2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Ian Poulter's Amazing Car Collection

ChillyDipper

> @Ferguson said:

> > @cardoustie said:

> > > @Ferguson said:

> > > > @cardoustie said:

> > > > at one point didn't Poulter have just all white cars?

> > > >

> > > > As a Porsche owner myself I would love to walk thru Jerry's storage space

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > What do you own?

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> > 996 Carrera ragtop manual

> > 997,2 Targa 4s, pdk

>

>

> I've had 1984 911 C for about 12 years. 68,000 miles. Garage queen, targa. A friend was divorcing and needed to sell it.

> Drive it to church and around town. My son took it to his prom - good memories. I want to sell it but it feels like a family member now.

> Just winterized it and it's parked.

The 997 targa 4s is a 2009 in Malachite green (wrapped in orange by previous owner). I drive it like I stole it. Did 140mph for a small stretch on way to cottage two weekends back

The 996 is 2004 in polar silver (looks light blue) with navy interior ... really low mileage, from Virginia originally. Wife babies the crap out of her

Ping G400 LST 11* Ventus Black TR 5x

Ping G400 5w 16.9* Ventus Black 5x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* Ventus Red 6x

Ping G425 4h 22* Blueboard HY 80x

Ping Blueprint S 5 - PW Steelfiber 95 & 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59*, Tour W 64* SF 125s

EvnRoll ER9

> @cardoustie said:

> > @Ferguson said:

> > > @cardoustie said:

> > > > @Ferguson said:

> > > > > @cardoustie said:

> > > > > at one point didn't Poulter have just all white cars?

> > > > >

> > > > > As a Porsche owner myself I would love to walk thru Jerry's storage space

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > What do you own?

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > 996 Carrera ragtop manual

> > > 997,2 Targa 4s, pdk

> >

> >

> > I've had 1984 911 C for about 12 years. 68,000 miles. Garage queen, targa. A friend was divorcing and needed to sell it.

> > Drive it to church and around town. My son took it to his prom - good memories. I want to sell it but it feels like a family member now.

> > Just winterized it and it's parked.

>

> The 997 targa 4s is a 2009 in Malachite green (wrapped in orange by previous owner). I drive it like I stole it. Did 140mph for a small stretch on way to cottage two weekends back

> The 996 is 2004 in polar silver (looks light blue) with navy interior ... really low mileage, from Virginia originally. Wife babies the crap out of her

Mine is pewter metallic (paint code 655). Black interior. I do most of the maintenance myself. Air-cooled and a real clutch.

It's a blast to drive. Tell the wife you must drive it hard.

• Like 1

> @Christosterone said:

> Jay Leno refuses to own ferraris fyi

> Doesn’t have a single one in his collection

>

> -Chris

I don’t blame him after the butt ripping Shelby gave them at lemans ..... chicken farmer with old ford tractor power did that.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @PZero said:

> > @chigolfer1 said:

> > In any sort of real world sense, all those Ferraris are impressive but if you are living in that uber rich world and can afford all those, I have to say it doesn't seem like that interesting of a collection.

>

> What? GTFO.

It’s a nice collection. The coolest thing of course is that he earned the money himself, and even better, earned the money for his first by winning the Italian open.

• Like 2

I like Poulter's older Ferraris. So cool looking.

The thing that would bother me, and this might sound lame----but keeping them clean.

They look so nice in the showroom. When you have things that nice the downside is now you care if they get messed up.

I wouldn't want to drive them and get them dirty or damaged.

But, I guess you could choose to have the mindset of not caring. In Poulter's case, he probably has someone who washes the car the same day or next day after he's done driving it. So it's not a big concern.

> @chigolfer1 said:

> In any sort of real world sense, all those Ferraris are impressive but if you are living in that uber rich world and can afford all those, I have to say it doesn't seem like that interesting of a collection.

I have to agree. But I will preface it with the fact that I’m hugely biased because of my vocation and very much numb when it comes to being impressed by cars. Especially over priced midlife crisis mobiles. You can take the sticker price and build something to eat it’s lunch , and have change left for a garage to house it in.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @bladehunter said:

> > @chigolfer1 said:

> > In any sort of real world sense, all those Ferraris are impressive but if you are living in that uber rich world and can afford all those, I have to say it doesn't seem like that interesting of a collection.

>

> I have to agree. But I will preface it with the fact that I’m hugely biased because of my vocation and very much numb when it comes to being impressed by cars. Especially over priced midlife crisis mobiles. You can take the sticker price and build something to eat it’s lunch , and have change left for a garage to house it in.

His cars are investments, which is why he rarely drives them. Every car shown he could sell more much more than he bought them for. Walking into your garage and seeing those incredible works of art sounds better than checking your stock portfolio.

> @PZero said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @chigolfer1 said:

> > > In any sort of real world sense, all those Ferraris are impressive but if you are living in that uber rich world and can afford all those, I have to say it doesn't seem like that interesting of a collection.

> >

> > I have to agree. But I will preface it with the fact that I’m hugely biased because of my vocation and very much numb when it comes to being impressed by cars. Especially over priced midlife crisis mobiles. You can take the sticker price and build something to eat it’s lunch , and have change left for a garage to house it in.

>

> His cars are investments, which is why he rarely drives them. Every car shown he could sell more much more than he bought them for. Walking into your garage and seeing those incredible works of art sounds better than checking your stock portfolio.

Eh. Yes. In theory it works that way. But it’s a very volatile market. I manage one large american collection for a guy. And while he loves street rods / resto mods , I push him towards original examples of rare muscle cars because they are still gaining. And gain regularly. Modern or late model anything , Ferrari included is a risky proposition. It could take 20-30 years for any real appreciation in value. Factor in the upkeep of the facility plus insurance and you still may not realize a profit. Not even an enjoyment if it’s a car you cannot drive for fear of losing value.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @bladehunter said:

> > @PZero said:

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > @chigolfer1 said:

> > > > In any sort of real world sense, all those Ferraris are impressive but if you are living in that uber rich world and can afford all those, I have to say it doesn't seem like that interesting of a collection.

> > >

> > > I have to agree. But I will preface it with the fact that I’m hugely biased because of my vocation and very much numb when it comes to being impressed by cars. Especially over priced midlife crisis mobiles. You can take the sticker price and build something to eat it’s lunch , and have change left for a garage to house it in.

> >

> > His cars are investments, which is why he rarely drives them. Every car shown he could sell more much more than he bought them for. Walking into your garage and seeing those incredible works of art sounds better than checking your stock portfolio.

>

> Eh. Yes. In theory it works that way. But it’s a very volatile market. I manage one large american collection for a guy. And while he loves street rods / resto mods , I push him towards original examples of rare muscle cars because they are still gaining. And gain regularly. Modern or late model anything , Ferrari included is a risky proposition. It could take 20-30 years for any real appreciation in value. Factor in the upkeep of the facility plus insurance and you still may not realize a profit. Not even an enjoyment if it’s a car you cannot drive for fear of losing value.

The collector Ferrari market isn't really volatile. Vintage Ferrari V12's are gaining something like 17% in value a year. You're right about upkeep of facility, insurance, car maintenance...all that adds up very quickly.

> @Superbrit said:

> > @iBanesto said:

> > A quick Google search of their net worth:

> >

> > Jay Leno - $400 million

> > Jerry Seinfeld - $950 million

> > Ian Poulter - $60 million

> >

> > May explain Poulter's "inferior" collection :lol:

>

>

> I've never got how Jerry Seinfeld can be worth so much money, only in America!

Reruns = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!!!!!!!

> @PZero said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @PZero said:

> > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > @chigolfer1 said:

> > > > > In any sort of real world sense, all those Ferraris are impressive but if you are living in that uber rich world and can afford all those, I have to say it doesn't seem like that interesting of a collection.

> > > >

> > > > I have to agree. But I will preface it with the fact that I’m hugely biased because of my vocation and very much numb when it comes to being impressed by cars. Especially over priced midlife crisis mobiles. You can take the sticker price and build something to eat it’s lunch , and have change left for a garage to house it in.

> > >

> > > His cars are investments, which is why he rarely drives them. Every car shown he could sell more much more than he bought them for. Walking into your garage and seeing those incredible works of art sounds better than checking your stock portfolio.

> >

> > Eh. Yes. In theory it works that way. But it’s a very volatile market. I manage one large american collection for a guy. And while he loves street rods / resto mods , I push him towards original examples of rare muscle cars because they are still gaining. And gain regularly. Modern or late model anything , Ferrari included is a risky proposition. It could take 20-30 years for any real appreciation in value. Factor in the upkeep of the facility plus insurance and you still may not realize a profit. Not even an enjoyment if it’s a car you cannot drive for fear of losing value.

>

> The collector Ferrari market isn't really volatile. Vintage Ferrari V12's are gaining something like 17% in value a year. You're right about upkeep of facility, insurance, car maintenance...all that adds up very quickly.

This is not a "facility". This is his garage at his house.

> @PZero said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @PZero said:

> > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > @chigolfer1 said:

> > > > > In any sort of real world sense, all those Ferraris are impressive but if you are living in that uber rich world and can afford all those, I have to say it doesn't seem like that interesting of a collection.

> > > >

> > > > I have to agree. But I will preface it with the fact that I’m hugely biased because of my vocation and very much numb when it comes to being impressed by cars. Especially over priced midlife crisis mobiles. You can take the sticker price and build something to eat it’s lunch , and have change left for a garage to house it in.

> > >

> > > His cars are investments, which is why he rarely drives them. Every car shown he could sell more much more than he bought them for. Walking into your garage and seeing those incredible works of art sounds better than checking your stock portfolio.

> >

> > Eh. Yes. In theory it works that way. But it’s a very volatile market. I manage one large american collection for a guy. And while he loves street rods / resto mods , I push him towards original examples of rare muscle cars because they are still gaining. And gain regularly. Modern or late model anything , Ferrari included is a risky proposition. It could take 20-30 years for any real appreciation in value. Factor in the upkeep of the facility plus insurance and you still may not realize a profit. Not even an enjoyment if it’s a car you cannot drive for fear of losing value.

>

> The collector Ferrari market isn't really volatile. Vintage Ferrari V12's are gaining something like 17% in value a year. You're right about upkeep of facility, insurance, car maintenance...all that adds up very quickly.

Right. But unless I missed them. He’s mostly or all modern Ferrari. Won’t be vintage until 2035

Not trying to argue. Just saying these are cars with huge maintenance bills IF you drive them. And I’m not talking tires and brakes. I’m talking $15-20k timing chain/belt swaps every 5 years or so or a $50k engine when it ( the belt/chain depending on model ) breaks if you don’t.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @rockinar said:

> > @PZero said:

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > @PZero said:

> > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > > @chigolfer1 said:

> > > > > > In any sort of real world sense, all those Ferraris are impressive but if you are living in that uber rich world and can afford all those, I have to say it doesn't seem like that interesting of a collection.

> > > > >

> > > > > I have to agree. But I will preface it with the fact that I’m hugely biased because of my vocation and very much numb when it comes to being impressed by cars. Especially over priced midlife crisis mobiles. You can take the sticker price and build something to eat it’s lunch , and have change left for a garage to house it in.

> > > >

> > > > His cars are investments, which is why he rarely drives them. Every car shown he could sell more much more than he bought them for. Walking into your garage and seeing those incredible works of art sounds better than checking your stock portfolio.

> > >

> > > Eh. Yes. In theory it works that way. But it’s a very volatile market. I manage one large american collection for a guy. And while he loves street rods / resto mods , I push him towards original examples of rare muscle cars because they are still gaining. And gain regularly. Modern or late model anything , Ferrari included is a risky proposition. It could take 20-30 years for any real appreciation in value. Factor in the upkeep of the facility plus insurance and you still may not realize a profit. Not even an enjoyment if it’s a car you cannot drive for fear of losing value.

> >

> > The collector Ferrari market isn't really volatile. Vintage Ferrari V12's are gaining something like 17% in value a year. You're right about upkeep of facility, insurance, car maintenance...all that adds up very quickly.

>

>

>

> This is not a "facility". This is his garage at his house.

It’s climate and humidity controlled , and larger than 2 car so it’s a facility , not a “ 2 car attached “ garage. Not to mention the security system / cameras etc. It has a constant monthly overhead cost that a non collector doesn’t have. That’s the point of saying “ facility “. A lot of insurance companies won’t touch a car like that if it doesn’t live in a climate controlled home of its own like that.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @freeze16172002 said:

> > @Superbrit said:

> > > @iBanesto said:

> > > A quick Google search of their net worth:

> > >

> > > Jay Leno - $400 million

> > > Jerry Seinfeld - $950 million

> > > Ian Poulter - $60 million

> > >

> > > May explain Poulter's "inferior" collection :lol:

> >

> >

> > I've never got how Jerry Seinfeld can be worth so much money, only in America!

> 90% of it comes from Seinfeld the tv show

Co-creator as well so the money made from that show is astronomical.

[size=2]Titleist 910D3 8.5°
TaylorMade M3 15°
Titleist CB (710) 3-PW
Callaway Mack Daddy 4 Chrome 54° S Grind & 58° C Grind
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2
Titleist Pro V 1x[/size]

> @OldTomMorris said:

> > @freeze16172002 said:

> > > @Superbrit said:

> > > > @iBanesto said:

> > > > A quick Google search of their net worth:

> > > >

> > > > Jay Leno - $400 million

> > > > Jerry Seinfeld - $950 million

> > > > Ian Poulter - $60 million

> > > >

> > > > May explain Poulter's "inferior" collection :lol:

> > >

> > >

> > > I've never got how Jerry Seinfeld can be worth so much money, only in America!

> > 90% of it comes from Seinfeld the tv show

>

> Co-creator as well so the money made from that show is astronomical.

Larry David got like a Billion dollars and drivin

jzzubw1wo3h1.png

> @bladehunter said:

> > @PZero said:

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > @PZero said:

> > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > > @chigolfer1 said:

> > > > > > In any sort of real world sense, all those Ferraris are impressive but if you are living in that uber rich world and can afford all those, I have to say it doesn't seem like that interesting of a collection.

> > > > >

> > > > > I have to agree. But I will preface it with the fact that I’m hugely biased because of my vocation and very much numb when it comes to being impressed by cars. Especially over priced midlife crisis mobiles. You can take the sticker price and build something to eat it’s lunch , and have change left for a garage to house it in.

> > > >

> > > > His cars are investments, which is why he rarely drives them. Every car shown he could sell more much more than he bought them for. Walking into your garage and seeing those incredible works of art sounds better than checking your stock portfolio.

> > >

> > > Eh. Yes. In theory it works that way. But it’s a very volatile market. I manage one large american collection for a guy. And while he loves street rods / resto mods , I push him towards original examples of rare muscle cars because they are still gaining. And gain regularly. Modern or late model anything , Ferrari included is a risky proposition. It could take 20-30 years for any real appreciation in value. Factor in the upkeep of the facility plus insurance and you still may not realize a profit. Not even an enjoyment if it’s a car you cannot drive for fear of losing value.

> >

> > The collector Ferrari market isn't really volatile. Vintage Ferrari V12's are gaining something like 17% in value a year. You're right about upkeep of facility, insurance, car maintenance...all that adds up very quickly.

>

> Right. But unless I missed them. He’s mostly or all modern Ferrari. Won’t be vintage until 2035

>

> Not trying to argue. Just saying these are cars with huge maintenance bills IF you drive them. And I’m not talking tires and brakes. I’m talking $15-20k timing chain/belt swaps every 5 years or so or a $50k engine when it ( the belt/chain depending on model ) breaks if you don’t.

Didn't take it as arguing, no worries. All his modern Ferraris are limited production models, so at least he picked the good ones to save away.

> @straightshot7 said:

> I like Poulter's older Ferraris. So cool looking.

>

> The thing that would bother me, and this might sound lame----but keeping them clean.

>

> They look so nice in the showroom. When you have things that nice the downside is now you care if they get messed up.

>

> I wouldn't want to drive them and get them dirty or damaged.

>

> But, I guess you could choose to have the mindset of not caring. In Poulter's case, he probably has someone who washes the car the same day or next day after he's done driving it. So it's not a big concern.

The funny thing is that these are basically race cars

And they end up getting driven to Starbucks at like 40mph ; )

• Like 1

> @bscinstnct said:

> > @straightshot7 said:

> > I like Poulter's older Ferraris. So cool looking.

> >

> > The thing that would bother me, and this might sound lame----but keeping them clean.

> >

> > They look so nice in the showroom. When you have things that nice the downside is now you care if they get messed up.

> >

> > I wouldn't want to drive them and get them dirty or damaged.

> >

> > But, I guess you could choose to have the mindset of not caring. In Poulter's case, he probably has someone who washes the car the same day or next day after he's done driving it. So it's not a big concern.

>

>

>

> The funny thing is that these are basically race cars

>

> And they end up getting driven to Starbucks at like 40mph ; )

Lol true. So sorta like gaming a tour issue M6 with $300 shaft and only driving it 220? :D

> @straightshot7 said:

> > @bscinstnct said:

> > > @straightshot7 said:

> > > I like Poulter's older Ferraris. So cool looking.

> > >

> > > The thing that would bother me, and this might sound lame----but keeping them clean.

> > >

> > > They look so nice in the showroom. When you have things that nice the downside is now you care if they get messed up.

> > >

> > > I wouldn't want to drive them and get them dirty or damaged.

> > >

> > > But, I guess you could choose to have the mindset of not caring. In Poulter's case, he probably has someone who washes the car the same day or next day after he's done driving it. So it's not a big concern.

> >

> >

> >

> > The funny thing is that these are basically race cars

> >

> > And they end up getting driven to Starbucks at like 40mph ; )

>

> Lol true. So sorta like gaming a tour issue M6 with $300 shaft and only driving it 220? :D

HEY! What did I ever do to you??!! Haha

I drive a Subaru and love it :)

• Like 1

Holuy Sh7t : Jay Leno's collection values is more than a bunch of countries on this planet. that is amazing.

Well, as for Ian...goes to show the ones who have the most fun are the ones in the middle of the pack....winning just enough and look.

Titleist TSR4 /Ozik F6M2/Ozik TP6HD/EVO III FUJI/fuji pro 2.0
Cobra Ltd 3 Kaili 80

Cobra Ltd 5 Kaili 80 (sub :Cobra F6 Baffler 18.5 Kaili 80)
Adams XTD TI  22 Hybrid
Honma 757B Blades 4-pw . s300 xp 
Nike Vapor Pro combo AW 50*,Ping 3.0 EYE 54, 58 

Bettinardi SS 2 silver

Nike B1-05 Origin (Rare)
Slazenger 508/Kirk Currie KC02B