** OFFICIAL REVIEW: MITSUBISHI MMT Iron Shafts ***** FINAL REVIEW Post #2 is UP

J13

> @mBiden2 said:

> > @Wardonation said:

> > OK I ordered these but I am going to SSx2 after speaking with someone at Mitsubishi. I normally play a S300... I will be putting these into my t100's and will let people know what I think...

>

> Where did you order them from? And what did you pay?

Try Club Champion. I'm headed there next week to give these a try.

The answer to better golf is hit it better, farther, and make more putts.

> @J13 said:

> > @SMUGamer said:

> > Great review J! Thanks for the time invested.

> >

> > Interestingly, I bought the Mitsu OT Tour Graphite Iron shafts when they came out to put in my Srixon 745's. They perform very well and I use them as a backup to my 785's with TI X100's. I wonder what the difference is between MMT, OT, and Thumps? That would be an interesting test!

> >

>

> My guess is the incorporation of their new MMT tech which pushes the weight lower into the shaft creating the balance of steel. But i agree it would be cool to test.

>

>

>

> **Addition **: Didn't mention it in my review but after playing yesterday I noticed how much better i'm hitting long irons. They are flying a little higher and noticeably tighter in dispersion. Also easier to launch when the ball is sitting down which is nice.

I experienced the same with my OT's although I got one or two floaters into the wind when I jumped on a couple, which scared me because I HATE floaters. I guess its why I reverted back to my old faithful TI X100's in my 785's.

> @SMUGamer said:

> > @J13 said:

> > > @SMUGamer said:

> > > Great review J! Thanks for the time invested.

> > >

> > > Interestingly, I bought the Mitsu OT Tour Graphite Iron shafts when they came out to put in my Srixon 745's. They perform very well and I use them as a backup to my 785's with TI X100's. I wonder what the difference is between MMT, OT, and Thumps? That would be an interesting test!

> > >

> >

> > My guess is the incorporation of their new MMT tech which pushes the weight lower into the shaft creating the balance of steel. But i agree it would be cool to test.

> >

> >

> >

> > **Addition **: Didn't mention it in my review but after playing yesterday I noticed how much better i'm hitting long irons. They are flying a little higher and noticeably tighter in dispersion. Also easier to launch when the ball is sitting down which is nice.

>

> I experienced the same with my OT's although I got one or two floaters into the wind when I jumped on a couple, which scared me because I HATE floaters. I guess its why I reverted back to my old faithful TI X100's in my 785's.

>

>

Haven't noticed any floaters so that's a good thing.

@PreppySlapCut You will be happy with that transition once the time comes.

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

> @QuigleyDU said:

> > @dxdgenert said:

> > > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > > @Philomathesq said:

> > > > > @CallawayLefty said:

> > > > > I’m still interested, but the build up is a little overblown at this point...

> > > > >

> > > > > On an on-topic note - anybody know how much these things cost? Guess the hype train from this thread is working, notwithstanding that I haven’t read a single word about the performance of the shafts.

> > > >

> > > > MSRP is $100 per shaft.

> > >

> > > That’s pretty steep. This is the biggest barrier for the masses to jump into graphite. Cost.

> >

> > Standard offering in my PXG 0211’s. Just sayin...

>

> At the cost of pxg clubs you should be able to get any shaft you want. Standard...

The 0211 aren’t expensive, at least compared to PXG’s typical irons. They’re pretty much right in with TaylorMade P790’s and other similar offerings. I only paid $105 per iron, which you won’t be able to beat by any manufacturer.

Driver: PXG 0811X Gen 4 w/ Tensei CK Pro Orange 60S

Fairway: TTE E8 Beta w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 110 70S

Driving Iron:  PXG 0311X 2i w/ Tensei CK Pro White 90S

Hybrid:  PXG 0317X Gen2 19o w/ Tensei CK Pro Orange 90S

Irons:  PXG 0311P Gen4 5-G w/ AeroTech SteelFiber 115fc S

Wedges:  Taylormade MG2 56o & 60o

Putter:  Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

@J13 So as far as using these as wedge shafts.... I previously mentioned I'd likely have to soft step an entire set because I'm just in modus 120X (and not TX like you). Would you suggest for my P-LW using 9i shafts then? Or maybe using 9i shaft for PW and GW, then the PW shaft for SW and LW? I have modus 120X in my PW now, plus modus 120TX 8i shafts in my GW and SW, then modus wedge 125 in the LW.

> @Z1ggy16 said:

> @J13 So as far as using these as wedge shafts.... I previously mentioned I'd likely have to soft step an entire set because I'm just in modus 120X (and not TX like you). Would you suggest for my P-LW using 9i shafts then? Or maybe using 9i shaft for PW and GW, then the PW shaft for SW and LW? I have modus 120X in my PW now, plus modus 120TX 8i shafts in my GW and SW, then modus wedge 125 in the LW.

Personally I'd use 9i shafts in all the wedges but that's just me. YOu might want to reach out to Mitsubishi and ask them how the 8i shaft would work.

Edel PROTO

> @HONDA4LIFE said:

> On a scale of a 1995 Civic with 312,000 miles -- TO -- a fresh S2000 with upgraded turbos and a high downforce ricer wing. Where would you rate the MMT

I don't want to put words into J13's mouth, but I think the only proper answer to this is: the new NSX GT3.

Driver: TaylorMade SIM 8* (standard setting) with MCA Tensei AV Raw Orange 75TX at 44.5"
3W: TaylorMade M5 15* (standard setting) with Oban Devotion 8 O5 at 42"
Hybrid: PXG Gen 2 0317X 19* (standard setting) with Oban Kiyoshi Purple Hybrid O5 at 39.5"
4i-9i: Callaway '18 Apex MB's with KBS C-Taper 130X at 1/4" long
46: Callaway JAWS MD5 10S
50: Callaway JAWS MD5 10S
54: Callaway JAWS MD5 8C
58: Callaway JAWS MD5 8W
Putter: Kari Lajosi Custom DD201WB

> @Philomathesq said:

> > @HONDA4LIFE said:

> > On a scale of a 1995 Civic with 312,000 miles -- TO -- a fresh S2000 with upgraded turbos and a high downforce ricer wing. Where would you rate the MMT

>

> I don't want to put words into J13's mouth, but I think the only proper answer to this is: the new NSX GT3.

haha I would agree with this.

Edel PROTO

> @HONDA4LIFE said:

> On a scale of a 1995 Civic with 312,000 miles -- TO -- a fresh S2000 with upgraded turbos and a high downforce ricer wing. Where would you rate the MMT

Just make sure you have a giant spoiler on your car ESPECIALLY if it's front wheel drive

• Haha 1

Edel PROTO

Another player hit them today, former mini tour player. His comment was "I might have to move to graphite". First thing he noticed was how soft they were, not the flex but how soft the shots came off the face with little vibration in the hands. He had wrist surgery 2 years ago so he's always looking for ways to reduce the stress on the joints. Just another example of what people are saying when trying the MMT's.

• Like 1

Edel PROTO

> @J13 said:

> Another player hit them today, former mini tour player. His comment was "I might have to move to graphite". First thing he noticed was how soft they were, not the flex but how soft the shots came off the face with little vibration in the hands. He had wrist surgery 2 years ago so he's always looking for ways to reduce the stress on the joints. Just another example of what people are saying when trying the MMT's.

I really want to try these.

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

> @jj9000 said:

> How do the MMT compare to SteelFiber i125 Stiff?

Hard to say without hitting them side by side. But feel wise they are better than anything i've ever tried.

• Like 1

Edel PROTO

About me--

53 years old

5'10"

Hover around a 4 handicap most of the year, will break par a couple of times and shoot 82 a couple of times!!

Could lose a few LBS

Play 6 iron at 37.75/D5-D6 swing weight/1* flatish

Ball Flight is slight pull fade/baby draw

Usually 17-18* LA/5300 rpm/100 ft apex/ 180 yard 6 iron/90 mph Swing speed(tested 7 iron-- 86mph and 170 yards.

So me and J13 don't swing the same speed..he is a bit faster overall and a better player overall, but we have had similar taste in shafts with the Modus, KBS Ctaper over the years. Modus 120x and recently 120TX(which I have used before) being the shaft for the last few years. I am a bit older than J13 but still get about 90 mph out of a 6 iron when loosened up!

I have always preferred a heavier shaft, Ctaper 130, DGS400, Modus 125 S, 120TX, experimented with 120X(120 grams) for the last couple years (53 years old now), figuring needed lighter since older. Played them for a while and they worked, but still had my bad miss of left too often. Usually play a pretty straight ball or baby fade and on the odd day a baby draw. Nothing too far left or right, just not an absolutely consistent flight either way. Get to play maybe 2 times per week on a good week, and don't like to practice a lot.

So last weekend or so I played 2 rounds in Pinehurst, one at Dormie Club and the other Pinehurst #4, played okay, but #4 was slow and back was getting a bit tight, need it loose to get thru it correctly with the Modus 120TX in Callaway Apex Pro Dot's. Once I got back, saw the J13 had posted his testing on the MMT's....figured it may be worth a try if a bit easier to swing and less impact on the back.

So I ordered a set of the 125TX in 4 thru pw to test in what I will call my Winter set-- Epon AF-305's...yeah, might have a few different sets laying around right now...go figure. Got them installed yesterday and did some testing on Trackman with 7 irons when I got into the shop this morning. Tested 7 irons, both same lie/length/loft and within .50 to 1 pt swing weight difference..the MMT's being heavier swing weight installed straight in then the Modus. Was around D6'ish on average.

Warmed up with the Dot head/125 TX to get loose, then started collecting data...hit about 15 shots after loose and kept the similar shots, throwing out the thin long ones and heavy short ones. I hate to practice and sometimes just hitting balls is tough on me mentally...just never have liked it---tend to tinker with swing in no real beneficial manner, just prefer to play when I have the chance. Normal results, around 170 carry, good parameters on all trackman numbers I look at. Went back after hitting the Epon /MMT combo again and kept a few of the later swings and first set to get a good mix of test swings.

Then the Epon/MMT swings, this didn't take as many as the DOT/TX swings to get a good batch of numbers. First few went a bit more left than usual while I adjusted to the BALANCE of the shaft and head with my feel of the swing. Once I was acclimated to it is where the difference in SWING FEEL disappeared, as in feeling the plane of my swing with each club...felt very similar. This is important for me, as I get quick in transition and need to feel the whole club, nothing I was able to do with Graphite iron shafts before, these I could tell. I have hit the Aerotech 125 S, and the Matrix Program 130 in the past...just felt nothing in the backswing, not too flat or upright.

4a6wj6ngnd62.jpg

8p9uzu0ttlr8.jpg

q0mehoytmgkd.jpg

52jh5l8wkr5y.jpg

Although the 2 clubs have about the same swing weight, there was just an inherent ease to swinging the MMTs in the Epons. They feel softer due to the shaft, not that the Epons aren't butter already--melted butter with the MMT's! Due to the ease of the swing, say less 'work', I was able to get thru the ball a bit better and not get the face out of whack at impact. When I feel a bit of a throw I know I close the face a bit more and get that lovely pull draw that I just LOVE...kidding. I didn't feel the need to throw the Epon's with the MMT's as much if I got a bit quick, again, a bit more ease in the swing overall.

J13 hit all the highlights in the feel and overall tighter dispersion, saw similar results, my left miss wasn't as far left with the MMT's and the straighter ball was just....straighter. They will stay in the winter set for testing for the next few rounds and I will update on course results. Any questions?

Thanks to J13 for letting me post in his thread for more information....

• Like 3

Callaway Mavrik SZ 9.0 VA Composites Nemesys 65 04
Callaway Mavrik SZ 15 VA Composites Nemesys 75 04
Callaway Mavrik Pro Hybrid 18* Veylix Rome 888 S
Callaway 2019 Apex Pro DOT 4-PW Mits MMT 125 TX/ Vega Mizar Tour Oban CT 115 X
Odyssey WHP #3-Stability Tour, Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5, Toulon Long Island Garage-Stability Shaft
Callaway MD5 Jaws Tour Grey 50/54/58 and  Cobra Tour Versatile 50/54/58 Mitsubishi MMT 125TX Graphite
Lamkin Sonar Plus Wrap

WITB Link

Great write up! Did you order yours through Mitsubishi? I’m really eager to try these!

Driver: TaylorMade SIM MAX (10.5 degrees - set to 9.75 and 1.5 degrees open)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 White 70 TX (at 45" and tipped 1")

3-wood: TaylorMade SIM (15 degrees)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 Black 70 TX (at 43" and tipped 1")

UDI: *** Under Construction ***

Irons: TaylorMade P-7MC 4-PW (1 degree upright)

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Tour 120 X

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore Tour Rack (Raw) 52.10, 56.12 & 60.12

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Wedge 125

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Mid-Slant (at 34")

@"Dscvrr St Louis" - Thanks for sharing the info and glad you are seeing the same results I am. It's always nice to see some numbers, I wish I could have gotten on the trackman but my only option was indoors and hitting off mats is completely out of the question right now with my elbow. Great review!

Keep us updated and as I've said feel free to post in here anytime

Edel PROTO

> @mBiden2 said:

> Great write up! Did you order yours through Mitsubishi? I’m really eager to try these!

I ordered thru my work, I run a club fitting store in St Louis. Came from Mitsubishi. They are unlike any graphite I have played. Eager to get on the course this week.

Odyssey WHP #3-Stability Tour, Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5, Toulon Long Island Garage-Stability Shaft
Callaway MD5 Jaws Tour Grey 50/54/58 and  Cobra Tour Versatile 50/54/58 Mitsubishi MMT 125TX Graphite
Lamkin Sonar Plus Wrap

WITB Link

Also to note:

Taper Tip (.355) : is a gloss finish (what i have)

Parallel tip (.370) : Matte finish

• Like 1

Edel PROTO

> @bfizzy said:

> I have a set of P7TW irons just sitting there waiting for new shafts! Unfortunately my local fitters only carry up 80grams so won't be able to try them...may have to send a few clubs in and get the shafts installed to mess around with.

Availability is key for shafts like this. If people can't try them most won't buy them which would be a shame. Hopefully fitters will get the heavier flexes as they become available .

Edel PROTO

> @J13 said:

> > @bfizzy said:

> > I have a set of P7TW irons just sitting there waiting for new shafts! Unfortunately my local fitters only carry up 80grams so won't be able to try them...may have to send a few clubs in and get the shafts installed to mess around with.

>

> Availability is key for shafts like this. If people can't try them most won't buy them which would be a shame. Hopefully fitters will get the heavier flexes as they become available .

Agreed. Kind of a chicken or egg argument with heavier graphite iron shafts for fitters and local shops. I’m sure they would carry everything they could, but adding another sku(s) to inventory for what probably has little demand right now doesn’t make sense, but oh the other side people won’t try unless it is available to them.

> @bfizzy said:

> > @J13 said:

> > > @bfizzy said:

> > > I have a set of P7TW irons just sitting there waiting for new shafts! Unfortunately my local fitters only carry up 80grams so won't be able to try them...may have to send a few clubs in and get the shafts installed to mess around with.

> >

> > Availability is key for shafts like this. If people can't try them most won't buy them which would be a shame. Hopefully fitters will get the heavier flexes as they become available .

>

> Agreed. Kind of a chicken or egg argument with heavier graphite iron shafts for fitters and local shops. I’m sure they would carry everything they could, but adding another sku(s) to inventory for what probably has little demand right now doesn’t make sense, but oh the other side people won’t try unless it is available to them.

agree. Hopefully, Mitsu does a full marketing push

Edel PROTO

Got first round in with MMT's in the Epons today, and was very pleasantly surprised and happy with the results.

To be more specific on performance and feel---

Feel-- I thought that shaft load, release, feel, impact and response at the point of impact was always there like STEEL(but softer) vs what I have felt in the past from graphite iron shafts. It just felt like an iron to me overall but with a slight softer sound at impact. It was still dynamic and powerful for me. Balance of the irons were so on point.

Performance--

1st hole-- hit a tree and kicked it backward with driver-- had 190 in from a good lie in rough, came out great and high and was just off green to the right pin high. Figured I might pull it, went straight.

3rd hole--160 pin, 8 iron pin high, great ball flight, hit very solid, bit left(my miss).

5th hole-- hit tee shot left rough, had to hit a low flighted 6 iron punch from the rough and pulled it off perfectly to back of green...felt very balanced shaft wise while hitting this shot.

8th hole--par 3-- 156 yards, hit it about 160 with high baby draw to about 8 ft. released maybe 2 ft.

12th hole--par 5 3rd shot from 176(trees again of tee)...hit it a foot off the green pin high with 7 iron. again, felt great and like I was hitting a 7 iron, regardless of shaft overall, just a bit softer but responsive feedback--knew when I hit it, that it was there.

In summary...I will do more comparisons in the trackman bay, but performance on a course I play 30 times a year was like it was any other set of irons I own, but just feel more efficient, softer yet responsive feedback on strike quality, and loved the feel in my arms, joints, shoulders....there is just virtually no shock at impact. I really love the feel, I don't think there is any downside to the MMT's at all, have the weight I prefer and perform as good if not better than steel overall.

Can't wait to play again!!

Thanks for reading.

• Like 1

Lamkin Sonar Plus Wrap

WITB Link

> @"Dscvrr St Louis" said:

> Got first round in with MMT's in the Epons today, and was very pleasantly surprised and happy with the results.

> To be more specific on performance and feel---

>

> Feel-- I thought that shaft load, release, feel, impact and response at the point of impact was always there like STEEL(but softer) vs what I have felt in the past from graphite iron shafts. It just felt like an iron to me overall but with a slight softer sound at impact. It was still dynamic and powerful for me. Balance of the irons were so on point.

> Performance--

> 1st hole-- hit a tree and kicked it backward with driver-- had 190 in from a good lie in rough, came out great and high and was just off green to the right pin high. Figured I might pull it, went straight.

> 3rd hole--160 pin, 8 iron pin high, great ball flight, hit very solid, bit left(my miss).

> 5th hole-- hit tee shot left rough, had to hit a low flighted 6 iron punch from the rough and pulled it off perfectly to back of green...felt very balanced shaft wise while hitting this shot.

> 8th hole--par 3-- 156 yards, hit it about 160 with high baby draw to about 8 ft. released maybe 2 ft.

> 12th hole--par 5 3rd shot from 176(trees again of tee)...hit it a foot off the green pin high with 7 iron. again, felt great and like I was hitting a 7 iron, regardless of shaft overall, just a bit softer but responsive feedback--knew when I hit it, that it was there.

>

> In summary...I will do more comparisons in the trackman bay, but performance on a course I play 30 times a year was like it was any other set of irons I own, but just feel more efficient, softer yet responsive feedback on strike quality, and loved the feel in my arms, joints, shoulders....there is just virtually no shock at impact. I really love the feel, I don't think there is any downside to the MMT's at all, have the weight I prefer and perform as good if not better than steel overall.

>

> Can't wait to play again!!

>

> Thanks for reading.

>

>

Are you saying they feel soft to flex or just smooth to flex? What steel shafts do you play? Thanks...

PING G430 Max 8 degree (digitally lofted) TR Blue 6X tipped .5". 44.5" D4 

G430 17 HY DI HY 85 X

TSR2 21 HY DI HY 85 X

4 THRU PW King Tour KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 48 "F" KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 54 "F" S400

VOKEY 60 "V" S400

SCOTTY CAMERON T11 BGT POLAR SHAFT SAND BLASTED TO MATCH HEAD... FLATSO 1.0

HOOFER LITE BLACK CAMO 

> @Wardonation said:

> > @"Dscvrr St Louis" said:

> > Got first round in with MMT's in the Epons today, and was very pleasantly surprised and happy with the results.

> > To be more specific on performance and feel---

> >

> > Feel-- I thought that shaft load, release, feel, impact and response at the point of impact was always there like STEEL(but softer) vs what I have felt in the past from graphite iron shafts. It just felt like an iron to me overall but with a slight softer sound at impact. It was still dynamic and powerful for me. Balance of the irons were so on point.

> > Performance--

> > 1st hole-- hit a tree and kicked it backward with driver-- had 190 in from a good lie in rough, came out great and high and was just off green to the right pin high. Figured I might pull it, went straight.

> > 3rd hole--160 pin, 8 iron pin high, great ball flight, hit very solid, bit left(my miss).

> > 5th hole-- hit tee shot left rough, had to hit a low flighted 6 iron punch from the rough and pulled it off perfectly to back of green...felt very balanced shaft wise while hitting this shot.

> > 8th hole--par 3-- 156 yards, hit it about 160 with high baby draw to about 8 ft. released maybe 2 ft.

> > 12th hole--par 5 3rd shot from 176(trees again of tee)...hit it a foot off the green pin high with 7 iron. again, felt great and like I was hitting a 7 iron, regardless of shaft overall, just a bit softer but responsive feedback--knew when I hit it, that it was there.

> >

> > In summary...I will do more comparisons in the trackman bay, but performance on a course I play 30 times a year was like it was any other set of irons I own, but just feel more efficient, softer yet responsive feedback on strike quality, and loved the feel in my arms, joints, shoulders....there is just virtually no shock at impact. I really love the feel, I don't think there is any downside to the MMT's at all, have the weight I prefer and perform as good if not better than steel overall.

> >

> > Can't wait to play again!!

> >

> > Thanks for reading.

> >

> >

>

> Are you saying they feel soft to flex or just smooth to flex? What steel shafts do you play? Thanks...

They are playing true to their flex for sure, they are stout with a smooth feel thru the swing, but with enough overall weight balance for me to feel the shaft load and release appropriately.

I usually play the Modus 120 TX(127-128 grams).

I never felt I was overswinging the MMT's, literally didn't have any thoughts of the shafts being too weak or even so different than steel for overall feel. The balance is good enough that I can feel the whole club on plane in the swing, whereas with other graphite, I lose the 'whole' club feel in portions of the swing.

These are easily best heavier graphite iron shafts I have ever felt. I don't feel the MMTs have any disadvantages in the irons, just advantages as for as feel and less body fatigue when playing.

Lamkin Sonar Plus Wrap

WITB Link

> @"Dscvrr St Louis" said:

> > @Wardonation said:

> > > @"Dscvrr St Louis" said:

> > > Got first round in with MMT's in the Epons today, and was very pleasantly surprised and happy with the results.

> > > To be more specific on performance and feel---

> > >

> > > Feel-- I thought that shaft load, release, feel, impact and response at the point of impact was always there like STEEL(but softer) vs what I have felt in the past from graphite iron shafts. It just felt like an iron to me overall but with a slight softer sound at impact. It was still dynamic and powerful for me. Balance of the irons were so on point.

> > > Performance--

> > > 1st hole-- hit a tree and kicked it backward with driver-- had 190 in from a good lie in rough, came out great and high and was just off green to the right pin high. Figured I might pull it, went straight.

> > > 3rd hole--160 pin, 8 iron pin high, great ball flight, hit very solid, bit left(my miss).

> > > 5th hole-- hit tee shot left rough, had to hit a low flighted 6 iron punch from the rough and pulled it off perfectly to back of green...felt very balanced shaft wise while hitting this shot.

> > > 8th hole--par 3-- 156 yards, hit it about 160 with high baby draw to about 8 ft. released maybe 2 ft.

> > > 12th hole--par 5 3rd shot from 176(trees again of tee)...hit it a foot off the green pin high with 7 iron. again, felt great and like I was hitting a 7 iron, regardless of shaft overall, just a bit softer but responsive feedback--knew when I hit it, that it was there.

> > >

> > > In summary...I will do more comparisons in the trackman bay, but performance on a course I play 30 times a year was like it was any other set of irons I own, but just feel more efficient, softer yet responsive feedback on strike quality, and loved the feel in my arms, joints, shoulders....there is just virtually no shock at impact. I really love the feel, I don't think there is any downside to the MMT's at all, have the weight I prefer and perform as good if not better than steel overall.

> > >

> > > Can't wait to play again!!

> > >

> > > Thanks for reading.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Are you saying they feel soft to flex or just smooth to flex? What steel shafts do you play? Thanks...

>

> They are playing true to their flex for sure, they are stout with a smooth feel thru the swing, but with enough overall weight balance for me to feel the shaft load and release appropriately.

> I usually play the Modus 120 TX(127-128 grams).

> I never felt I was overswinging the MMT's, literally didn't have any thoughts of the shafts being too weak or even so different than steel for overall feel. The balance is good enough that I can feel the whole club on plane in the swing, whereas with other graphite, I lose the 'whole' club feel in portions of the swing.

> These are easily best heavier graphite iron shafts I have ever felt. I don't feel the MMTs have any disadvantages in the irons, just advantages as for as feel and less body fatigue when playing.

Did you go after one at all? Lose any feel or ball do anything different vs Steel?

> @bfizzy said:

> > @"Dscvrr St Louis" said:

> > > @Wardonation said:

> > > > @"Dscvrr St Louis" said:

> > > > Got first round in with MMT's in the Epons today, and was very pleasantly surprised and happy with the results.

> > > > To be more specific on performance and feel---

> > > >

> > > > Feel-- I thought that shaft load, release, feel, impact and response at the point of impact was always there like STEEL(but softer) vs what I have felt in the past from graphite iron shafts. It just felt like an iron to me overall but with a slight softer sound at impact. It was still dynamic and powerful for me. Balance of the irons were so on point.

> > > > Performance--

> > > > 1st hole-- hit a tree and kicked it backward with driver-- had 190 in from a good lie in rough, came out great and high and was just off green to the right pin high. Figured I might pull it, went straight.

> > > > 3rd hole--160 pin, 8 iron pin high, great ball flight, hit very solid, bit left(my miss).

> > > > 5th hole-- hit tee shot left rough, had to hit a low flighted 6 iron punch from the rough and pulled it off perfectly to back of green...felt very balanced shaft wise while hitting this shot.

> > > > 8th hole--par 3-- 156 yards, hit it about 160 with high baby draw to about 8 ft. released maybe 2 ft.

> > > > 12th hole--par 5 3rd shot from 176(trees again of tee)...hit it a foot off the green pin high with 7 iron. again, felt great and like I was hitting a 7 iron, regardless of shaft overall, just a bit softer but responsive feedback--knew when I hit it, that it was there.

> > > >

> > > > In summary...I will do more comparisons in the trackman bay, but performance on a course I play 30 times a year was like it was any other set of irons I own, but just feel more efficient, softer yet responsive feedback on strike quality, and loved the feel in my arms, joints, shoulders....there is just virtually no shock at impact. I really love the feel, I don't think there is any downside to the MMT's at all, have the weight I prefer and perform as good if not better than steel overall.

> > > >

> > > > Can't wait to play again!!

> > > >

> > > > Thanks for reading.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Are you saying they feel soft to flex or just smooth to flex? What steel shafts do you play? Thanks...

> >

> > They are playing true to their flex for sure, they are stout with a smooth feel thru the swing, but with enough overall weight balance for me to feel the shaft load and release appropriately.

> > I usually play the Modus 120 TX(127-128 grams).

> > I never felt I was overswinging the MMT's, literally didn't have any thoughts of the shafts being too weak or even so different than steel for overall feel. The balance is good enough that I can feel the whole club on plane in the swing, whereas with other graphite, I lose the 'whole' club feel in portions of the swing.

> > These are easily best heavier graphite iron shafts I have ever felt. I don't feel the MMTs have any disadvantages in the irons, just advantages as for as feel and less body fatigue when playing.

>

> Did you go after one at all? Lose any feel or ball do anything different vs Steel?

@"Dscvrr St Louis" - Thanks for the update brotha and your contribution to the thread

@bfizzy The harder I go at one the more i squeeze out of the shafts. That's the big difference to me. Steel seems to have a point of diminishing returns whereas the MMT"s don't. Think of the MMT's as a more consistent and efficient shaft over steel. That's the best way I can describe it.

Edel PROTO