** OFFICIAL REVIEW: MITSUBISHI MMT Iron Shafts ***** FINAL REVIEW Post #2 is UP

J13

> @J13 said:

> > @bfizzy said:

> > > @"Dscvrr St Louis" said:

> > > > @Wardonation said:

> > > > > @"Dscvrr St Louis" said:

> > > > > Got first round in with MMT's in the Epons today, and was very pleasantly surprised and happy with the results.

> > > > > To be more specific on performance and feel---

> > > > >

> > > > > Feel-- I thought that shaft load, release, feel, impact and response at the point of impact was always there like STEEL(but softer) vs what I have felt in the past from graphite iron shafts. It just felt like an iron to me overall but with a slight softer sound at impact. It was still dynamic and powerful for me. Balance of the irons were so on point.

> > > > > Performance--

> > > > > 1st hole-- hit a tree and kicked it backward with driver-- had 190 in from a good lie in rough, came out great and high and was just off green to the right pin high. Figured I might pull it, went straight.

> > > > > 3rd hole--160 pin, 8 iron pin high, great ball flight, hit very solid, bit left(my miss).

> > > > > 5th hole-- hit tee shot left rough, had to hit a low flighted 6 iron punch from the rough and pulled it off perfectly to back of green...felt very balanced shaft wise while hitting this shot.

> > > > > 8th hole--par 3-- 156 yards, hit it about 160 with high baby draw to about 8 ft. released maybe 2 ft.

> > > > > 12th hole--par 5 3rd shot from 176(trees again of tee)...hit it a foot off the green pin high with 7 iron. again, felt great and like I was hitting a 7 iron, regardless of shaft overall, just a bit softer but responsive feedback--knew when I hit it, that it was there.

> > > > >

> > > > > In summary...I will do more comparisons in the trackman bay, but performance on a course I play 30 times a year was like it was any other set of irons I own, but just feel more efficient, softer yet responsive feedback on strike quality, and loved the feel in my arms, joints, shoulders....there is just virtually no shock at impact. I really love the feel, I don't think there is any downside to the MMT's at all, have the weight I prefer and perform as good if not better than steel overall.

> > > > >

> > > > > Can't wait to play again!!

> > > > >

> > > > > Thanks for reading.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Are you saying they feel soft to flex or just smooth to flex? What steel shafts do you play? Thanks...

> > >

> > > They are playing true to their flex for sure, they are stout with a smooth feel thru the swing, but with enough overall weight balance for me to feel the shaft load and release appropriately.

> > > I usually play the Modus 120 TX(127-128 grams).

> > > I never felt I was overswinging the MMT's, literally didn't have any thoughts of the shafts being too weak or even so different than steel for overall feel. The balance is good enough that I can feel the whole club on plane in the swing, whereas with other graphite, I lose the 'whole' club feel in portions of the swing.

> > > These are easily best heavier graphite iron shafts I have ever felt. I don't feel the MMTs have any disadvantages in the irons, just advantages as for as feel and less body fatigue when playing.

> >

> > Did you go after one at all? Lose any feel or ball do anything different vs Steel?

>

>

> @"Dscvrr St Louis" - Thanks for the update brotha and your contribution to the thread

>

> @bfizzy The harder I go at one the more i squeeze out of the shafts. That's the big difference to me. Steel seems to have a point of diminishing returns whereas the MMT"s don't. Think of the MMT's as a more consistent and efficient shaft over steel. That's the best way I can describe it.

@j13 I’m curious as if you’d make the general statement of the MMT being a composite shaft that isn’t as good as steel but better? For me it feels better (less impact), is more consistent (tighter dispersion) and goes further (in the case of the lighter weights, anyway). There doesn’t seem to be a “con” in the column.

Callaway Mavrik 9* w/ Aldila ROGUE White 130 M.S.I. 60
Callaway Mavrik 3 wood w/ Aldila ROGUE White 130 M.S.I. 70
Callaway Mavrik 3 hybrid w/ Project X Catalyst 75
PXG Gen 1 0311X 4 iron w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80
PXG Gen 5 0311 XP 5-7 w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

PXG Gen 5 0311 XP 8-GW w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

PXG Gen 2 0311 Forged 54 w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

PXG Gen 2 0311 Forged 60 w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

Titleist Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2 

> @bfizzy said:

> > @"Dscvrr St Louis" said:

> > > @Wardonation said:

> > > > @"Dscvrr St Louis" said:

> > > > Got first round in with MMT's in the Epons today, and was very pleasantly surprised and happy with the results.

> > > > To be more specific on performance and feel---

> > > >

> > > > Feel-- I thought that shaft load, release, feel, impact and response at the point of impact was always there like STEEL(but softer) vs what I have felt in the past from graphite iron shafts. It just felt like an iron to me overall but with a slight softer sound at impact. It was still dynamic and powerful for me. Balance of the irons were so on point.

> > > > Performance--

> > > > 1st hole-- hit a tree and kicked it backward with driver-- had 190 in from a good lie in rough, came out great and high and was just off green to the right pin high. Figured I might pull it, went straight.

> > > > 3rd hole--160 pin, 8 iron pin high, great ball flight, hit very solid, bit left(my miss).

> > > > 5th hole-- hit tee shot left rough, had to hit a low flighted 6 iron punch from the rough and pulled it off perfectly to back of green...felt very balanced shaft wise while hitting this shot.

> > > > 8th hole--par 3-- 156 yards, hit it about 160 with high baby draw to about 8 ft. released maybe 2 ft.

> > > > 12th hole--par 5 3rd shot from 176(trees again of tee)...hit it a foot off the green pin high with 7 iron. again, felt great and like I was hitting a 7 iron, regardless of shaft overall, just a bit softer but responsive feedback--knew when I hit it, that it was there.

> > > >

> > > > In summary...I will do more comparisons in the trackman bay, but performance on a course I play 30 times a year was like it was any other set of irons I own, but just feel more efficient, softer yet responsive feedback on strike quality, and loved the feel in my arms, joints, shoulders....there is just virtually no shock at impact. I really love the feel, I don't think there is any downside to the MMT's at all, have the weight I prefer and perform as good if not better than steel overall.

> > > >

> > > > Can't wait to play again!!

> > > >

> > > > Thanks for reading.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Are you saying they feel soft to flex or just smooth to flex? What steel shafts do you play? Thanks...

> >

> > They are playing true to their flex for sure, they are stout with a smooth feel thru the swing, but with enough overall weight balance for me to feel the shaft load and release appropriately.

> > I usually play the Modus 120 TX(127-128 grams).

> > I never felt I was overswinging the MMT's, literally didn't have any thoughts of the shafts being too weak or even so different than steel for overall feel. The balance is good enough that I can feel the whole club on plane in the swing, whereas with other graphite, I lose the 'whole' club feel in portions of the swing.

> > These are easily best heavier graphite iron shafts I have ever felt. I don't feel the MMTs have any disadvantages in the irons, just advantages as for as feel and less body fatigue when playing.

>

> Did you go after one at all? Lose any feel or ball do anything different vs Steel?

I went after the 7 iron on the par 5. usually a 170 club all day...got the distance with a very similar ball flight to a normal swing. I don't consider me a high ball hitter, more avg height. Didn't feel anything in the shaft to say it was overworked when hit it hard. if anything even more responsive on the 'stepped on' swing.

Callaway Mavrik SZ 9.0 VA Composites Nemesys 65 04
Callaway Mavrik SZ 15 VA Composites Nemesys 75 04
Callaway Mavrik Pro Hybrid 18* Veylix Rome 888 S
Callaway 2019 Apex Pro DOT 4-PW Mits MMT 125 TX/ Vega Mizar Tour Oban CT 115 X
Odyssey WHP #3-Stability Tour, Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5, Toulon Long Island Garage-Stability Shaft
Callaway MD5 Jaws Tour Grey 50/54/58 and  Cobra Tour Versatile 50/54/58 Mitsubishi MMT 125TX Graphite
Lamkin Sonar Plus Wrap

WITB Link

> @dxdgenert said:

> > @J13 said:

> > > @bfizzy said:

> > > > > @Wardonation said:

> > > > > > @"Dscvrr St Louis" said:

> > > > > > Got first round in with MMT's in the Epons today, and was very pleasantly surprised and happy with the results.

> > > > > > To be more specific on performance and feel---

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Feel-- I thought that shaft load, release, feel, impact and response at the point of impact was always there like STEEL(but softer) vs what I have felt in the past from graphite iron shafts. It just felt like an iron to me overall but with a slight softer sound at impact. It was still dynamic and powerful for me. Balance of the irons were so on point.

> > > > > > Performance--

> > > > > > 1st hole-- hit a tree and kicked it backward with driver-- had 190 in from a good lie in rough, came out great and high and was just off green to the right pin high. Figured I might pull it, went straight.

> > > > > > 3rd hole--160 pin, 8 iron pin high, great ball flight, hit very solid, bit left(my miss).

> > > > > > 5th hole-- hit tee shot left rough, had to hit a low flighted 6 iron punch from the rough and pulled it off perfectly to back of green...felt very balanced shaft wise while hitting this shot.

> > > > > > 8th hole--par 3-- 156 yards, hit it about 160 with high baby draw to about 8 ft. released maybe 2 ft.

> > > > > > 12th hole--par 5 3rd shot from 176(trees again of tee)...hit it a foot off the green pin high with 7 iron. again, felt great and like I was hitting a 7 iron, regardless of shaft overall, just a bit softer but responsive feedback--knew when I hit it, that it was there.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > In summary...I will do more comparisons in the trackman bay, but performance on a course I play 30 times a year was like it was any other set of irons I own, but just feel more efficient, softer yet responsive feedback on strike quality, and loved the feel in my arms, joints, shoulders....there is just virtually no shock at impact. I really love the feel, I don't think there is any downside to the MMT's at all, have the weight I prefer and perform as good if not better than steel overall.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Can't wait to play again!!

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Thanks for reading.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Are you saying they feel soft to flex or just smooth to flex? What steel shafts do you play? Thanks...

> > > >

> > > > They are playing true to their flex for sure, they are stout with a smooth feel thru the swing, but with enough overall weight balance for me to feel the shaft load and release appropriately.

> > > > I usually play the Modus 120 TX(127-128 grams).

> > > > I never felt I was overswinging the MMT's, literally didn't have any thoughts of the shafts being too weak or even so different than steel for overall feel. The balance is good enough that I can feel the whole club on plane in the swing, whereas with other graphite, I lose the 'whole' club feel in portions of the swing.

> > > > These are easily best heavier graphite iron shafts I have ever felt. I don't feel the MMTs have any disadvantages in the irons, just advantages as for as feel and less body fatigue when playing.

> > >

> > > Did you go after one at all? Lose any feel or ball do anything different vs Steel?

> >

> >

> > @"Dscvrr St Louis" - Thanks for the update brotha and your contribution to the thread

> >

> > @bfizzy The harder I go at one the more i squeeze out of the shafts. That's the big difference to me. Steel seems to have a point of diminishing returns whereas the MMT"s don't. Think of the MMT's as a more consistent and efficient shaft over steel. That's the best way I can describe it.

>

> @j13 I’m curious as if you’d make the general statement of the MMT being a composite shaft that isn’t as good as steel but better? For me it feels better (less impact), is more consistent (tighter dispersion) and goes further (in the case of the lighter weights, anyway). There doesn’t seem to be a “con” in the column.

I think J is going to concur, but after a few sessions in the trackman and now a round on a course I play a lot, honestly, I don't think there are any 'Con's' to report. I NEVER thought about the shaft yesterday..EVER! Just got my yardage, chose a club, and tried to make a good swing as usual. Transition mentally to the MMT's was completely seemless...>WHICH SPEAKS VOLUMES ON THE FEEL!! I am used to trying out a few iron sets thru the year as normal, with the same shaft in it for the most part, but always steel and heavier. To do this with a graphite shaft and not feel or see any ball flight, distance, spin or consistency issues right out of the box is amazing to me.

• Like 1

Odyssey WHP #3-Stability Tour, Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5, Toulon Long Island Garage-Stability Shaft
Callaway MD5 Jaws Tour Grey 50/54/58 and  Cobra Tour Versatile 50/54/58 Mitsubishi MMT 125TX Graphite
Lamkin Sonar Plus Wrap

WITB Link

> @dxdgenert said:

> > @J13 said:

> > > @bfizzy said:

> > > > > @Wardonation said:

> > > > > > @"Dscvrr St Louis" said:

> > > > > > Got first round in with MMT's in the Epons today, and was very pleasantly surprised and happy with the results.

> > > > > > To be more specific on performance and feel---

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Feel-- I thought that shaft load, release, feel, impact and response at the point of impact was always there like STEEL(but softer) vs what I have felt in the past from graphite iron shafts. It just felt like an iron to me overall but with a slight softer sound at impact. It was still dynamic and powerful for me. Balance of the irons were so on point.

> > > > > > Performance--

> > > > > > 1st hole-- hit a tree and kicked it backward with driver-- had 190 in from a good lie in rough, came out great and high and was just off green to the right pin high. Figured I might pull it, went straight.

> > > > > > 3rd hole--160 pin, 8 iron pin high, great ball flight, hit very solid, bit left(my miss).

> > > > > > 5th hole-- hit tee shot left rough, had to hit a low flighted 6 iron punch from the rough and pulled it off perfectly to back of green...felt very balanced shaft wise while hitting this shot.

> > > > > > 8th hole--par 3-- 156 yards, hit it about 160 with high baby draw to about 8 ft. released maybe 2 ft.

> > > > > > 12th hole--par 5 3rd shot from 176(trees again of tee)...hit it a foot off the green pin high with 7 iron. again, felt great and like I was hitting a 7 iron, regardless of shaft overall, just a bit softer but responsive feedback--knew when I hit it, that it was there.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > In summary...I will do more comparisons in the trackman bay, but performance on a course I play 30 times a year was like it was any other set of irons I own, but just feel more efficient, softer yet responsive feedback on strike quality, and loved the feel in my arms, joints, shoulders....there is just virtually no shock at impact. I really love the feel, I don't think there is any downside to the MMT's at all, have the weight I prefer and perform as good if not better than steel overall.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Can't wait to play again!!

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Thanks for reading.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Are you saying they feel soft to flex or just smooth to flex? What steel shafts do you play? Thanks...

> > > >

> > > > They are playing true to their flex for sure, they are stout with a smooth feel thru the swing, but with enough overall weight balance for me to feel the shaft load and release appropriately.

> > > > I usually play the Modus 120 TX(127-128 grams).

> > > > I never felt I was overswinging the MMT's, literally didn't have any thoughts of the shafts being too weak or even so different than steel for overall feel. The balance is good enough that I can feel the whole club on plane in the swing, whereas with other graphite, I lose the 'whole' club feel in portions of the swing.

> > > > These are easily best heavier graphite iron shafts I have ever felt. I don't feel the MMTs have any disadvantages in the irons, just advantages as for as feel and less body fatigue when playing.

> > >

> > > Did you go after one at all? Lose any feel or ball do anything different vs Steel?

> >

> >

> > @"Dscvrr St Louis" - Thanks for the update brotha and your contribution to the thread

> >

> > @bfizzy The harder I go at one the more i squeeze out of the shafts. That's the big difference to me. Steel seems to have a point of diminishing returns whereas the MMT"s don't. Think of the MMT's as a more consistent and efficient shaft over steel. That's the best way I can describe it.

>

> @j13 I’m curious as if you’d make the general statement of the MMT being a composite shaft that isn’t as good as steel but better? For me it feels better (less impact), is more consistent (tighter dispersion) and goes further (in the case of the lighter weights, anyway). There doesn’t seem to be a “con” in the column.

I haven't found a "con" yet and don't think i will. I honestly don't see me going back to steel and sacrificing what improvements i've found.

• Like 1

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

> @TinkerGolfMan said:

> What swingweight are you guys achieving after the build?

I play 37.75 , consider that .25" longer than standard for most companies. I am using a Lamkin Crossline 3 Gen, 1 full wrap and 2 extra under right hand. Came out D6-ish for me, which is what I tend to play. The Epon heads are maybe a bit heavier than most. Going to probably due my Apex Pro Dot heads soon and see what the MMT's do for me in those.

Lamkin Sonar Plus Wrap

WITB Link

> @TinkerGolfMan said:

> What swingweight are you guys achieving after the build?

Standard length for my irons I got D4

Edel PROTO

> @J13 said:

> > @TinkerGolfMan said:

> > What swingweight are you guys achieving after the build?

>

> Standard length for my irons I got D4

You provided a lot of good info. Thank you.

Interesting. I looked up Srixon 745 - 6 iron and found the stock head-weight is 259.6, and you got D4 swing-weight with MMT TX 125gm including grip, I presume? I am going to test MMT with my 716CB which is 259.2. I like my current shaft but tend to overswing because they are so light.

• TSR2 9.25° Ventus Velo TR Blue 58
  • TSR2 15° AD VF 74
  • T200 17 2i° Tensei AV Raw White Hybrid 90
  • T100 3i to 9i MMT 105
  • T100 PW, SM9 F52/12, M58/8, PX Wedge 6.0 120
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x & AVX

> @Wardonation said:

> OK I ordered these but I am going to SSx2 after speaking with someone at Mitsubishi. I normally play a S300... I will be putting these into my t100's and will let people know what I think...

@Wardonation any updates on your build? I am thinking about going with these either SSx1 or SSx2.

Titleist TSr 3 10°, Ventus Blue 6s
Titleist TSr 2 16.5°, Ventus Blue 7s

Ping G430 3, 4, 5 hybrid, Alta CB Black 70s

PXG 0317T 6-GW Mitsubishi MMT 80s
Vokey SM9 54° D, 60° T, KBS TGI 95s

L.A.B. Mezz.1 Max 35”, Accra

> @Pepperturbo said:

> > @J13 said:

> > > @TinkerGolfMan said:

> > > What swingweight are you guys achieving after the build?

> >

> > Standard length for my irons I got D4

>

> You provided a lot of good info. Thank you.

>

> Interesting. I looked up Srixon 745 - 6 iron and found the stock head-weight is 259.6, and you got D4 swing-weight with MMT TX 125gm including grip, I presume? I am going to test MMT with my 716CB which is 259.2. I like my current shaft but tend to overswing because they are so light.

happy to share and light shafts create more problems then they solve for most people. Tempo is key with irons not distance

Edel PROTO

I wonder how these compare to the Fuji MCI shafts? The technology as I read it is pretty comparable.

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

> @"MITSUBISHI CHEMICAL" said:

> > @Oldboy said:

> > are these now available to the gen pub?

>

> MMT is now available with our Authorized Dealers.

>

> DM us if you need help finding this product!

Can you clarify the differences, if any, of materials and construction between parallel and taper tip shafts?

Callaway Mavrik 9* w/ Aldila ROGUE White 130 M.S.I. 60
Callaway Mavrik 3 wood w/ Aldila ROGUE White 130 M.S.I. 70
Callaway Mavrik 3 hybrid w/ Project X Catalyst 75
PXG Gen 1 0311X 4 iron w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80
PXG Gen 5 0311 XP 5-7 w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

PXG Gen 5 0311 XP 8-GW w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

PXG Gen 2 0311 Forged 54 w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

PXG Gen 2 0311 Forged 60 w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

Titleist Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2 

@dxdgenert Absolutely!

Overall, the Taper Tip profile is going to launch and spin slightly lower and play slightly stiffer. Torque in the parallel is going to be higher than the taper counterparts.

Parallel tip is available in up to 90 Gram Stiff, whereas the taper is available in up to 125 Gram TX.

As far as materials go, the same materials that are used in the parallel tip are used in the taper versions. The taper version features a glossy paint finish, while the parallel version features a matte finish.

With the parallel, you have a 5.5" tip section to utilize, where the taper is butt cut only. As a WRXer, I'm sure you knew this already!

Thanks for the inquiry - we are always happy to help!

Will there be a 115 / 120 gr. stiff option in the near future. I currently play PX LZ 6.0 shafts and am looking for a graphite shaft in the same weight range. In my back up set (MP-4s) I have the MCA OTI shafts in 105 stiff and like the overall feeling but they are a bit too light for me. Would be really interested in these shafts. How do they compare to the taper tip OTI shafts?

Update on my set of MMT's in the Epon AF-305.

Played another course I know well and again, I still don't feel like the lack of steel in the irons is even remotely a con with these shafts. They are just 'iron shafts' that work great for me and feel really amazing.

WIth the swing weight being my normal swing weight it feels as though I am just swinging the irons as usual, not extra thoughts, no odd feeling at all.

Again, distances were on point, ball flight was great, holding greens was as usual and direction/dispersion was still GREAT!! I did not feel fatigued or sore as usual with steel shafts for sure.

Only 2 rounds in, and some trackman time, but I have ordered another set of shafts/including wedges for another set to see if the benefits are across the board better in my Apex Pro Dot heads and Cobra Tour wedges. More updates as they happen.

Thanks.

Lamkin Sonar Plus Wrap

WITB Link

> @dxdgenert Absolutely!

>

> Overall, the Taper Tip profile is going to launch and spin slightly lower and play slightly stiffer. Torque in the parallel is going to be higher than the taper counterparts.

>

> Parallel tip is available in up to 90 Gram Stiff, whereas the taper is available in up to 125 Gram TX.

>

> As far as materials go, the same materials that are used in the parallel tip are used in the taper versions. The taper version features a glossy paint finish, while the parallel version features a matte finish.

>

> With the parallel, you have a 5.5" tip section to utilize, where the taper is butt cut only. As a WRXer, I'm sure you knew this already!

>

> Thanks for the inquiry - we are always happy to help!

I recently tried a tensei AV blue in a Titleist T200 but found the shaft too light for my tastes. Is there any chance you will be coming out with a heavier version in an ascending weight option in any of your iron series?

Matt

@Nic1972 We don't currently have anything planned in the 115-120 Gram Stiff area, but your feedback is always taken into consideration!

You may be a good candidate for MMT 105TX - this part weighs 113 grams.

Next to OT Tour Irons, the MMT Taper is going to play slightly stiffer in profile and launch slightly lower.

> @Golfingfanatic said:

> Would you guys recommend this shaft in a 2 iron? I use 680mbs 3-P with X100s. Thinking about building a 712u 2 iron with this shaft.

It really depends on the playing length you prefer - the longest we currently offer for MMT 125TX is going to be our 3 iron shaft at 39 inches.

> @Nic1972 We don't currently have anything planned in the 115-120 Gram Stiff area, but your feedback is always taken into consideration!

>

> You may be a good candidate for MMT 105TX - this part weighs 113 grams.

>

> Next to OT Tour Irons, the MMT Taper is going to play slightly stiffer in profile and launch slightly lower.

Thanks for the reply, however I fear that TX would be too stiff for me, coming from the PX LZ in stiff. Or do you think that the MMTs soft stepped once could be the solution? In my area I have no possibility to try these shafts, therefore your feedback would be really appreciated.

Thanks.

> > @Golfingfanatic said:

> > Would you guys recommend this shaft in a 2 iron? I use 680mbs 3-P with X100s. Thinking about building a 712u 2 iron with this shaft.

>

> It really depends on the playing length you prefer - the longest we currently offer for MMT 125TX is going to be our 3 iron shaft at 39 inches.

From experience, the long irons are a joy to hit and I wouldn't hesitate to drop the 3 iron shaft into 2 iron.

Edel PROTO

@Nic1972 Soft-stepping once may help soften the profile slightly.

So far, players have been pleasantly surprised with the playability that MMT provides. The torque value is slightly higher than most TX Flexes you will find in steel.

105 Stiff is also an option if you are worried about the TX Flex being slightly too stiff!

> @Nic1972 Soft-stepping once may help soften the profile slightly.

>

> So far, players have been pleasantly surprised with the playability that MMT provides. The torque value is slightly higher than most TX Flexes you will find in steel.

>

> 105 Stiff is also an option if you are worried about the TX Flex being slightly too stiff!

As mentioned in my first post I have the feeling that the OTI shafts I have in my Mizuno MP-4 irons are a bit too lite, therefore I am looking for a slightly heavier shaft.

@"MITSUBISHI CHEMICAL" Perhaps from a business standpoint it doesn’t make any sense but I would love a 120-125 gram graphite iron shaft in stiff flex.

Titleist TSr 3 10°, Ventus Blue 6s
Titleist TSr 2 16.5°, Ventus Blue 7s

Ping G430 3, 4, 5 hybrid, Alta CB Black 70s

PXG 0317T 6-GW Mitsubishi MMT 80s
Vokey SM9 54° D, 60° T, KBS TGI 95s

L.A.B. Mezz.1 Max 35”, Accra

> @jas904 said:

> @"MITSUBISHI CHEMICAL" Perhaps from a business standpoint it doesn’t make any sense but I would love a 120-125 gram graphite iron shaft in stiff flex.

You’re definitely not the only one looking for them to release the 125 in stiff that’s for sure. Hopefully they will listen to us...... ;)

Driver: TaylorMade SIM MAX (10.5 degrees - set to 9.75 and 1.5 degrees open)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 White 70 TX (at 45" and tipped 1")

3-wood: TaylorMade SIM (15 degrees)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 Black 70 TX (at 43" and tipped 1")

UDI: *** Under Construction ***

Irons: TaylorMade P-7MC 4-PW (1 degree upright)

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Tour 120 X

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore Tour Rack (Raw) 52.10, 56.12 & 60.12

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Wedge 125

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Mid-Slant (at 34")

> @Nic1972 said:

> > @"MITSUBISHI CHEMICAL" said:

> > @Nic1972 Soft-stepping once may help soften the profile slightly.

> >

> > So far, players have been pleasantly surprised with the playability that MMT provides. The torque value is slightly higher than most TX Flexes you will find in steel.

> >

> > 105 Stiff is also an option if you are worried about the TX Flex being slightly too stiff!

>

> As mentioned in my first post I have the feeling that the OTI shafts I have in my Mizuno MP-4 irons are a bit too lite, therefore I am looking for a slightly heavier shaft.

@Nic1972 OTi Tour 110 Stiff @ 110G or X Flex @ 114G heavy enough?

Ping G430 Max 10K 10.5° driver - Diamana GT 60S

Ping G430 Max 15° #3 fairway - Diamana TB 70S

Ping G430 Max 21° #7 fairway - Diamana TB 80S

Ping G430 Max 26° #5 hybrid - MMTh 90S

Mizuno Pro 243 4-PW irons - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 48°-10S wedge - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 54°-10S and 60°-06X wedges - MMT Scoring Wedge 105S

Ping PLD Ally Blue 4

Titleist Pro V1x

Unaware of this topic, or even the existence of the MMT until reading this string last night, I had a fitting yesterday for new irons.

I’m 71 years old and my Index is 7.2. My swing speed has declined a bit but I still hit the ball pretty well. Inconsistency and green-side chipping is my big frustration keeping me from competing with my Club's better players.

I began playing SteelFiber i95 Stiff 2 years ago and am very happy with them. Yesterday after a good warmup with my current irons the fitter installed the same SteelFiber i95 shaft into the new iron I wanted to test. I got good numbers and figured I had a winner, but the fitter wanted to tinker and I told him that’s why I’m here and to go for it.

He went right to the MMT 80, which I had never heard of before. He said they just came out mid-late summer. From the first swing they were awesome. The feel is incredible, it’s as if I set down a room-temperature stick of butter vertically and cut it in half with a 7-iron swing. So smooth, every time.

Then the pleasant surprise to me (which should not be surprising to you if you've read this far and began with J13's thorough review). My data improved! My final A & B comparison after the 1-hour fitting session showed almost identical numbers for Carry & Total Distance, Ball Speed, Launch Angle and Smash Factor. There was an average 700 rpm increase in Spin with the MMT over the SteelFiber and a 4 ft. increase in average Apex. But most importantly, my dispersion with the MMT was tighter, particularly with the distance dispersion.

(I also tried a couple of the other typical graphite options and the feel & data results were not improvements and irrelevant).

I was happy, I was impressed. I ordered the new irons with the MMT 80s and then last night I sat down at my screen to do a little research and found this string (I know, I got it backwards. But sometimes I'm just lucky, I guess).

Here's the data of my final A&B comparison at the end of the fitting session. Although I've been Trackmanned before, this is the first time I was able to get the data uploaded to MyTrackman and review it. Do I see this correctly that the 2 data sets look very similar, but because of the higher MMT Spin and higher apex Height, the MMT ball is stopping 2 yards closer to the pitchmark?:

* Aerotech SteelFiber i95 Stiff is Brown

* MMT 80 Stiff is Blue

3hj9uljcvuyj.png

drt0p1km86e2.png

igbex4vl5f0p.png

• Like 2

> @noodle3872 said:

> > @Nic1972 said:

> > > @"MITSUBISHI CHEMICAL" said:

> > > @Nic1972 Soft-stepping once may help soften the profile slightly.

> > >

> > > So far, players have been pleasantly surprised with the playability that MMT provides. The torque value is slightly higher than most TX Flexes you will find in steel.

> > >

> > > 105 Stiff is also an option if you are worried about the TX Flex being slightly too stiff!

> >

> > As mentioned in my first post I have the feeling that the OTI shafts I have in my Mizuno MP-4 irons are a bit too lite, therefore I am looking for a slightly heavier shaft.

>

> @Nic1972 OTi Tour 110 Stiff @ 110G or X Flex @ 114G heavy enough?

I agree, this could be an option, but I understand that the MMT are lower launching which I would prefer.