** OFFICIAL REVIEW: MITSUBISHI MMT Iron Shafts ***** FINAL REVIEW Post #2 is UP

J13

> @Nic1972 said:

> > @noodle3872 said:

> > > @Nic1972 said:

> > > > @"MITSUBISHI CHEMICAL" said:

> > > > @Nic1972 Soft-stepping once may help soften the profile slightly.

> > > >

> > > > So far, players have been pleasantly surprised with the playability that MMT provides. The torque value is slightly higher than most TX Flexes you will find in steel.

> > > >

> > > > 105 Stiff is also an option if you are worried about the TX Flex being slightly too stiff!

> > >

> > > As mentioned in my first post I have the feeling that the OTI shafts I have in my Mizuno MP-4 irons are a bit too lite, therefore I am looking for a slightly heavier shaft.

> >

> > @Nic1972 OTi Tour 110 Stiff @ 110G or X Flex @ 114G heavy enough?

>

> I agree, this could be an option, but I understand that the MMT are lower launching which I would prefer.

>

>

Seems to me you’re splitting hairs. The extra weight of the heavier shafts may reduce launch a bit however I doubt the difference In launch would be truly game altering.

OTi Tour (taper) are listed as mid launch and mid-low spin.

MMT Taper are listed as mid-low launch and mid-low spin.

Ping G430 Max 10K 10.5° driver - Diamana GT 60S

Ping G430 Max 15° #3 fairway - Diamana TB 70S

Ping G430 Max 21° #7 fairway - Diamana TB 80S

Ping G430 Max 26° #5 hybrid - MMTh 90S

Mizuno Pro 243 4-PW irons - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 48°-10S wedge - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 54°-10S and 60°-06X wedges - MMT Scoring Wedge 105S

Ping PLD Ally Blue 4

Titleist Pro V1x

T> @noodle3872 said:

> > @Nic1972 said:

> > > @noodle3872 said:

> > > > @Nic1972 said:

> > > > > @"MITSUBISHI CHEMICAL" said:

> > > > > @Nic1972 Soft-stepping once may help soften the profile slightly.

> > > > >

> > > > > So far, players have been pleasantly surprised with the playability that MMT provides. The torque value is slightly higher than most TX Flexes you will find in steel.

> > > > >

> > > > > 105 Stiff is also an option if you are worried about the TX Flex being slightly too stiff!

> > > >

> > > > As mentioned in my first post I have the feeling that the OTI shafts I have in my Mizuno MP-4 irons are a bit too lite, therefore I am looking for a slightly heavier shaft.

> > >

> > > @Nic1972 OTi Tour 110 Stiff @ 110G or X Flex @ 114G heavy enough?

> >

> > I agree, this could be an option, but I understand that the MMT are lower launching which I would prefer.

> >

> >

>

> Seems to me you’re splitting hairs. The extra weight of the heavier shafts may reduce launch a bit however I doubt the difference In launch would be truly game altering.

> OTi Tour (taper) are listed as mid launch and mid-low spin.

> MMT Taper are listed as mid-low launch and mid-low spin.

Actually the person from MCA was indicating that the MMT would play slightly stiffer and launch slightly lower than the OT-I Tour -> post 171. And (s)he should know. Probably the difference is minimal, though.

> @noodle3872 said:

> > @Nic1972 said:

> > > @noodle3872 said:

> > > > @Nic1972 said:

> > > > > @"MITSUBISHI CHEMICAL" said:

> > > > > @Nic1972 Soft-stepping once may help soften the profile slightly.

> > > > >

> > > > > So far, players have been pleasantly surprised with the playability that MMT provides. The torque value is slightly higher than most TX Flexes you will find in steel.

> > > > >

> > > > > 105 Stiff is also an option if you are worried about the TX Flex being slightly too stiff!

> > > >

> > > > As mentioned in my first post I have the feeling that the OTI shafts I have in my Mizuno MP-4 irons are a bit too lite, therefore I am looking for a slightly heavier shaft.

> > >

> > > @Nic1972 OTi Tour 110 Stiff @ 110G or X Flex @ 114G heavy enough?

> >

> > I agree, this could be an option, but I understand that the MMT are lower launching which I would prefer.

> >

> >

>

> Seems to me you’re splitting hairs. The extra weight of the heavier shafts may reduce launch a bit however I doubt the difference In launch would be truly game altering.

> OTi Tour (taper) are listed as mid launch and mid-low spin.

> MMT Taper are listed as mid-low launch and mid-low spin.

Agree.

Most golfers fail to see reality in that they are not "Iron Byron" consistent at ball striking so it's unlikely they can identify the launch variables between those two shafts or others that are similar. IMO when an OEM says certain shafts are mid-launch/mid-low spin, it's based on Iron Byron consistent ball striking. Man's variable ball-striking is our destiny. I have a 105 - MMT "S" in a 6 iron, and it's surely mid-launch but with a bit of adjustment comes down nicely. I just wish they weren't $75ea or $600 for 3-PW.

Given that Titleist has NO upcharge on MCA's new **TENSI AV White AM2 graphite**iron shafts, which are similar to MMT, maybe it's a better option, don't know. They have variable 2-gram weight heavy to lighter, though the set, a tad stiffer with a high bend and low launch.

• TSR2 9.25° Ventus Velo TR Blue 58
  • TSR2 15° AD VF 74
  • T200 17 2i° Tensei AV Raw White Hybrid 90
  • T100 3i to 9i MMT 105
  • T100 PW, SM9 F52/12, M58/8, PX Wedge 6.0 120
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x & AVX

> @Nic1972 said:

> T> @noodle3872 said:

> > > @Nic1972 said:

> > > > @noodle3872 said:

> > > > > @Nic1972 said:

> > > > > > @"MITSUBISHI CHEMICAL" said:

> > > > > > @Nic1972 Soft-stepping once may help soften the profile slightly.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > So far, players have been pleasantly surprised with the playability that MMT provides. The torque value is slightly higher than most TX Flexes you will find in steel.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > 105 Stiff is also an option if you are worried about the TX Flex being slightly too stiff!

> > > > >

> > > > > As mentioned in my first post I have the feeling that the OTI shafts I have in my Mizuno MP-4 irons are a bit too lite, therefore I am looking for a slightly heavier shaft.

> > > >

> > > > @Nic1972 OTi Tour 110 Stiff @ 110G or X Flex @ 114G heavy enough?

> > >

> > > I agree, this could be an option, but I understand that the MMT are lower launching which I would prefer.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Seems to me you’re splitting hairs. The extra weight of the heavier shafts may reduce launch a bit however I doubt the difference In launch would be truly game altering.

> > OTi Tour (taper) are listed as mid launch and mid-low spin.

> > MMT Taper are listed as mid-low launch and mid-low spin.

>

> Actually the person from MCA was indicating that the MMT would play slightly stiffer and launch slightly lower than the OT-I Tour -> post 171. And (s)he should know. Probably the difference is minimal, though.

>

>

Having hit the epons with both the modus 120 TX and the MMT 125TX in trackman and on the same course, I can say that the MMT is just a bit higher launch than the Modus 120TX. Very much a SMALL amount of launch too, but do notice it a touch. Still a penetrating launch, nothing floaty or spinny about it at all. Honestly on Trackman it was something like 101 foot apex Modus to 105 foot apex MMT...

Callaway Mavrik SZ 9.0 VA Composites Nemesys 65 04
Callaway Mavrik SZ 15 VA Composites Nemesys 75 04
Callaway Mavrik Pro Hybrid 18* Veylix Rome 888 S
Callaway 2019 Apex Pro DOT 4-PW Mits MMT 125 TX/ Vega Mizar Tour Oban CT 115 X
Odyssey WHP #3-Stability Tour, Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5, Toulon Long Island Garage-Stability Shaft
Callaway MD5 Jaws Tour Grey 50/54/58 and  Cobra Tour Versatile 50/54/58 Mitsubishi MMT 125TX Graphite
Lamkin Sonar Plus Wrap

WITB Link

> @knudson81 said:

> Man, I am CRAVING to try some MMT 125 in Stiff flex now!

Aren’t we all, papa!! ;)

Driver: TaylorMade SIM MAX (10.5 degrees - set to 9.75 and 1.5 degrees open)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 White 70 TX (at 45" and tipped 1")

3-wood: TaylorMade SIM (15 degrees)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 Black 70 TX (at 43" and tipped 1")

UDI: *** Under Construction ***

Irons: TaylorMade P-7MC 4-PW (1 degree upright)

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Tour 120 X

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore Tour Rack (Raw) 52.10, 56.12 & 60.12

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Wedge 125

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Mid-Slant (at 34")

@J13 - Some time has passed since your evaluation of MMT shafts. Are you going to stick with them?

At this time, my trial assessment of MMT 105 "S" is comparable to your assessement of MMT TX. Thus, I am seriously considering the transition. MMT & Aerotech Steelfiber shafts are comparable in that they are rolled graphite and steel and both have stiff tips. Only MMT's "S", mid-bend and specs appear to make a difference with my swing as opposed to Steelfiber's "S", mid-high bend and specs.

Additionally, I heard MMT shafts are not sold through OEM club makers, only aftermarket club builders. Some comfort though, I found them for $75ea shaft, which makes the purchase of 8 a bit more palatable as they will be going in new 620s MB. Hopefully, because they are graphite, they will last me for the foreseeable future. Again, thanks for the product review, I wouldn't have known of MMT without it. I so dislike changing iron shafts.

Have a good day.

• TSR2 15° AD VF 74
  • T100 3i to 9i MMT 105
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x & AVX

> @Pepperturbo said:

> @J13 - Some time has passed since your evaluation of MMT shafts. Are you going to stick with them?

>

> At this time, my trial assessment of MMT 105 "S" is comparable to your assessement of MMT TX. Thus, I am seriously considering the transition. MMT & Aerotech Steelfiber shafts are comparable in that they are rolled graphite and steel and both have stiff tips. Only MMT's "S", mid-bend and specs appear to make a difference with my swing as opposed to Steelfiber's "S", mid-high bend and specs.

>

> Additionally, I heard MMT shafts are not sold through OEM club makers, only aftermarket club builders. Some comfort though, I found them for $75ea shaft, which makes the purchase of 8 a bit more palatable as they will be going in new 620s MB. Hopefully, because they are graphite, they will last me for the foreseeable future. Again, thanks for the product review, I wouldn't have known of MMT without it. I so dislike changing iron shafts.

>

> Have a good day.

So everyone should consider these shafts, regardless of weight. @j13 loved these the 125, you are enjoying the 105 and I love the 80 gram version. MMT seems like a winner.

Callaway Mavrik 9* w/ Aldila ROGUE White 130 M.S.I. 60
Callaway Mavrik 3 wood w/ Aldila ROGUE White 130 M.S.I. 70
Callaway Mavrik 3 hybrid w/ Project X Catalyst 75
PXG Gen 1 0311X 4 iron w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80
PXG Gen 5 0311 XP 5-7 w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

PXG Gen 5 0311 XP 8-GW w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

PXG Gen 2 0311 Forged 54 w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

PXG Gen 2 0311 Forged 60 w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

Titleist Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2 

I’m concerned that 105’s will result in the swingweight becoming too light, in addition to overall weight. My Steelfiber 110’s are a little too light for my liking, even with tip weights. Although from what I understand, the 110’s have a higher balance point. I might have to buy a MMT 105 to test.

@Pepperturbo where did you buy yours?

Titleist TSr 3 10°, Ventus Blue 6s
Titleist TSr 2 16.5°, Ventus Blue 7s

Ping G430 3, 4, 5 hybrid, Alta CB Black 70s

PXG 0317T 6-GW Mitsubishi MMT 80s
Vokey SM9 54° D, 60° T, KBS TGI 95s

L.A.B. Mezz.1 Max 35”, Accra

Hey all quick update on round this weekend. At my usual course, shot 1 over, took the closet to the pins on 2 of 4 par 3's!! Everyone who touches these get confused on how good they are versus steel. They just flat out feel RIGHT compared to other graphite feeling 'hard to find in the swing regardless of weight'. I do believe that the swing weight is what makes this feeling happen with the MMT's. Mainly due to steel mesh in the tip section making it easier to achieve a good swing weight without having to do a lot of tip weighting. Obviously the head weight of the iron will be huge in making this happen.

3 full rounds in and the feel, performance, release, load, flight, dispersion are all on POINT for me with these...I simply feel like I am swinging an IRON...no other thoughts.

PROS---there is nothing that doesn't perform for me with these at all. They are everything I want from an iron shaft. Period---I NEVER thought I would say that about graphite, the other big players just don't have the balance thru the shaft in graphite like these do.

CONS---simply being able to test more of the weights thru the line at more places. Other than that...nothing has come to light when playing that is even remotely a CON...totally blown away.

Second set of shafts 4-pw and 3 wedge shafts will be installed shortly. Going in a slightly smaller head in my Apex Pro DOT heads and Cobra Tour wedges, can't wait to test them on the course.

Thanks!!

• Like 1

Odyssey WHP #3-Stability Tour, Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5, Toulon Long Island Garage-Stability Shaft
Callaway MD5 Jaws Tour Grey 50/54/58 and  Cobra Tour Versatile 50/54/58 Mitsubishi MMT 125TX Graphite
Lamkin Sonar Plus Wrap

WITB Link

I wish that I was confident enough that my wedges are staying in the bag to upgrade the shafts to the MMC. Maybe at the halfway point next season.

120-125 Stiff op> @Pepperturbo said:

> @J13 - Some time has passed since your evaluation of MMT shafts. Are you going to stick with them?

>

> At this time, my trial assessment of MMT 105 "S" is comparable to your assessement of MMT TX. Thus, I am seriously considering the transition. MMT & Aerotech Steelfiber shafts are comparable in that they are rolled graphite and steel and both have stiff tips. Only MMT's "S", mid-bend and specs appear to make a difference with my swing as opposed to Steelfiber's "S", mid-high bend and specs.

>

> Additionally, I heard MMT shafts are not sold through OEM club makers, only aftermarket club builders. Some comfort though, I found them for $75ea shaft, which makes the purchase of 8 a bit more palatable as they will be going in new 620s MB. Hopefully, because they are graphite, they will last me for the foreseeable future. Again, thanks for the product review, I wouldn't have known of MMT without it. I so dislike changing iron shafts.

>

> Have a good day.

The MMT's arent going anywhere and 100% what I will be playing moving forward. They are that good in both performance and reduced impact on my joints. I cant wait to get them in new irons come spring

• Like 1

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

> @dxdgenert said:

> > @Pepperturbo said:

> > @J13 - Some time has passed since your evaluation of MMT shafts. Are you going to stick with them?

> >

> > At this time, my trial assessment of MMT 105 "S" is comparable to your assessement of MMT TX. Thus, I am seriously considering the transition. MMT & Aerotech Steelfiber shafts are comparable in that they are rolled graphite and steel and both have stiff tips. Only MMT's "S", mid-bend and specs appear to make a difference with my swing as opposed to Steelfiber's "S", mid-high bend and specs.

> >

> > Additionally, I heard MMT shafts are not sold through OEM club makers, only aftermarket club builders. Some comfort though, I found them for $75ea shaft, which makes the purchase of 8 a bit more palatable as they will be going in new 620s MB. Hopefully, because they are graphite, they will last me for the foreseeable future. Again, thanks for the product review, I wouldn't have known of MMT without it. I so dislike changing iron shafts.

> >

> > Have a good day.

>

> So everyone should consider these shafts, regardless of weight. @j13 loved these the 125, you are enjoying the 105 and I love the 80 gram version. MMT seems like a winner.

agree 100%. MMT's at 125 don't feel as hefty as the modus 120TX's despite being about the same weight

Edel PROTO

So late last week was at an OEM event held at a Top Golf. Had the Epons/MMTs with me and had/made a couple of the guys hit them...one was complaining he couldn't since his back was bothering him but would try, was striping the 9 iron with each swing better than the last...Loved them! Other guy said he swung too fast for graphite...laughed and watched him blister the 7 iron with high baby draws and he just kept shaking his head in disbelief. They both commented how, outside of a bit softer than steel, NEVER felt like what they are used to from graphite iron shafts.

Sold a client some MMT 105 Stiff in his new set of irons, and we didn't hit them.....he hit mine and loved the feel and the consistency of the ball flight, but the 105s is more his speed...similar to the PXI 5.0 he is playing in current set that I fit him for couple of years ago. He had him my Epons in the Modus 120TX that I had in them previously when he took me out to play at his club...liked the MMT's way better.

As more and more clients/friends hit the MMT's they are all amazed and NONE of them have disliked them or said they COULDN'T play them for any reason...many are now thinking about changing shafts. Most have hit them in the bays on the trackman against theirs and again find no con's in the numbers nor the feel.

Just expressing findings here as I find less reasons(don't have any at all really) to not upgrade my sets to the MMT's. Can't wait to test the wedges maybe this weekend.

Thanks.

Lamkin Sonar Plus Wrap

WITB Link

> @"Dscvrr St Louis" said:

> So late last week was at an OEM event held at a Top Golf. Had the Epons/MMTs with me and had/made a couple of the guys hit them...one was complaining he couldn't since his back was bothering him but would try, was striping the 9 iron with each swing better than the last...Loved them! Other guy said he swung too fast for graphite...laughed and watched him blister the 7 iron with high baby draws and he just kept shaking his head in disbelief. They both commented how, outside of a bit softer than steel, NEVER felt like what they are used to from graphite iron shafts.

>

> Sold a client some MMT 105 Stiff in his new set of irons, and we didn't hit them.....he hit mine and loved the feel and the consistency of the ball flight, but the 105s is more his speed...similar to the PXI 5.0 he is playing in current set that I fit him for couple of years ago. He had him my Epons in the Modus 120TX that I had in them previously when he took me out to play at his club...liked the MMT's way better.

>

> As more and more clients/friends hit the MMT's they are all amazed and NONE of them have disliked them or said they COULDN'T play them for any reason...many are now thinking about changing shafts. Most have hit them in the bays on the trackman against theirs and again find no con's in the numbers nor the feel.

>

> Just expressing findings here as I find less reasons(don't have any at all really) to not upgrade my sets to the MMT's. Can't wait to test the wedges maybe this weekend.

>

> Thanks.

What shafts are you putting in wedges? MMT?

• TSR2 15° AD VF 74
  • T100 3i to 9i MMT 105
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x & AVX

> @swizbeatz said:

> Off topic but anyone try the Accra stuff yet?

> @swizbeatz said:

> Off topic but anyone try the Accra stuff yet?

i have but only the lighter stuff because thats what was available. I liked it. Big problem for shaft companies is even if they make heavier options they typically arent stocking shops with them. And players arent going to buy what they cant hit or get fit for. So its a little of the chicken or the egg question.

Edel PROTO

> @Pepperturbo said:

> > @"Dscvrr St Louis" said:

> > So late last week was at an OEM event held at a Top Golf. Had the Epons/MMTs with me and had/made a couple of the guys hit them...one was complaining he couldn't since his back was bothering him but would try, was striping the 9 iron with each swing better than the last...Loved them! Other guy said he swung too fast for graphite...laughed and watched him blister the 7 iron with high baby draws and he just kept shaking his head in disbelief. They both commented how, outside of a bit softer than steel, NEVER felt like what they are used to from graphite iron shafts.

> >

> > Sold a client some MMT 105 Stiff in his new set of irons, and we didn't hit them.....he hit mine and loved the feel and the consistency of the ball flight, but the 105s is more his speed...similar to the PXI 5.0 he is playing in current set that I fit him for couple of years ago. He had him my Epons in the Modus 120TX that I had in them previously when he took me out to play at his club...liked the MMT's way better.

> >

> > As more and more clients/friends hit the MMT's they are all amazed and NONE of them have disliked them or said they COULDN'T play them for any reason...many are now thinking about changing shafts. Most have hit them in the bays on the trackman against theirs and again find no con's in the numbers nor the feel.

> >

> > Just expressing findings here as I find less reasons(don't have any at all really) to not upgrade my sets to the MMT's. Can't wait to test the wedges maybe this weekend.

> >

> > Thanks.

>

> What shafts are you putting in wedges? MMT?

Hey Pepperturbo,

YES..MMT 125 TX in the wedges also...I usually play the Modus 125 Wedge shaft at 134 grams, but the overall swing weight will still be around D6-6.5 for me. Hoping to get a few more rounds in this winter with the Apex Pro Dot heads and the Cobra wedges to get some more feedback.

Lamkin Sonar Plus Wrap

WITB Link

> @hibcam said:

> I am going to soft step my set only on the recommendation of this forum. Is there a reason I should or should not? I can be swayed either way. My driver swing is around 102 and my 7 iron does 160

Take all of this with a grain of salt... Our speed numbers are similar. I play the MMT 80 Stiff and it is perfect for me. The DG S300 has been my go to shaft but I felt like I was leaving something on the course, especially later in the round. If you like the heavier weight but can't handle the extra stiff, soft stepping might be a great choice.

> @dxdgenert said:

> > @hibcam said:

> > I am going to soft step my set only on the recommendation of this forum. Is there a reason I should or should not? I can be swayed either way. My driver swing is around 102 and my 7 iron does 160

>

> Take all of this with a grain of salt... Our speed numbers are similar. I play the MMT 80 Stiff and it is perfect for me. The DG S300 has been my go to shaft but I felt like I was leaving something on the course, especially later in the round. If you like the heavier weight but can't handle the extra stiff, soft stepping high be a great choice.

I was going to soft step the stiff. My irons are coming with the MMT 75 stiff. I will try those first, I was going to switch to increase the swingweight to my specs

> @hibcam said:

> > @dxdgenert said:

> > > @hibcam said:

> > > I am going to soft step my set only on the recommendation of this forum. Is there a reason I should or should not? I can be swayed either way. My driver swing is around 102 and my 7 iron does 160

> >

> > Take all of this with a grain of salt... Our speed numbers are similar. I play the MMT 80 Stiff and it is perfect for me. The DG S300 has been my go to shaft but I felt like I was leaving something on the course, especially later in the round. If you like the heavier weight but can't handle the extra stiff, soft stepping high be a great choice.

>

> I was going to soft step the stiff. My irons are coming with the MMT 75 stiff. I will try those first, I was going to switch to increase the swingweight to my specs

You lost me.. What are you asking about soft stepping? Do you currently play MMT 75 Stiff? Are those too stout for you?

> @hibcam said:

> > @dxdgenert said:

> > > @hibcam said:

> > > I am going to soft step my set only on the recommendation of this forum. Is there a reason I should or should not? I can be swayed either way. My driver swing is around 102 and my 7 iron does 160

> >

> > Take all of this with a grain of salt... Our speed numbers are similar. I play the MMT 80 Stiff and it is perfect for me. The DG S300 has been my go to shaft but I felt like I was leaving something on the course, especially later in the round. If you like the heavier weight but can't handle the extra stiff, soft stepping high be a great choice.

>

> I was going to soft step the stiff. My irons are coming with the MMT 75 stiff. I will try those first, I was going to switch to increase the swingweight to my specs

If you are getting 160 from a 7 iron now, there is no reason to SS the MMT 75 at all. I think you will be fine leaving them installed as is.

Lamkin Sonar Plus Wrap

WITB Link

> > @hibcam said:

> > > @dxdgenert said:

> > > > @hibcam said:

> > > > I am going to soft step my set only on the recommendation of this forum. Is there a reason I should or should not? I can be swayed either way. My driver swing is around 102 and my 7 iron does 160

> > >

> > > Take all of this with a grain of salt... Our speed numbers are similar. I play the MMT 80 Stiff and it is perfect for me. The DG S300 has been my go to shaft but I felt like I was leaving something on the course, especially later in the round. If you like the heavier weight but can't handle the extra stiff, soft stepping high be a great choice.

> >

> > I was going to soft step the stiff. My irons are coming with the MMT 75 stiff. I will try those first, I was going to switch to increase the swingweight to my specs

>

> If you are getting 160 from a 7 iron now, there is no reason to SS the MMT 75 at all. I think you will be fine leaving them installed as is.

No, the set I am buying has the 70 gr stiff shafts. I have a full set of 105's waiting to go into those heads. I was just wondering what the true benefit of SStepping the 105's. Do they play that much stiffer? Better distance, feel etc?

What shafts do you currently play? if heavier or the same weight as the 105, I would install them straight in...unless you already hit the ball a bit too low, then SS them as you are thinking. IF you have a normal ball flight now, and similar weight shaft, leave them standard install.

Lamkin Sonar Plus Wrap

WITB Link

> What shafts do you currently play? if heavier or the same weight as the 105, I would install them straight in...unless you already hit the ball a bit too low, then SS them as you are thinking. IF you have a normal ball flight now, and similar weight shaft, leave them standard install.

Recoil 110 F4 stiff Protos

Man, now you’ve got me interested and I’m kicking myself for not trying them when I bought my 0211’s.

I currently play a 4-PW of 0211’s with KBS C-Taper 120’s In stiff.

Driver swing speed is around 114, 7 iron is consistently 93-95mph. As a somewhat newer golfer, I find myself only getting better and practice a ton on my skytrak but due to rough winters and a rougher work schedule, my playing time on the course is hit or miss.

My “good strikes” on a 7 iron are usually around 175is carry with 6100 RPMs. I’m typically a high spin player but medium ball height player. I always want more height but struggle with over spinning, hence the C-Tapers. To be honest, I had a very off day when I was fitted and found my 7 iron was down around 90-91 MPH and ball striking wasn’t great, so that kinda stunk.

Finally, as a guy with tons of previous elbow and shoulder injuries, I’d be full of it if I said I didn’t want to lessen impact on my joints. Currently paying for my upcoming wedding, so maybe this time next year I can revisit the MMT’s and see where I’m at. I’d be lying if I said the TX 125’s soft stepped once weren’t damn intriguing.

Unless I’m missing something, I don’t know why you’d SS the 105’s? They’d probably be perfect.

> @WIGolf said:

> Man, now you’ve got me interested and I’m kicking myself for not trying them when I bought my 0211’s.

>

> I currently play a 4-PW of 0211’s with KBS C-Taper 120’s In stiff.

> Driver swing speed is around 114, 7 iron is consistently 93-95mph. As a somewhat newer golfer, I find myself only getting better and practice a ton on my skytrak but due to rough winters and a rougher work schedule, my playing time on the course is hit or miss.

>

> My “good strikes” on a 7 iron are usually around 175is carry with 6100 RPMs. I’m typically a high spin player but medium ball height player. I always want more height but struggle with over spinning, hence the C-Tapers. To be honest, I had a very off day when I was fitted and found my 7 iron was down around 90-91 MPH and ball striking wasn’t great, so that kinda stunk.

>

> Finally, as a guy with tons of previous elbow and shoulder injuries, I’d be full of it if I said I didn’t want to lessen impact on my joints. Currently paying for my upcoming wedding, so maybe this time next year I can revisit the MMT’s and see where I’m at. I’d be lying if I said the TX 125’s soft stepped once weren’t **** intriguing.

125TX is calling your name. Performance is great and the joint benefits make it a no brainer. Also the wedding can wait, this is more important ;-)

Edel PROTO