** OFFICIAL REVIEW: MITSUBISHI MMT Iron Shafts ***** FINAL REVIEW Post #2 is UP

J13

Given the scarcity of demo shafts I think lots of people are interested in any/all feedback.

Driver: Callaway Paradym TD -  Autoflex SF505X

3 Wood: Taylormade Sim2 Ti  - TourAD VR 7S

2 Srixon ZX Utility -  Mitsubishi MMT 105s

4 Hybrid: Titelist TSi2 - Kuro Kage 60s

PW-5:  Titelist T150 - Mitsubishi MMT 105s

Wedges: Titelist SM9 50,55,60  -  Mitsubishi MMT 105s

Putter: Evnroll ER2

Finally got my irons built and had a minute to hit them on my sim tonight. MMT 125TX shafts in tour issue 2019 Callaway Apex Pro double dot heads. Was previously playing Mizuno JPX 919 Tour with Modus 120X shafts. First thing I noticed with this new setup is how straight I hit them, line ball after line ball. Very tight dispersion. Feel is great, a very linear feeling shaft, smooth but very tight feeling. I was seeing launch angles 2-4 degrees higher across the board. I also saw spin was down almost 1000-1500 rpm from what Im used to seeing. Ive always been right around the 1000 rpm times the number on iron (ex. 6 iron spinning 6000 rpm). With this setup I was seeing 6 iron spinning 4500-5000 rpms. Not sure how comfortable I am with the drop in spin. Was still seeing good descent angles between 47-51 degrees due to the higher launch. Distances/swing speeds were also down a bit but im sure this had more to due with the cold weather (sim room is not heated) and winter rust from not swinging a club in the past couple months.

Driver:  Cobra Darkspeed LS 9* Tour 2.0 Black 65X

Fairway:  Ping G430 Max 14* Tour 2.0 Black 75X

Fairway:  Ping G430 Max 19.5* Tour 2.0 Black 75X

Irons:  PXG 0317 CB 5-GW KBS Tour 130X

Wedge: Ping Glide 4.0 54S Modus 125W

Wedge: Ping Glide 4.0 58S Modus 125W

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: Titleist Pro V1

These things aren't replacing steel.

The distribution network for these shafts is so poor that these won't even sniff the production/adoption of what SteelFiber and UST Recoil already has.

These could be the best shafts since sliced bread, but customers aren't going to shell out $700 for a set of shafts prior to hitting them.

Theses shafts hit the market in the fall as the golf season for a lot of us winds down. I think plenty of golfers will find a lot to like in the MMT. I love the .370 version in my hybrid. Price is always a factor however I think if you need graphite shafts due to medical issues, these will gets some looks. Even if you don’t have medical issues, I’d be taking a look at the MMT.

Ping G430 Max 10K 10.5° driver - Diamana GT 60S

Ping G430 Max 15° #3 fairway - Diamana TB 70S

Ping G430 Max 21° #7 fairway - Diamana TB 80S

Ping G430 Max 26° #5 hybrid - MMTh 90S

Mizuno Pro 243 4-PW irons - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 48°-10S wedge - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 54°-10S and 60°-06X wedges - MMT Scoring Wedge 105S

Ping PLD Ally Blue 4

Titleist Pro V1x

If those numbers are the same outside you will be fine because of descent angle. Personally I see a difference in launch and spin indoors off a mat though.

Mine are in, sitting at my builders. I went 105S in 5-7 and 105tx in the 8-P. Putting them in some black new level heads.

Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi WITB Link

I understand the concern some are expressing about getting demo shafts but I think its pretty funny people are using price as a reason not to try these. No one thinks twice about dropping $500 on the hottest new driver shaft that you bought blind and that you might use 10 times a round, but then say that $600-800 is too much to spend for 6-8 shafts that you are going to use 35-50 times a round. And those 6-8 shafts will probably have more of an impact on your score than that 1 driver shaft that you spent almost the same amount of money on.

• Like 1

Driver:  Cobra Darkspeed LS 9* Tour 2.0 Black 65X

Fairway:  Ping G430 Max 14* Tour 2.0 Black 75X

Fairway:  Ping G430 Max 19.5* Tour 2.0 Black 75X

Irons:  PXG 0317 CB 5-GW KBS Tour 130X

Wedge: Ping Glide 4.0 54S Modus 125W

Wedge: Ping Glide 4.0 58S Modus 125W

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: Titleist Pro V1

You have to pay to have them built, most people do at least. You have to pay to have them taken back apart. And the used market is awful for iron shafts. I could go spend the going rate for the new Veylix with velacore or whatever the new hotness is and only be out shipping if I don’t like it after a week or two. I still have a set of recoil proto 125’s in my basement that ran me ~1000, the proto 110’s I have in a backup set cost me $200 on the BST a couple months later. Not arguing, just pointing out some differences in the overall cost difference. I do agree the importance of irons shafts that work for you, especially if you’ve got any physical reasons to try graphite.

Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi WITB Link

It's really nothing more than a math equation.

Your point relative to folks buying $500 Driver shafts is applicable to a very very small percentage of the golfing population. You're talking about a niche' market even in the WRX population.

Now, overlay the percentage of folks willing to spend $500 on a Driver shaft with the number of folks that need graphite shafts for health reasons. You get a fraction of the already very small 'willing to spend $500 Driver shaft' population. See, these folks already have SteelFiber and Recoil readily available on multiple OEM demo carts.

Perhaps I should have quoted the gentleman than suggested MMTs had the potential to displace steel. The bottom line is that if you don't have product to test, you won't have many people to buy. So, we're really talking about a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of golfers that will adopt the MMTs.

I'm really glad for those of you guys that are having success with these shafts, but, if you're going to pull me out of my current shafts, you've got to get your distribution network ramped up.

Curiosity killed the cat. I just ordered a 125tx 3 iron shaft to give a whirl next week. I’ll post my thoughts vs modus 130x and Addi 105x.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

I had a quick warm up on the gc quad before playing 18 today.I have the 105s in my 5&6 and recoil proto 110 stiff in 7-gw. The mmt absolutely feel stiffer through the swing and I was getting slightly higher spin and losing 2-3 yards on my 6 iron. I was a little bit let down by the performance on the sim. When I got out in the course that quickly changed. Where these really stand out to me is in dispersion, everything just flies straight and the same distance every time. The 7-gw might be finding their way into the bag soon.

Im from Canada and I’ve got my eyes on these and here’s why. Our season is short and it can start as early as a couple months from now playing in temperatures close to 0C give or take and end on the same note. My last tournament last year was played in -2, 45km/hr winds and blowing snow. I currently play DG X7s and I really really like them. They are very similar to x100 with slightly lower launch and spin. I have 0 problems hitting these. I typically present a higher than average dynamic loft at impact thus my launch is high which is why I’ve tried all the heavy hitters (X7s, c-taper, X100). X7s so far has been the best.

Heres the Canadian issue I’ve got lol. When it’s cold things don’t perform the same as when it’s +35C (yes we actually get some heat here). Cold muscles are slow muscles. Cold hands are dead hands. Cold equipment is less responsive. I think by now you probably catch my drift.

I’m very tempted to build a set with the 105Ttx exclusively for cold weather play just to make it easier on myself. I currently have a Tensei Pro white 100tx in a 3 iron and it’s absolutely fantastic even in -2 lol. Anyways, feel free to call me crazy ?

here are my warm SS numbers for reference:

6i - 99mph +\- a couple

Driver - 122mph +\- a couple

cold numbers??? Who knows, machines don’t operate in our conditions Haha

watching this one closely

TSi3 9° - Tensei Pro Orange 70TX  

TSi2 13.5° - Tensei Pro White 80TX 

TSi2 18° - Tensei Pro White 80TX

718 TMB 3 - Tensei Pro White 100TX

T100 4-GW - MMT 125TX

SM8 54° & 58° - MMT 125TX

Odyssey Big-T Blade                                                  

ProV1X                                                                  

My advice is to move

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

Ha! So true.

TSi3 9° - Tensei Pro Orange 70TX  

TSi2 13.5° - Tensei Pro White 80TX 

TSi2 18° - Tensei Pro White 80TX

718 TMB 3 - Tensei Pro White 100TX

T100 4-GW - MMT 125TX

SM8 54° & 58° - MMT 125TX

Odyssey Big-T Blade                                                  

ProV1X                                                                  

Hey, as a fellow Canuck, I resemble that remark.

Driver: Cobra LTDxLS @ 9º (8.25º) w/ Fujikura Speeder TR 661s

Fairway: Callaway Mavrik 4W @ 16º w/ ProjectX Evenflow Black 70s

Hybrid: Sub70 939x 4H @ 21º w/ ProjectX Black Hybrid 6.0

Irons: Artisan HC 4/5 w/ Steelfiber i95cw Stiff; 6-PW w/ Steelfiber i110cw Stiff

Wedges: Artisan Raw 51º, 56º, 61º w/ Modus 120s (to  be re-shafted with Steelfibers to match irons)

Putter: Artisan 0318 Deep Milled

So I have two Srixon Z765 7 iron heads shafted. One with a MMT 105 S and the other with a Fujikura Pro Iron 110 S. Because of a tournament last weekend, I haven't had a whole lot of time to test. I spent my limited time last weekend on one of the par 3's at my club hitting a few shots with each, and a little bit of driving range time. My initial impressions.

The Fuji shaft is STIFF and feels that way too. Reminds me of a Project X iron shaft. Some love it, I personally never liked it. Distance was fine I just didn't like the way it felt. They next day on the driving range, I felt if I made a really good swing at close to 90% speed it worked really well. That would be great but my 45 year old body that has had three shoulder surgeries, massive elbow tendinitis, and continues to rot from the inside out, does not allow for the best version of myself on an everyday basis. The good swing produces normal 7 iron distance, the body isn't feeling great swing is about 5 yards short. So the Fuji is probably out.

Now the MMT. Early results are promising but it is going to take a bit more time and testing to convince myself it is worth the switch. The first time I hit it was on the course into a green. Shortly after impact, I felt I held the club face open and I was going to lose it to the right, Interestingly enough, the ball held its line and was on the right side of the green. With my Steelfiber I would have expected that shot to end up in the right greenside bunker. As far as feel goes, it might sound weird but they have great feel at impact (I can tell where on the face I am hitting it) but they have even more vibration dampening than the Steelfibers I am playing now. I guess it sounds weird to me because in the past, every graphite iron shaft I have tested that has had this much vibration dampening had absolutely no feel at all. There is one thing I am needing to sort out. Getting used to a "standard" swing weight again. My Steefibers are D0.5 and the MMT is a D3. This is a good thing because I can feel the club head in my backswing again and hopefully this will help with my nemesis of getting fast from the top. I just have to get used to playing a "standard" swing weight again and because of this I hit a couple of shots fat. As hard as I tried (tip weights & lead tape) swingweighting was tough with the Steelfibers. From what I have been told the 110 has a high balance point. As far as distance with the MMT, it is very comparable to my Steelfiber.

So for now, I am off to a good start. I still have some more testing to do. I also need to get it out in the wind. Whether or not it is worth $75 per shaft plus install fees, remains the mystery.

Titleist TSr 3 10°, Ventus Blue 6s
Titleist TSr 2 16.5°, Ventus Blue 7s

Ping G430 3, 4, 5 hybrid, Alta CB Black 70s

PXG 0317T 6-9, Mitsubishi MMT 80s
Vokey SM9 46°, 50°, 54° D, 60° T, Mitsubishi MMT 85s

L.A.B. Mezz.1 Max 35”, Accra

My 4 iron test shaft came in today. So of course as soon as I had a minute I built it up into an i210 head I had laying around.

Very impressed . Hit 25 or so balls into a dead 15 mph wind that was switch to crossing left right , and it wasn’t touching the ball this put out. Not even with a fade. Initial thoughts. Smooth yet very tip stable. Gets up quick. But will flight very flat if I want. Dispersion is great. And most surprisingly, it seems to suit me at impact. As in it was middle of the face from the first ball to the last. I’m a firm believer that some shafts do not kick or droop or whatever correctly for everybody’s swing. And when I swing something that puts the middle of the face on the ball without a thought , I notice it. This thing was punishing the ball. And I didn’t tee it up one time. All off the sloppy ground we have after yesterday’s floods.

Like I said. Very impressed. I’m comparing directly 130x modus to 125tx MMT. I have another i210 4 iron with the modus 130.

UP2CU2GBAAZN.jpeg

HMNQ5LD16LTF.jpeg

Couple pics for kicks.

• Like 1

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Great to hear the feedback. I love the feel of these and the minimal vibrations they cause, especially in the winter.

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

For all of the mid-swingers, I ordered a set of 0211 with MMT shafts. I had a 6i 0211 as a test and compared it to my CF16 with Recoils. I really enjoyed the Recoils but the MMT shafts put it on another level. The MMT was stable, had a nice flight, was not overly whippy and it produced exceptional distance. Didn't have it on the monitor, but from where I was hitting it outside, it was easily flying my current 6i lengths. This was an MMT 70 R flex.

• Like 1

Thinking about getting a 125TX for my 3 iron, only. I played in the Mitsu scramble event at the PG Show (great guys...) and I heard their might be a driving iron model coming....

But, seeing as my 3 iron is just a stock iron (not a driving iron), would you guys just get a 3 iron length 125TX?

Thx!

i would just get the iron model. Launches easy but very penetrating flight.

been able to test the 125tx in an 4 iron and an 8 iron now too. Very stable no matter how hard you go at it. Very impressed. Compared directly to modus 130x .... the MMT gets up quicker and flattens out. Most impressed with it into a good wind. Not seeing it touch the ball much. Especially in carry number. Yet the flight is higher. That tells me I’m in a really good spin window with the 8 iron. I’m going to try them in the whole set. I’m seeing more performance with less effort as an initial assessment.

• Like 1

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock