- Pro V1x left dash review

3 hours ago, toddmanley said:

I'm at the same intersection of making a decision.  I've played the '21 TP5x the last 3 rounds and prior to that played around with the '21 V1/V1x.  

Which way are you leaning? 

TM SIM 9* Fujikura Ventus Blue 6x

TM SIM 14.25* Fujikura Ventus Blue 7x
Titleist 510U 3i KBS Hybrid Prototype 95x
Mizuno MP20 HMB 4-6i, MP20 MMC 7-P Oban CT 115x 
Vokey SM7 52*, 56*, 60* Modus 125 Wedge
TM Spider X Navy
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Left dash is a game changer for me. It puts me in the right spin window for driver and on full wedge shots I’m not zipping back 5-10 feet it’s more of a stop in place. Perfect ball. 

You are very likely correct that you got a batch of never-hit balls from a used-ball vendor. That certainly happens. But you don't actually know that for certain, of course.   Over the years

I agree with you on everything but according to my GCQUAD, the TP5X spins more all around, inside 50 yards to the driver. Similar yardage as LD though due to slightly more ball speed and launch angles

Posted Images

34 minutes ago, aph2011 said:

Which way are you leaning? 

I need to get back out there with the '21 V1/V1x.  I've got a new set of Apex Pro 21's in the bag with different shafts (DG TI X100) than my previous blades (MP-18 with $-Taper 120) and played well with the TP5x (like the improvements made for wedge and putter shots).  The blades needed a little more height the V1x offered and which the TP5x had as well.  I hope to figure this out before the 4-for-3 deals go away.

Left dash is a game changer for me. It puts me in the right spin window for driver and on full wedge shots I’m not zipping back 5-10 feet it’s more of a stop in place. Perfect ball. 

• Like 3

TSi3 8 Diamana D+ 70TX

Tsi2 18 Tensei Raw White 2.0 85TX 

ZX Utility 18* ADDI 95X

4 Taylormade M2 x100

5-PW CB 801 X7 

SM8 50.12 at 51 KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 135x

RTX ZipCore 55 and 60 KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 125

Scotty X 5.5 

Srixon XV and Titleist -ProV1X

On 3/22/2021 at 7:18 AM, nitram said:

The LD is the first Titleist ball I've even considered in the past 15 years. I've played the TP5X since it's inception and the LETHAL prior to that. In a ball vs ball test with the '21 TP5X the LD launches and flies a little better, is a wash in long and mid-irons, and has a little more spin around the green. I'm going to do more testing to see which ball will eventually be my primary ball but for right  now the LD is in the lead by a nose.

Thanks for the comparison but can you be more specific about what "launches and flies a little better" means?  Do you mean with less spin?  Straighter?  Higher?

Thanks!

It fits my launch and apex windows a little better, seems to fly a little straighter, and stays in the air a hair longer.

JBeam Bullet 10*                           Fujikura Ventus Black 6X

Exotics CBX119 15* 3WD.             Fujikura Ventus Red 8X

Exotics CBX119 18* 5WD              Accra Tour Z RPG 382 M5

Exotics CB2 21* 7WD                    Fujikura Ventus Red 9X
MIURA CB57 5-7                            MCI MMT-125TX

MIURA MB-001 8-P                       MCI MMT-125TX
Chikara V1 Proto 52, 57, 61           MCI MMT-125TX (8-iron)

Cameron 009 Prototype 1.5 Beach 34/350 (A010656)

• 2 weeks later...

Curious how this one stacks up against the Snell MTB-X. In the last 5 years I've switched from V1X, to V1, to TP5X, to Snell MTB-X because of the low launch, firm feel, and performance in the wind. I'm a high spin player that prefers a firmer ball, especially with the putter, so the LD may be the next one to try

Driver: 9' TM SIM2 Max - Ventus Black 6X 

3 Wood: 13' Ping G400 Stretch - HZRDUS HC Yellow 75g 6.5

Irons: 3-GW: Cobra Forged Tec Black - KBS $Taper 130 X

Wedges: Titleist SM8 Raw 56.14F & 60.14K - TT X100 TI Black Onyx

Putter: SC Newport 2 Centershafted P r o t o t y p e

1 hour ago, norcaltrojan said:

Curious how this one stacks up against the Snell MTB-X. In the last 5 years I've switched from V1X, to V1, to TP5X, to Snell MTB-X because of the low launch, firm feel, and performance in the wind. I'm a high spin player that prefers a firmer ball, especially with the putter, so the LD may be the next one to try

I spent the early part of the season playing the LD and MTB-X, along with the Bstone tour BX, which I played all of last year. They're all very good but I like to commit to one by April and went with the LD. 

For me, the LD launches a little higher than the MTB-X but is similar in most ways with driver. I like the sound and feel of the LD more and I didn't see as much movement.  The LD was a half club longer with irons, more similar to the TP5x for me.  The MTB-X spun too much on greens with scoring irons. The LD is just right. 

The MTB-X was the best ball for me in the wind.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, ddherman said:

Correct but I just got them in the mail and there is no way these have ever been hit.  You get 3 of each number 1-4 like all they did was take them out of the packaging and send out.

I bought from them twice. The numbers I received were randomly mixed (more of some numbers than others). Not a big deal, you just got lucky.

• Like 1

G400 LST 10*, Tensei CK White 60S

0317 Gen1 17* & 0317X Gen2 19*, MMT 80S

0311 Gen1 4-5 & 0311P Gen2 6-PW, SteelFiber 95S

RTX4 Raw 52* & 58*, Mid, TI S400; HiToe 64*, HiRev 2.0
SC Red X2

Tour B XS (normal cond.) / LD V1x (windy cond.)

- Testing: 0811X+ Proto; Orig One 11.5*; SuperHybrid 17*; 0311XF #3; 2021 TP5x, CS X Triple Track.

- Backups: EFSZ 9* & 15*; TS2 15*; ‘16 M1 3HL; F7 2-3H; 0211; TW-X; IC-601; 716 T-MB; Lucky 777CS; WHP 7CS & CSM 400g; Sigma G Kinloch C.

5 minutes ago, 95124hacker said:

I bought from them twice. The numbers I received were randomly mixed (more of some numbers than others). Not a big deal, you just got lucky.

You are probably correct but no matter the numbers they are brand new balls.  These have never been hit so not sure if that was luck as well but I would think not the case as I can’t believe they can find that many left dash in the wild!

I'm beginning to put the LD in play.  The first few rounds are very, very promising.  I've been gaming the TP5X and standard Pro V1 last year.  I am a high spin player.  So far I am enjoying the flight window these provide.  I have to recalibrate the putting stroke a bit, but so far very impressed with the overall playability of this ball.  Greatly reminds me of the early versions of the Pro V1X, before they started making it a spin machine.   

TaylorMade SIM2 10.5*, Ventus Black 6X 
TaylorMade SIM2 3W 15*, Ventus Blue 7X
TaylorMade SIM2 3H 19.5*, Ventus Blue 9X

TaylorMade P770 4-5, P7MC 6-PW, DG TI X100
TaylorMade MG2 50, 54, 58, DG TI S400

TaylorMade Spider X

On 4/9/2021 at 7:07 PM, ddherman said:

You are probably correct but no matter the numbers they are brand new balls.  These have never been hit so not sure if that was luck as well but I would think not the case as I can’t believe they can find that many left dash in the wild!

You are very likely correct that you got a batch of never-hit balls from a used-ball vendor. That certainly happens. But you don't actually know that for certain, of course.

Over the years when buying "Mint" or "AAAAA" quality used balls I've seen plenty of balls that were indistinguishable from brand new mixed in with those having a few Sharpie marks or the occasional blemish. You really can't tell the difference between a clean and unblemished ball that's been hit and a literally un-hit one. 

Off topic story...

One recent round I was playing a white, 2021 model Pro V1 with the number "4" on it. On the first hole I was helping my partner search for his lost ball miles left in the woods. We never found his but I did see an apparently brand-new white, 2021 model Pro V1 with the number "4" on it. My lucky day!

Later in the round, would you believe I found a second apparently brand-new white, 2021 model Pro V1 with the number "4".

Someone ahead of me was playing balls just like mine out of their "4" sleeve and losing them in the left woods all day. I felt like a kid on an easter egg hunt. Almost made up for fact I didn't have a prayer of winning any money with a partner who kept doing the same thing!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
On 4/9/2021 at 6:07 PM, ddherman said:

You are certainly more fortunate than I with them. While they look brand new with no blemishes or cosmetic there are other QC issues. I ordered 6 dozen (72 balls) and received 6 green little nylon bags like the little bag a cluster of grapes comes in, each containing a dozen balls. In each dozen there are two or three (non LD) Pro V1X. Not a deal killer but definitely something a potential buyer needs to know.

11 minutes ago, nitram said:

You are certainly more fortunate than I with them. While they look brand new with no blemishes or cosmetic there are other QC issues. I ordered 6 dozen (72 balls) and received 6 green little nylon bags like the little bag a cluster of grapes comes in, each containing a dozen balls. In each dozen there are two or three (non LD) Pro V1X. Not a deal killer but definitely something a potential buyer needs to know.

Did you reach out to them? I’ve ordered in bulk before, 4 dozen, and haven’t had that issue. 

WITB Thread

TSi3 9* / Ventus Black 7x

TSi2 16.5* / Ventus Black 8x

TSi2 21* / Ventus Red 9x

T100•s 4-9 / DG X7

SM8 46 / DG X7

SM8 50, 54, 58 / DG TI X1

Squareback 2 - One and Done - ER5

Sent them an email right before I posted this afternoon.

• Like 1