New TM players irons in 2020?

> @GolfBum82 said:

> > @jll62 said:

> > > @mBiden2 said:

> > > > @GolfBum82 said:

> > > > I saw that online as well. You can’t order the 730 or 750 custom anymore? Weird

> > >

> > > You haven’t been able to order the 750 custom for over a year. The 730s just fell off the custom order list. Definitely means that there’s a new MB coming, which I find strange cause of the P7TWs

> > >

> >

> > That's the thing. Because the P7TW exist, the 730 falling off the custom list doesn't necessarily mean there's a new MB coming. It seems plausible to me, perhaps likely, that the P7TW remains as the only MB in the lineup. There's certainly no reason for them to have two.

>

> I agree with you, but seems like a high price point for the only blade offering.

>

Agreed, but perhaps they have data showing the past 6 months of P7TW interest and sales has been better than the two year run of P730. Or close enough to suggest the price isn't an obstacle. Just speculating, of course, but I can see the math working.

• Like 1

TaylorMade Stealth2 Plus 9.0, Ventus Black 6X, 45.5"

TaylorMade Stealth2 Plus 4 (16.5), HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 6.5 70g, 42.5"

TaylorMade P790 3 (2021), DG X100 (SSx2)

TaylorMade P7MC Raw 4-PW, DG Mid X100 (SSx1)
TaylorMade MG4 50, 54 - DG S400

Titleist SM9 58T - DG S400
Scotty Cameron Oil Can Newport, 34"
TaylorMade TP5x (2021)

My WITB Post

> @jll62 said:

> > @GolfBum82 said:

> > > @jll62 said:

> > > > @mBiden2 said:

> > > > > @GolfBum82 said:

> > > > > I saw that online as well. You can’t order the 730 or 750 custom anymore? Weird

> > > >

> > > > You haven’t been able to order the 750 custom for over a year. The 730s just fell off the custom order list. Definitely means that there’s a new MB coming, which I find strange cause of the P7TWs

> > > >

> > >

> > > That's the thing. Because the P7TW exist, the 730 falling off the custom list doesn't necessarily mean there's a new MB coming. It seems plausible to me, perhaps likely, that the P7TW remains as the only MB in the lineup. There's certainly no reason for them to have two.

> >

> > I agree with you, but seems like a high price point for the only blade offering.

> >

>

> Agreed, but perhaps they have data showing the past 6 months of P7TW interest and sales has been better than the two year run of P730. Or close enough to suggest the price isn't an obstacle. Just speculating, of course, but I can see the math working.

Point taken. I really doubt the post above about a new players iron coming to the PGA show. Is TM even going to be there?

There will surely be a new blade offering in the spring and I would think a gen2 version of the P760 as well.

The P7TW are not a "traditional consumer blade" and I highly doubt they would leave this in as the only blade offering, especially at the premium price point. The CG location, shaping, next to nothing offset, blade size/length progression, are NOT comparable to retail blade offerings from other OEM's. They would also never put these on the shelves of the big box stores.

P760 is do for a refresh as well. I think the progressive set with speedfoam concept is homerun but they missed a little on the execution. The feel of the 760 left a LOT to be desired and probably sent most consumer towards purchasing the P790 instead. I don't believe they've been an extremely successful line.

> @mBiden2 said:

> > @GolfBum82 said:

> > I saw that online as well. You can’t order the 730 or 750 custom anymore? Weird

>

> You haven’t been able to order the 750 custom for over a year. The 730s just fell off the custom order list. Definitely means that there’s a new MB coming, which I find strange cause of the P7TWs

>

Allow us to order the P7TW as singles and they would for sure be in many peoples bag for short irons. The 730 falling off custom orders is a little different from what I heard. I was told something coming in between the 730 and 760. For a blade the TW is very easy to hit from 7 thru PW and feels amazing. I’m surprised more tour guys haven’t put it in their bags.

• Like 1

> @Lenny2 said:

> > @mBiden2 said:

> > > @GolfBum82 said:

> > > I saw that online as well. You can’t order the 730 or 750 custom anymore? Weird

> >

> > You haven’t been able to order the 750 custom for over a year. The 730s just fell off the custom order list. Definitely means that there’s a new MB coming, which I find strange cause of the P7TWs

> >

>

> Allow us to order the P7TW as singles and they would for sure be in many peoples bag for short irons. The 730 falling off custom orders is a little different from what I heard. I was told something coming in between the 730 and 760. For a blade the TW is very easy to hit from 7 thru PW and feels amazing. I’m surprised more tour guys haven’t put it in their bags.

I couldn’t agree more. If they allowed single custom they’d be in my bag now. Instead I’m going the MP20 MB route....

Driver: TaylorMade SIM MAX (10.5 degrees - set to 9.75 and 1.5 degrees open)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 White 70 TX (at 45" and tipped 1")

3-wood: TaylorMade SIM (15 degrees)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 Black 70 TX (at 43" and tipped 1")

UDI: *** Under Construction ***

Irons: TaylorMade P-7MC 4-PW (1 degree upright)

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Tour 120 X

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore Tour Rack (Raw) 52.10, 56.12 & 60.12

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Wedge 125

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Mid-Slant (at 34")

> @GolfBum82 said:

> > @Golf64 said:

> > Was just at TM HQ today, not new irons planed for next year. 730 are discontinued.

>

> Again, hard to believe the tiger line is going to be the only blade at 2,000 a set. I have a feeling something is planned

I wonder if they will convert the P7TW line to another name and non-tiger specs. It would serve 2 purposes: (1) Get a superior blade in the line at more normalized pricing; (2) get it in the hands of their other tour players without the TW moniker.

Probably not.

> @Rig14Port said:

> There will surely be a new blade offering in the spring and I would think a gen2 version of the P760 as well.

>

> The P7TW are not a "traditional consumer blade" and I highly doubt they would leave this in as the only blade offering, especially at the premium price point. The CG location, shaping, next to nothing offset, blade size/length progression, are NOT comparable to retail blade offerings from other OEM's. They would also never put these on the shelves of the big box stores.

>

> P760 is do for a refresh as well. I think the progressive set with speedfoam concept is homerun but they missed a little on the execution. The feel of the 760 left a LOT to be desired and probably sent most consumer towards purchasing the P790 instead. I don't believe they've been an extremely successful line.

I own both the P730 and P7TW. The P7TW is a far more consumer friendly blade in terms of playability and looks. CG is a little higher on the TW, but the groove configuration results in a ball that flights upward with a little more spin. I found them to be far more playable than the P730, which were much more demanding than I had expected.

I agree with all the concerns on price, but remember that TaylorMade wasn't even sure they were going to release an updated blade again just before the P730 came to be. With that in mind, it makes no sense for them to have two MB irons in the lineup only 3 years later. With Rory talking about testing the P7TW and considering gaming them, not to mention Kaymer and Fleetwood playing them, there's no real marketing reason for them to have another blade, either.

• Like 1

TaylorMade Stealth2 Plus 9.0, Ventus Black 6X, 45.5"

TaylorMade Stealth2 Plus 4 (16.5), HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 6.5 70g, 42.5"

TaylorMade P790 3 (2021), DG X100 (SSx2)

TaylorMade P7MC Raw 4-PW, DG Mid X100 (SSx1)
TaylorMade MG4 50, 54 - DG S400

Titleist SM9 58T - DG S400
Scotty Cameron Oil Can Newport, 34"
TaylorMade TP5x (2021)

My WITB Post

> @GolfBum82 said:

> > @Golf64 said:

> > Was just at TM HQ today, not new irons planeds for next year. 730 are discontinued.

>

> Again, hard to believe the tiger line is going to be the only blade at 2,000 a set. I have a feeling something is planned

There is a new players iron being released in Jan/feb of 2020

> @Lenny2 said:

> > @GolfBum82 said:

> > > @Golf64 said:

> > > Was just at TM HQ today, not new irons planeds for next year. 730 are discontinued.

> >

> > Again, hard to believe the tiger line is going to be the only blade at 2,000 a set. I have a feeling something is planned

>

> There is a new players iron being released in Jan/feb of 2020

If launching in Jan/Feb I would assume leaks would be coming shortly?

> @jll62 said:

> > @mBiden2 said:

> > > @GolfBum82 said:

> > > I saw that online as well. You can’t order the 730 or 750 custom anymore? Weird

> >

> > You haven’t been able to order the 750 custom for over a year. The 730s just fell off the custom order list. Definitely means that there’s a new MB coming, which I find strange cause of the P7TWs

> >

>

> That's the thing. Because the P7TW exist, the 730 falling off the custom list doesn't necessarily mean there's a new MB coming. It seems plausible to me, perhaps likely, that the P7TW remains as the only MB in the lineup. There's certainly no reason for them to have two.

Did they ever get enough P7tw to fill an order ? As in 3-Pw? My shop still has a 4-Pw set in box that hasn’t sold and an order in for a 3 iron that hasn’t filled. That was around 3 months ago. Maybe going on 4. I know because I’m still willing to buy that set if the 3 iron ever shows and they discount them to blow out old stock.

• Like 1

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @bladehunter said:

> > @jll62 said:

> > > @mBiden2 said:

> > > > @GolfBum82 said:

> > > > I saw that online as well. You can’t order the 730 or 750 custom anymore? Weird

> > >

> > > You haven’t been able to order the 750 custom for over a year. The 730s just fell off the custom order list. Definitely means that there’s a new MB coming, which I find strange cause of the P7TWs

> > >

> >

> > That's the thing. Because the P7TW exist, the 730 falling off the custom list doesn't necessarily mean there's a new MB coming. It seems plausible to me, perhaps likely, that the P7TW remains as the only MB in the lineup. There's certainly no reason for them to have two.

>

> Did they ever get enough P7tw to fill an order ? As in 3-Pw? My shop still has a 4-Pw set in box that hasn’t sold and an order in for a 3 iron that hasn’t filled. That was around 3 months ago. Maybe going on 4. I know because I’m still willing to buy that set if the 3 iron ever shows and they discount them to blow out old stock.

That's odd because if you build a 3-PW set on the TaylorMade website with DG TI shafts and TV Cord grips everything is in stock and ready to ship in a week.

TaylorMade Stealth 2 9.0 Fujikura Ventus Black 6X
TaylorMade Stealth 2 Plus 3 Wood Fujikura Ventus Black 7X
TaylorMade P790 UDI 2 Iron HZRDUS Black 6.5

TaylorMade P790 3 Iron Dynamic Gold X100

TaylorMade P770 4 Iron Dynamic Gold X100
TaylorMade P7MC 5-PW Dynamic Gold X100
TaylorMade MG Raw 52 & Hi-Toe 3 Raw 58 Dynamic Gold TI S400
TaylorMade Spider X Hydro Blast Slant Neck
Taylormade TP5x

> @Lenny2 said:

> > @GolfBum82 said:

> > > @Golf64 said:

> > > Was just at TM HQ today, not new irons planeds for next year. 730 are discontinued.

> >

> > Again, hard to believe the tiger line is going to be the only blade at 2,000 a set. I have a feeling something is planned

>

> There is a new players iron being released in Jan/feb of 2020

Is it another blade offering or more like a 750?

> @TK3309 said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @jll62 said:

> > > > @mBiden2 said:

> > > > > I saw that online as well. You can’t order the 730 or 750 custom anymore? Weird

> > > >

> > > > You haven’t been able to order the 750 custom for over a year. The 730s just fell off the custom order list. Definitely means that there’s a new MB coming, which I find strange cause of the P7TWs

> > > >

> > >

> > > That's the thing. Because the P7TW exist, the 730 falling off the custom list doesn't necessarily mean there's a new MB coming. It seems plausible to me, perhaps likely, that the P7TW remains as the only MB in the lineup. There's certainly no reason for them to have two.

> >

> > Did they ever get enough P7tw to fill an order ? As in 3-Pw? My shop still has a 4-Pw set in box that hasn’t sold and an order in for a 3 iron that hasn’t filled. That was around 3 months ago. Maybe going on 4. I know because I’m still willing to buy that set if the 3 iron ever shows and they discount them to blow out old stock.

>

> That's odd because if you build a 3-PW set on the TaylorMade website with DG TI shafts and TV Cord grips everything is in stock and ready to ship in a week.

You trust that site?

> @TK3309 said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @jll62 said:

> > > > @mBiden2 said:

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> > Did they ever get enough P7tw to fill an order ? As in 3-Pw? My shop still has a 4-Pw set in box that hasn’t sold and an order in for a 3 iron that hasn’t filled. That was around 3 months ago. Maybe going on 4. I know because I’m still willing to buy that set if the 3 iron ever shows and they discount them to blow out old stock.

>

> That's odd because if you build a 3-PW set on the TaylorMade website with DG TI shafts and TV Cord grips everything is in stock and ready to ship in a week.

Maybe so. I haven’t tried to build a set in a couple months. At that point you couldn’t get anything in a week. Much less a set with 3 iron.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

I know it's a bit off topic but curious what the M5 replacement will be. I miss TM's older, less gimmicky looking players cast cavity backs, like the rac LT or even the SLDR's that I play.

• Like 1

Ping G410 Plus 10.5

Ping G410 5 Wood 

Ping G430 22* Hybrid 

Titleist U*505 ('23) 4i

TaylorMade P790 ('23) 5-AW

Taylor Made MG4 56*
Titleist SM8 60*

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 7.5

TaylorMade TP5x Pix

Vessel Lite Lux

• 2 weeks later...

> @titleless_30 said:

> Just got any email from our Tailor-made rep saying that there are no more custom 730 orders being filled, which means there's got to be a replacement coming.

Agree on this. I was actually looking to order some P730s on TGW and they are no longer available.

Titleist TSR3 1w Ventus Red x

Titleist TSR2 3w 5w GD AD DIx

Titleist TSR2 4h 5h GD AD Dix

Titleist T100 6i-9i X100 Tour

Titleist SM09 Pw-Lw S400 Tour

Titleist Pro V1 White Hot OG5

> @uglande said:

> > @titleless_30 said:

> > Just got any email from our Tailor-made rep saying that there are no more custom 730 orders being filled, which means there's got to be a replacement coming.

>

> Agree on this. I was actually looking to order some P730s on TGW and they are no longer available.

>

>

I’m thinking the P7TW will be the replacement now for the P730s.

> @TheMoneyShot said:

> > @uglande said:

> > > @titleless_30 said:

> > > Just got any email from our Tailor-made rep saying that there are no more custom 730 orders being filled, which means there's got to be a replacement coming.

> >

> > Agree on this. I was actually looking to order some P730s on TGW and they are no longer available.

> >

> >

>

> I’m thinking the P7TW will be the replacement now for the P730s.

I would definitely consider P7TWs if they were made available with custom options and a la cart (and, ideally, with a lower price tag). Paying $250/club with limited customization and being forced to buy the full 8-club set ... that's only realistic for collectors.

Titleist TSR3 1w Ventus Red x

Titleist TSR2 3w 5w GD AD DIx

Titleist TSR2 4h 5h GD AD Dix

Titleist T100 6i-9i X100 Tour

Titleist SM09 Pw-Lw S400 Tour

Titleist Pro V1 White Hot OG5

It seems like Tiger blades losing the tiger branding and some other small change (offset difference/slight blade length change something) at a lower price point could easily replace 730. Then add in a true no speed foam CB and a true combo set like Callaway does with apex (different lofts) to blend the CB and P790 would make the most sense.

I know others on tour are now playing them but it still seems like it would be weird to see a Rory/Fleeteood/Tiger pairing and have all three playing Tigers clubs.