- Pro V1x left dash review

GC70

Played my second round with the left dash, very impressive ball so far. Hit my best drive of the year with it, ran out to around 336 yards, and hit 2 more well into the 300's. Ball seems to end up pretty much right near the ball mark on the green, pretty much a hop and stop for me, so getting used to it not running back like the Snell MTB-X I was playing. What a durable ball, smashed through two doglegs and hit a tree hard both times, and the cover is still very fresh looking. Played the whole round with one ball, and it looked pretty new at the end. 

Driver: PING G425 LST/Callaway Epic Speed LS
3 wood: Taylormade mini 300
2 Hybrid Callaway Maverick

4 Hybrid Taylormade Superfast

5-UW: Ping i210
Maltby TSW sand wedge

Odyssey OG 2 Ball stroke lab
Titleist ProV1 left dash/Snell MTB-X/Vice Pro Plus

While my wedge shots will only run out 2-8 feet on the green, my mid and long irons will roll out much  more, and run off the green completely a few times/round.  My mid and long irons with the regular ProV1x will hold the green.  This is where the spin difference is a big negative for me.  It is a trade off.  I am probably going to migrate back to the regular ProV1x for this reason.

LEFT HANDED

Titleist TSR3 with Metaflex 5H shaft (currently testing the Proxima 6 stiff shaft)
Titleist TSR2 16.5 degree fwy with Ventus Red 7 stiff shaft
Ping G430 19 and 22 degree hybrids with Ventus Blue HB 8 stiff shaft
Srixon ZX7 mkii 5-PW with Fuji Axiom 105 stiff shafts

Titleist SM9 50F, 54D, 58T wedge with Fuji Axiom 105 stiff shafts
L.A.B. MEZZ Max putter with LAGP putter shaft

44 minutes ago, Mob said:

While my wedge shots will only run out 2-8 feet on the green, my mid and long irons will roll out much  more, and run off the green completely a few times/round.  My mid and long irons with the regular ProV1x will hold the green.  This is where the spin difference is a big negative for me.  It is a trade off.  I am probably going to migrate back to the regular ProV1x for this reason.

I went through pretty much the same process.

First it was the AVX a couple years ago. The approach shot spin thing was pretty cut and dried. Just too much run out on even short irons shots whether the greens were firm or not. 

Then early last year I really wanted to love the Left Dash. It wasn't as obviously lacking holding power but in any borderline situation with firm greens or slopes those mid and long irons just kept running into trouble. So I bailed and went back to plain old Pro V1x.

I've had Dash -ProV1x in the bag for a few weeks now.  Temperature has always determined which ball I put in play.

It annoys me when Titleist makes ball changes to meet what the Pros want, but that's reality.  I don't make ball, iron or wedge changes easily because it takes time to reacquaint myself with new equipment.  I am still getting used to 620 irons and new graphite shafts.  Still getting use to Ventus in Driver too.

In any case, before the recent Titleist balls were introduced I played ProV1, a great ball.  Lucky to have many left.  Before that I played ProV1x when it was a lower trajectory ball, kinda like ProV1 on steroids, loved that ball, maybe it was the best.  I bought a box of new ProV1x but stopped using them; spins way too much with a strong propensity to go high; both can mean distance loss for me, and I can't afford that.

I was playing a game with 3 younger guys the other day.  It's amusing to watch them feel the need to hit their drives big past my ball; after watching me smack bit longer drives over large OB areas to the middle of fairways, and they find OB or ugly rough, but I digress.... 😛  it's so fun... 🙃

During the round the other day, on 18, 435y, I hit a 230y weenie drive; the ole man was pooped.  Wind crossing, right to left, second shot had to cover a large pond 190yds, to a tight 205yd front Red pin.  I opted to pressure my LW and use 4i and hit to the narrow, undulated fairway that ran along the right side the pond, up to a raised green.  I hit it good and was elated to watch it hit and run-out around the pond, more than I expected, leaving me a little flip LW to 1' and tap in par, finish for 76.  Damn, I love this game.

Back to the point, I like Dash.  It's a winner in the wind, but reserved for warm/hot summer days.  It feels hard and clicky off driver even putter.  However, I haven't lost any distance, probably due to lower spin.  I am getting more run out with woods and all irons, but it sticks within a foot using short irons.  Last thought, Dash spins great on fast greens, but I have to be accurate.  If I miss my landing spot, short, Dash tends to stop rather quickly.  There is no noticeable sound or harshness off my soft 620 MB irons.  It flies much like ProV1, trustworthy.

• Like 1
  • TSR2 9.25° Ventus Velo TR Blue 58
  • TSR2 15° AD VF 74
  • T200 17 2i° Tensei AV Raw White Hybrid 90
  • T100 3i to 9i MMT 105
  • T100 PW, SM9 F52/12, M58/8, PX Wedge 6.0 120
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x & AVX

Played 9 holes with the Left Dash.  Thought it performed very well.  Was harder feeling off the driver, but still felt good off my irons, wedges and putter.  Only reason I decided not to switch was because it was not as good in the wind as the Bridgestone BXS that I'm using now.  The left dash was affected more by the crosswind and got held up more going into the wind and was coming up a little short.  Durability was excellent, the ball still looked new after the 9 holes.

Driver: Titleist TSi3 9*- Mitsubishi Diamana Whiteboard D+ 60 X-Stiff

Fairway Woods: Titleist TSR3 15* Mitsubishi Diamana Whiteboard D+ 70 X-Stiff

Hybrid: Titleist TSR2 18* Fujikura Motore Speeder 8.8 X-Stiff

Irons: Titleist T100(2019) 3, 5-PW KBS C-Taper 130X

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM8 50* KBS C-Taper 130X, 54* & 58* KBS 610 Wedge 125.

Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab #10 

Ball: Titleist Pro V1(2023)

12 hours ago, Drewhill44 said:

Played 9 holes with the Left Dash.  Thought it performed very well.  Was harder feeling off the driver, but still felt good off my irons, wedges and putter.  Only reason I decided not to switch was because it was not as good in the wind as the Bridgestone BXS that I'm using now.  The left dash was affected more by the crosswind and got held up more going into the wind and was coming up a little short.  Durability was excellent, the ball still looked new after the 9 holes.

The left dash uses the old dimple pattern that isn't as good in the wind.  If you like the BXS, which is a softer higher spinning ball, then you should take a look at the 2021 ProV1

• Like 1

----------------
Golf Jobs
Driver: Titleist TS3 9.5 w/ Tensei Blue 55 S
3W: Titleist 915F 15 w/ Diamana D+ 80 S
3H: Titleist 915H 21 w/ Diamana D+ 90 S
Irons: 4-GW Titleist T100 w/ Project X LZ 6.0
Wedge: Vokey SM8 54.10S TC w/ Project X LZ 6.0

Wedge: Vokey SM8 60.04L TC w/ Project X LZ 6.0
Ball: 2021 Titleist ProV1

spacer.png

Left Dash plays exactly the same as the 2015 ProV1x in my opinion.  My golf ball rankings are 1) ProV1x LD  2) 2015 ProV1x 3) 2009 B330S

Titleist TS3 9.5* Aldila Rogue Silver 110 60X
Titleist 915F 15* Aldila Rogue Silver 110 70X
Titleist 816 H2 Aldila Rogue Silver 110 85X
Titleist T100 Project X 5.5
Titleist Vokey SM8 50/54/58 Project X 5.5 Wedge
Scotty Cameron Squareback 2
Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

I was stuggling off the tee when playing this weekend, and found a left dash in the bottom of my bag.  I put it in play, and immediately starting hitting more fairways.  I don't know if it is purely mental, but the side spin off the driver seems to be less with this ball for me.  I still go back and forth between this ball, the 2021 ProV1x, and the TP5.  I am still not sure which ball I like the best, as they each have their pros and cons.

LEFT HANDED

Titleist TSR3 with Metaflex 5H shaft (currently testing the Proxima 6 stiff shaft)

I switched to the 21X in March after playing LD for the past year.  The 21X is much longer for me with the driver than the 19X.  All other things seemed similar. 

Has anyone seen much difference chipping with the 21X and the LD?  I keep hearing the LD rolls out more and doesn’t check up as much but I don’t see that

I have currently replaced my prov1 with the left dash.....its flying high and far....i picked up roughly 12 yards off the driver....and its probably not a big deal to hit a ball an exra 36 feet but when that ball flies over a trap instead of going in it, its a stroke saver......and ill be honest, the ball doesnt really roll out like i thought it would....i can manage it ok around the greens and I get a much "truer" putt as opposed to the AVX......ive been flopping in between the Prov, AVX and left dash and at this moment, I am liking the left dash.

I hit a stinger off the tee the other day and it rolled forever.....on this hole, i usually hit a 7 iron into a shallow green but on this day, i hit 9 iron....saved me 2 clubs....

still love the 2021 regualr prov1 though.....probably the best all around bal ive ever played

On 6/5/2021 at 11:51 AM, jons1 said:

The left dash uses the old dimple pattern that isn't as good in the wind.  If you like the BXS, which is a softer higher spinning ball, then you should take a look at the 2021 ProV1

thats not true at all. this ball is great in the wind and was a forward looking design......its a better ball than titleist could ever have predicted.....its great in the wind. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, RobDMB said:

From a spin perspective, how much lower spin is the Left Dash compared to the 2021 Prov1 (which i understand to spin less than 2021 Prov1X)?

I spin any ball a lot.  Dash is way lower spin and noticeably harder that ProV1.  What amazes me is how low spin is with long irons and woods, but short irons into greens and wedges its spins better.  Yesterday, I used it for 9 holes, greens were about 10.  Ball marks were nonexistent.  Hitting into the green or little pitches or chips, Dash hit and stopped, almost where it hit.  Also, on a few holes where I was playing at a tight front pin, I'd land short of the green, it released onto the green near the pin. 

That way it's working out for me - depending on conditions, either AVX or Dash.

• TSR2 15° AD VF 74
  • T100 3i to 9i MMT 105
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x & AVX

7 hours ago, tsecor said:

thats not true at all. this ball is great in the wind and was a forward looking design......its a better ball than titleist could ever have predicted.....its great in the wind. 

pretty sure it uses the previous dimple pattern.  In 2021 the ProV1 and ProV1x dimple pattern is better in the wind.  That is specifically why they changed the dimple pattern.

Edited by jons1

----------------
Golf Jobs

spacer.png

2 hours ago, jons1 said:

pretty sure it uses the previous dimple pattern.  In 2021 the ProV1 and ProV1x dimple pattern is better in the wind.  That is specifically why they changed the dimple pattern.

The seam on it is pretty gross, almost as bad as the old Taylormade balls.

TSR3 9° Tensei Black 65X
TSi2 15° ATX Green 75TX
917F 18° ATX Green 85X
ZX5 MkII 4-5 / ZX7 MkII 6-P  Modus 120X
ZipCore 50° Modus 120X

Vokey SM9 54S/60M Modus 125 Wedge
Nike Neo

ZStar

10 hours ago, jons1 said:

The left dash is already a few years old, but was designed to launch high and go very far off the driver......mission accomplished. When you compare it to other balls, the rumor of it being "bad in the wind" in false.   

what does "in the wind" mean? - are you playing in a wind storm or are you just saying the "wind" as is the atmosphere at its peak height?

The new dimple design of the prov1 is  a "New Spherically-Tiled 388 Tetrahedral Dimple Design"

The Left dash is a "Spherically-Tiled 328 Tetrahedral Dimple Design

one is a 4 piece ball and one is a 3 piece ball.

They will react differently "in the wind" due to the new Prov1 haveing 60 more dimples......but can you notice it on the course? probably not.....

in testing the left dash flies further than any ball in the lineup, including AVX, (Unique Spherically-Tiled 352 Catenary Dimple Desig) which is also a long ball but with a softer feel and lower flight and it flies further than most balls on the market.  so, i am not sure what all this means except the new prov1 has more dimples and maybe the flight is slightly different....but at the end of the day, the left dash is the longest ball in their line up regardless of wind. 

I would not be shocked to see the next generation of left dash adopt the AVX dimple pattern or something very similar

• Like 1

I have found the left dash to be the best ball to play off the tee in any kind of wind.  

If the wind is behind you and you are hitting into the green with a mid or long iron, I find it very hard to hold the green, even if I play to the front of the green.

LEFT HANDED

3 hours ago, Mob said:

If the wind is behind you and you are hitting into the green with a mid or long iron, I find it very hard to hold the green, even if I play to the front of the green.

I had my first true day of playing the LD in wind yesterday evening.  Most of the holes on my course (Cinnabar, San Jose, CA) are either into the wind or downwind.  It was easily a 2-club wind regardless of direction.

On the par 3 Mountain 6 (168 to middle of green from the tee box) I had a 9 iron land around 170 and roll off the back.  Since no one was out and I was curious about wind effect, I hit another LD with the PW and it landed around 155 and rolled up to 10 feet from the pin.  Now that I think of it I should have hit a '21 ProV1x with the PW and noted it's performance...oh well.

But Mountain 5 more rewarding - an elevated driveable par 4 with the tailwind.  Hit the first LD about pin high but pulled it left and only had a small chip over the bunker.  Decided to adjust and hit two more LD's which rolled on the green.  Boy that was fun last night!

Into the wind I had a couple of 8irons ballon just a smidge but later in the round figured out some better results thru playing the ball back a bit more with more club to flight the ball down.  Overall the LD is a good fit for my game.

• Like 1

On 6/8/2021 at 7:46 AM, tsecor said:

The left dash is already a few years old, but was designed to launch high and go very far off the driver......mission accomplished. When you compare it to other balls, the rumor of it being "bad in the wind" in false.   

what does "in the wind" mean? - are you playing in a wind storm or are you just saying the "wind" as is the atmosphere at its peak height?

The new dimple design of the prov1 is  a "New Spherically-Tiled 388 Tetrahedral Dimple Design"

The Left dash is a "Spherically-Tiled 328 Tetrahedral Dimple Design

one is a 4 piece ball and one is a 3 piece ball.

They will react differently "in the wind" due to the new Prov1 haveing 60 more dimples......but can you notice it on the course? probably not.....

in testing the left dash flies further than any ball in the lineup, including AVX, (Unique Spherically-Tiled 352 Catenary Dimple Desig) which is also a long ball but with a softer feel and lower flight and it flies further than most balls on the market.  so, i am not sure what all this means except the new prov1 has more dimples and maybe the flight is slightly different....but at the end of the day, the left dash is the longest ball in their line up regardless of wind. 

I would not be shocked to see the next generation of left dash adopt the AVX dimple pattern or something very similar

Performance in the wind, outside of other conditional factors, is related to the dimple pattern.  Titleist spent about 10 years doing r&d researching the new 2021 V/X balls and creating a new dimple pattern for no other reason than to improve the golf ball in the wind.

I've played virtually every model of the ProV1/x since the ProV1 has existed in 2000.  I am a member of Team Titleist and have had opportunities to test golf balls before release, like the 2021 ProV1, AVX before it existed, etc.  So I'm not claiming to be an expert, but I also have some general knowledge on the topic.

The Left Dash casing is what was put in the new ProV1 and ProV1x golf balls for 2021.  That technology came from the R&D of the Left Dash... so everyone has benefited from that aspect which shines in the Left Dash and why it's so long off the tee from a ball speed standpoint.

I've played the Left Dash golf ball.  It's a very long golf ball.  It has a noticeable reduction in spin.  Like any ball that has low spin, it tends to also fly a little straighter, move a little better in the wind, and helps folks that don't swing ideally to reduce their spin into a range that helps increase distance. 

This golf ball is definitely not for everyone, as there are two primary areas where someone may not enjoy it.  1, it's a pretty firm ball, and that's subjective to the golfer., 2, the reduction of spin may cause some players to have a hard time into greens.

This is speculation, but I would imagine they will eventually move all of the premium balls to use the new molds / dimple pattern used in the new 2021 V/X balls.  As it is, Left Dash is certainly an impressive ball, but again, you really should be a high spin player to use it because otherwise you'll be playing for the front edge of every green.  Even on tour, there are very few that play this version of the golf ball.

Edited by jons1
  • Thanks 1

----------------
Golf Jobs

spacer.png

13 hours ago, jons1 said:

Performance in the wind, outside of other conditional factors, is related to the dimple pattern.  Titleist spent about 10 years doing r&d researching the new balls and creating a new dimple pattern for no other reason than to improve the golf ball in the wind.

I've played virtually model of the ProV1 since the ProV1 has existed in 2000.  I am a member of Team Titleist and have had opportunities to test golf balls before release, like the 2021 ProV1, AVX before it existed, etc.  So I'm not claiming to be an expert, but I also have some general knowledge on the topic.

The Left Dash casing is what was put in the new ProV1 and ProV1x golf balls for 2021.  That technology came from the R&D of the Left Dash... so everyone has benefited from that aspect that shines in the Left Dash and why it's so long off the tee.

I've played the Left Dash golf ball.  It's a very long golf ball.  It has a noticeable reduction in spin.  Like any ball that has low spin, it tends to also fly a little straighter, and help folks that don't swing ideally to reduce their spin into a window that helps increase distance.  This golf ball is definitely not for everyone, as there are two primary areas where someone may not enjoy it.  1, it's a pretty firm ball, and that's subjective to the golfer., 2, the reduction of spin may cause some players to have a hard time into greens.

same here....i love Team Titleist and am growing to love the left dash.   My point was the dimples are the same shape on these models and when you study this shaape within the aerodynamic world, you will find this shape is optimal for reducing wind drag (in many forms of manufacturing and construction) and many golf companies have or are using the patent for this dimple shape.  Even cranes utilize this shape to reduce the wind drag that can force a crane to fall over.  We are reaching a peak for golf balls.....design is almost optimized 100% and the only area they can improve on is possibly the # of dimples and how it relates to drag and effeciency...so Titleist designs and markets their balls with this in mind.....the 3pc vs 4 pc debate is very subjective on how it relates to performance, so these companies know their only marketing focus would be on # of dimples and how it MAY effect distance and spin.......at the end of the day, most of these balls all do the same thing but with the inner core and mantle of the left dash, they found some extral length off the driver......the mid irons fly pretty much the same distance as every other ball out there.....

ok, i am starting to fall in love with the left dash the more i play it......

last night i had a match play event and ended up in the bunker on 15 and 16.....

#15 had slightly hard pan sand from the recent rain we had. The pin was ~ 12 feet from me and i had only 5 feet of green to use...the ball came out and checked up nicely givng me a 4 footer for par....

# 16, same thing but the sand was a bit better and the pin was 30 feet away with more green to work with...it came out nice, flew ~ 5 feet past the hole and stopped....it didnt roll out at all.....

i was shocked the "firm" ball reacted like this out of the bunkers... The distance i am getting off the tee is noticable and now with some shockingly good bunker spin off hard pan is really making me like this ball and it may become my main gamer.....the prov1 still feels better to me, but it left dash seems like its better than expected in and around the greens

Edited by tsecor
  • Like 2

Had DASH ProV1x in play, again, yesterday on a difficult course with carry tee shots, it's quite fun to use.  One 390yd Par 4 hole plays uphill, dog leg left, deep bunkers running along the left fairway edge, and right fairway side.  We hit from a slightly lower tee box to an elevated fairway.  I decided to see if I cut the dog again, and fly bunkers, again.  I wanted to hit the ball so hard, I put a bit of yank on it, down the left side.  Went looking for it expecting to find it in a bunker, but found it carried all the trouble to 120yd uphill leave.  Measured, the ball carried 270yds.  For a bit, I was dumfounded, pared the hole, though.  With DASH, can't be hesitant over the ball, it must be smacked, hard to realize its distance.  I finished a good round, happy. 

DASH for me has proven to be as long as AVX, only clicks at impact if I don't crush it.  No question, its fantastic at little pitches or chips around the greens, especially fast stimp greens. 

• Like 2
  • TSR2 15° AD VF 74
  • T100 3i to 9i MMT 105
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x & AVX

Played a round today switching between my usual gamer, the Snell MTB-X and the left dash. Both so long off the tee, and the left dash surprised me by spinning back on an 80 yard pitch. It has been pretty much been ending up right at it's pitch mark, but today I really put some spin on it, and it surprised me by spinning back a good 15 feet to the front fringe. Such a great ball.

Maltby TSW sand wedge

6 hours ago, gioreeko said:

Played a round today switching between my usual gamer, the Snell MTB-X and the left dash. Both so long off the tee, and the left dash surprised me by spinning back on an 80 yard pitch. It has been pretty much been ending up right at it's pitch mark, but today I really put some spin on it, and it surprised me by spinning back a good 15 feet to the front fringe. Such a great ball.

The spin separation on Left Dash has to be about as much as any ball I've ever seen. For me it played quite low spin off the irons (too low for me) while spinning as much or more as a Pro V1x on wedge shots. Pretty remarkable, really. I can see why people who like it, really, really like it. 

• Like 1

Played another round with the left dash, going on the third round with the same ball, and it still looks almost brand new. Long and straight, and it seems to just stop pretty much within a foot or so of it's pitch mark. Wouldn't you know it though, right when I thought I had a 3rd straight round with the same ball, I pull one a little left, and a bad ricochet off a tree sent it into an out of bounds area. Pulled out a new one on the 18th, flushed one down the right side of the fairway, and watched as a guy on the first hole veer over to my ball and pick it up. My playing partner and I yelled loudly, and he dropped it. As we crossed paths, I said, "first time golfing?" and he looked like a shamed dog that pooped on the carpet. So many idiots on the course these days. 

• Haha 1

Maltby TSW sand wedge

• 2 weeks later...

I can’t get over how hard and clicky it is.  Even with wedge shots it’s just too hard.  Feels like a crap range ball.  I’ll pass on it for the few yards it went further than TP5X 

imo the 21 AVX ball is much better 

Edited by IUPGolf

TM M5 9* Fuji Tour Spec 63x Mizuno ST190 15* Tensei White 7x TM M1 Hybrid 19* Fuji Atmos blue x Mizuno 919 tour 7-pw Nippon Modus 120x Mizuno MP-18 MMC Fli Hi 3-6 Nippon Modus 120x Cleveland RTX4 52,56,60 DG Tour Issue S400 Odyssey Stroke Lab R-Ball TM TP5

Its been raining here so I went to an indoor sim with a gcquad yesterday and compared the LD to the 2021 ProV1 (my current ball).  I've made some significant swing changes the last 2 years.  I used to be a high spin guy and at times a little steep.  SS is a little lower now than a year or two ago, about 108-112 with driver on the course (playing speed) but I can get it up to 118 or so if I want (spray the ball at that speed though).  I'm now a touch on the + side with the driver and my spin rates have decreased through the bag quite a bit, I tend to hit a 8-10 yard draw naturally and I hit my irons farther relative to my driver distance than many I play with (6 iron 190, driver 275-280 carry usually).  I hit balls with my 9i and 5i until I had 10 decent ones for each club and ball (didn't throw out many, wanted to keep it brief).  the monitor wasn't working so I just went off the quads readout. The results averaged out were: 

9 iron: (V1 vs LD)

Nearly identical ball speed (112.8 vs 112.6)

fraction lower launch on the left dash (V1: 20.5 vs LD 20.27)

300rpm less backspin avg (7852 vs 7560)

5% less side spin (1005 vs 954) L

5 iron: 

Ball speed (136.2 vs 136.5)

Launch (12.1 vs 11.7)

Backspin (4901 vs 4482)

Side spin (1117 vs 1114) L

I also hit some drivers, wedges, 3 woods and hybrids with both but didn't write down the results.  Sure I caught a couple with the LD with a max effort swing that went a little further than the proV1 but clearly this isn't the optimal ball for me.  IF I decided to switch to playing fades primarily then I could see this ball being more attractive but for a guy who is shallow, on plane, about PGA tour avg speed wise, and plays a draw?  NOPE.  Wedges spun a little less but not the 1k less for me that some have seen, more like 300-400rpm on a maxed out gap wedge roughly.  like I mentioned earlier when I tried to play a hard cut I noticed closer to optimal spin rates with the LD over the V1 fwiw.  On my stock driver swing my spin was about 1800 roughly vs 2100 with the V1 and both launched in the 12-13* range.  When I miss hit the driver the spin reduction was penalizing on the LD more so than the V1.  If anything this test makes me think I should be playing the Prov1x actually.  

EDIT: forgot about the feel thing.  Yeah, its firmer feeling than the V1 but it didn't bother me.  I hit Titleist 'tour practice' balls at the range regularly so i'm probably kind of used to hitting a harder ball.  Is it as satisfying as a v1 with a mizuno blade?  no, but not a deal breaker.  Around the greens might be a different story especially putting but didn't get that far. 

Edited by B_of_H

TSi3 10 @ 10.75 Ventus Black 6x 45"

TS2 15* Hzrdus smoke black 70g 6.5 43"

TS3 18* Hzrdus smoke black RDX  80g 6.5 41.5"

New Level NLU-01 22* and 25* Hzrdus smoke black rdx 100g 6.5
New Level 902-OS 6-P (KBS tour 130x) -1* weak on each

Vokey sm8 50@49/12 KBS $ taper HT 130, Sm9 54@53/10S,

58/4T KBS $ taper HT 125 or 58/8m DGx100 mid TI
L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1 35"/ 69* Press II

7 hours ago, IUPGolf said:

I can’t get over how hard and clicky it is.  Even with wedge shots it’s just too hard.  Feels like a crap range ball.  I’ll pass on it for the few yards it went further than TP5X 

imo the 21 AVX ball is much better 

This.

I can make an argument that the left dash is the perfect golf ball.  With that said, is absolutely no way I can play this thing. I have played about 5 rounds and I simply can't deal with the firmness. The driver is no problem, as well as the longer clubs, but inside 100 yards the ball has zero feedback. 

It is as if a Pinnacle Gold and a ProV 1 had a kid and named it Left Dash.

I have played a wide array of golf balls, even the X version of balls despite being firm provide some enjoyment.  The left dash is like golf ball torture.

The AVX is like poetry in terms of feedback.  And is a monster in the wind.

On 6/1/2021 at 4:45 PM, Pepperturbo said:

I like Dash.  It's a winner in the wind, but reserved for warm/hot summer days.  It feels hard and clicky off driver even putter.  However, I haven't lost any distance, probably due to lower spin.  I am getting more run out with woods and all irons, but it sticks within a foot using short irons.  Last thought, Dash spins great on fast greens, but I have to be accurate.  If I miss my landing spot, short, Dash tends to stop rather quickly.  There is no noticeable sound or harshness off my soft 620 MB irons.  It flies much like ProV1, trustworthy.

+1 This has been my experience. I get more carry and run off the driver

I now play it all the time and am getting used to the clicky feel and loud "thwack" sound off the driver

• Like 1