2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

** OFFICIAL REVIEW: MITSUBISHI MMT Iron Shafts ***** FINAL REVIEW Post #2 is UP

J13

> @hibcam said:

> > @"Dscvrr St Louis" said:

> > What shafts do you currently play? if heavier or the same weight as the 105, I would install them straight in...unless you already hit the ball a bit too low, then SS them as you are thinking. IF you have a normal ball flight now, and similar weight shaft, leave them standard install.

>

> Recoil 110 F4 stiff Protos

If the Recoil is a good flight height and is consistent...do the 105 S straight in...don't SS them at all. These will launch easier I am thinking and load better too.

• Like 1

Callaway Mavrik SZ 9.0 VA Composites Nemesys 65 04
Callaway Mavrik SZ 15 VA Composites Nemesys 75 04
Callaway Mavrik Pro Hybrid 18* Veylix Rome 888 S
Callaway 2019 Apex Pro DOT 4-PW Mits MMT 125 TX/ Vega Mizar Tour Oban CT 115 X
Odyssey WHP #3-Stability Tour, Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5, Toulon Long Island Garage-Stability Shaft
Callaway MD5 Jaws Tour Grey 50/54/58 and  Cobra Tour Versatile 50/54/58 Mitsubishi MMT 125TX Graphite
Lamkin Sonar Plus Wrap

WITB Link

> @dxdgenert said:

> Unless I’m missing something, I don’t know why you’d SS the 105’s? They’d probably be perfect.

I don't know why either. I come from PX 6.0 and recently Steelfiber i95cw which were a bit too light. MMT 105 stiff feels about as perfect as perfect can feel for this high spin player. They stop on a dime even spin back some on fast greens. I may even put one in my 2 iron, we'll see.

• Like 1
  • TSR2 10° Ventus Velo TR Blue 58S
  • TSR2 15° Talamonti PD80R
  • T200 17' 2i Tensei AV Raw White Hybrid 95S
  • T100 3i & 4i MMT 85S
  • T100 5i to 9i MMT 105S
  • T100 PW, SM9 F52/12, M58/8, PX Wedge 120S
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x

> @J13 said:

> > @WIGolf said:

> > Man, now you’ve got me interested and I’m kicking myself for not trying them when I bought my 0211’s.

> >

> > I currently play a 4-PW of 0211’s with KBS C-Taper 120’s In stiff.

> > Driver swing speed is around 114, 7 iron is consistently 93-95mph. As a somewhat newer golfer, I find myself only getting better and practice a ton on my skytrak but due to rough winters and a rougher work schedule, my playing time on the course is hit or miss.

> >

> > My “good strikes” on a 7 iron are usually around 175is carry with 6100 RPMs. I’m typically a high spin player but medium ball height player. I always want more height but struggle with over spinning, hence the C-Tapers. To be honest, I had a very off day when I was fitted and found my 7 iron was down around 90-91 MPH and ball striking wasn’t great, so that kinda stunk.

> >

> > Finally, as a guy with tons of previous elbow and shoulder injuries, I’d be full of it if I said I didn’t want to lessen impact on my joints. Currently paying for my upcoming wedding, so maybe this time next year I can revisit the MMT’s and see where I’m at. I’d be lying if I said the TX 125’s soft stepped once weren’t **** intriguing.

>

> 125TX is calling your name. Performance is great and the joint benefits make it a no brainer. Also the wedding can wait, this is more important ;-)

You sell her on the idea first! I’d be a dead man haha. Definitely keeping these in mind for later though.

• Like 1

> @biffstix said:

> Any info on the ei profile? Sounds like a stiff tip. Can anyone comment on the mid and handle

I would say the tip is firmer for sure, there is a stretch of 5 inches of the stainless steel metal mesh in it...but I wouldn't say rigid or ultra firm by any means. The weight lower balances the graphite unlike any other graphite I have tried. After 2 rounds didn't even realize they were graphite from feel, load, release, launch, etc...just knew the yardage and club needed and made a swing..not a single thought of what was in the club.

Odyssey WHP #3-Stability Tour, Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5, Toulon Long Island Garage-Stability Shaft
Callaway MD5 Jaws Tour Grey 50/54/58 and  Cobra Tour Versatile 50/54/58 Mitsubishi MMT 125TX Graphite
Lamkin Sonar Plus Wrap

WITB Link

> @biffstix said:

> Any info on the ei profile? Sounds like a stiff tip. Can anyone comment on the mid and handle

Think DG X100 for profile

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

> @J13 said:

> > @biffstix said:

> > Any info on the ei profile? Sounds like a stiff tip. Can anyone comment on the mid and handle

>

> Think DG X100 for profile

That’s good news. I generally don’t get along with firm mids like px or modus 130. Recoil protos were an expensive little experiment. Too firm in the middle and felt like wiffle ball bats. AMT s400’s right now so I’m thinking mmt 115 x’s, soft stepped perhaps, should fit the bill.

> @biffstix said:

> > @J13 said:

> > > @biffstix said:

> > > Any info on the ei profile? Sounds like a stiff tip. Can anyone comment on the mid and handle

> >

> > Think DG X100 for profile

> That’s good news. I generally don’t get along with firm mids like px or modus 130. Recoil protos were an expensive little experiment. Too firm in the middle and felt like wiffle ball bats. AMT s400’s right now so I’m thinking mmt 115 x’s, soft stepped perhaps, should fit the bill.

>

Recoils are solid but NOTHING compared to MMT's in the feel department. Mitsubishi was smart by choosing the DG profile. If you're going to convert players to graphite there's no better profile to start with.

• Like 1

Edel PROTO

> @Jbigda said:

> Any idea how these compare to the new Tensei White AV2 that we’re recently launched?

I'm not sure, i'd ask Mitsubishi. MMT is their flagship iron shaft while the AV2 stuff looks like a standard graphite option with a different profile. To be honest I didn't know what the AV2 was until you mentioned it.

Edel PROTO

Thanks. Wasn’t sure if anyone here went down the path before I reached out to Mitsubishi. Tensei is being offered as the stock offering in the new Titleist irons so it caught my attention.

Side note, I’ve been playing MCI 100S in my AP3 for a couple of seasons and it’s amazing how good graphite iron shafts feel. Can’t wait to try MMT.

> @J13 said:

> > @biffstix said:

> > > @J13 said:

> > > > @biffstix said:

> > > > Any info on the ei profile? Sounds like a stiff tip. Can anyone comment on the mid and handle

> > >

> > > Think DG X100 for profile

> > That’s good news. I generally don’t get along with firm mids like px or modus 130. Recoil protos were an expensive little experiment. Too firm in the middle and felt like wiffle ball bats. AMT s400’s right now so I’m thinking mmt 115 x’s, soft stepped perhaps, should fit the bill.

> >

>

> Recoils are solid but NOTHING compared to MMT's in the feel department. Mitsubishi was smart by choosing the DG profile. If you're going to convert players to graphite there's no better profile to start with.

It’s funny that you made that connection to DG because, as stated, I am/was a DG S300 player forever. I think MCA would do well by releasing a 125 Stiff. I’m getting used to the 80 gram and, in the long run, will benefit from the lighter weight but as this thread has shown, many players prefer 120+ gram shafts.

Callaway Mavrik 9* w/ Aldila ROGUE White 130 M.S.I. 60
Callaway Mavrik 3 wood w/ Aldila ROGUE White 130 M.S.I. 70
Callaway Mavrik 3 hybrid w/ Project X Catalyst 75
PXG Gen 1 0311X 4 iron w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80
PXG Gen 5 0311 XP 5-7 w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

PXG Gen 5 0311 XP 8-GW w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

PXG Gen 2 0311 Forged 54 w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

PXG Gen 2 0311 Forged 60 w/ Mitsubishi MMT 80

Titleist Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2 

> @jj9000 said:

> I know Mitsubishi is reading this thread.

>

> When will the MMT 125 Stiff be released?

>

> Seems like 125TX will fit a very small subset of a large population of customers, and the jump from 105 Stiff to 125TX is a very large step in flex.

The only flex available in the 125 gram weight is the TX. We don't have anything in the works for MMT 125S, but know that we are always working on new products and that the feedback we receive here is taken into serious consideration during the development process!

@jj9000 - in the 105 weight class we do have the TX Flex available, which is 113 grams and is a great transition from 105S to 125TX.

We are thrilled to see all of this great feedback flooding in through the forums. Thanks to @J13 for the thorough review, and thanks to all of you for the ongoing support!

@"MITSUBISHI CHEMICAL" please pass on to the decision makers, that if a 125S existed I would purchase immediately. Based upon others comments, I may not be the only one. You would be filling a void in the graphite iron shaft market that has caused me lots of frustration.

• Like 1

Titleist TSr 3 10°, Ventus Blue 6s
Titleist TSr 2 16.5°, Ventus Blue 7s

Ping G430 3, 4, 5 hybrid, Alta CB Black 70s

PXG 0317T 6-9, Mitsubishi MMT 80s
Vokey SM9 46°, 50°, 54° D, 60° T, Mitsubishi MMT 85s

L.A.B. Mezz.1 Max 35”, Accra

> @Jbigda said:

> Thanks. Wasn’t sure if anyone here went down the path before I reached out to Mitsubishi. Tensei is being offered as the stock offering in the new Titleist irons so it caught my attention.

>

> Side note, I’ve been playing MCI 100S in my AP3 for a couple of seasons and it’s amazing how good graphite iron shafts feel. Can’t wait to try MMT.

Due to high bend, I suspect a difference in trajectory. The MCA TENSEI™ AV White AM(2) shafts will have no up-charge by Titleist and have high bend and low trajectory, and from shaft-to-shaft progressive weight, and have lengths to fit 2 and 1 iron. Also, I am told, not available till later this month.

• TSR2 10° Ventus Velo TR Blue 58S
  • TSR2 15° Talamonti PD80R
  • T200 17' 2i Tensei AV Raw White Hybrid 95S
  • T100 3i & 4i MMT 85S
  • T100 5i to 9i MMT 105S
  • T100 PW, SM9 F52/12, M58/8, PX Wedge 120S
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x

> @"MITSUBISHI CHEMICAL" said:

> > @jj9000 said:

> > I know Mitsubishi is reading this thread.

> >

> > When will the MMT 125 Stiff be released?

> >

> > Seems like 125TX will fit a very small subset of a large population of customers, and the jump from 105 Stiff to 125TX is a very large step in flex.

>

> The only flex available in the 125 gram weight is the TX. We don't have anything in the works for MMT 125S, but know that we are always working on new products and that the feedback we receive here is taken into serious consideration during the development process!

>

> @jj9000 - in the 105 weight class we do have the TX Flex available, which is 113 grams and is a great transition from 105S to 125TX.

>

> We are thrilled to see all of this great feedback flooding in through the forums. Thanks to @J13 for the thorough review, and thanks to all of you for the ongoing support!

@"MITSUBISHI CHEMICAL" So what would you guys suggest if one wanted to move from Modus Tour 120x into the MMT, but wanted to keep the weight profile up? I'd also be in the camp of not wanting to venture into a costly experiment by trying the 105's as I wasn't a fan of the Modus 105x at all; just felt too light.

> > @jj9000 said:

> > I know Mitsubishi is reading this thread.

> >

> > When will the MMT 125 Stiff be released?

> >

> > Seems like 125TX will fit a very small subset of a large population of customers, and the jump from 105 Stiff to 125TX is a very large step in flex.

>

> The only flex available in the 125 gram weight is the TX. We don't have anything in the works for MMT 125S, but know that we are always working on new products and that the feedback we receive here is taken into serious consideration during the development process!

>

> @jj9000 - in the 105 weight class we do have the TX Flex available, which is 113 grams and is a great transition from 105S to 125TX.

>

> We are thrilled to see all of this great feedback flooding in through the forums. Thanks to @J13 for the thorough review, and thanks to all of you for the ongoing support!

For a guy who played C-Tapers 120 Stiff and now the PX LZ 6.0, would the 105 TX shafts be a good match?

@racmbs - If you are looking to stay in the 125 range, I would recommend testing this product as is. There is a lot of versatility with this shaft as the torque is slightly higher than most iron shafts in this weight category.

If you find that launch is a little bit flat, soft-stepping may be a good option.

> @racmbs - If you are looking to stay in the 125 range, I would recommend testing this product as is. There is a lot of versatility with this shaft as the torque is slightly higher than most iron shafts in this weight category.

>

> If you find that launch is a little bit flat, soft-stepping may be a good option.

@"MITSUBISHI CHEMICAL" appreciate the quick reply.

So conversely if one wanted to go from Modus 120x to 120s, you'd recommend soft stepping the 125TX x 2?

Got the second set of Mits MMT 125 TX to put into my Callaway Apex Pro DOT heads, 4-pw and into my Cobra Tour wedges 50/54/58....install tomorrow, play them Sunday!! Can't wait.

• Like 1

Lamkin Sonar Plus Wrap

WITB Link

> @"Dscvrr St Louis" said:

> Got the second set of Mits MMT 125 TX to put into my Callaway Apex Pro DOT heads, 4-pw and into my Cobra Tour wedges 50/54/58....install tomorrow, play them Sunday!! Can't wait.

@"Dscvrr St Louis" you mentioned playing Modus 120x at one time, how would you compare those to the MMT 125TX in terms of feel? Not much info to go off on these.

> @racmbs said:

> > Got the second set of Mits MMT 125 TX to put into my Callaway Apex Pro DOT heads, 4-pw and into my Cobra Tour wedges 50/54/58....install tomorrow, play them Sunday!! Can't wait.

>

> @"Dscvrr St Louis" you mentioned playing Modus 120x at one time, how would you compare those to the MMT 125TX in terms of feel? Not much info to go off on these.

>

The 125TX is only 6 grams heavier than the 120x Modus, and honestly, I can't feel any more 'heft' in the shaft, guessing since some of the weight is in the tip with the Stainless Steel mesh, so definitely not any more work to swing the MMT, conversely I think they are more balanced and less bulky to swing and I still think the 120x and 120tx in the modus are a couple of the smoothest steel shafts I have ever played.

Lamkin Sonar Plus Wrap

WITB Link

> @"Dscvrr St Louis" said:

> > @racmbs said:

> > > @"Dscvrr St Louis" said:

> > > Got the second set of Mits MMT 125 TX to put into my Callaway Apex Pro DOT heads, 4-pw and into my Cobra Tour wedges 50/54/58....install tomorrow, play them Sunday!! Can't wait.

> >

> > @"Dscvrr St Louis" you mentioned playing Modus 120x at one time, how would you compare those to the MMT 125TX in terms of feel? Not much info to go off on these.

> >

>

> The 125TX is only 6 grams heavier than the 120x Modus, and honestly, I can't feel any more 'heft' in the shaft, guessing since some of the weight is in the tip with the Stainless Steel mesh, so definitely not any more work to swing the MMT, conversely I think they are more balanced and less bulky to swing and I still think the 120x and 120tx in the modus are a couple of the smoothest steel shafts I have ever played.

Have to agree, I absolutely love my Modus 120x and 125 wedge shafts. But as with J13, my shoulder and back issues aren't making the game any easier and was hoping a transition into graphite iron shafts would yield the same satisfaction and results as both of you.

I'll connect with my local builder and see if we can order a single MMT 125TX for me to test. By your weight assessment it might be best for me to soft step x 1 and go from there.

> @racmbs said:

> > > @racmbs said:

> > > > @"Dscvrr St Louis" said:

> > > > Got the second set of Mits MMT 125 TX to put into my Callaway Apex Pro DOT heads, 4-pw and into my Cobra Tour wedges 50/54/58....install tomorrow, play them Sunday!! Can't wait.

> > >

> > > @"Dscvrr St Louis" you mentioned playing Modus 120x at one time, how would you compare those to the MMT 125TX in terms of feel? Not much info to go off on these.

> > >

> >

> > The 125TX is only 6 grams heavier than the 120x Modus, and honestly, I can't feel any more 'heft' in the shaft, guessing since some of the weight is in the tip with the Stainless Steel mesh, so definitely not any more work to swing the MMT, conversely I think they are more balanced and less bulky to swing and I still think the 120x and 120tx in the modus are a couple of the smoothest steel shafts I have ever played.

>

> Have to agree, I absolutely love my Modus 120x and 125 wedge shafts. But as with J13, my shoulder and back issues aren't making the game any easier and was hoping a transition into graphite iron shafts would yield the same satisfaction and results as both of you.

>

> I'll connect with my local builder and see if we can order a single MMT 125TX for me to test. By your weight assessment it might be best for me to soft step x 1 and go from there.

Makes sense. Hopefully builders will get a demo in of the 125TX so people can try them in fittings

Edel PROTO

> @andfri said:

> Did anyone played already Project X Catalyst (100cw) shafts already? Can someone compare to MMT? Thanks

I haven't only because of the weight. I could have sworn I saw a heavier tour version but couldn't find it anywhere.

Edel PROTO

> @andfri said:

> Did anyone played already Project X Catalyst (100cw) shafts already? Can someone compare to MMT? Thanks

My DOT heads came with 100 Catalyst and the 3 iron still has it in there. Hit it a few times but as with most graphite I cannot feel the heft of the shaft balance wise.

Lamkin Sonar Plus Wrap

WITB Link