5,6 hybrids

G700 5-8 iron

Cobra F9 9-aw

MD5 54 10S

Toulon Columbus

Maxfli Tour

> @marmaduk sa.

> Anyone who has given up golf because of children/family, or any passion in their life for that matter, is weak and the people you gave it up for can see that.

I just about fell out of my chair laughing when I read this. I know so many miserable dudes who let their wives and children walk all over them 24/7. Once the kids get a taste of what they can get away with that it only gets worse and worse. The worst part is when some of these guys boast about how when they retire at age 60 something it will be "their time". Really? You are going to catch up in your twilight years on all those things you missed out on after driving yourself into the ground for the last 30-40 years ? I think not. You are just going to be an on constant standby status for babysitting for your grandchildren because your kids don't have their $%#@ together and know you will do whatever they tell you to do.

I have seen this too many times to even keep track anymore.

• Like 4

> @mark174ace said:

> > @marmaduk sa.

>

> > Anyone who has given up golf because of children/family, or any passion in their life for that matter, is weak and the people you gave it up for can see that.

>

> I just about fell out of my chair laughing when I read this. I know so many miserable dudes who let their wives and children walk all over them 24/7. Once the kids get a taste of what they can get away with that it only gets worse and worse. The worst part is when some of these guys boast about how when they retire at age 60 something it will be "their time". Really? You are going to catch up in your twilight years on all those things you missed out on after driving yourself into the ground for the last 30-40 years ? I think not. You are just going to be an on constant standby status for babysitting for your grandchildren because your kids don't have their $%#@ together and know you will do whatever they tell you to do.

>

> I have seen this too many times to even keep track anymore.

Incompatible marriages like that are deeply sad, rather than funny. I've not married, never have been (never been engaged either). I want to make sure I find the right wife so this won't ever happen if I have kids. I wouldn't want to control anyone either, control a wife..it's equally as bad for your health as getting controlled in my view. Some of these dudes are "locked in" as they feel like they are responsible for their children. Pretty sad they effectively messed up and faked their whole life.

I do agree, it's more the norm than anything. The woman controlling the man. People aren't willing to work hard enough to find their match. Some give up and give in to pressures of society to have a family / get married by a certain age which is pretty lame.

I wish anyone that ever complains about slow play was forced to wear a muzzle.

Fitting is a scam

Lessons are a mostly a scam.

Golf is not for everyone.

Growing the game is a Business plan, not a “Just cause.”

People care way too much about pro sports.

Shut up already about slow play!

Did I mention complaining about slow play is annoying?

Pebble Beach and Augusta National are overrated.

Allowing yourself to be greatly annoyed by slow play while being out in nature with friends doing the thing you love most makes you weak and petty!

I don’t want to hear about your first world problems. Stay home and cut the lawn and play with your children. Or spend some real money and join a country club. Golf isn’t for everyone...

• Like 1

> > Anyone who has given up golf because of children/family, or any passion in their life for that matter, is weak and the people you gave it up for can see that.

>

> I just about fell out of my chair laughing when I read this. I know so many miserable dudes who let their wives and children walk all over them 24/7. Once the kids get a taste of what they can get away with that it only gets worse and worse. The worst part is when some of these guys boast about how when they retire at age 60 something it will be "their time". Really? You are going to catch up in your twilight years on all those things you missed out on after driving yourself into the ground for the last 30-40 years ? I think not. You are just going to be an on constant standby status for babysitting for your grandchildren because your kids don't have their $%#@ together and know you will do whatever they tell you to do.

>

> I have seen this too many times to even keep track anymore.

What’s even more hilarious is you talking about these “miserable dudes” and their sad lives in a forum about golf which is a sport that isn’t really that exciting to begin with. Yes, I play the game a lot but that does not mean that I will sacrifice literally having a life just to swing an expensive club to shoot a white ball into a tiny, tiny hole. Golf (and while we’re at it, cricket and tennis) are just sports that I play to relax.

> @farmer said:

> Hate Argonne's LPGA fashion thread.

> Always disliked Isaac.

> Nah, both huge lies.

A dude continually updating a womens golf attire thread is pretty high on the creeper level meter tho

• Like 1

Mavrik + ATMOS TS Black / Mavrik 4W + ATMOS TS Blue / Mavrik Pro 3H + ATMOS TS Blue / XForged UT + ATMOS TS Black / Apex 19-Pro + C-Taper / MD5 / Odyssey SL Black 7 + SuperStroke Cord 2.0

> @isaacbm said:

> I wish anyone that ever complains about slow play was forced to wear a muzzle.

>

> Fitting is a scam

>

> Lessons are a mostly a scam.

>

> Golf is not for everyone.

>

> Growing the game is a Business plan, not a “Just cause.”

>

> People care way too much about pro sports.

>

> Shut up already about slow play!

>

> Did I mention complaining about slow play is annoying?

>

> Pebble Beach and Augusta National are overrated.

>

> Allowing yourself to be greatly annoyed by slow play while being out in nature with friends doing the thing you love most makes you weak and petty!

> I don’t want to hear about your first world problems. Stay home and cut the lawn and play with your children. Or spend some real money and join a country club. Golf isn’t for everyone...

>

>

>

Slow play is a cancer. :)

• Like 1

Two ways to look at slow play: when you started, and when you got better. I was lucky to have a run down par 3 course to learn on. I made the most of my kids and got involved in their lives, especially sports. It was a blast seeing them having fun. I really don't get the owned by the family thing. Family first and sports second, and sometimes both. Golf will never equal kicking back and watching movies with the grandkids, with a big bowl of popcorn, no where close. I don't go home to the golf course.

throw more money at it, that should fix it

Ping Max 10.5

Cobra F9 5,7 wds

RBZ 5,6 hybrids

G700 5-8 iron

Cobra F9 9-aw

MD5 54 10S

Toulon Columbus

Maxfli Tour

> @bigred90gt said:

> > @BKN1964 said:

> > Shaking hands after the round with the same guys you play with every week is stupid. Taking your hat off beforehand is doubly so.

>

> I'll add to that: shaking hands after the round with the guy who pissed in the woods and didnt wash his hands is disturbing.

Shaking hands with someone after they take their hat off and rub their hand through their sweaty hair is disgusting. You see it every week on the PGA Tour. Can these guys get a clue?