2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

** OFFICIAL REVIEW: MITSUBISHI MMT Iron Shafts ***** FINAL REVIEW Post #2 is UP

J13

SO played today with the Apex Pro DOT heads 4-pw, and Cobra Tour wedges 50/54/58 at my usual course. Wind was up and many times left to right or reversed. Shot a 76 so good round overall.

First off, the MMT's in the Cobra wedges feel excellent on full, partial, knockdown shots and around the greens chipping and pitching. Just like after a couple rounds I really didn't think about the shafts being graphite in any way and in the wedges the feel was so right on right away. Building the DOT's was similar to the Epons except one head was a bit light about 4-5 grams off, so had to adjust swing weight during the build a touch, but just the one club. All others were in the D5.8-D6.2 range. So two of 3 iron sets I currently have I have installed the MMTs...honestly see no need to go back to steel....no benefits over the MMT's with the steel and no Con's in the MMT's vs the steel. This is my personal opinion, of course, and it is how I feel the shafts perform. BUT they perform unlike any graphite I have ever hit. We have heavy KBS TGI, Aerotech, Paderson in the 110+ range and none feel like the MMT's in many different ways.

Ball flight today was again extremely straight unless I tried to turn it with the wind, which of course I overdid and blew the green by 30 ft...but it was what I expected from impact and could tell what to expect when I saw the shot.

Wedges were so good, going to get 3 more for my MD5 Jaws also.

Thanks for reading.

• Like 1

Callaway Mavrik SZ 9.0 VA Composites Nemesys 65 04
Callaway Mavrik SZ 15 VA Composites Nemesys 75 04
Callaway Mavrik Pro Hybrid 18* Veylix Rome 888 S
Callaway 2019 Apex Pro DOT 4-PW Mits MMT 125 TX/ Vega Mizar Tour Oban CT 115 X
Odyssey WHP #3-Stability Tour, Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5, Toulon Long Island Garage-Stability Shaft
Callaway MD5 Jaws Tour Grey 50/54/58 and  Cobra Tour Versatile 50/54/58 Mitsubishi MMT 125TX Graphite
Lamkin Sonar Plus Wrap

WITB Link

> @"Dscvrr St Louis" said:

> SO played today with the Apex Pro DOT heads 4-pw, and Cobra Tour wedges 50/54/58 at my usual course. Wind was up and many times left to right or reversed. Shot a 76 so good round overall.

> First off, the MMT's in the Cobra wedges feel excellent on full, partial, knockdown shots and around the greens chipping and pitching. Just like after a couple rounds I really didn't think about the shafts being graphite in any way and in the wedges the feel was so right on right away. Building the DOT's was similar to the Epons except one head was a bit light about 4-5 grams off, so had to adjust swing weight during the build a touch, but just the one club. All others were in the D5.8-D6.2 range. So two of 3 iron sets I currently have I have installed the MMTs...honestly see no need to go back to steel....no benefits over the MMT's with the steel and no Con's in the MMT's vs the steel. This is my personal opinion, of course, and it is how I feel the shafts perform. BUT they perform unlike any graphite I have ever hit. We have heavy KBS TGI, Aerotech, Paderson in the 110+ range and none feel like the MMT's in many different ways.

> Ball flight today was again extremely straight unless I tried to turn it with the wind, which of course I overdid and blew the green by 30 ft...but it was what I expected from impact and could tell what to expect when I saw the shot.

> Wedges were so good, going to get 3 more for my MD5 Jaws also.

>

> Thanks for reading.

Told ya haha. Thanks for sharing your experience

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

Do you guys know if places like True Spec carry full sets to actually get fit with? I'm dying to try these in wedges but I'm a lot more likely to soft step these so not sure if 8 and 9i shafts would be available to actually see numbers. I take a lot of partial shots with the LW and SW, so I worry the actual PW shaft could be a little too stiff for these swings.

Where is everyone purchasing these? I want to buy one or two to test.

Titleist TSr 3 10°, Ventus Blue 6s
Titleist TSr 2 16.5°, Ventus Blue 7s

Ping G430 3, 4, 5 hybrid, Alta CB Black 70s

PXG 0317T 6-9, Mitsubishi MMT 80s
Vokey SM9 46°, 50°, 54° D, 60° T, Mitsubishi MMT 85s

L.A.B. Mezz.1 Max 35”, Accra

> @Z1ggy16 said:

> Do you guys know if places like True Spec carry full sets to actually get fit with? I'm dying to try these in wedges but I'm a lot more likely to soft step these so not sure if 8 and 9i shafts would be available to actually see numbers. I take a lot of partial shots with the LW and SW, so I worry the actual PW shaft could be a little too stiff for these swings.

I put all the irons in straight install. Unless you need the height on your shots, no real reason to SS the irons. I don't know of any fitters though, that will have full sets of heads and shafts in length to test the MMT's, or any other shafts either. If you have already been fit for a shaft properly, the weight would be really close to the weight you need in the MMTs.

Odyssey WHP #3-Stability Tour, Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5, Toulon Long Island Garage-Stability Shaft
Callaway MD5 Jaws Tour Grey 50/54/58 and  Cobra Tour Versatile 50/54/58 Mitsubishi MMT 125TX Graphite
Lamkin Sonar Plus Wrap

WITB Link

> > @Z1ggy16 said:

> > Do you guys know if places like True Spec carry full sets to actually get fit with? I'm dying to try these in wedges but I'm a lot more likely to soft step these so not sure if 8 and 9i shafts would be available to actually see numbers. I take a lot of partial shots with the LW and SW, so I worry the actual PW shaft could be a little too stiff for these swings.

>

> I put all the irons in straight install. Unless you need the height on your shots, no real reason to SS the irons. I don't know of any fitters though, that will have full sets of heads and shafts in length to test the MMT's, or any other shafts either. If you have already been fit for a shaft properly, the weight would be really close to the weight you need in the MMTs.

Yeah I was fit for the Modus120X and I pretty much have tried every shaft in the 120-130g range, these are the clear shafts for me. I just worry with you guys who are in TX (which is much more tip stiff than X flex) that going straight in won't give me the feel I like b/c it could feel a little too stiff.

I use TX in my GW and SW but they are 8i shafts so that's a 2x SS plus with the heavier wedge heads, it kind of plays even softer.

> @Z1ggy16 said:

> > @"Dscvrr St Louis" said:

> > > @Z1ggy16 said:

> > > Do you guys know if places like True Spec carry full sets to actually get fit with? I'm dying to try these in wedges but I'm a lot more likely to soft step these so not sure if 8 and 9i shafts would be available to actually see numbers. I take a lot of partial shots with the LW and SW, so I worry the actual PW shaft could be a little too stiff for these swings.

> >

> > I put all the irons in straight install. Unless you need the height on your shots, no real reason to SS the irons. I don't know of any fitters though, that will have full sets of heads and shafts in length to test the MMT's, or any other shafts either. If you have already been fit for a shaft properly, the weight would be really close to the weight you need in the MMTs.

>

> Yeah I was fit for the Modus120X and I pretty much have tried every shaft in the 120-130g range, these are the clear shafts for me. I just worry with you guys who are in TX (which is much more tip stiff than X flex) that going straight in won't give me the feel I like b/c it could feel a little too stiff.

>

> I use TX in my GW and SW but they are 8i shafts so that's a 2x SS plus with the heavier wedge heads, it kind of plays even softer.

I will say this, I was playing Modus 120x for a couple of years and went back to Modus 125TX for the 'heft' feel in the shaft. The MMT 125TX in graphite, feels, loads, responsive like a steel shaft and it may be tip stiff, but it doesn't feel tip stiff at impact or through the ball. People mention that the shaft feels stout when they swing it, but they don't mention that it lacks any feedback at impact, they usually mention they are surprised that it is so responsive of the quality of the strike.

Lamkin Sonar Plus Wrap

WITB Link

> > @Z1ggy16 said:

> > > @"Dscvrr St Louis" said:

> > > > @Z1ggy16 said:

> > > > Do you guys know if places like True Spec carry full sets to actually get fit with? I'm dying to try these in wedges but I'm a lot more likely to soft step these so not sure if 8 and 9i shafts would be available to actually see numbers. I take a lot of partial shots with the LW and SW, so I worry the actual PW shaft could be a little too stiff for these swings.

> > >

> > > I put all the irons in straight install. Unless you need the height on your shots, no real reason to SS the irons. I don't know of any fitters though, that will have full sets of heads and shafts in length to test the MMT's, or any other shafts either. If you have already been fit for a shaft properly, the weight would be really close to the weight you need in the MMTs.

> >

> > Yeah I was fit for the Modus120X and I pretty much have tried every shaft in the 120-130g range, these are the clear shafts for me. I just worry with you guys who are in TX (which is much more tip stiff than X flex) that going straight in won't give me the feel I like b/c it could feel a little too stiff.

> >

> > I use TX in my GW and SW but they are 8i shafts so that's a 2x SS plus with the heavier wedge heads, it kind of plays even softer.

>

> I will say this, I was playing Modus 120x for a couple of years and went back to Modus 125TX for the 'heft' feel in the shaft. The MMT 125TX in graphite, feels, loads, responsive like a steel shaft and it may be tip stiff, but it doesn't feel tip stiff at impact or through the ball. People mention that the shaft feels stout when they swing it, but they don't mention that it lacks any feedback at impact, they usually mention they are surprised that it is so responsive of the quality of the strike.

I'm going to have to try them out to see how it is. It's not even funny how much better modus 120 is for me compared to everything else I've tried. Only thing that came close in terms of shaft feel has been $ Taper and PX LZ, but Modus gave me much better dispersion. If I had to lean one way with a shaft, it would be softer, just because when things "feel" too stout, then it tends to make me rush the tempo and try to hit "at" the ball instead of my normal swing. I don't think it's a speed issue, as my 6i swing speed when I'm trained and healthy is around 95mph. It's purely feel for me.

> @Z1ggy16 said:

> > > @Z1ggy16 said:

> > > > @"Dscvrr St Louis" said:

> > > > > @Z1ggy16 said:

> > > > > Do you guys know if places like True Spec carry full sets to actually get fit with? I'm dying to try these in wedges but I'm a lot more likely to soft step these so not sure if 8 and 9i shafts would be available to actually see numbers. I take a lot of partial shots with the LW and SW, so I worry the actual PW shaft could be a little too stiff for these swings.

> > > >

> > > > I put all the irons in straight install. Unless you need the height on your shots, no real reason to SS the irons. I don't know of any fitters though, that will have full sets of heads and shafts in length to test the MMT's, or any other shafts either. If you have already been fit for a shaft properly, the weight would be really close to the weight you need in the MMTs.

> > >

> > > Yeah I was fit for the Modus120X and I pretty much have tried every shaft in the 120-130g range, these are the clear shafts for me. I just worry with you guys who are in TX (which is much more tip stiff than X flex) that going straight in won't give me the feel I like b/c it could feel a little too stiff.

> > >

> > > I use TX in my GW and SW but they are 8i shafts so that's a 2x SS plus with the heavier wedge heads, it kind of plays even softer.

> >

> > I will say this, I was playing Modus 120x for a couple of years and went back to Modus 125TX for the 'heft' feel in the shaft. The MMT 125TX in graphite, feels, loads, responsive like a steel shaft and it may be tip stiff, but it doesn't feel tip stiff at impact or through the ball. People mention that the shaft feels stout when they swing it, but they don't mention that it lacks any feedback at impact, they usually mention they are surprised that it is so responsive of the quality of the strike.

>

> I'm going to have to try them out to see how it is. It's not even funny how much better modus 120 is for me compared to everything else I've tried. Only thing that came close in terms of shaft feel has been $ Taper and PX LZ, but Modus gave me much better dispersion. If I had to lean one way with a shaft, it would be softer, just because when things "feel" too stout, then it tends to make me rush the tempo and try to hit "at" the ball instead of my normal swing. I don't think it's a speed issue, as my 6i swing speed when I'm trained and healthy is around 95mph. It's purely feel for me.

Worse case you could SS them in a 4-PW set since they offer a 3 iron shaft. Soften a touch and launch/spin a touch more.

Lamkin Sonar Plus Wrap

WITB Link

> > @Z1ggy16 said:

> > > > @Z1ggy16 said:

> > > > > @"Dscvrr St Louis" said:

> > > > > > @Z1ggy16 said:

> > > > > > Do you guys know if places like True Spec carry full sets to actually get fit with? I'm dying to try these in wedges but I'm a lot more likely to soft step these so not sure if 8 and 9i shafts would be available to actually see numbers. I take a lot of partial shots with the LW and SW, so I worry the actual PW shaft could be a little too stiff for these swings.

> > > > >

> > > > > I put all the irons in straight install. Unless you need the height on your shots, no real reason to SS the irons. I don't know of any fitters though, that will have full sets of heads and shafts in length to test the MMT's, or any other shafts either. If you have already been fit for a shaft properly, the weight would be really close to the weight you need in the MMTs.

> > > >

> > > > Yeah I was fit for the Modus120X and I pretty much have tried every shaft in the 120-130g range, these are the clear shafts for me. I just worry with you guys who are in TX (which is much more tip stiff than X flex) that going straight in won't give me the feel I like b/c it could feel a little too stiff.

> > > >

> > > > I use TX in my GW and SW but they are 8i shafts so that's a 2x SS plus with the heavier wedge heads, it kind of plays even softer.

> > >

> > > I will say this, I was playing Modus 120x for a couple of years and went back to Modus 125TX for the 'heft' feel in the shaft. The MMT 125TX in graphite, feels, loads, responsive like a steel shaft and it may be tip stiff, but it doesn't feel tip stiff at impact or through the ball. People mention that the shaft feels stout when they swing it, but they don't mention that it lacks any feedback at impact, they usually mention they are surprised that it is so responsive of the quality of the strike.

> >

> > I'm going to have to try them out to see how it is. It's not even funny how much better modus 120 is for me compared to everything else I've tried. Only thing that came close in terms of shaft feel has been $ Taper and PX LZ, but Modus gave me much better dispersion. If I had to lean one way with a shaft, it would be softer, just because when things "feel" too stout, then it tends to make me rush the tempo and try to hit "at" the ball instead of my normal swing. I don't think it's a speed issue, as my 6i swing speed when I'm trained and healthy is around 95mph. It's purely feel for me.

>

> Worse case you could SS them in a 4-PW set since they offer a 3 iron shaft. Soften a touch and launch/spin a touch more.

That's kind of what I thought. Say I SS 1x in a 4-PW... Would I also play the 9i in GW & SW then maybe move to PW shaft in the LW? I just pretty much confirmed with the MCA Rep here that the places closest to me that are authorized dealers won't have full sets (probably just 7i shafts) so it's sort of a toss up.

> @Z1ggy16 said:

> > > @Z1ggy16 said:

> > > > > @Z1ggy16 said:

> > > > > > @"Dscvrr St Louis" said:

> > > > > > > @Z1ggy16 said:

> > > > > > > Do you guys know if places like True Spec carry full sets to actually get fit with? I'm dying to try these in wedges but I'm a lot more likely to soft step these so not sure if 8 and 9i shafts would be available to actually see numbers. I take a lot of partial shots with the LW and SW, so I worry the actual PW shaft could be a little too stiff for these swings.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I put all the irons in straight install. Unless you need the height on your shots, no real reason to SS the irons. I don't know of any fitters though, that will have full sets of heads and shafts in length to test the MMT's, or any other shafts either. If you have already been fit for a shaft properly, the weight would be really close to the weight you need in the MMTs.

> > > > >

> > > > > Yeah I was fit for the Modus120X and I pretty much have tried every shaft in the 120-130g range, these are the clear shafts for me. I just worry with you guys who are in TX (which is much more tip stiff than X flex) that going straight in won't give me the feel I like b/c it could feel a little too stiff.

> > > > >

> > > > > I use TX in my GW and SW but they are 8i shafts so that's a 2x SS plus with the heavier wedge heads, it kind of plays even softer.

> > > >

> > > > I will say this, I was playing Modus 120x for a couple of years and went back to Modus 125TX for the 'heft' feel in the shaft. The MMT 125TX in graphite, feels, loads, responsive like a steel shaft and it may be tip stiff, but it doesn't feel tip stiff at impact or through the ball. People mention that the shaft feels stout when they swing it, but they don't mention that it lacks any feedback at impact, they usually mention they are surprised that it is so responsive of the quality of the strike.

> > >

> > > I'm going to have to try them out to see how it is. It's not even funny how much better modus 120 is for me compared to everything else I've tried. Only thing that came close in terms of shaft feel has been $ Taper and PX LZ, but Modus gave me much better dispersion. If I had to lean one way with a shaft, it would be softer, just because when things "feel" too stout, then it tends to make me rush the tempo and try to hit "at" the ball instead of my normal swing. I don't think it's a speed issue, as my 6i swing speed when I'm trained and healthy is around 95mph. It's purely feel for me.

> >

> > Worse case you could SS them in a 4-PW set since they offer a 3 iron shaft. Soften a touch and launch/spin a touch more.

>

> That's kind of what I thought. Say I SS 1x in a 4-PW... Would I also play the 9i in GW & SW then maybe move to PW shaft in the LW? I just pretty much confirmed with the MCA Rep here that the places closest to me that are authorized dealers won't have full sets (probably just 7i shafts) so it's sort of a toss up.

I would do the 9 Iron in Gap and Pw, and PW In SW and LW. When I build I tend to make PW and Gap same length and then SW/LW same length, but .25 inches short of PW/GW. I want the same feel in the PW/GW and then in the SW/LW since mainly same type of shots within the 2 wedge groups.

Lamkin Sonar Plus Wrap

WITB Link

> > @Z1ggy16 said:

> > > > @Z1ggy16 said:

> > > > Do you guys know if places like True Spec carry full sets to actually get fit with? I'm dying to try these in wedges but I'm a lot more likely to soft step these so not sure if 8 and 9i shafts would be available to actually see numbers. I take a lot of partial shots with the LW and SW, so I worry the actual PW shaft could be a little too stiff for these swings.

> > >

> > > I put all the irons in straight install. Unless you need the height on your shots, no real reason to SS the irons. I don't know of any fitters though, that will have full sets of heads and shafts in length to test the MMT's, or any other shafts either. If you have already been fit for a shaft properly, the weight would be really close to the weight you need in the MMTs.

> >

> > Yeah I was fit for the Modus120X and I pretty much have tried every shaft in the 120-130g range, these are the clear shafts for me. I just worry with you guys who are in TX (which is much more tip stiff than X flex) that going straight in won't give me the feel I like b/c it could feel a little too stiff.

> >

> > I use TX in my GW and SW but they are 8i shafts so that's a 2x SS plus with the heavier wedge heads, it kind of plays even softer.

>

> I will say this, I was playing Modus 120x for a couple of years and went back to Modus 125TX for the 'heft' feel in the shaft. The MMT 125TX in graphite, feels, loads, responsive like a steel shaft and it may be tip stiff, but it doesn't feel tip stiff at impact or through the ball. People mention that the shaft feels stout when they swing it, but they don't mention that it lacks any feedback at impact, they usually mention they are surprised that it is so responsive of the quality of the strike.

@"Dscvrr St Louis" I'm currently playing Modus 120x and was going to go down to Modus 120s, due to my shoulder and back issues. The MMT are very intriguing to me at the moment, so would you suggest SS x 2, based off your own testing?

> @racmbs said:

> > > @Z1ggy16 said:

> > > > > @Z1ggy16 said:

> > > > > Do you guys know if places like True Spec carry full sets to actually get fit with? I'm dying to try these in wedges but I'm a lot more likely to soft step these so not sure if 8 and 9i shafts would be available to actually see numbers. I take a lot of partial shots with the LW and SW, so I worry the actual PW shaft could be a little too stiff for these swings.

> > > >

> > > > I put all the irons in straight install. Unless you need the height on your shots, no real reason to SS the irons. I don't know of any fitters though, that will have full sets of heads and shafts in length to test the MMT's, or any other shafts either. If you have already been fit for a shaft properly, the weight would be really close to the weight you need in the MMTs.

> > >

> > > Yeah I was fit for the Modus120X and I pretty much have tried every shaft in the 120-130g range, these are the clear shafts for me. I just worry with you guys who are in TX (which is much more tip stiff than X flex) that going straight in won't give me the feel I like b/c it could feel a little too stiff.

> > >

> > > I use TX in my GW and SW but they are 8i shafts so that's a 2x SS plus with the heavier wedge heads, it kind of plays even softer.

> >

> > I will say this, I was playing Modus 120x for a couple of years and went back to Modus 125TX for the 'heft' feel in the shaft. The MMT 125TX in graphite, feels, loads, responsive like a steel shaft and it may be tip stiff, but it doesn't feel tip stiff at impact or through the ball. People mention that the shaft feels stout when they swing it, but they don't mention that it lacks any feedback at impact, they usually mention they are surprised that it is so responsive of the quality of the strike.

>

> @"Dscvrr St Louis" I'm currently playing Modus 120x and was going to go down to Modus 120s, due to my shoulder and back issues. The MMT are very intriguing to me at the moment, so would you suggest SS x 2, based off your own testing?

Have you thought about going to the 105's? A little less weight wouldn't be a bad thing for back issues. Plus you could get Stiff flex

• Like 1

Edel PROTO

> @J13 said:

> > @racmbs said:

> > > > @Z1ggy16 said:

> > > > > > Do you guys know if places like True Spec carry full sets to actually get fit with? I'm dying to try these in wedges but I'm a lot more likely to soft step these so not sure if 8 and 9i shafts would be available to actually see numbers. I take a lot of partial shots with the LW and SW, so I worry the actual PW shaft could be a little too stiff for these swings.

> > > > >

> > > > > I put all the irons in straight install. Unless you need the height on your shots, no real reason to SS the irons. I don't know of any fitters though, that will have full sets of heads and shafts in length to test the MMT's, or any other shafts either. If you have already been fit for a shaft properly, the weight would be really close to the weight you need in the MMTs.

> > > >

> > > > Yeah I was fit for the Modus120X and I pretty much have tried every shaft in the 120-130g range, these are the clear shafts for me. I just worry with you guys who are in TX (which is much more tip stiff than X flex) that going straight in won't give me the feel I like b/c it could feel a little too stiff.

> > > >

> > > > I use TX in my GW and SW but they are 8i shafts so that's a 2x SS plus with the heavier wedge heads, it kind of plays even softer.

> > >

> > > I will say this, I was playing Modus 120x for a couple of years and went back to Modus 125TX for the 'heft' feel in the shaft. The MMT 125TX in graphite, feels, loads, responsive like a steel shaft and it may be tip stiff, but it doesn't feel tip stiff at impact or through the ball. People mention that the shaft feels stout when they swing it, but they don't mention that it lacks any feedback at impact, they usually mention they are surprised that it is so responsive of the quality of the strike.

> >

> > @"Dscvrr St Louis" I'm currently playing Modus 120x and was going to go down to Modus 120s, due to my shoulder and back issues. The MMT are very intriguing to me at the moment, so would you suggest SS x 2, based off your own testing?

>

> Have you thought about going to the 105's? A little less weight wouldn't be a bad thing for back issues. Plus you could get Stiff flex

Agree with J13, I would suggest 105 TX at 113 grams, same as Modus 120 Stiff and will be on point flight wise. Could SS 1x the lower wedges if you wanted to get some softer playability on partial shots.

• Like 1

Lamkin Sonar Plus Wrap

WITB Link

> @racmbs said:

> > > @Z1ggy16 said:

> > > > > @Z1ggy16 said:

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> >

>

> @"Dscvrr St Louis" I'm currently playing Modus 120x and was going to go down to Modus 120s, due to my shoulder and back issues. The MMT are very intriguing to me at the moment, so would you suggest SS x 2, based off your own testing?

@J13 makes a good point regarding 105 Stiff. I have been testing MMT 105 "S" 6 iron and surprised how stable and strong they feel, yet it's smoother then Steelfiber "S" and stands up noticeably well to my taper tip 120g PX 6.0 and 120g LZ 6.0. Also not feeling the club-head in the back of my swing with Steelfiber i95cw "S" which throws off my transition and tempo, that hasn't been the case with MMT 105 "S."

• Like 2
  • TSR2 10° Ventus Velo TR Blue 58S
  • TSR2 15° Talamonti PD80R
  • T200 17' 2i Tensei AV Raw White Hybrid 95S
  • T100 3i & 4i MMT 85S
  • T100 5i to 9i MMT 105S
  • T100 PW, SM9 F52/12, M58/8, PX Wedge 120S
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x

> @J13 said:

> > @racmbs said:

> > > > @Z1ggy16 said:

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> > @"Dscvrr St Louis" I'm currently playing Modus 120x and was going to go down to Modus 120s, due to my shoulder and back issues. The MMT are very intriguing to me at the moment, so would you suggest SS x 2, based off your own testing?

>

> Have you thought about going to the 105's? A little less weight wouldn't be a bad thing for back issues. Plus you could get Stiff flex

Have been chatting with a guy over at MCA and he's been really helpful--even went as far to mention he's currently gaming the 105TX himself and has similar #'s on driver SS to me, with only our transitions being slightly different. Based on that alone I'm going to have my builder bring in a few shafts to test and see which one comes out as the winner.

Everyone has been so helpful in this thread and will gladly share my info, in hopes it will help others in the same category as myself.

> @Pepperturbo said:

> > @racmbs said:

> > > > @Z1ggy16 said:

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

> @J13 makes a good point regarding 105 Stiff. I have been testing MMT 105 "S" 6 iron and surprised how stable and strong they feel, yet it's smoother then Steelfiber "S" and stands up noticeably well to my taper tip 120g PX 6.0 and 120g LZ 6.0. Also not feeling the club-head in the back of my swing with Steelfiber i95cw "S" which throws off my transition and tempo, that hasn't been the case with MMT 105 "S."

@Pepperturbo not feeling the club head has been one of my big worries in this transition, as I'm a feel player such as yourself. This is also intriguing and may have to test both the 105S and 105TX side by side. :)

> @Pepperturbo said:

> > @racmbs said:

> > > > @Z1ggy16 said:

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

> @J13 makes a good point regarding 105 Stiff. I have been testing MMT 105 "S" 6 iron and surprised how stable and strong they feel, yet it's smoother then Steelfiber "S" and stands up noticeably well to my taper tip 120g PX 6.0 and 120g LZ 6.0. Also not feeling the club-head in the back of my swing with Steelfiber i95cw "S" which throws off my transition and tempo, that hasn't been the case with MMT 105 "S."

Pepper, this has been the BEST part about these, you can feel the whole club in the swing...not JUST THE HEAD, so you actually can feel the whole plane of the swing and no disconnect in the swing!!

• Like 1

Lamkin Sonar Plus Wrap

WITB Link

> @Pepperturbo said:

> > @racmbs said:

> > > > @Z1ggy16 said:

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

I struggle with not feeling the clubhead with my SF 110's. I am very interested in the MMT 105s. I am probably going to order one to test.

Titleist TSr 3 10°, Ventus Blue 6s
Titleist TSr 2 16.5°, Ventus Blue 7s

Ping G430 3, 4, 5 hybrid, Alta CB Black 70s

PXG 0317T 6-9, Mitsubishi MMT 80s
Vokey SM9 46°, 50°, 54° D, 60° T, Mitsubishi MMT 85s

L.A.B. Mezz.1 Max 35”, Accra

105TX was tempting for me but decided to stick with my tried and true 125g. I honestly can't wait to get my 125TX's into my 2020 irons.

Edel PROTO

> @racmbs said:

> > @J13 said:

> > > @racmbs said:

> > > > > @Z1ggy16 said:

> > > > > > > Do you guys know if places like True Spec carry full sets to actually get fit with? I'm dying to try these in wedges but I'm a lot more likely to soft step these so not sure if 8 and 9i shafts would be available to actually see numbers. I take a lot of partial shots with the LW and SW, so I worry the actual PW shaft could be a little too stiff for these swings.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I put all the irons in straight install. Unless you need the height on your shots, no real reason to SS the irons. I don't know of any fitters though, that will have full sets of heads and shafts in length to test the MMT's, or any other shafts either. If you have already been fit for a shaft properly, the weight would be really close to the weight you need in the MMTs.

> > > > >

> > > > > Yeah I was fit for the Modus120X and I pretty much have tried every shaft in the 120-130g range, these are the clear shafts for me. I just worry with you guys who are in TX (which is much more tip stiff than X flex) that going straight in won't give me the feel I like b/c it could feel a little too stiff.

> > > > >

> > > > > I use TX in my GW and SW but they are 8i shafts so that's a 2x SS plus with the heavier wedge heads, it kind of plays even softer.

> > > >

> > > > I will say this, I was playing Modus 120x for a couple of years and went back to Modus 125TX for the 'heft' feel in the shaft. The MMT 125TX in graphite, feels, loads, responsive like a steel shaft and it may be tip stiff, but it doesn't feel tip stiff at impact or through the ball. People mention that the shaft feels stout when they swing it, but they don't mention that it lacks any feedback at impact, they usually mention they are surprised that it is so responsive of the quality of the strike.

> > >

> > > @"Dscvrr St Louis" I'm currently playing Modus 120x and was going to go down to Modus 120s, due to my shoulder and back issues. The MMT are very intriguing to me at the moment, so would you suggest SS x 2, based off your own testing?

> >

> > Have you thought about going to the 105's? A little less weight wouldn't be a bad thing for back issues. Plus you could get Stiff flex

>

> Have been chatting with a guy over at MCA and he's been really helpful--even went as far to mention he's currently gaming the 105TX himself and has similar #'s on driver SS to me, with only our transitions being slightly different. Based on that alone I'm going to have my builder bring in a few shafts to test and see which one comes out as the winner.

>

> Everyone has been so helpful in this thread and will gladly share my info, in hopes it will help others in the same category as myself.

Racmbs, what is your 6 iron/driver ss? Modus 120x is one of the better shafts for me. Myself low 90’s/approaching 110, sometimes more.

> @jas904 said:

> > @Pepperturbo said:

> > > @racmbs said:

> > > > > @Z1ggy16 said:

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > @"Dscvrr St Louis" I'm currently playing Modus 120x and was going to go down to Modus 120s, due to my shoulder and back issues. The MMT are very intriguing to me at the moment, so would you suggest SS x 2, based off your own testing?

> >

> > @J13 makes a good point regarding 105 Stiff. I have been testing MMT 105 "S" 6 iron and surprised how stable and strong they feel, yet it's smoother then Steelfiber "S" and stands up noticeably well to my taper tip 120g PX 6.0 and 120g LZ 6.0. Also not feeling the club-head in the back of my swing with Steelfiber i95cw "S" which throws off my transition and tempo, that hasn't been the case with MMT 105 "S."

>

> I struggle with not feeling the clubhead with my SF 110's. I am very interested in the MMT 105s. I am probably going to order one to test.

I have a two SF 110's too, one in a SW. It feels like i95cw's just heavier in my hands. Thanfully, I don't yet have physical issues that necessiate graphite, they just feel good at impact. But keep hearing this little voice saying 105gram is too light for SW.

• T100 3i & 4i MMT 85S
  • T100 5i to 9i MMT 105S
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x

> @racmbs said:

> @Pepperturbo not feeling the club head has been one of my big worries in this transition, as I'm a feel player such as yourself. This is also intriguing and may have to test both the 105S and 105TX side by side. :)

I understand. Changing from PX shafts after 16yrs and now clubheads have been trying as it takes me months to get accustomed to new irons & shafts. I play in wind far too often so I need a shaft that can support numerous types of shots. What I don't want to happen but afraid will, pull the trigger on a set and left to hope.

• T100 3i & 4i MMT 85S
  • T100 5i to 9i MMT 105S
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x

> @biffstix said:

> > @racmbs said:

> > > @J13 said:

> > > > @racmbs said:

> > > > > > > @"Dscvrr St Louis" said:

> > > > > > > > @Z1ggy16 said:

> > > > > > > > Do you guys know if places like True Spec carry full sets to actually get fit with? I'm dying to try these in wedges but I'm a lot more likely to soft step these so not sure if 8 and 9i shafts would be available to actually see numbers. I take a lot of partial shots with the LW and SW, so I worry the actual PW shaft could be a little too stiff for these swings.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I put all the irons in straight install. Unless you need the height on your shots, no real reason to SS the irons. I don't know of any fitters though, that will have full sets of heads and shafts in length to test the MMT's, or any other shafts either. If you have already been fit for a shaft properly, the weight would be really close to the weight you need in the MMTs.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Yeah I was fit for the Modus120X and I pretty much have tried every shaft in the 120-130g range, these are the clear shafts for me. I just worry with you guys who are in TX (which is much more tip stiff than X flex) that going straight in won't give me the feel I like b/c it could feel a little too stiff.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I use TX in my GW and SW but they are 8i shafts so that's a 2x SS plus with the heavier wedge heads, it kind of plays even softer.

> > > > >

> > > > > I will say this, I was playing Modus 120x for a couple of years and went back to Modus 125TX for the 'heft' feel in the shaft. The MMT 125TX in graphite, feels, loads, responsive like a steel shaft and it may be tip stiff, but it doesn't feel tip stiff at impact or through the ball. People mention that the shaft feels stout when they swing it, but they don't mention that it lacks any feedback at impact, they usually mention they are surprised that it is so responsive of the quality of the strike.

> > > >

> > > > @"Dscvrr St Louis" I'm currently playing Modus 120x and was going to go down to Modus 120s, due to my shoulder and back issues. The MMT are very intriguing to me at the moment, so would you suggest SS x 2, based off your own testing?

> > >

> > > Have you thought about going to the 105's? A little less weight wouldn't be a bad thing for back issues. Plus you could get Stiff flex

> >

> > Have been chatting with a guy over at MCA and he's been really helpful--even went as far to mention he's currently gaming the 105TX himself and has similar #'s on driver SS to me, with only our transitions being slightly different. Based on that alone I'm going to have my builder bring in a few shafts to test and see which one comes out as the winner.

> >

> > Everyone has been so helpful in this thread and will gladly share my info, in hopes it will help others in the same category as myself.

>

> Racmbs, what is your 6 iron/driver ss? Modus 120x is one of the better shafts for me. Myself low 90’s/approaching 110, sometimes more.

>

@biffstix Driver SS is 105

> @Pepperturbo said:

> > @racmbs said:

>

> > @Pepperturbo not feeling the club head has been one of my big worries in this transition, as I'm a feel player such as yourself. This is also intriguing and may have to test both the 105S and 105TX side by side. :)

>

> I understand. Changing from PX shafts after 16yrs and now clubheads have been trying as it takes me months to get accustomed to new irons & shafts. I play in wind far too often so I need a shaft that can support numerous types of shots. What I don't want to happen but afraid will, pull the trigger on a set and left to hope.

Takes time for me as well, espically in less than ideal conditions. That's why I don't want distances to change much when i switch club heads or shafts. I don't have time to beat balls for hours multiple times a week.

Edel PROTO

So much of the topic has focussed on the taper tip MMT, I am now wondering how the .370 tip 80G Stiff model would perform in my 19° hybrid. I’ve been using the OTh 80 Stiff in my 19° and OTh 90 Stiff in my 22° hybrids. When I had these clubs built, I had the OTh shafts 1/2” extra over the recommended tipping and I believe it tightened up the shafts too much which is robbing me of having the ability to feel the shaft load and robs me of getting good height on my shots.

Ping G430 Max 10K 10.5° driver - Diamana GT 60S

Ping G430 Max 15° #3 fairway - Diamana TB 70S

Ping G430 Max 21° #7 fairway - Diamana TB 80S

Ping G430 Max 26° #5 hybrid - MMTh 90S

Mizuno Pro 243 4-PW irons - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 48°-10S wedge - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 54°-10S and 60°-06X wedges - MMT Scoring Wedge 105S

Ping PLD Ally Blue 4

Titleist Pro V1x

> @noodle3872 said:

> So much of the topic has focussed on the taper tip MMT, I am now wondering how the .370 tip 80G Stiff model would perform in my 19° hybrid. I’ve been using the OTh 80 Stiff in my 19° and OTh 90 Stiff in my 22° hybrids. When I had these clubs built, I had the OTh shafts 1/2” extra over the recommended tipping and I believe it tightened up the shafts too much which is robbing me of having the ability to feel the shaft load and robs me of getting good height on my shots.

GREAT POINT!

I wondered the same thing. I plan on using a 125TX in my driving iron next year due to how well these shafts perform in long irons. My miss with my old UDI was left and I'm beginning to realize it was because I was putting 90g graphite shafts into it trying to make it play like a fairway wood instead of an actual iron.

So maybe that's a big reason why hybrids can be hook machines? The .370 Tip MMT might be $$$$.

Edel PROTO

I spent some time on the phone with Jordan from Mitsubishi. Based on the feedback Jordan gave me, I’m going to try the MMT .370 tip in my hybrid. I’m told it should launch a touch higher than the equivalent weight OTh with a hair more spin and tighter feel. I also called Nippon about their G.O.S.T. Hybrid shaft. While it follows the Modus 105 bend profile in equivalent flex, the hybrid shaft will launch lower and spin less than the 105.

Ping G430 Max 10K 10.5° driver - Diamana GT 60S

Ping G430 Max 15° #3 fairway - Diamana TB 70S

Ping G430 Max 21° #7 fairway - Diamana TB 80S

Ping G430 Max 26° #5 hybrid - MMTh 90S

Mizuno Pro 243 4-PW irons - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 48°-10S wedge - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 54°-10S and 60°-06X wedges - MMT Scoring Wedge 105S

Ping PLD Ally Blue 4

Titleist Pro V1x