Jump to content

** OFFICIAL REVIEW: MITSUBISHI MMT Iron Shafts ***** FINAL REVIEW Post #2 is UP


J13

Recommended Posts

> @noodle3872 said:

> I spent some time on the phone with Jordan from Mitsubishi. Based on the feedback Jordan gave me, I’m going to try the MMT .370 tip in my hybrid. I’m told it should launch a touch higher than the equivalent weight OTh with a hair more spin and tighter feel. I also called Nippon about their G.O.S.T. Hybrid shaft. While it follows the Modus 105 bend profile in equivalent flex, the hybrid shaft will launch lower and spin less than the 105.

 

Makes sense and interesting about the Nippon. And one thing I learned a long time ago was launch profile are kinda nonsense. It all comes down to the user and how they load a shaft.

Callaway Epic Max LS / Fuji Ventus Black 7X                  

Callaway Epic Speed 15* / Fuji Ventus Blue 8X               

Cally Mav Pro 20*  / Fuji Ventus Black 10TX

Honma 737V / Mitsubishi MMT 125TX

Cally MD5 50*,54*,60* / Mitsu MMT 125TX

Odyssey Versa #6




 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

> @J13 said:

> > @noodle3872 said:

> > I spent some time on the phone with Jordan from Mitsubishi. Based on the feedback Jordan gave me, I’m going to try the MMT .370 tip in my hybrid. I’m told it should launch a touch higher than the equivalent weight OTh with a hair more spin and tighter feel. I also called Nippon about their G.O.S.T. Hybrid shaft. While it follows the Modus 105 bend profile in equivalent flex, the hybrid shaft will launch lower and spin less than the 105.

>

> Makes sense and interesting about the Nippon. And one thing I learned a long time ago was launch profile are kinda nonsense. It all comes down to the user and how they load a shaft.

 

I agree about profile/launch/spin being user dependent. Given my love for my Modus 105 iron shafts I was leaning towards the G.O.S.T. but stiffer, lower launch and less spin would be counterproductive for me. I’m taking a chance with the MMT since it is the lower cost option. It’s based on the blue board profile which jives well with my swing.

Callaway Epic Speed TD 10.5° driver Tensei Pro White 1K 60S

Callaway Epic Flash 15° fairway wood Tensei Pro Blue 70S

Callaway Epic Flash 18° hybrid MMT Hybrid 80S

Callaway Epic Flash 21° hybrid MMT Hybrid 90S

Mizuno JPX 921 Forged 4-PW & GW Modus3 Tour 120 S flex

Mizuno T20 Raw Wedge 50-07 Modus3 Tour 120 S flex

Mizuno T20 Raw Wedges 55-13 and 60-06 Modus3 125 Wedge

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport

Titleist Pro V1

Link to comment
Share on other sites

> @noodle3872 said:

> I spent some time on the phone with Jordan from Mitsubishi. Based on the feedback Jordan gave me, I’m going to try the MMT .370 tip in my hybrid. I’m told it should launch a touch higher than the equivalent weight OTh with a hair more spin and tighter feel. I also called Nippon about their G.O.S.T. Hybrid shaft. While it follows the Modus 105 bend profile in equivalent flex, the hybrid shaft will launch lower and spin less than the 105.

 

@noodle3872 so what did Jordan say about tipping on the .370 into hybrids? Just follow the recommendations they provide for irons, or tip more?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

> @J13 said:

> > @noodle3872 said:

> > I spent some time on the phone with Jordan from Mitsubishi. Based on the feedback Jordan gave me, I’m going to try the MMT .370 tip in my hybrid. I’m told it should launch a touch higher than the equivalent weight OTh with a hair more spin and tighter feel. I also called Nippon about their G.O.S.T. Hybrid shaft. While it follows the Modus 105 bend profile in equivalent flex, the hybrid shaft will launch lower and spin less than the 105.

>

> Makes sense and interesting about the Nippon. And one thing I learned a long time ago was launch profile are kinda nonsense. It all comes down to the user and how they load a shaft.

 

Launch profile is a good guide when fitting based on gamer results when testing on a place to start. At that point the results from the first shaft will help dictate profile and weight options as the fitting progresses. Gamer numbers are SO IMPORTANT on where to start on shaft profile/weight. The swing of the client will dictate where to start based on BALL FLIGHT...

Callaway Mavrik SZ 9.0 VA Composites Nemesys 65 04
Callaway Mavrik SZ 15 VA Composites Nemesys 75 04
Callaway Mavrik Pro Hybrid 18* Veylix Rome 888 S
Callaway 2019 Apex Pro DOT 4-PW Mits MMT 125 TX/ Vega Mizar Tour Oban CT 115 X
Odyssey WHP #3-Stability Tour, Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5, Toulon Long Island Garage-Stability Shaft
Callaway MD5 Jaws Tour Grey 50/54/58 and  Cobra Tour Versatile 50/54/58 Mitsubishi MMT 125TX Graphite
Lamkin Sonar Plus Wrap


WITB Link

Link to comment
Share on other sites

> @racmbs said:

> > @noodle3872 said:

> > I spent some time on the phone with Jordan from Mitsubishi. Based on the feedback Jordan gave me, I’m going to try the MMT .370 tip in my hybrid. I’m told it should launch a touch higher than the equivalent weight OTh with a hair more spin and tighter feel. I also called Nippon about their G.O.S.T. Hybrid shaft. While it follows the Modus 105 bend profile in equivalent flex, the hybrid shaft will launch lower and spin less than the 105.

>

> @noodle3872 so what did Jordan say about tipping on the .370 into hybrids? Just follow the recommendations they provide for irons, or tip more?

 

Yes, Jordan’s recommendation was to follow Mitsubishi’s recommendation on tipping. For my 19° hybrid, the shaft will be untipped/straight in installation.

Callaway Epic Speed TD 10.5° driver Tensei Pro White 1K 60S

Callaway Epic Flash 15° fairway wood Tensei Pro Blue 70S

Callaway Epic Flash 18° hybrid MMT Hybrid 80S

Callaway Epic Flash 21° hybrid MMT Hybrid 90S

Mizuno JPX 921 Forged 4-PW & GW Modus3 Tour 120 S flex

Mizuno T20 Raw Wedge 50-07 Modus3 Tour 120 S flex

Mizuno T20 Raw Wedges 55-13 and 60-06 Modus3 125 Wedge

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport

Titleist Pro V1

Link to comment
Share on other sites

> @noodle3872 said:

> > @racmbs said:

> > > @noodle3872 said:

> > > I spent some time on the phone with Jordan from Mitsubishi. Based on the feedback Jordan gave me, I’m going to try the MMT .370 tip in my hybrid. I’m told it should launch a touch higher than the equivalent weight OTh with a hair more spin and tighter feel. I also called Nippon about their G.O.S.T. Hybrid shaft. While it follows the Modus 105 bend profile in equivalent flex, the hybrid shaft will launch lower and spin less than the 105.

> >

> > @noodle3872 so what did Jordan say about tipping on the .370 into hybrids? Just follow the recommendations they provide for irons, or tip more?

>

> Yes, Jordan’s recommendation was to follow Mitsubishi’s recommendation on tipping. For my 19° hybrid, the shaft will be untipped/straight in installation.

 

Keep us posted, would love to hear how it performed for you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

> @racmbs said:

> > @noodle3872 said:

> > > @racmbs said:

> > > > @noodle3872 said:

> > > > I spent some time on the phone with Jordan from Mitsubishi. Based on the feedback Jordan gave me, I’m going to try the MMT .370 tip in my hybrid. I’m told it should launch a touch higher than the equivalent weight OTh with a hair more spin and tighter feel. I also called Nippon about their G.O.S.T. Hybrid shaft. While it follows the Modus 105 bend profile in equivalent flex, the hybrid shaft will launch lower and spin less than the 105.

> > >

> > > @noodle3872 so what did Jordan say about tipping on the .370 into hybrids? Just follow the recommendations they provide for irons, or tip more?

> >

> > Yes, Jordan’s recommendation was to follow Mitsubishi’s recommendation on tipping. For my 19° hybrid, the shaft will be untipped/straight in installation.

>

> Keep us posted, would love to hear how it performed for you.

 

I'll second that

Callaway Epic Max LS / Fuji Ventus Black 7X                  

Callaway Epic Speed 15* / Fuji Ventus Blue 8X               

Cally Mav Pro 20*  / Fuji Ventus Black 10TX

Honma 737V / Mitsubishi MMT 125TX

Cally MD5 50*,54*,60* / Mitsu MMT 125TX

Odyssey Versa #6




 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Got another round in today with the Epons and Cobra MMT combo. Shot well and wedges were on point and irons were SOOO GOOD!! Again, cannot explain the feel except that at NO POINT do I feel the lack of a steel shaft is ever an issue with the performance of the club and the ball flies straighter, goes the same distances, spins the same, holds the greens, checks hard when I hit those shots, etc etc etc. I do feel quite a bit less fatigue after the round with the MMT's and still have yet to find any cons, not even one, with the shafts. I ordered another set of shafts for the MD5 wedges now and will be updating on those too.

I keep having guys hit the clubs to get feedback on the shafts, and to a man, they all love the feel and are amazed they are graphite and FEEL the way they do. They always mention they are surprised they are so easy to feel the weight in the shaft, vs other graphite that they lose that feel. If anyone is thinking that this something they want to try, I would suggest getting one in the weight you prefer and see if it is a great option for you.

 

  • Like 1

Callaway Mavrik SZ 9.0 VA Composites Nemesys 65 04
Callaway Mavrik SZ 15 VA Composites Nemesys 75 04
Callaway Mavrik Pro Hybrid 18* Veylix Rome 888 S
Callaway 2019 Apex Pro DOT 4-PW Mits MMT 125 TX/ Vega Mizar Tour Oban CT 115 X
Odyssey WHP #3-Stability Tour, Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5, Toulon Long Island Garage-Stability Shaft
Callaway MD5 Jaws Tour Grey 50/54/58 and  Cobra Tour Versatile 50/54/58 Mitsubishi MMT 125TX Graphite
Lamkin Sonar Plus Wrap


WITB Link

Link to comment
Share on other sites

When I was talking to Jordan from Mitsubishi, he commented how the MMT’s feel unlike other graphite iron shafts. He said for him its the stability in the lower third of the shaft where the metal mesh is positioned where other graphite shafts he has used feel hollow in comparison. My interpretation of Jordan’s comment is the shaft has a dense feel at contact that mirrors a high quality steel iron shaft but with the dampening benefits of graphite. Prior to using the OTh shafts, I use to play DG S300 in my hybrid. If the MMT’s marry the best of steel with the best of graphite and gives me mid launch and spin, I’ll be tickled pink!

Callaway Epic Speed TD 10.5° driver Tensei Pro White 1K 60S

Callaway Epic Flash 15° fairway wood Tensei Pro Blue 70S

Callaway Epic Flash 18° hybrid MMT Hybrid 80S

Callaway Epic Flash 21° hybrid MMT Hybrid 90S

Mizuno JPX 921 Forged 4-PW & GW Modus3 Tour 120 S flex

Mizuno T20 Raw Wedge 50-07 Modus3 Tour 120 S flex

Mizuno T20 Raw Wedges 55-13 and 60-06 Modus3 125 Wedge

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport

Titleist Pro V1

Link to comment
Share on other sites

> @noodle3872 said:

> When I was talking to Jordan from Mitsubishi, he commented how the MMT’s feel unlike other graphite iron shafts. He said for him its the stability in the lower third of the shaft where the metal mesh is positioned where other ****graphite shafts he has used feel hollow in comparison****. My interpretation of Jordan’s comment is the shaft has a dense feel at contact that mirrors a high quality steel iron shaft but with the dampening benefits of graphite. Prior to using the OTh shafts, I use to play DG S300 in my hybrid. If the MMT’s marry the best of steel with the best of graphite and gives me mid launch and spin, I’ll be tickled pink!

 

this --- ****graphite shafts he has used feel hollow in comparison**** is the best way to describe it for me....it doesn't feel hollow or out of balance, more steel-like here, than any other graphite I have tried. the real deal here is truthfully, I don't need graphite...speed-wise, or any physical issues that demand graphite in the irons, but THESE are the cake with my favorite icing on top....I am still looking for any con's in the shafts, but on course testing and fitting testing proves there are none to date.

 

 

  • Like 1

Callaway Mavrik SZ 9.0 VA Composites Nemesys 65 04
Callaway Mavrik SZ 15 VA Composites Nemesys 75 04
Callaway Mavrik Pro Hybrid 18* Veylix Rome 888 S
Callaway 2019 Apex Pro DOT 4-PW Mits MMT 125 TX/ Vega Mizar Tour Oban CT 115 X
Odyssey WHP #3-Stability Tour, Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5, Toulon Long Island Garage-Stability Shaft
Callaway MD5 Jaws Tour Grey 50/54/58 and  Cobra Tour Versatile 50/54/58 Mitsubishi MMT 125TX Graphite
Lamkin Sonar Plus Wrap


WITB Link

Link to comment
Share on other sites

> @Chal said:

> Great review. I have also been considering graphite as my body feels constant pain from an auto accident. This may be a great new plan.

 

Thanks and put it this way. MMT's will without a doubt be less work on the body and the exact reason why I was open to graphite. The performance stuff was the icing on the cake.

Callaway Epic Max LS / Fuji Ventus Black 7X                  

Callaway Epic Speed 15* / Fuji Ventus Blue 8X               

Cally Mav Pro 20*  / Fuji Ventus Black 10TX

Honma 737V / Mitsubishi MMT 125TX

Cally MD5 50*,54*,60* / Mitsu MMT 125TX

Odyssey Versa #6




 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

> @"tmb guy" said:

> can anyone gaming especially in the 105 weight compare to steelfiber 110 or 95 ive played both currently using 95r hardstepped 1x and before 110 ss1x anyfeedback would be appreciated

>

 

Been testing MMT 105 "S" against Steelfiber i95cw and i110cw and LZ in 6 irons. I am probably older than most but no physical isses that necessiate graphite. Just considering how less pounding feels. When I was first introduced to i95cw "S" I thought they were outstanding, and they are, similar feeling to my old PX 6.0 and "S" has been strong enough. But without a doubt, MMT 105 overall feels and performs better than Steelfiber, tips feel nice at impact, also MMT has a slightly higher trajectory yet my ball behaves on fast greens and can hit boring punch shots into wind.

 

Still haven't decided though. What I know is the PX LZ shafts in my new 620MB/CB heads are nice but don't fit with my swing. I suspect Its either MMT 105 "S" or back to PX 5.5 shafts. MMT 105 "S" is as light as I can go with my swing.

  • Like 1
  • Titleist TS2 @10.25', Ventus 5 Series S
  • Titleist TS2 @16', Ventus 6 Series S
  • Titleist 718 T-MB 2i - Tensei AV White S
  • Titleist 620 Series 3-4i Tensei AV White S
  • Titleist 620 Series 5-PW - MMT 125S
  • SM6 F-52/8 - MMT 125S
  • SM6 M-58/8 - MMT 125S
  • SC CA Monterey
  • DASH-ProV1x & AVX
Link to comment
Share on other sites

> @Pepperturbo said:

> > @"tmb guy" said:

> > can anyone gaming especially in the 105 weight compare to steelfiber 110 or 95 ive played both currently using 95r hardstepped 1x and before 110 ss1x anyfeedback would be appreciated

> >

>

> Been testing MMT 105 "S" against Steelfiber i95cw and i110cw and LZ in 6 irons. I am probably older than most but no physical isses that necessiate graphite. Just considering how less pounding feels. When I was first introduced to i95cw "S" I thought they were outstanding, and they are, similar feeling to my old PX 6.0 and "S" has been strong enough. But without a doubt, MMT 105 overall feels and performs better than Steelfiber, tips feel nice at impact, also MMT has a slightly higher trajectory yet my ball behaves on fast greens and can hit boring punch shots into wind.

>

> Still haven't decided though. What I know is the PX LZ shafts in my new 620MB/CB heads are nice but don't fit with my swing. I suspect Its either MMT 105 "S" or PXi 112g 6.0 shafts. MMT 105 "S" is as light as I can go with my swing.

 

Glad to hear you are enjoying the MMT's, they really feel out of this world don't they. Even though I love the 125TX I hope at some point they release a 120 stiff as it would fit so many more players.

Callaway Epic Max LS / Fuji Ventus Black 7X                  

Callaway Epic Speed 15* / Fuji Ventus Blue 8X               

Cally Mav Pro 20*  / Fuji Ventus Black 10TX

Honma 737V / Mitsubishi MMT 125TX

Cally MD5 50*,54*,60* / Mitsu MMT 125TX

Odyssey Versa #6




 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

> @J13 said:

> > @Pepperturbo said:

> > > @"tmb guy" said:

> > > can anyone gaming especially in the 105 weight compare to steelfiber 110 or 95 ive played both currently using 95r hardstepped 1x and before 110 ss1x anyfeedback would be appreciated

> > >

> >

> > Been testing MMT 105 "S" against Steelfiber i95cw and i110cw and LZ in 6 irons. I am probably older than most but no physical isses that necessiate graphite. Just considering how less pounding feels. When I was first introduced to i95cw "S" I thought they were outstanding, and they are, similar feeling to my old PX 6.0 and "S" has been strong enough. But without a doubt, MMT 105 overall feels and performs better than Steelfiber, tips feel nice at impact, also MMT has a slightly higher trajectory yet my ball behaves on fast greens and can hit boring punch shots into wind.

> >

> > Still haven't decided though. What I know is the PX LZ shafts in my new 620MB/CB heads are nice but don't fit with my swing. I suspect Its either MMT 105 "S" or PXi 112g 6.0 shafts. MMT 105 "S" is as light as I can go with my swing.

>

> Glad to hear you are enjoying the MMT's, they really feel out of this world don't they. Even though I love the 125TX I hope at some point they release a 120 stiff as it would fit so many more players.

 

Agree with this. With the limited options they have with this shaft, they aren't capturing a wide enough range of players.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

> @racmbs said:

> > @J13 said:

> > > @Pepperturbo said:

> > > > @"tmb guy" said:

> > > > can anyone gaming especially in the 105 weight compare to steelfiber 110 or 95 ive played both currently using 95r hardstepped 1x and before 110 ss1x anyfeedback would be appreciated

> > > >

> > >

> > > Been testing MMT 105 "S" against Steelfiber i95cw and i110cw and LZ in 6 irons. I am probably older than most but no physical isses that necessiate graphite. Just considering how less pounding feels. When I was first introduced to i95cw "S" I thought they were outstanding, and they are, similar feeling to my old PX 6.0 and "S" has been strong enough. But without a doubt, MMT 105 overall feels and performs better than Steelfiber, tips feel nice at impact, also MMT has a slightly higher trajectory yet my ball behaves on fast greens and can hit boring punch shots into wind.

> > >

> > > Still haven't decided though. What I know is the PX LZ shafts in my new 620MB/CB heads are nice but don't fit with my swing. I suspect Its either MMT 105 "S" or PXi 112g 6.0 shafts. MMT 105 "S" is as light as I can go with my swing.

> >

> > Glad to hear you are enjoying the MMT's, they really feel out of this world don't they. Even though I love the 125TX I hope at some point they release a 120 stiff as it would fit so many more players.

>

> Agree with this. With the limited options they have with this shaft, they aren't capturing a wide enough range of players.

 

I think the trend of lighter irons, lighter woods, lighter shafts is clearly driving the marketplace and R&D departments. With that said if graphite shafts are ever going to catch on with better players or players with driver swing speeds of over 95mph they need more options in the 120 Stiff range.

 

 

Mitsubishi MAKE IT HAPPEN FOR THESE GUYS!!!!!! The MMT's are too good not to be offered as a 120Stiff ! :-)

Callaway Epic Max LS / Fuji Ventus Black 7X                  

Callaway Epic Speed 15* / Fuji Ventus Blue 8X               

Cally Mav Pro 20*  / Fuji Ventus Black 10TX

Honma 737V / Mitsubishi MMT 125TX

Cally MD5 50*,54*,60* / Mitsu MMT 125TX

Odyssey Versa #6




 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

> @J13 said:

> > @Pepperturbo said:

> > > @"tmb guy" said:

> > > can anyone gaming especially in the 105 weight compare to steelfiber 110 or 95 ive played both currently using 95r hardstepped 1x and before 110 ss1x anyfeedback would be appreciated

> > >

> >

> > Been testing MMT 105 "S" against Steelfiber i95cw and i110cw and LZ in 6 irons. I am probably older than most but no physical isses that necessiate graphite. Just considering how less pounding feels. When I was first introduced to i95cw "S" I thought they were outstanding, and they are, similar feeling to my old PX 6.0 and "S" has been strong enough. But without a doubt, MMT 105 overall feels and performs better than Steelfiber, tips feel nice at impact, also MMT has a slightly higher trajectory yet my ball behaves on fast greens and can hit boring punch shots into wind.

> >

> > Still haven't decided though. What I know is the PX LZ shafts in my new 620MB/CB heads are nice but don't fit with my swing. I suspect Its either MMT 105 "S" or PX 5.5 shafts. MMT 105 "S" is as light as I can go with my swing.

>

> Glad to hear you are enjoying the MMT's, they really feel out of this world don't they. Even though I love the 125TX I hope at some point they **release a 120 stiff as it would fit so many more players**.

 

Exactly... I would be testing 120 "S" instead of the 105.

  • Titleist TS2 @10.25', Ventus 5 Series S
  • Titleist TS2 @16', Ventus 6 Series S
  • Titleist 718 T-MB 2i - Tensei AV White S
  • Titleist 620 Series 3-4i Tensei AV White S
  • Titleist 620 Series 5-PW - MMT 125S
  • SM6 F-52/8 - MMT 125S
  • SM6 M-58/8 - MMT 125S
  • SC CA Monterey
  • DASH-ProV1x & AVX
Link to comment
Share on other sites

> @Pepperturbo said:

> > @J13 said:

> > > @Pepperturbo said:

> > > > @"tmb guy" said:

> > > > can anyone gaming especially in the 105 weight compare to steelfiber 110 or 95 ive played both currently using 95r hardstepped 1x and before 110 ss1x anyfeedback would be appreciated

> > > >

> > >

> > > Been testing MMT 105 "S" against Steelfiber i95cw and i110cw and LZ in 6 irons. I am probably older than most but no physical isses that necessiate graphite. Just considering how less pounding feels. When I was first introduced to i95cw "S" I thought they were outstanding, and they are, similar feeling to my old PX 6.0 and "S" has been strong enough. But without a doubt, MMT 105 overall feels and performs better than Steelfiber, tips feel nice at impact, also MMT has a slightly higher trajectory yet my ball behaves on fast greens and can hit boring punch shots into wind.

> > >

> > > Still haven't decided though. What I know is the PX LZ shafts in my new 620MB/CB heads are nice but don't fit with my swing. I suspect Its either MMT 105 "S" or PX 5.5 shafts. MMT 105 "S" is as light as I can go with my swing.

> >

> > Glad to hear you are enjoying the MMT's, they really feel out of this world don't they. Even though I love the 125TX I hope at some point they **release a 120 stiff as it would fit so many more players**.

>

> Exactly... I would be testing 120 "S" instead of the 105.

 

No doubt. People can soft step the 125TX but it's still not the same as a stiff offering. Sounds like the 105 is doing well for ya though. Keep us updated

Callaway Epic Max LS / Fuji Ventus Black 7X                  

Callaway Epic Speed 15* / Fuji Ventus Blue 8X               

Cally Mav Pro 20*  / Fuji Ventus Black 10TX

Honma 737V / Mitsubishi MMT 125TX

Cally MD5 50*,54*,60* / Mitsu MMT 125TX

Odyssey Versa #6




 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Agree - soft-s> @J13 said:

> > @Pepperturbo said:

> > > @J13 said:

> > > > @Pepperturbo said:

> > > > > @"tmb guy" said:

> > > > > can anyone gaming especially in the 105 weight compare to steelfiber 110 or 95 ive played both currently using 95r hardstepped 1x and before 110 ss1x anyfeedback would be appreciated

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Been testing MMT 105 "S" against Steelfiber i95cw and i110cw and LZ in 6 irons. I am probably older than most but no physical isses that necessiate graphite. Just considering how less pounding feels. When I was first introduced to i95cw "S" I thought they were outstanding, and they are, similar feeling to my old PX 6.0 and "S" has been strong enough. But without a doubt, MMT 105 overall feels and performs better than Steelfiber, tips feel nice at impact, also MMT has a slightly higher trajectory yet my ball behaves on fast greens and can hit boring punch shots into wind.

> > > >

> > > > Still haven't decided though. What I know is the PX LZ shafts in my new 620MB/CB heads are nice but don't fit with my swing. I suspect Its either MMT 105 "S" or PX 5.5 shafts. MMT 105 "S" is as light as I can go with my swing.

> > >

> > > Glad to hear you are enjoying the MMT's, they really feel out of this world don't they. Even though I love the 125TX I hope at some point they **release a 120 stiff as it would fit so many more players**.

> >

> > Exactly... I would be testing 120 "S" instead of the 105.

>

> No doubt. Ideally people can soft step the 125TX but it's still not the same as a stiff offering. Sounds like the 105 is doing well for ya though. Keep us updated

 

Agree - Soft-stepping has it's advantages but its purpose is not to take "TX" flex down to "S". Though I probably would't switch from 105 "S" to 120 "S", for the sake of the market I hope they introduce them. I have a few more days of testing MMT 105 "S" and will likely pull the trigger on the full set of shafts. Grr.. when I combine the cost of MMT shafts with the cost of my new irons, total is over 2k. Never thought I'd spend that much.

  • Titleist TS2 @10.25', Ventus 5 Series S
  • Titleist TS2 @16', Ventus 6 Series S
  • Titleist 718 T-MB 2i - Tensei AV White S
  • Titleist 620 Series 3-4i Tensei AV White S
  • Titleist 620 Series 5-PW - MMT 125S
  • SM6 F-52/8 - MMT 125S
  • SM6 M-58/8 - MMT 125S
  • SC CA Monterey
  • DASH-ProV1x & AVX
Link to comment
Share on other sites

> @Pepperturbo said:

> Agree - soft-s> @J13 said:

> > > @Pepperturbo said:

> > > > @J13 said:

> > > > > @Pepperturbo said:

> > > > > > @"tmb guy" said:

> > > > > > can anyone gaming especially in the 105 weight compare to steelfiber 110 or 95 ive played both currently using 95r hardstepped 1x and before 110 ss1x anyfeedback would be appreciated

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Been testing MMT 105 "S" against Steelfiber i95cw and i110cw and LZ in 6 irons. I am probably older than most but no physical isses that necessiate graphite. Just considering how less pounding feels. When I was first introduced to i95cw "S" I thought they were outstanding, and they are, similar feeling to my old PX 6.0 and "S" has been strong enough. But without a doubt, MMT 105 overall feels and performs better than Steelfiber, tips feel nice at impact, also MMT has a slightly higher trajectory yet my ball behaves on fast greens and can hit boring punch shots into wind.

> > > > >

> > > > > Still haven't decided though. What I know is the PX LZ shafts in my new 620MB/CB heads are nice but don't fit with my swing. I suspect Its either MMT 105 "S" or PX 5.5 shafts. MMT 105 "S" is as light as I can go with my swing.

> > > >

> > > > Glad to hear you are enjoying the MMT's, they really feel out of this world don't they. Even though I love the 125TX I hope at some point they **release a 120 stiff as it would fit so many more players**.

> > >

> > > Exactly... I would be testing 120 "S" instead of the 105.

> >

> > No doubt. Ideally people can soft step the 125TX but it's still not the same as a stiff offering. Sounds like the 105 is doing well for ya though. Keep us updated

>

> Agree - Soft-stepping has it's advantages but its purpose is not to take "TX" flex down to "S". Though I probably would't switch from 105 "S" to 120 "S", for the sake of the market I hope they introduce them. I have a few more days of testing MMT 105 "S" and will likely pull the trigger on the full set of shafts. Grr.. when I combine the cost of MMT shafts with the cost of my new irons, total is over 2k. Never thought I'd spend that much.

 

Yeah golf clubs aren't getting any less expensive that's for sure. Soon we will be dropping $800 on drivers

Callaway Epic Max LS / Fuji Ventus Black 7X                  

Callaway Epic Speed 15* / Fuji Ventus Blue 8X               

Cally Mav Pro 20*  / Fuji Ventus Black 10TX

Honma 737V / Mitsubishi MMT 125TX

Cally MD5 50*,54*,60* / Mitsu MMT 125TX

Odyssey Versa #6




 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

> @rchalpu98 said:

> This is an excellent review. I am looking at graphite this year myself. Thanks for such thorough information.

 

My pleasure, glad to help.

Callaway Epic Max LS / Fuji Ventus Black 7X                  

Callaway Epic Speed 15* / Fuji Ventus Blue 8X               

Cally Mav Pro 20*  / Fuji Ventus Black 10TX

Honma 737V / Mitsubishi MMT 125TX

Cally MD5 50*,54*,60* / Mitsu MMT 125TX

Odyssey Versa #6




 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

> @Pepperturbo said:

> > @"tmb guy" said:

> > can anyone gaming especially in the 105 weight compare to steelfiber 110 or 95 ive played both currently using 95r hardstepped 1x and before 110 ss1x anyfeedback would be appreciated

> >

>

> Been testing MMT 105 "S" against Steelfiber i95cw and i110cw and LZ in 6 irons. I am probably older than most but no physical isses that necessiate graphite. Just considering how less pounding feels. When I was first introduced to i95cw "S" I thought they were outstanding, and they are, similar feeling to my old PX 6.0 and "S" has been strong enough. But without a doubt, MMT 105 overall feels and performs better than Steelfiber, tips feel nice at impact, also MMT has a slightly higher trajectory yet my ball behaves on fast greens and can hit boring punch shots into wind.

>

> Still haven't decided though. What I know is the PX LZ shafts in my new 620MB/CB heads are nice but don't fit with my swing. I suspect Its either MMT 105 "S" or back to PX 5.5 shafts. MMT 105 "S" is as light as I can go with my swing.

 

thanks for the feedback how do you compare overall stiffness of the 105 vs the 95-110 i generally soft step the 110 and right now i have 95r hardstepped would you think the 105ss1x would be in the range thanks for the help

Link to comment
Share on other sites

> @andfri said:

> Is there also a MMT Hybrid shaft upcoming?

 

The parallel tip MMT is a .370 tip which will fit a hybrid. I have a hybrid being build with a 90 Stiff .370 MMT.

Callaway Epic Speed TD 10.5° driver Tensei Pro White 1K 60S

Callaway Epic Flash 15° fairway wood Tensei Pro Blue 70S

Callaway Epic Flash 18° hybrid MMT Hybrid 80S

Callaway Epic Flash 21° hybrid MMT Hybrid 90S

Mizuno JPX 921 Forged 4-PW & GW Modus3 Tour 120 S flex

Mizuno T20 Raw Wedge 50-07 Modus3 Tour 120 S flex

Mizuno T20 Raw Wedges 55-13 and 60-06 Modus3 125 Wedge

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport

Titleist Pro V1

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was testing the Modus 105s a few days ago and was quite impressed with how stable and solid they felt through the hit, in comparing against my 120x.

 

I'm still waiting on word for my demo 105s and 105tx in the MMT's, so will share some feedback once I've had a chance to get them installed and tested before Christmas, hopefully.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My MMT shafted hybrid will be in hand on Tuesday. I’m heading right to the range when it arrives. To say I am excited is an understatement!

  • Like 1

Callaway Epic Speed TD 10.5° driver Tensei Pro White 1K 60S

Callaway Epic Flash 15° fairway wood Tensei Pro Blue 70S

Callaway Epic Flash 18° hybrid MMT Hybrid 80S

Callaway Epic Flash 21° hybrid MMT Hybrid 90S

Mizuno JPX 921 Forged 4-PW & GW Modus3 Tour 120 S flex

Mizuno T20 Raw Wedge 50-07 Modus3 Tour 120 S flex

Mizuno T20 Raw Wedges 55-13 and 60-06 Modus3 125 Wedge

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport

Titleist Pro V1

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Got another round in and outside of me not making a great turn on the irons, they were a bit left today, but straight(no curvature) and pin high!! LOL! Trajectory was great as usual and the distance was right on my normal yardages. I have gotten so comfortable with the MMT's that I don't even think about the shaft at all any more. I am still feeling less fatigue after the rounds and still haven't found a 'con' about these iron shafts. They keep performing as expected in irons and wedges consistently. Nice to hear about others starting to test them more, they are going to be an option for anyone who wants a shaft easier on the body and doesn't want to see any performance or feel fall off by switching to a graphite shaft.

  • Like 1

Callaway Mavrik SZ 9.0 VA Composites Nemesys 65 04
Callaway Mavrik SZ 15 VA Composites Nemesys 75 04
Callaway Mavrik Pro Hybrid 18* Veylix Rome 888 S
Callaway 2019 Apex Pro DOT 4-PW Mits MMT 125 TX/ Vega Mizar Tour Oban CT 115 X
Odyssey WHP #3-Stability Tour, Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5, Toulon Long Island Garage-Stability Shaft
Callaway MD5 Jaws Tour Grey 50/54/58 and  Cobra Tour Versatile 50/54/58 Mitsubishi MMT 125TX Graphite
Lamkin Sonar Plus Wrap


WITB Link

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I may have asked before (can't remember!) but has anyone compared these to the OT Tour iron shafts?

 

DR: Taylormade M5 9* + Diamana R50x @ 47 3/4".

FW: Mizuno ST190 TS 15* + Diamana BF70tx @ 43".
HY: Taylormade Aeroburner TP 22* + White Tie HX4 @ 40 1/2".
Irons: Taylormade R9 Forged 5i-PW + Quadra 100i Pro x.
Wedges: Cleveland RTX3 52*/58* + Modus 130.
Putter: SeeMore SB1 + Accra FX300.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

 

> @ian-500 said:

> I may have asked before (can't remember!) but has anyone compared these to the OT Tour iron shafts?

 

People have talked about it in the thread, not sure the page though.

Callaway Epic Max LS / Fuji Ventus Black 7X                  

Callaway Epic Speed 15* / Fuji Ventus Blue 8X               

Cally Mav Pro 20*  / Fuji Ventus Black 10TX

Honma 737V / Mitsubishi MMT 125TX

Cally MD5 50*,54*,60* / Mitsu MMT 125TX

Odyssey Versa #6




 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

> @"Dscvrr St Louis" said:

> Got another round in and outside of me not making a great turn on the irons, they were a bit left today, but straight(no curvature) and pin high!! LOL! Trajectory was great as usual and the distance was right on my normal yardages. I have gotten so comfortable with the MMT's that I don't even think about the shaft at all any more. I am still feeling less fatigue after the rounds and still haven't found a 'con' about these iron shafts. They keep performing as expected in irons and wedges consistently. Nice to hear about others starting to test them more, they are going to be an option for anyone who wants a shaft easier on the body and doesn't want to see any performance or feel fall off by switching to a graphite shaft.

 

Love to hear this. My season is a wrap but look forward to spring when i get dial things in.

Callaway Epic Max LS / Fuji Ventus Black 7X                  

Callaway Epic Speed 15* / Fuji Ventus Blue 8X               

Cally Mav Pro 20*  / Fuji Ventus Black 10TX

Honma 737V / Mitsubishi MMT 125TX

Cally MD5 50*,54*,60* / Mitsu MMT 125TX

Odyssey Versa #6




 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Our picks

    • 2021 Fortinet Championship - Discussion and Links
      Please put and questions or comments here
       
       
      2021 Fortinet Championship - Tuesday #1
      2021 Fortinet Championship - Tuesday #2
      2021 Fortinet Championship - Tuesday #3
      2021 Fortinet Championship - Tuesday #4
      2021 Fortinet Championship - Tuesday #5
      2021 Fortinet Championship - Tuesday #6
      2021 Fortinet Championship - Tuesday #7
      2021 Fortinet Championship - Tuesday #8
       
       
      New Ping putter - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      New Bettinardi putters & Cover - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Ping Putters - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Odyssey putters - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Cameron putter and new ball marker - 2021 Fortinet Championship
       
       
      Sneds - WITB - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Peter Uihlein - WITB - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Charles Howell, III - WITB - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Scott Piercy - WITB - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Brandan Steele - WITB - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Mito Pereira - WITB - 2021 Fortinet Championship
      Kevin Tway - WITB -2021 Fortinet Championship
      Joseph Bramlett - WITB - 2021 Fortinet Championship
       
       
       
      • 18 replies
    • 2021 Tour Championship - Discussion and Comments
      Please put any questions or comments here
       
       
       
       
      Odyssey putters - 2021 Tour Championship
      LA Golf putter shafts - 2021 Tour Championship
       
       
       
      • 25 replies
    • 2021 BMW Championship - Discussion and Links
      Put any questions of comments here
       
       
      2021 BMW Championship - Tuesday #1
      2021 BMW Championship - Tuesday #2
      2021 BMW Championship - Tuesday #3
      2021 BMW Championship - Tuesday #4
      2021 BMW Championship - Tuesday #5
      2021 BMW Championship - Tuesday #6
      2021 BMW Championship - Tuesday #7
       
       
      Cameron T-11 & T-11.5 putters at 2021 BMW Championship
      Mizuno Pro FliHi and 225 irons - 2021 BMW CHampionship
       
       
       
      • 18 replies
    • 2021 Ping i59 irons & Glide Forged wedges in hand comparison pics!!!
      In hand pics of the new 2021 Ping i59 irons and Glide Forged wedges...
       

       
      Ping i59 7 iron
       

       
       
      Ping i59 PW
       

       
      Ping i59 Comparison Photos

       

       

       

       
       
       
       
      PING Glide Forged Wedges

       
      Ping Glide Eye Toe Wedge
       
        • Thanks
        • Like
      • 99 replies
    • 2021 The Northern Trust - Discussion and Links
      Please put any questions or comments here
       
       
       
      2021 The Northern Trust - Tuesday #1
      2021 The Northern Trust - Tuesday #2
      2021 The Northern Trust - Tuesday #3
      2021 The Northern Trust - Tuesday #4
      2021 The Northern Trust - Tuesday #5
      2021 The Northern Trust - Tuesday #6
      2021 The Northern Trust - Tuesday #7
       
       
      New Cameron for JT - 2021 The Northern Trust
      New Cameron putters for Garrick Higgo - 2021 The Northern Trust
      New Odyssey putter covers - 2021 The Northern Trust
       
       
      • 6 replies

×
×
  • Create New...