** OFFICIAL REVIEW: MITSUBISHI MMT Iron Shafts ***** FINAL REVIEW Post #2 is UP

J13

> @dxdgenert said:

> > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > @Philomathesq said:

> > > > @CallawayLefty said:

> > > > I’m still interested, but the build up is a little overblown at this point...

> > > >

> > > > On an on-topic note - anybody know how much these things cost? Guess the hype train from this thread is working, notwithstanding that I haven’t read a single word about the performance of the shafts.

> > >

> > > MSRP is $100 per shaft.

> >

> > That’s pretty steep. This is the biggest barrier for the masses to jump into graphite. Cost.

>

> Standard offering in my PXG 0211’s. Just sayin...

You can get "regular" MMTs with PXG, but not the 125TX, right?

> @Smitty120 said:

> J13 is dead on with this thoughts on these shafts. I game Apex MB's with X-1's. Justin would hand me a iron after I hit a shot with my irons to compare. I almost hate to say it, but after trying many shafts and always going back to Tour Issue X1's, these **** MMT shafts are just good!! Each shot I hit, the dispersion WAS better with the MMT. Mitsubishi is really on to something here! I just feel Mitsubishi is the shaft company that all others try and keep up with! I just wish I could source a set of 4-PW MMT to put in my Apex DOT heads that are laying around! Is Steel Dead? :open_mouth:

I had to make sure you didn't throw my clubs in your trunk on the way out ;-)

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

> @dxdgenert said:

> > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > > I’m still interested, but the build up is a little overblown at this point...

> > > >

> > > > On an on-topic note - anybody know how much these things cost? Guess the hype train from this thread is working, notwithstanding that I haven’t read a single word about the performance of the shafts.

> > >

> >

> > That’s pretty steep. This is the biggest barrier for the masses to jump into graphite. Cost.

>

wow that's pretty sweet

Edel PROTO

> @dxdgenert said:

> > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

At the cost of pxg clubs you should be able to get any shaft you want. Standard...

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

> @Golfingfanatic said:

> > @dxdgenert said:

> > > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > > @Philomathesq said:

> > > > > @CallawayLefty said:

> > > > > I’m still interested, but the build up is a little overblown at this point...

> > > > >

> > > > > On an on-topic note - anybody know how much these things cost? Guess the hype train from this thread is working, notwithstanding that I haven’t read a single word about the performance of the shafts.

> > > >

> > > > MSRP is $100 per shaft.

> > >

> > > That’s pretty steep. This is the biggest barrier for the masses to jump into graphite. Cost.

> >

> > Standard offering in my PXG 0211’s. Just sayin...

>

> You can get "regular" MMTs with PXG, but not the 125TX, right?

Not 100% sure but not every WRX’er is a scratch 115 mph driver SS player. The fact that they are offering such a premium shaft as standard is promising, even if only for us mere mortal players.

Callaway Mavrik 9* w/ Aldila ROGUE White 130 M.S.I. 60
Callaway Mavrik 3 wood w/ Aldila ROGUE White 130 M.S.I. 70
Callaway Mavrik 3 hybrid w/ Project X Catalyst 75
PXG Gen 1 0311X 4 iron w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80
PXG Gen 5 0311 XP 5-7 w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

PXG Gen 5 0311 XP 8-GW w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

PXG Gen 2 0311 Forged 54 w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

PXG Gen 2 0311 Forged 60 w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

Titleist Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2 

> @dxdgenert said:

> > @Golfingfanatic said:

> > > @dxdgenert said:

> > > > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > > > @Philomathesq said:

> > > > > > @CallawayLefty said:

> > > > > > I’m still interested, but the build up is a little overblown at this point...

> > > > > >

> > > > > > On an on-topic note - anybody know how much these things cost? Guess the hype train from this thread is working, notwithstanding that I haven’t read a single word about the performance of the shafts.

> > > > >

> > > > > MSRP is $100 per shaft.

> > > >

> > > > That’s pretty steep. This is the biggest barrier for the masses to jump into graphite. Cost.

> > >

> > > Standard offering in my PXG 0211’s. Just sayin...

> >

> > You can get "regular" MMTs with PXG, but not the 125TX, right?

>

> Not 100% sure but not every WRX’er is a scratch 115 mph driver SS player. The fact that they are offering such a premium shaft as standard is promising, even if only for us mere mortal players.

I understand that, but I wonder if the lower weights and flexes are made with the same materials as the 125TX and carry the same price tag? Could be a similiar situation to Tensei vs. Tensei Pro.

> @Golfingfanatic said:

> > @dxdgenert said:

> > > @Golfingfanatic said:

> > > > @dxdgenert said:

> > > > > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > > > > @Philomathesq said:

> > > > > > > @CallawayLefty said:

> > > > > > > I’m still interested, but the build up is a little overblown at this point...

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > On an on-topic note - anybody know how much these things cost? Guess the hype train from this thread is working, notwithstanding that I haven’t read a single word about the performance of the shafts.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > MSRP is $100 per shaft.

> > > > >

> > > > > That’s pretty steep. This is the biggest barrier for the masses to jump into graphite. Cost.

> > > >

> > > > Standard offering in my PXG 0211’s. Just sayin...

> > >

> > > You can get "regular" MMTs with PXG, but not the 125TX, right?

> >

> > Not 100% sure but not every WRX’er is a scratch 115 mph driver SS player. The fact that they are offering such a premium shaft as standard is promising, even if only for us mere mortal players.

>

> I understand that, but I wonder if the lower weights and flexes are made with the same materials as the 125TX and carry the same price tag? Could be a similiar situation to Tensei vs. Tensei Pro.

Good question and one that @j13 may want to explore in his write up. Otherwise, the review may only have “value” for those in the 125 TX camp.

J13 how was swing weight? When will these be available? Will they have a 120 or a 125 Stiff option? If so, will these shafts have the same high end build quality that you are hitting? Thanks man tennis elbow really interested...

PING G430 10K Max 9 degree (digitally lofted) DI VF 6X tipped .5". 44.5" D5 

G430 17 HY DI HY 85 X

TSR2 21 HY DI HY 85 X

4 THRU PW King Tour KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 48 "F" KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 54 "F" S400

VOKEY 60 "V" S400

SCOTTY CAMERON T11 BGT POLAR SHAFT SAND BLASTED TO MATCH HEAD... FLATSO 1.0

HOOFER LITE BLACK CAMO 

> @QuigleyDU said:

> > @knudson81 said:

> > > @J13 said:

> > > Heads up - Did the Golfwrx TG2 podcast this morning to discuss the test so I'll drop a message when it goes live.

> > >

> > > A detailed review will be up over the weekend or early next week!

> >

> > You did?! Well tomorrow at 8am ET that episode goes live on pretty much every podcast platform! Had a blast talking about these shafts with @J13 and want to thank him again for taking the time hang out and chat!

>

> Awesome. This thread has pretty perfect timing. Bryson switching to graphite. I just switched. Very curious how these get along.

DU what did you switch too?

G430 17 HY DI HY 85 X

TSR2 21 HY DI HY 85 X

VOKEY 54 "F" S400

VOKEY 60 "V" S400

HOOFER LITE BLACK CAMO 

@J13 -

I know you said in the podcast that you didn't have any issues with swing weight, but what swing weight do you play? I have all my irons around D5. Do you think it would be an issue getting these to D5 easily, or would it be a mess?

Driver: TaylorMade SIM 8* (standard setting) with MCA Tensei AV Raw Orange 75TX at 44.5"
3W: TaylorMade M5 15* (standard setting) with Oban Devotion 8 O5 at 42"
Hybrid: PXG Gen 2 0317X 19* (standard setting) with Oban Kiyoshi Purple Hybrid O5 at 39.5"
4i-9i: Callaway '18 Apex MB's with KBS C-Taper 130X at 1/4" long
46: Callaway JAWS MD5 10S
50: Callaway JAWS MD5 10S
54: Callaway JAWS MD5 8C
58: Callaway JAWS MD5 8W
Putter: Kari Lajosi Custom DD201WB

> @dxdgenert said:

> > @Golfingfanatic said:

> > > @dxdgenert said:

> > > > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > > > @Philomathesq said:

> > > > > > @CallawayLefty said:

> > > > > > I’m still interested, but the build up is a little overblown at this point...

> > > > > >

> > > > > > On an on-topic note - anybody know how much these things cost? Guess the hype train from this thread is working, notwithstanding that I haven’t read a single word about the performance of the shafts.

> > > > >

> > > > > MSRP is $100 per shaft.

> > > >

> > > > That’s pretty steep. This is the biggest barrier for the masses to jump into graphite. Cost.

> > >

> > > Standard offering in my PXG 0211’s. Just sayin...

> >

> > You can get "regular" MMTs with PXG, but not the 125TX, right?

>

> Not 100% sure but not every WRX’er is a scratch 115 mph driver SS player. The fact that they are offering such a premium shaft as standard is promising, even if only for us mere mortal players.

I think PXG is kind of an outlier. With most OEM's I will almost guarantee it will be an upcharge like other graphite options.

Edel PROTO

> @Golfingfanatic said:

> > @dxdgenert said:

> > > > @dxdgenert said:

> > > > > > > I’m still interested, but the build up is a little overblown at this point...

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > On an on-topic note - anybody know how much these things cost? Guess the hype train from this thread is working, notwithstanding that I haven’t read a single word about the performance of the shafts.

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > That’s pretty steep. This is the biggest barrier for the masses to jump into graphite. Cost.

> > > >

> > >

> >

> > Not 100% sure but not every WRX’er is a scratch 115 mph driver SS player. The fact that they are offering such a premium shaft as standard is promising, even if only for us mere mortal players.

>

> I understand that, but I wonder if the lower weights and flexes are made with the same materials as the 125TX and carry the same price tag? Could be a similiar situation to Tensei vs. Tensei Pro.

I'm going to try to find this out. I know they offer a parallel tip version and Taper tip version. Not sure if there's any special tech that only one version or flex has.

• Like 1

Edel PROTO

> @J13 said:

> > @dxdgenert said:

> > > > @dxdgenert said:

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

> I think PXG is kind of an outlier. With most OEM's I will almost guarantee it will be an upcharge like other graphite options.

Stock option for TM 790 Ti' in lower weight options. Similar price point to PXG.

Titleist TSr4 10.0*  Mitsubishi WB 63 tx  
TaylorMade BRNR Mini 13.5* Kai'li white- tx
Srixon ZX5 (4-6) ZX7 (7-pw) KBS tour 130-x
Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway Full Toe 54*, 60* TT x-100
Callaway PM Grind 64*
Toulon First Run Las Vegas DB

Pro V1

> @Wardonation said:

> J13 how was swing weight? When will these be available? Will they have a 120 or a 125 Stiff option? If so, will these shafts have the same high end build quality that you are hitting? Thanks man tennis elbow really interested...

Swing weight is on point and I mentioned it in the podcast but I really hope they offer these in a 120-125g weight and Stiff flex. I think they are being cautious but also might be underestimating the number of guys that love a S300 weight and flex. To me it's a no brainer, MAKE STIFF FLEX!

> @Philomathesq said:

> @J13 -

>

> I know you said in the podcast that you didn't have any issues with swing weight, but what swing weight do you play? I have all my irons around D5. Do you think it would be an issue getting these to D5 easily, or would it be a mess?

D4 for me. I don't think you will have any problems but that's also dependent on the iron head weight. Obviously each OEM's headweights are a little different. Overall though they are weighted about the same as a DGX100 or in my case the Modus 120TX.

Edel PROTO

> @J13 said:

> Swing weight is on point and I mentioned it in the podcast but I really hope they offer these in a 120-125g weight and Stiff flex. I think they are being cautious but also might be underestimating the number of guys that love a S300 weight and flex. To me it's a no brainer, MAKE STIFF FLEX!

>

Yes please!

Driver: Cobra LTDxLS @ 9º (8.25º) w/ Fujikura Speeder TR 661s

Fairway: Callaway Mavrik 4W @ 16º w/ ProjectX Evenflow Black 70s

Hybrid: Sub70 939x 4H @ 21º w/ ProjectX Black Hybrid 6.0

Irons: Artisan HC 4/5 w/ Steelfiber i95cw Stiff; 6-PW w/ Steelfiber i110cw Stiff

Wedges: Artisan Raw 51º, 56º, 61º w/ Modus 120s (to  be re-shafted with Steelfibers to match irons)

Putter: Artisan 0318 Deep Milled

> @Cruisin1966 said:

> > @J13 said:

> > Swing weight is on point and I mentioned it in the podcast but I really hope they offer these in a 120-125g weight and Stiff flex. I think they are being cautious but also might be underestimating the number of guys that love a S300 weight and flex. To me it's a no brainer, MAKE STIFF FLEX!

> >

>

> Yes please!

>

I'm pulling for ya but know right now there aren't any plans for it. Obviously they just got released so things can change.

Edel PROTO

> @Wardonation said:

> > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > @knudson81 said:

> > > > @J13 said:

> > > > Heads up - Did the Golfwrx TG2 podcast this morning to discuss the test so I'll drop a message when it goes live.

> > > >

> > > > A detailed review will be up over the weekend or early next week!

> > >

> > > You did?! Well tomorrow at 8am ET that episode goes live on pretty much every podcast platform! Had a blast talking about these shafts with @J13 and want to thank him again for taking the time hang out and chat!

> >

> > Awesome. This thread has pretty perfect timing. Bryson switching to graphite. I just switched. Very curious how these get along.

>

> DU what did you switch too?

I have been playing aldila rip slt tour 115 shafts in x flex. They are the stiffest iron shafts I have ever tried and are super low torque at 1*.

BALL; Chrome Soft X

> @QuigleyDU said:

> > @Wardonation said:

> > > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > > @knudson81 said:

> > > > > @J13 said:

> > > > > Heads up - Did the Golfwrx TG2 podcast this morning to discuss the test so I'll drop a message when it goes live.

> > > > >

> > > > > A detailed review will be up over the weekend or early next week!

> > > >

> > > > You did?! Well tomorrow at 8am ET that episode goes live on pretty much every podcast platform! Had a blast talking about these shafts with @J13 and want to thank him again for taking the time hang out and chat!

> > >

> > > Awesome. This thread has pretty perfect timing. Bryson switching to graphite. I just switched. Very curious how these get along.

> >

> > DU what did you switch too?

>

> I have been playing aldila rip slt tour 115 shafts in x flex. They are the stiffest iron shafts I have ever tried and are super low torque at 1*.

So far I am enjoying them. Getting a flatter flight and very tight dispersion. Still good height and spin numbers. They do not feel super light, even though I have not weighed them. So far I am enjoying them. Not to thread jack. I just think it is interesting. I would love to try these shafts as well. I think I am a graphite iron shaft convert.

BALL; Chrome Soft X

> @QuigleyDU said:

> > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > @Wardonation said:

> > > > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > > > @knudson81 said:

> > > > > > @J13 said:

> > > > > > Heads up - Did the Golfwrx TG2 podcast this morning to discuss the test so I'll drop a message when it goes live.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > A detailed review will be up over the weekend or early next week!

> > > > >

> > > > > You did?! Well tomorrow at 8am ET that episode goes live on pretty much every podcast platform! Had a blast talking about these shafts with @J13 and want to thank him again for taking the time hang out and chat!

> > > >

> > > > Awesome. This thread has pretty perfect timing. Bryson switching to graphite. I just switched. Very curious how these get along.

> > >

> > > DU what did you switch too?

> >

> > I have been playing aldila rip slt tour 115 shafts in x flex. They are the stiffest iron shafts I have ever tried and are super low torque at 1*.

>

> So far I am enjoying them. Getting a flatter flight and very tight dispersion. Still good height and spin numbers. They do not feel super light, even though I have not weighed them. So far I am enjoying them. Not to thread jack. I just think it is interesting. I would love to try these shafts as well. I think I am a graphite iron shaft convert.

Not at all i appreciate you sharing the feedback. I've actually hit the RIP tour 115 (years ago). Very tight shaft. The MMT's are much more active feeling where you don't feel like you have to swing hard for a normal stock shot if that makes sense. I'd be interested to hear your comparison if you test them out.

Edel PROTO

> @J13 said:

> > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > > @Wardonation said:

> > > > > > @knudson81 said:

> > > > > > > @J13 said:

> > > > > > > Heads up - Did the Golfwrx TG2 podcast this morning to discuss the test so I'll drop a message when it goes live.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > A detailed review will be up over the weekend or early next week!

> > > > > >

> > > > > > You did?! Well tomorrow at 8am ET that episode goes live on pretty much every podcast platform! Had a blast talking about these shafts with @J13 and want to thank him again for taking the time hang out and chat!

> > > > >

> > > > > Awesome. This thread has pretty perfect timing. Bryson switching to graphite. I just switched. Very curious how these get along.

> > > >

> > > > DU what did you switch too?

> > >

> > > I have been playing aldila rip slt tour 115 shafts in x flex. They are the stiffest iron shafts I have ever tried and are super low torque at 1*.

> >

> > So far I am enjoying them. Getting a flatter flight and very tight dispersion. Still good height and spin numbers. They do not feel super light, even though I have not weighed them. So far I am enjoying them. Not to thread jack. I just think it is interesting. I would love to try these shafts as well. I think I am a graphite iron shaft convert.

>

> Not at all i appreciate you sharing the feedback. I've actually hit the RIP tour 115 (years ago). Very tight shaft. The MMT's are much more active feeling where you don't feel like you have to swing hard for a normal stock shot if that makes sense. I'd be interested to hear your comparison if you test them out.

I do feel that you loose some feel in touch shots. I am a fan of a shaft that has a little action to it as long as the flight stays down.

That’s why I love the ventus. Super stiff tip so the ball stays down and spin stays low, but you can feel it load.

I would love to here more about your game. What is your typical ball flight, you yardage breaks and gaps, how you describe your style of play. Etc.

BALL; Chrome Soft X

> @QuigleyDU said:

> > @J13 said:

> > > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > > > @Wardonation said:

> > > > > > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > > > > > @knudson81 said:

> > > > > > > > @J13 said:

> > > > > > > > Heads up - Did the Golfwrx TG2 podcast this morning to discuss the test so I'll drop a message when it goes live.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > A detailed review will be up over the weekend or early next week!

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > You did?! Well tomorrow at 8am ET that episode goes live on pretty much every podcast platform! Had a blast talking about these shafts with @J13 and want to thank him again for taking the time hang out and chat!

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Awesome. This thread has pretty perfect timing. Bryson switching to graphite. I just switched. Very curious how these get along.

> > > > >

> > > > > DU what did you switch too?

> > > >

> > > > I have been playing aldila rip slt tour 115 shafts in x flex. They are the stiffest iron shafts I have ever tried and are super low torque at 1*.

> > >

> > > So far I am enjoying them. Getting a flatter flight and very tight dispersion. Still good height and spin numbers. They do not feel super light, even though I have not weighed them. So far I am enjoying them. Not to thread jack. I just think it is interesting. I would love to try these shafts as well. I think I am a graphite iron shaft convert.

> >

> > Not at all i appreciate you sharing the feedback. I've actually hit the RIP tour 115 (years ago). Very tight shaft. The MMT's are much more active feeling where you don't feel like you have to swing hard for a normal stock shot if that makes sense. I'd be interested to hear your comparison if you test them out.

>

> I do feel that you loose some feel in touch shots. I am a fan of a shaft that has a little action to it as long as the flight stays down.

>

> That’s why I love the ventus. Super stiff tip so the ball stays down and spin stays low, but you can feel it load.

>

> I would love to here more about your game. What is your typical ball flight, you yardage breaks and gaps, how you describe your style of play. Etc.

If you like to flight shots and the way the Ventus feels you will love the MMT. Especially when you go at one, you can feel a little load but it never gets out of position.

My game in a nutshell:

Check my instagram page (handle below in my signature) as i just posted a swing a few days ago. I have a Rahm/Finau length backswing and aggressive transition. Bigger guy i guess, 6'2 230lbs (life long baseball player). My typical ball flight is a high draw as I tend to come from in to out in my swing path (years of baseball mixed with junior golf playing cut down adult clubs). I tend to do VERY poorly with shafts like the GD Tour AD DI. I like tip stiff shafts that stay with me but have feel. I would say my strength are my wedges and probably average ball striker for my hcp (scratch-+2). Off the tee is the weakest part of my game as the in to out swing can wreak havoc somedays hence the workout I did with Iteach in FL. Working on some great stuff right now to get me more on plane in the downswing.

Yardage gaps

4 - 215

5- 200

6- 185

7- 175

8- 165

9- 155

pw- 145

50- 130

54- 120

60- 105

Edel PROTO

> @dxdgenert said:

> > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

$225 a club for cast irons, they'd better be n/c.

• Like 1

Me too. I went out and got fitted about 1.5 yrs ago and was using NS ProModus 105-Stiff and got put into Recoil 760 ES F3 (68-gm/Reg), nearly 40-gm lighter. If it wasn't for the fact that I was having a bout of 'tennis elbow' at the time, I would have stopped that dead in its tracts. Also, since I've gotten the graphites, no pain from impacts...haven't had to use my elbow strap with plastic bubble that you see Champions Tour Scott McCarren play with all the time. I have contemplated going heavier graphite to try and satisfy my curiosity and also wondered, well, if you go heavier, then why can't you handle steel? So recently, I brought out my steel Adams CB2 Forged w//KBS90Tour Stiff out for a workout in a range session, and I was feeling the impacts in my spine all session long and the next day I was aching. Some said "oh you'll get used to that" and I said "why should I have to?"..... so my Adam's are on Ebay and I'll be looking to see how I do with a slighlyy heavier graphite to satisfy my feelings that current set is a bit light....but graphite for sure to minimize aches/pains. Just out of curiosity, I got my graphite with Golfpride grips and I usually self-grip with WinnDriTac Midsize, but since these were new grips I kept playing with the Golfprides.....but I kept getting blisters and callouses, had to use tape during any range session. I recently regripped with WinnDriTac's and even after the longest range session, no blisters or callouses even without tape....so the grips can also make a difference on hand/finger pain.

> @blev2 said:

> Been playing recoil prototypes for the last three years due to elbow pain. Made a world of difference. Interested to hear about these

GHIN Index 12.9
LH Epic Flash Driver-LH, 10.5*, Project X EvenFlow Riptide 50 (Light)
LH Callaway Rogue 5-wood (18*), 7-wood (20*); Aldila Synergy 60-Reg
LH Callaway Rogue ST Pro 4-AW, Recoil Dart 75 F3
LH Cleveland RTX 50*, 54*, 58*
LH Odyssey Double Wide Stroke Lab Putter

Great podcast loved your input. Im a reinstated amateur still play some high level amateur events a couple times a year. 115 mph ss been playing aldila rip 115 x for about 4 years now. Ive had 3 wrist surgeries and suffered elbow tendinitis for over 10 years so graphite really helps a lot. They discontinued the aldila rip 115 x so ive been kind of stuck with my current setup. You think these play similar? Did you try the kbs tgi 110s?

> @patopoc said:

> Great podcast loved your input. Im a reinstated amateur still play some high level amateur events a couple times a year. 115 mph ss been playing aldila rip 115 x for about 4 years now. Ive had 3 wrist surgeries and suffered elbow tendinitis for over 10 years so graphite really helps a lot. They discontinued the aldila rip 115 x so ive been kind of stuck with my current setup. You think these play similar? Did you try the kbs tgi 110s?

IMO these are a whole different animal than the RIP 115 (in a good way) Like RIP 70X vs Tensei Pro White 70TX. Haven't tried the KBS option due to the light weight.

Edel PROTO

> @Cruisin1966 said:

> > @J13 said:

> > Swing weight is on point and I mentioned it in the podcast but I really hope they offer these in a 120-125g weight and Stiff flex. I think they are being cautious but also might be underestimating the number of guys that love a S300 weight and flex. To me it's a no brainer, MAKE STIFF FLEX!

> >

>

> Yes please!

>

SO if I want these to play close to the S300 would I SS 1x or 2X.. I want to order these now lol... podcast has me sold and my elbow has been bugging me all year...

G430 17 HY DI HY 85 X

TSR2 21 HY DI HY 85 X

VOKEY 54 "F" S400

VOKEY 60 "V" S400

HOOFER LITE BLACK CAMO 

> @Wardonation said:

> > @Cruisin1966 said:

> > > @J13 said:

> > > Swing weight is on point and I mentioned it in the podcast but I really hope they offer these in a 120-125g weight and Stiff flex. I think they are being cautious but also might be underestimating the number of guys that love a S300 weight and flex. To me it's a no brainer, MAKE STIFF FLEX!

> > >

> >

> > Yes please!

> >

>

> SO if I want these to play close to the S300 whould I shuuugy shuuug 1x or 2X.. I want to order these now lol... podcast has me sold and my elbow has been bugging me all year...

I'm leaning this way as well. I have four shafts to test first (installed in Apex MB 7 irons), however: Accra i124, Fujikura Pro 115, Steelfiber fc115 and KBS TGI 110 all in "S" flex. I would think soft-stepping the MMT at least once might be a good place to start for me.

Irons: Artisan HC 4/5 w/ Steelfiber i95cw Stiff; 6-PW w/ Steelfiber i110cw Stiff

Wedges: Artisan Raw 51º, 56º, 61º w/ Modus 120s (to  be re-shafted with Steelfibers to match irons)

I’ll keep beating the dead horse but for those not looking for the heft of 120g+ shafts, the lighter weights have all of the same qualities that @J13 describes in a lighter package.

My 80g+ (I think they’re closer to 86g?) shafts are very stable with planets of feel. Flight is high but not ballooning. I do find them to reach a higher total height, spin a bit less and launch a bit lower than DG S300 but not substantially so. The vibration dampening is night and day different vs DG’s. Mishits, especially those thin ones, still have feedback but without the jarring sting.

I’ll leave this thread to the “heavy hitters” but dink and dunkers should check these out, as well!

> @dxdgenert said:

> I’ll keep beating the dead horse but for those not looking for the heft of 120g+ shafts, the lighter weights have all of the same qualities that @J13 describes in a lighter package.

>

> My 80g+ (I think they’re closer to 86g?) shafts are very stable with planets of feel. Flight is high but not ballooning. I do find them to spin more and launch a bit higher than DG S300 but not substantially so. The vibration dampening is night and day different vs DG’s. Mishits, especially those thin ones, still have feedback but without the jarring sting.

>

> I’ll leave this thread to the “heavy hitters” but dink and dunkers should check these out, as well!

My issue is definitely weight related. Can't seem to get along with the lighter graphite shafts. My goal is to have the same weight/feel as using the DG S300's, but with the added dampening for my wrist and elbow

• Like 1