** OFFICIAL REVIEW: MITSUBISHI MMT Iron Shafts ***** FINAL REVIEW Post #2 is UP

J13

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Nic1972 said:

Now that the 125 Stiff is available I checked the website and checked the specs. Except the weight (obviously) these are exactly the same than for the 105 TX. Or do I miss something? 

Not sure what your saying.  125 Stiff are about 11g heavier and softer in flex compared to 105TX which is TX flex.   

Edited by J13

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

6 hours ago, J13 said:

Not sure what your saying.  125 Stiff are about 11g heavier and softer in flex compared to 105TX which is TX flex.   

Sorry for my ignorance, but I thought that as the torque and the kick pt are the same I imagined that there might not be a big difference in stiffness between the two. For me, at least in my mind, a heavier shaft would always feel stiffer than a lighter one. It is certainly stupid...

I asked because I try to figure out if I could handle the 105tx, coming from a Project X LZ 6.0. They are basically the same weight, but the TX might be too stiff and the 105s might be to weak. I played for 2 years the MCA OT-I 105s and liked them. But as I gained some speed they were too weak. And they felt too light, too. The 125s seems too heavy for me, I like shafts around 115 gr. 

9 hours ago, Nic1972 said:

Sorry for my ignorance, but I thought that as the torque and the kick pt are the same I imagined that there might not be a big difference in stiffness between the two. For me, at least in my mind, a heavier shaft would always feel stiffer than a lighter one. It is certainly stupid...

I asked because I try to figure out if I could handle the 105tx, coming from a Project X LZ 6.0. They are basically the same weight, but the TX might be too stiff and the 105s might be to weak. I played for 2 years the MCA OT-I 105s and liked them. But as I gained some speed they were too weak. And they felt too light, too. The 125s seems too heavy for me, I like shafts around 115 gr. 

My average 7 iron speed is 88 mph, and I play the MMT 105TX soft-stepped once.  If you play the LZ 6.0, you'll be fine with this.  However, as confirmation of my statement, you may want to get hold of a shaft and have it installed in a head of your choice to see first-hand how it feels.  If you were in Calgary, I'd let you hit mine.

Driver: Cobra LTDxLS @ 9º (8.25º) w/ Fujikura Speeder TR 661s

Fairway: Callaway Mavrik 4W @ 16º w/ ProjectX Evenflow Black 70s

Hybrid: Sub70 939x 4H @ 21º w/ ProjectX Black Hybrid 6.0

Irons: Artisan HC 4/5 w/ Steelfiber i95cw Stiff; 6-PW w/ Steelfiber i110cw Stiff

Wedges: Artisan Raw 51º, 56º, 61º w/ Modus 120s (to  be re-shafted with Steelfibers to match irons)

Putter: Artisan 0318 Deep Milled

my 125 stiffs will be finished by this weekend. I am coming from PROJECT X 6.0's. I will give a review when I have enough time with them...

• Like 3

PING G430 Max 8 degree (digitally lofted) Kai'li white 65 TX tipped .5". 44.5" D4 

TSR 16.5 GD UB 7X

TAYLORMADE DHI 18 VENTUS BLUE 10TX

4 THRU PW PXG 0311 ST W/ TT ELEVATE X

VOKEY 52/08 "F" grind. BGT ZNE 115G shaft w/ BB&F ferrule

VOKEY WW 58 low bounce "K" grind BGT ZNE 130G shaft w/ BB&F 2" ferrule

JAMES PATRICK 60 (bent to 62) Mid Bounce BGT ZNE 130G shaft w/ BB&F 

SCOTTY CAMERON T11 BGT POLAR SHAFT SAND BLASTED TO MATCH HEAD... FLATSO 1.0

HOOFER LITE BLACK CAMO 

6 minutes ago, Wardonation said:

my 125 stiffs will be finished by this weekend. I am coming from PROJECT X 6.0's. I will give a review when I have enough time with them...

You and I have been waiting for these for a VERY long time.  I have a call into my builder for price and availability (always a struggle up here in Canada), and have yet to get a reply.

Driver: Cobra LTDxLS @ 9º (8.25º) w/ Fujikura Speeder TR 661s

Fairway: Callaway Mavrik 4W @ 16º w/ ProjectX Evenflow Black 70s

Hybrid: Sub70 939x 4H @ 21º w/ ProjectX Black Hybrid 6.0

Irons: Artisan HC 4/5 w/ Steelfiber i95cw Stiff; 6-PW w/ Steelfiber i110cw Stiff

Wedges: Artisan Raw 51º, 56º, 61º w/ Modus 120s (to  be re-shafted with Steelfibers to match irons)

Putter: Artisan 0318 Deep Milled

Just now, Cruisin1966 said:

You and I have been waiting for these for a VERY long time.  I have a call into my builder for price and availability (always a struggle up here in Canada), and have yet to get a reply.

No doubt at this point @MITSUBISHI CHEMICAL should have giving us sets...😀🤓... I am hoping these will help my tennis elbow 49 years old....

• Like 1

PING G430 Max 8 degree (digitally lofted) Kai'li white 65 TX tipped .5". 44.5" D4 

TSR 16.5 GD UB 7X

HOOFER LITE BLACK CAMO 

5 minutes ago, Wardonation said:

No doubt at this point @MITSUBISHI CHEMICAL should have giving us sets...😀🤓... I am hoping these will help my tennis elbow 49 years old....

They should help. They've helped me immeasurably and I'm about 8 years your senior. Best golf decision I've made in a decade.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The answer to better golf is hit it better, farther, and make more putts.

2 hours ago, Cruisin1966 said:

My average 7 iron speed is 88 mph, and I play the MMT 105TX soft-stepped once.  If you play the LZ 6.0, you'll be fine with this.  However, as confirmation of my statement, you may want to get hold of a shaft and have it installed in a head of your choice to see first-hand how it feels.  If you were in Calgary, I'd let you hit mine.

Thanks a lot for the information. I will try to order a 6-iron shaft and will get it installed in a Mizuno MP demo head I have.

and thanks for you offer to hit your irons, but I am in Amsterdam....

Has anyone gone from KBS Tour X to these? I've played them since 2010 (same shafts just switched heads. Not sure how people had issues with bent tips, I digress). I played TM R9 TPs from 2010 to last year when I started tinkering and put Titleist 690.CBs in the bag. I had to cut my season short last year due to elbow and shoulder issues. 

I'm 6'6, 230 lbs, 35 years old, 1.3 HCP. 113-115 driver clubhead speed. 92-93 7 iron speed. I am going to work on making some swing changes so the bend profile that I've used may not be relevant. I'm also going to give the Jumobmax Ultralites a try (size Large). I don't get along with PX and C Tapers feel like rebar. I've never demo'd any of the Modus line or any graphite iron shafts. From what I can tell, the X100 and Modus3 130 have the closest profiles to the KBS Tour X. Although it seems most here have transitioned from PX or Modus 120. 

All that being said, I'm thinking 105TX SSx1 is probably a good starting point for these as I do play my irons and wedges over length and should help soften the tip section a bit. 

1 hour ago, AllShowNoDough said:

Has anyone gone from KBS Tour X to these? I've played them since 2010 (same shafts just switched heads. Not sure how people had issues with bent tips, I digress). I played TM R9 TPs from 2010 to last year when I started tinkering and put Titleist 690.CBs in the bag. I had to cut my season short last year due to elbow and shoulder issues. 

I'm 6'6, 230 lbs, 35 years old, 1.3 HCP. 113-115 driver clubhead speed. 92-93 7 iron speed. I am going to work on making some swing changes so the bend profile that I've used may not be relevant. I'm also going to give the Jumobmax Ultralites a try (size Large). I don't get along with PX and C Tapers feel like rebar. I've never demo'd any of the Modus line or any graphite iron shafts. From what I can tell, the X100 and Modus3 130 have the closest profiles to the KBS Tour X. Although it seems most here have transitioned from PX or Modus 120. 

All that being said, I'm thinking 105TX SSx1 is probably a good starting point for these as I do play my irons and wedges over length and should help soften the tip section a bit. 

Totally unsolicited advice here brother but I'd spend the $50-100 on an iron fitting before I laid out the cash for a set of MMT's and guessing about what meets your needs with a totally foreign shaft. That's a big hit if you're not satisfied.

The answer to better golf is hit it better, farther, and make more putts.

2 minutes ago, nitram said:

Totally unsolicited advice here brother but I'd spend the $50-100 on an iron fitting before I laid out the cash for a set of MMT's and guessing about what meets your needs with a totally foreign shaft. That's a big hit if you're not satisfied.

I did one of those Titleist Tuesday (or Thursday, I don't remember which) and T100 with KBS Tour X was the final result. I'm going to build them myself and I have snow on the ground so I need something to tinker with. I'm not going all in to start. I'll build up an iron or two to test

• Like 1

Ok Thanks for nothing 😀

I did a Titleist makeover last fall - got a chance to buy some black T100s- didn´t get along with the PX LZ 6.0 black shafts at all.

Read this thread and had a lot of talks with friends who play or have played Steelfibre and Recoils..

So I pulled the trigger for a set of 105 S and it is a homerun.

So great lookinga nd such performance- yes a high ballflight but the spin are more resonable now.

Will consider to get 125s for my wedges- tough to find though?

Oh and I love SW around D4-D6 so this was great straight in at standard Titleist length.

BTW RDX blue in FW´s - Yummie!

5632FAB9-3C24-40A5-AAC6-2E092D8BA3AC.jpeg

31BE41A0-7E82-41DF-9BC8-9E92D29EF3FF.jpeg

• Like 2

Does anyone know if there is an OEM that plans to offer the 125g as an upcharge option, or will they just be limited to fully custom builds?

• Like 1

Driver:  TSi3 10* w/ AD IZ 7X 

Fairway: TSi2 14.25* w/ AD IZ 7X 

Hybrid | Utility: TSi2 19* w/ AD IZ 95x | P790 UDI w/ KBS PGI 100

Irons: P7 Combo (790 4i, 770 5-7i, MC 8-p)

Wedges: SM7 52 F, 58 M w/ Modus 125S

Putter:  California Hollywood 34" Circle H

I have my 125 Stiffs back but now we have 5inch of pow pow😡

• Sad 1

TSR 16.5 GD UB 7X

HOOFER LITE BLACK CAMO 

I was doing some research on these shafts today and they are eerily similar to the G-Loomis shafts.  Back in the 90's I played the GL's with Ping Zing 2 and they were the most stable, best graphite on the market.  Pros, including Norman for one win and DL3 played them.  This shaft, albeit with modern technology and higher torque, is its closest cousin right down to the tip (literally).  BTW, G-Loomis is a Mitsubishi product too.  This alone makes me want to try them!

Edited by 10of14

Driver: PXG 0811X Gen4 @ 10.5* w/Tour AD VR-6 S

Fairway: PXG 0341 X GEN4 @ 15* w/PX Evenflow Riptide CB 60g
Fairway: Callaway Mavrik @ 18* w/PX Evenflow Riptide 60g
Irons: PXG 0311 Gen4 Xtreme Dark Combination Set: 5-7 Gen4 XP; 8-GW Gen4 P w/SteelFiber 95
Wedges: Cleveland RTX Black Satin 50*  54*  58*

Putter: PXG Bat Attack-HS @ 35.5"
Ball: Wilson Staff Model

1 hour ago, 10of14 said:

I was doing some research on these shafts today and they are eerily similar to the G-Loomis shafts.  Back in the 90's I played the GL's with Ping Zing 2 and they were the most stable, best graphite on the market.  Pros, including Norman for one win and DL3 played them.  This shaft, albeit with modern technology and higher torque, is its closest cousin right down to the tip (literally).  BTW, G-Loomis is a Mitsubishi product too.  This alone makes me want to try them!

After posting this earlier this evening, I saw on the WRX home page that DL3 has gone to the MMT iron shafts.  No surprise and as stated in my post, they are the most similar to what he played in the 90's (G-Loomis).  "make the switch to the MMT 125 TX following Rickie Fowler and Davis Love III."

Driver: PXG 0811X Gen4 @ 10.5* w/Tour AD VR-6 S

Fairway: PXG 0341 X GEN4 @ 15* w/PX Evenflow Riptide CB 60g
Fairway: Callaway Mavrik @ 18* w/PX Evenflow Riptide 60g
Irons: PXG 0311 Gen4 Xtreme Dark Combination Set: 5-7 Gen4 XP; 8-GW Gen4 P w/SteelFiber 95
Wedges: Cleveland RTX Black Satin 50*  54*  58*

Putter: PXG Bat Attack-HS @ 35.5"
Ball: Wilson Staff Model

On 1/27/2021 at 7:24 AM, jonteistockholm said:

Ok Thanks for nothing 😀

I did a Titleist makeover last fall - got a chance to buy some black T100s- didn´t get along with the PX LZ 6.0 black shafts at all.

Read this thread and had a lot of talks with friends who play or have played Steelfibre and Recoils..

So I pulled the trigger for a set of 105 S and it is a homerun.

So great lookinga nd such performance- yes a high ballflight but the spin are more resonable now.

Will consider to get 125s for my wedges- tough to find though?

Oh and I love SW around D4-D6 so this was great straight in at standard Titleist length.

BTW RDX blue in FW´s - Yummie!

5632FAB9-3C24-40A5-AAC6-2E092D8BA3AC.jpeg

31BE41A0-7E82-41DF-9BC8-9E92D29EF3FF.jpeg

Could you please let me know what you did not like about the LZ shafts and where you see improvements with the MMTs? I currently play the LZ 6.0, and had no particular problems with them until now, except that I am not as consistent anymore compared to the C-Tapers 120s I played before, or the MCA OT-I shafts.

And why did you choose the stiff over the TX? I ask because I have difficulties to decide if I should go with the stiff, which might be too light, or the TX which weigh more or less the same than the PX LZ 6.0, much might be too stiff....

Thanks.

Edited by Nic1972

3 hours ago, Nic1972 said:

Could you please let me know what you did not like about the LZ shafts and where you see improvements with the MMTs? I currently play the LZ 6.0, and had no particular problems with them until now, except that I am not as consistent anymore compared to the C-Tapers 120s I played before, or the MCA OT-I shafts.

And why did you choose the stiff over the TX? I ask because I have difficulties to decide if I should go with the stiff, which might be too light, or the TX which weigh more or less the same than the PX LZ 6.0, much might be too stiff....

Thanks.

First I love the PX LZ but in this heads it just spun too much, wasn´t able to control the flight-need to pnch the ball etc.

Tried them in some blades and - money!

But I want to play all black (vain) and got a suggestion from a builder - how about going graphite...

Tried  Steelfibre, Recoil and none of them felt great.

Then I read about these ones and decided , after some talk, to buy them - they are hardstepped once and I love heavier head- so tehse were perfect.

The ballflight is close to the same but with appr 1500-2000 rpm lower per club and I have weaken them to play without offset.

All in all - perfect.

In the market to make a blade set aswell- as a second set- and they will be with the same shaft.

Next thought and I hope to do this soon - buy some 125 stiff for my wedges...

• Thanks 1

On 1/12/2021 at 12:38 PM, drvrwdge said:

Long thread and don’t have time to go through it all. 

any higher speed guys tried the 105TX’s?

If you like heavier shafts, then I would recommend the 125 TX.  It's difficult to transition from heavy to lighter shafts.  The adjustment period might be quite a bit longer than you would probably want.  Just keep that in mind. 

• Like 1

Callaway AI Smoke Paradym 💎💎💎9* - Tour AD VF-7TX

TM SIM ti 15* - Diamana GT 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Proto 16* - Ventus Black HB 9TX

New Level NLU-01 21* - KBS Hybrid Proto 105X

New Level 623-M 5-PW - MMT 125TX

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

16 minutes ago, phizzy30 said:

MMT's launch quite a bit lower than the KBS Tour.  They spin less too.  Think more along the lines of c-taper with lower launch or like others have said, X100 profile.  MMT do not feel like rebar.  In fact, they feel very solid at impact.  I have played S300 back in high school, X100 for 3 months, KBS Tour, c-taper, OG PX and Recoil protos.  MMT take best of both worlds steel and graphite and blend them together.  I have never tested graphite shafts this stable or accurate.  Even the Recoil protos had a tendency to draw too much at times.  Honestly, I wouldn't even bother soft stepping them and play them straight in with your ss.  My ss is 115 to 119 on average so it's not that far off from yours and I play mine straight in.  I am a hard loader of the club however. 

I appreciate the response. I think I may have to pass on the MMTs for now. C Taper and PX just aren't right for me. I am working on a bit of a swing change so maybe it's something I will have to revisit in a few months. I wouldn't say that I load the club very hard. I think my speed comes from the length of the swing. My takeaway isn't what would be described as quick.

I took some video last fall and noticed that I don't get very tall with my hands at the top and I have a tendency to get a bit over the top due to that. So I'm working on longer on the takeaway and higher hands at the top so that as I transition, I will get more shallow on the downswing. Kind of Bryson like. I hope that made sense

I am looking for a 125TX test shaft.  I asked my usual shaft source and he said they only sell 5-9 shafts as a set.  I'd like a 7 8 or 9 iron shaft long enough to hardstep.  if there are others that want test shafts perhaps we can work out a 5-9 set to purchase....or if anyone knows of a source for individual shafts please DM me. Thx.

PING G410 9 Flat(HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5/Ventus Black 7x)
PING G410 14.5 (HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5)
PING G425 LST 14.5 (Speeder Tour Spec 7.2x)

PING G410 17.5 (HZRDUS T1100 85g 6.5)

NIKE Vapor Fly 20* Iron (Modus105x HS)

PING i500 20* iron (DG105x100)

P7TW 3-PW (DGX7)

52 milled grind (DGX7)  / Vokey TVD K 58 (DGX7)
TM Spider Armlock/SIK Armlock

14 hours ago, ObiwanForAll said:

Not sure if this was mentioned but anyone know if you can tip the .355 MMT? 

Thinking of adding 105TX but maybe tip 1/2” to lower launch....Project X LS kinda low. Just don’t know if it ruins the shaft.

I tipped 105 S 1/4” into a set of pings. I’d bet you could go a little further with a sanding.

I have a set of Titleist 620cb arriving tomorrow with MMT 105tx in them. I’m super excited to see how they are in person. I just turned 46 and have a bad back, along with an elbow surgery. I know these won’t help my back, but my hands and elbows should be happier. I’ve played x100 then TI x100 for the last 20 years or so. I just wish it wasn’t winter here in Michigan. I’ll be stuck hitting balls inside a dome for a couple months. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bailman said:

I have a set of Titleist 620cb arriving tomorrow with MMT 105tx in them. I’m super excited to see how they are in person. I just turned 46 and have a bad back, along with an elbow surgery. I know these won’t help my back, but my hands and elbows should be happier. I’ve played x100 then TI x100 for the last 20 years or so. I just wish it wasn’t winter here in Michigan. I’ll be stuck hitting balls inside a dome for a couple months. 

You will enjoy them.  I have 3 herniated discs in my back so I can relate to your back issues.  I also have joint issues in my hands and wrists and the MMT have been a god send.  These are the best feeling iron shafts I have ever tested/gamed. 

• Like 3

Callaway AI Smoke Paradym 💎💎💎9* - Tour AD VF-7TX

TM SIM ti 15* - Diamana GT 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Proto 16* - Ventus Black HB 9TX

New Level NLU-01 21* - KBS Hybrid Proto 105X

New Level 623-M 5-PW - MMT 125TX

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

I read about 12-13 pages and pulled the trigger and bought a couple shafts to try.  Coming from dynamic Gold and have 6 iron swing speed in 90-91mph.  I have tried Steelfiber 110 in the past but the light weight and high balance point didn’t work for me. Loved the feel hated the dispersion. In general.  I have not gotten along with lighter weight shafts (under 120 grams) so I went with 125TX. Debating on soft stepping but probably will go straight In. 

Ping G425 LST 10.5*
Ping G425 LST 14.5
Taylormade Sim max hybrid 19*

Srixon ZX5 4 iron & 5 iron
Srixon ZX7 6-AW
Vokey SM8 54.10S and 60.04L
Evnroll ER5 black