** OFFICIAL REVIEW: MITSUBISHI MMT Iron Shafts ***** FINAL REVIEW Post #2 is UP

J13

What are you guys doing with these shafts for wedges? Anything different from the irons?

TSR3 9° Tensei Black 65X
TSi2 15° ATX Green 75TX
917F 18° ATX Green 85X
ZX5 MkII 4-5 / ZX7 MkII 6-P  Modus 120X
ZipCore 50° Modus 120X

Vokey SM9 54S/60M Modus 125 Wedge
Nike Neo

ZStar

2 hours ago, Fairways_and_Greens said:

What are you guys doing with these shafts for wedges? Anything different from the irons?

I put in wedge shafts with the same profile 105s and they’re just fine. I was contemplating changing the profile but I like it as is.

Driver: Callaway Paradym TD -  Autoflex SF505X

3 Wood: Taylormade Sim2 Ti  - TourAD VR 7S

2 Srixon ZX Utility -  Mitsubishi MMT 105s

4 Hybrid: Titelist TSi2 - Kuro Kage 60s

PW-5:  Titelist T150 - Mitsubishi MMT 105s

Wedges: Titelist SM9 50,55,60  -  Mitsubishi MMT 105s

Putter: Evnroll ER2

Anyone have high spin issues with these shafts?  I put in the 105 S and spin seems to be all over the place.  Sometimes I will hit a iron and it will come up 10 yards short of my regular distance and other times it will fly as it should.  I can't seem to get consistent yardages with these.

• Taylormade Qi10 at 10.5° - Ventus TR Blue
  • Callaway Epic Speed (3) 15° - Mitsubishi TB
  • Callaway Ai Smoke Triple D (7) 20° -  Mitsubishi Tensei Blue
  • Callaway ‘21 Apex Pro 23° - Mitsubishi Tensei HY Blue
  • Srixon ZX5 MKII Black Chrome 5-W
  • Ping S159 Midnight- 56°, 60°
  • Taylormade Spider Tour Z

No issues here.  Spin is right on par with many steel shafts and even spins less than many steel profiles but I was in the 125tx...

If anyone is wanting a 125tx 7 iron shoot me a DM.  Thx.

PING G410 9 Flat(HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5/Ventus Black 7x)
PING G410 14.5 (HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5)
PING G425 LST 14.5 (Speeder Tour Spec 7.2x)

PING G410 17.5 (HZRDUS T1100 85g 6.5)

NIKE Vapor Fly 20* Iron (Modus105x HS)

PING i500 20* iron (DG105x100)

P7TW 3-PW (DGX7)

52 milled grind (DGX7)  / Vokey TVD K 58 (DGX7)
TM Spider Armlock/SIK Armlock

11 hours ago, jmurdock81 said:

Anyone have high spin issues with these shafts?  I put in the 105 S and spin seems to be all over the place.  Sometimes I will hit a iron and it will come up 10 yards short of my regular distance and other times it will fly as it should.  I can't seem to get consistent yardages with these.

Could be a lot of things.  But the most common problem could be the swing weight is off or you don't fit into the 105S and need something either heavier or stiffer.  Hard to say exactly without knowing all the details and specs.  

• Like 1

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

Anyone playing the 125 S hard stepped? I'm coming from Oban 125X's and am looking for something a little easier to swing and am hoping that the 125 S hard stepped might be the winner. 

As far as the bend profile, I've played Modus 120X (not TX) before and liked them, but just want a little less spin. Driver swing speed ~110-112mph for reference. 

Should I just go 125 TX and call it a day 🙂

Titleist TSR3 10* - Tensei 1K White 60TX

Callaway Paradym TD 15* - Mitsubishi Kaili White 70X

TRS2 21* - Hzrdus Black Gen 4 80X

Titleist T100 - Project X 6.5

Titleist Vokey SM 9 48*/53*/58* - Dynamic Gold S400 Onyx

Taylormade Spider X

2023 ProV1X

Any reviews from 100 SS players reviews of MMT 95s or the like?  Currently in Modus 105S.  Plenty of feedback of the 125TX  etc, but we all know thats a different animal haha

🤖 A.I Smoke TD 10.5 w/ GD VF 5S

Sim 2 Ti 5W w/Diamana TB 70S

2024 Apex UW w/Tensei 1K Pro Blue 70S

Apex Pro 4-5 Nippon Modus 105S 

Apex CB 6-PW Nippon Modus 105S 

Jaws Raw 50S, 54W, 58Z

37" Odyssey 2-Ball 10 Tour W/Superstroke Zenergy Tour 13"

Chrome Tour X 

Spoiler

In between fitters and info. Currently play DG120 x100s. 1/2” over. Looking for a little tighter dispersion and a slightly heavier shaft.  Like most of you, I have not been able to find a place to hit the MMTs.  

I’ve paid for fittings at PGATSS and CC (CC was kind of disappointing). 

At PGATSS I started my fit with the optimizer. Mizuno’s shaft optimizer had me at 93-94mph SS.  It recommended $Taper 130s, CTaper X, Tour 130X, TI x100s, LZ 6.5  

In those shafts my swing performed best with 100s and LZ 6.5.  It was splitting hairs between those two. 
$Tapers felt the best, but I couldn’t time them as well. Maybe they a softer tip?  I’m not sure. 

My real work 7 iron ss is prob 90-92. 178carry. Can take a little off for 170s. I’m 6’3. 185. Will be going prob 1/2” - 3/4” over. Not sure yet. I’m used to 1/2. PGTSS guy had me at 1”. 

Any recommendations? 125s / 125TX SSx1 / 125 TX Straight?

Will be throwing in ZX7s. 

Edited by AtlantaGolf3
Change

In between fitters and info. Currently play DG120 x100s. 1/2” over. Looking for a little tighter dispersion and a slightly heavier shaft.  Like most of you, I have not been able to find a place to hit the MMTs.  

At PGATSS I started my fit with the optimizer. Mizuno’s shaft optimizer had me at 93-94mph SS.  It recommended $Taper 130s, CTaper X, Tour 130X, TI x100s, LZ 6.5  

In those shafts my swing performed best with 100s and LZ 6.5.  It was splitting hairs between those two. 
$Tapers felt the best, but I couldn’t time them as well. Maybe they a softer tip?  I’m not sure. 

My real work 7 iron ss is prob 90-92. 178carry. Can take a little off for 170s. I’m 6’3. 185. Will be going prob 1/2” - 3/4” over. Not sure yet. I’m used to 1/2. PGTSS guy had me at 1”. 

Will he throwing in ZX7s. 

•  

In between fitters and info. Currently play DG120 x100s. 1/2” over. Looking for a little tighter dispersion and a slightly heavier shaft.  Like most of you, I have not been able to find a place to hit the MMTs.  

I have pretty quick transition, but not erratic. 

Will be throwing in ZX7s. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AtlantaGolf3 said:

Where did you go through for build?

RocGolf in Northern Ireland. 

• Thanks 1

[i][font=times new roman,times,serif][size=2]Driver: Mizuno st180 - Diamana Bf60x[/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=times new roman,times,serif][size=2]3 wood: Callaway rogue sz - GD Tour AD-DI 7x[/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=times new roman,times,serif][size=2]Hybrid: Callaway Rogue 19* - GD Tour AD-DI 85x ---Testing Srixon H85 veylix rome 988x[/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=times new roman,times,serif][size=2]2-Iron: PXG 0311x extreme dark - KBS Tour prototype hybrid 95s+[/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=times new roman,times,serif][size=2]Irons: Mizuno JPX919 Tour 5-pw - Project x lz 6.5[/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=times new roman,times,serif][size=2]Wedges: Mizuno T7 52&58 - KBS Custom Black Wedge shafts[/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=times new roman,times,serif][size=2]Putter: Toulon Atlanta Garage All black[/size][/font][/i]

On 10/24/2019 at 8:35 AM, MITSUBISHI CHEMICAL said:

@Nic1972 Soft-stepping once may help soften the profile slightly.

So far, players have been pleasantly surprised with the playability that MMT provides. The torque value is slightly higher than most TX Flexes you will find in steel.

105 Stiff is also an option if you are worried about the TX Flex being slightly too stiff!

What would you recommend for someone using Modus 130x currently?

21 hours ago, rkelso184 said:

What would you recommend for someone using Modus 130x currently?

125tx.  FYI The 125tx will build a couple points heavier than modus 130x.

I just put a 7 iron shaft on the BST if anyone here wants it...thx!

PING G410 9 Flat(HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5/Ventus Black 7x)
PING G410 14.5 (HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5)
PING G425 LST 14.5 (Speeder Tour Spec 7.2x)

PING G410 17.5 (HZRDUS T1100 85g 6.5)

NIKE Vapor Fly 20* Iron (Modus105x HS)

PING i500 20* iron (DG105x100)

P7TW 3-PW (DGX7)

52 milled grind (DGX7)  / Vokey TVD K 58 (DGX7)
TM Spider Armlock/SIK Armlock

Was messing around at Golf Galaxy today and hit about 20 balls with an ‘21 Apex Pro with an MMT 95 stiff and I was quite impressed. I know there’s a lot of reviews of the heavier ones and I don’t know if the 95 stiff would or would not be my fit, as that is lighter than I play, but it sure felt great at impact. I definitely sensed a nice solid feel in the tip section through the hitting zone. 

My swing was consistently at 87-88 mph with a 7 iron and I was hitting a stock shot that barely falls to the right. Does not feel like a shaft I’d spray at all, even at less than 100g. Accuracy was excellent. Interestingly, I had purchased a single club last year with the parallel tipped MMT 80 in it and did not like it at all. The 95 stiff taper is like a different shaft, clearly has less torque and feels smooth and yet solid. Way better. When I waggled it, it felt super stiff in the handle. I thought I might not like it. Swinging it, I found it very fun, felt like I was ripping through the ball. 

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches

On 3/13/2021 at 2:50 PM, JamesG12 said:

Anyone using MMT 105s, what wedge shaft are you using (something other than MMT is what I’m looking for). Thanks!

I have the 105s in 5-gw and recoil wedge proto in 55* and 60*. I think I am going to put the recoil in the gw as well as it has more feel 

On 3/13/2021 at 7:42 PM, AtlantaGolf3 said:

•  

I have pretty quick transition, but not erratic. 

Will be throwing in ZX7s. 

If you find someone in Atlanta let me know.  I got lucky and was fit by Dana Upshaw a couple of times before he retired (Down in Warner Robbins, he was considered by most to be a top 10 fitter in the US before retiring).  So I have a pretty good idea of what fits me and what doesn't to start from a baseline.  I have tried CC, and found no luck.  PGATSS is a waste of time.  There are a couple of good guys in Atlanta, but having access to all the latest and greatest shafts in X flex is the problem I run into there.

I did get fitted at the Kingdom at Reynolds.  I checked the Maltby P F to get irons with the closest VCoG and RCoG first and stuck with those heads and tried out shafts on that head.  For me (ZX7 guy as well) I ended up doing most of my testing in the P7MC.  Unfortunately I had to guess a bit since the P7MC nor the ZX7 are measured yet by Maltby for VCoG and RCoG.   I also knew my iron spin would be higher with the P7MC than it is with my ZX7 based on findings from CChampion.

I wanted to like the MMT, but they did not perform as well for me as the Recoils.  MY SS with the optimizer was right around 95 or so if I remember correctly, so in the same area as you.  The 105 MMT in TX just didn't jive, spin was good, but I didn't like how I felt with them on the downswing, couldn't quite put my finger on the problem, my strikes just weren't as often in the SS as I would like.  The 125 TX was right on the money for the P7MC's, but the spin was lower than I wanted, knowing with the ZX7 have less spin than the P7MC's.

You can try the kingdom at Reynolds similarly, they book up quick for fittings, and I got lucky in that someone cancelled and I got in.

• Thanks 1
  • Driver - Ping G430 LST 10.5 - Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI TX
  • 3 Wood - Taylormade 300 Mini 13.5 - Ventus Purple X
  • 5 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X 
  • 7 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X | 4 iron - Srixon ZX4 MKII - Axiom 105X
  • 5 - GW Cobra King Tour - Axiom 105X
  • SW - Cleveland RTX6 55* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X | LW - Vokey SM9T 60* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X
  • Putters -  Odyssey Jailbird Versa Microhinge - Odyssey Tank DB

On 3/13/2021 at 2:50 PM, JamesG12 said:

Anyone using MMT 105s, what wedge shaft are you using (something other than MMT is what I’m looking for). Thanks!

I have TI S400's in my wedges now. I may end up putting MMT 125S in them but not sure. 

Callaway: Rogue ST LS Triple Diamond 10.5 with Fujikura Ventus TR 6X
Callaway: Rogue ST Triple Diamond T 3wd (14) with Fujikura Ventus Blue 7X
Callaway: Epic Speed 4wd (16.5) Fujikura Ventus Red 7X
Callaway: Super Hybrid 22 degree with Graphite Design 105 S
Cobra: Cobra RF Proto Irons 5-pw Mitsubishi MMT 125 S
Artisan: 50,54,58 Raw Tour Issue S400 
Ping PLD Custom Anser 34 in

7 hours ago, driveandputtmachine said:

If you find someone in Atlanta let me know.  I got lucky and was fit by Dana Upshaw a couple of times before he retired (Down in Warner Robbins, he was considered by most to be a top 10 fitter in the US before retiring).  So I have a pretty good idea of what fits me and what doesn't to start from a baseline.  I have tried CC, and found no luck.  PGATSS is a waste of time.  There are a couple of good guys in Atlanta, but having access to all the latest and greatest shafts in X flex is the problem I run into there.

I did get fitted at the Kingdom at Reynolds.  I checked the Maltby P F to get irons with the closest VCoG and RCoG first and stuck with those heads and tried out shafts on that head.  For me (ZX7 guy as well) I ended up doing most of my testing in the P7MC.  Unfortunately I had to guess a bit since the P7MC nor the ZX7 are measured yet by Maltby for VCoG and RCoG.   I also knew my iron spin would be higher with the P7MC than it is with my ZX7 based on findings from CChampion.

I wanted to like the MMT, but they did not perform as well for me as the Recoils.  MY SS with the optimizer was right around 95 or so if I remember correctly, so in the same area as you.  The 105 MMT in TX just didn't jive, spin was good, but I didn't like how I felt with them on the downswing, couldn't quite put my finger on the problem, my strikes just weren't as often in the SS as I would like.  The 125 TX was right on the money for the P7MC's, but the spin was lower than I wanted, knowing with the ZX7 have less spin than the P7MC's.

You can try the kingdom at Reynolds similarly, they book up quick for fittings, and I got lucky in that someone cancelled and I got in.

Thank you for the write up. It’s been a bit of a guess and check so far. I hit the P7MC and the Miz MMC’s for reference. P7MCs spun a ton more. MMCs a little less. In the zx7’s I loved the feel of $taper 130’s. In TI X100’s were consistent for spin, but timing in the bottom of my swing became a tad unstable. By all means I know the x100s are a very stable shaft, but my inconsistency created some timing problems. The ZX7’s in PX 6.5s were the best for timing of my swing, spin and consistent ball speeds (which were higher than others I tested).  The thing I didn’t like about the PX’s was the muted feel at impact. I would have a perfect strike and it would feel dull compared to a flush strike with other shafts. I know it wasn’t the head. The ZX7s are super soft and I lost a little bit of that. 

I ended up pulling the trigger on the 6.5’s because the results were the best.

Wish I was able to test the MMTs out. Maybe down the road. 

7 hours ago, driveandputtmachine said:

Thank you for the write up. It’s been a bit of a guess and check so far. I hit the P7MC and the Miz MMC’s for reference. P7MCs spun a ton more. MMCs a little less. In the zx7’s I loved the feel of $taper 130’s. In TI X100’s were consistent for spin, but timing in the bottom of my swing became a tad unstable. By all means I know the x100s are a very stable shaft, but my inconsistency created some timing problems. The ZX7’s in PX 6.5s were the best for timing of my swing, spin and consistent ball speeds (which were higher than others I tested).  The thing I didn’t like about the PX’s was the muted feel at impact. I would have a perfect strike and it would feel dull compared to a flush strike with other shafts. I know it wasn’t the head. The ZX7s are super soft and I lost a little bit of that. 

I ended up pulling the trigger on the 6.5’s because the results were the best.

Wish I was able to test the MMTs out. Maybe down the road.