Tensei Orange- question and equivalent with more feel?

pioneerhockey37

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That depends on what you mean be "feel". Are you looking for something smoother feeling or something that has more of a loading sensation? Does the shaft feel too heavy or too light? Also are you talking about the Tensei CK Orange or the CK Pro Orange? The Pro Orange is designed to be very linear and "one piece" feeling. To some that feels perfect, to others that can feel lacking. The Tensei Pro White is a somewhat similar overall profile but with the stiffer butt section which can promote more of loading sensation overall without straying too far from the overall profile. Forget about counterbalance and kickpoint if you're looking for something that loads more, a vast majority of the time it is the midsection stiffness and how it relates to the butt section that people feel when talking about this.

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 10.5* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Stealth+ 16* Ventus Black 8x // Taylormade SIM Ti V2 16.5* Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8x // Srixon ZX Utility MKII 19* Nippon GOST Prototype Hybrid 10
Callaway X-Forged Single♦️  22* Nippon GOST Hybrid Tour X 
Bridgestone 
J40 DPC 4i-7i 24*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot || Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant

> @Valtiel said:

> That depends on what you mean be "feel". Are you looking for something smoother feeling or something that has more of a loading sensation? Does the shaft feel too heavy or too light? Also are you talking about the Tensei CK Orange or the CK Pro Orange? The Pro Orange is designed to be very linear and "one piece" feeling. To some that feels perfect, to others that can feel lacking. The Tensei Pro White is a somewhat similar overall profile but with the stiffer butt section which can promote more of loading sensation overall without straying too far from the overall profile. Forget about counterbalance and kickpoint if you're looking for something that loads more, a vast majority of the time it is the midsection stiffness and how it relates to the butt section that people feel when talking about this.

Think you are backwards on that.

Po is a one piece feel, very stiff handle mid and tip and is counterbalance.

PW is a stiff mid and tip but has a softer handle. This gives it a smoother feel with more “kick” feeling at impact.

Smooth feel with a slight counterbalanced, softer handle would be something like the Fuji pro 2.0 TS.

Callaway triple Diamond paradym 9*- hulk 60tx 

Callaway paradym triple diamond - hulk 70tx 

Titleist TSi3 20* hybrid Matrix Black Tie 90x 
Srixon zx7mkii 456 / ZForgedii 789P- MMT 125tx 
Cleveland RTX6 50/54/ S400 TI Onyx 
Vokey Wedgeworks 60* V-grind 
Tri-hot double wide 

> @pioneerhockey37 said:

> Looking for a similar bend profile with more feel. Does a lower kick point/non counter balance shaft promote more feel?

Tensei Pro White/Diamana DF and to an extent the Kuro Kage XD/XT is what you are after. Others in this category are the Accra TZ5, Fujikura Evolution IV 661/Pro 2.0 TS, VA Composites Raijin Black, Graphite Design XC, and UST V2.

The Weirdo 2024 Bag

Ping G430 Max 9* --- Tensei 1K Pro Orange 50 --- set to 7.5* at 45.75"

Taylormade BRNR Mini Copper 11.5* --- Diamana Thump 70 --- 44"

Titleist TSR3 16.5* --- Diamana Thump 70 --- 42.75"

Callaway Apex UW 21* --- Diamana Thump 80 --- 41" 

Mizuno ST-Max 5H & 6H --- Steelfiber i95 Private Reserve

PXG Gen 5 0311T 7-G Black --- KBS $-Taper 115 

Titleist SM10 54.12D & 58.08M Jet Black --- KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Black 125

Bettinardi Hive Custom --- Stability Black

Callaway Chrome Soft X LS Triple Track Yellow; Lamkin Sonar Midsize + grips

> @Kale_m said:

> > @Valtiel said:

> > That depends on what you mean be "feel". Are you looking for something smoother feeling or something that has more of a loading sensation? Does the shaft feel too heavy or too light? Also are you talking about the Tensei CK Orange or the CK Pro Orange? The Pro Orange is designed to be very linear and "one piece" feeling. To some that feels perfect, to others that can feel lacking. The Tensei Pro White is a somewhat similar overall profile but with the stiffer butt section which can promote more of loading sensation overall without straying too far from the overall profile. Forget about counterbalance and kickpoint if you're looking for something that loads more, a vast majority of the time it is the midsection stiffness and how it relates to the butt section that people feel when talking about this.

>

> Think you are backwards on that.

>

> Po is a one piece feel, very stiff handle mid and tip and is counterbalance.

>

> PW is a stiff mid and tip but has a softer handle. This gives it a smoother feel with more “kick” feeling at impact.

>

> Smooth feel with a slight counterbalanced, softer handle would be something like the Fuji pro 2.0 TS.

Sorry, but both Mitsubishi's EI chart and the independent fit2score measurements say that that is backwards. I've attached the comparison between the Pro White and Pro Orange below. A "one piece feel" comes from linearity in the bend profile, which by definition requires a softer butt section since the butt section itself is always the stiffest part of a shaft. Softening up the stiffest section and stiffening the softest sections is what creates that linear "one piece" sort of feel. It is also why MRC had to add Tungsten to the prepreg in the handle of the Pro Orange, because a soft butt section is normally inherently lighter than a stiffer one due to simply having less material. This is likely why the Pro White was made stiffer in the handle; to differentiate it enough from the Pro Orange.

q1fllwwcj53f.jpg

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 10.5* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Stealth+ 16* Ventus Black 8x // Taylormade SIM Ti V2 16.5* Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8x // Srixon ZX Utility MKII 19* Nippon GOST Prototype Hybrid 10
Bridgestone 

> @pioneerhockey37 said:

> Thanks for the comments.

>

> For whatever reason, when I use counter balance I lose feel of the face (happens with Superstroke with weights in as well).

>

> I am looking for the same profile as my Tensie Pro orange (believe it's a Pro) and hoping a lower kick point will increase feel of the face.

I have a Pro Orange myself and I'm playing it at 46" in my driver to achieve a D4 swingweight (which is pretty standard). So based on my experience, I would say counter-balancing is maybe more ideal for the player who wants a longer club but who wants to maintain a fairly standard swingweight. If you're looking to use a 44" or 45" club you would need to add weight to the head. If you're not up for that, the counter-balanced shaft really makes no sense because as you say, you'll only lose your sense of where the face is.

That said, you can tell if the Orange is a pro by looking at a couple things: First, all the Pro models have a designation near the tip stating that they're infused with Boron (White & Blue) or MR70 (Orange). A Pro should also have the carbon-fiber kevlar (CK) weave extending all the way up under the grip.

TSR3 (Dr) (Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-6)
TSR2 (3w / 7w) (Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-7)

zU85 (4-6) (UST Recoil)
Z-Forged (7-P) (Nippon Modus3)

SM6 50.F / 56.F / 60.S
Maltby PTM-5CS

For my M3 in order to get the swing weight up to D4 with a PO at 44.75 inches, I had to add 8g of hot melt. head weight was 204.5g

For my G410 LST to get D4 with a PO at 44.75 inches, I got the head to weigh 207g

depends on the weight of the adapter also.

• Titleist TSR3 9* Ventus Black 6X
  • Taylormade Sim2 15* Tensei White 80TX
  • TM Stealth 2 Iron or Ping i59 3 iron Project X 7.0
  • Artisan MB 4-9 Project X 7.0
  • Artisan 46*, 50* Project X 6.5
  • Artisan  55*, 60* S400
  • Artisan BlueBonnet Carbon 0217

> @pioneerhockey37 said:

> Thanks- I do have a Pro 70TX then.

>

> Going to order heavier weights from Callaway in order to try and balance out this equation. Has anyone done this or had experience in how much weight needs to be added to reach D4?

>

I would worry less about hitting a specific swingweight and just add weight until it feels right. Get some lead tape and start slapping towards the back of the club until you have a comfortable sense of the face throughout the swing. Then you can pull it off, weight it, and order an appropriate replacement weight (or ad another one!). Far FAR too many people get hung up on chasing swingweight numbers and almost every single one of them would benefit from not knowing them all together and deciding based on feel.

Bridgestone 

> @Valtiel said:

> > @pioneerhockey37 said:

> > Thanks- I do have a Pro 70TX then.

> >

> > Going to order heavier weights from Callaway in order to try and balance out this equation. Has anyone done this or had experience in how much weight needs to be added to reach D4?

> >

>

> I would worry less about hitting a specific swingweight and just add weight until it feels right. Get some lead tape and start slapping towards the back of the club until you have a comfortable sense of the face throughout the swing. Then you can pull it off, weight it, and order an appropriate replacement weight (or ad another one!). Far FAR too many people get hung up on chasing swingweight numbers and almost every single one of them would benefit from not knowing them all together and deciding based on feel.

Thank you- great plan

> @pioneerhockey37 said:

> > @Valtiel said:

> > > @pioneerhockey37 said:

> > > Thanks- I do have a Pro 70TX then.

> > >

> > > Going to order heavier weights from Callaway in order to try and balance out this equation. Has anyone done this or had experience in how much weight needs to be added to reach D4?

> > >

> >

> > I would worry less about hitting a specific swingweight and just add weight until it feels right. Get some lead tape and start slapping towards the back of the club until you have a comfortable sense of the face throughout the swing. Then you can pull it off, weight it, and order an appropriate replacement weight (or ad another one!). Far FAR too many people get hung up on chasing swingweight numbers and almost every single one of them would benefit from not knowing them all together and deciding based on feel.

>

> Thank you- great plan

No problem! You'll be happy you did it that way. You may still end up at D4, but at least it will be based on your feels and not on an arbitrary number. I did this accidentally back in 2011 and it was a game changer for me. I always lived around standard specs because I thought that was where you were "supposed" to be. Then one day I tried to replace my driver (R11) with the infinitely better looking, sounding, and feeling 910D3 only to have the R11 outperform it by far in terms of consistency and dispersion. I wanted desperately to prefer the Titleist for all the aforementioned reasons, but I could not argue with the results. I knew they felt different in terms of weight, but I wasn't super tuned into that yet. I had messed with the weights in the R11 but forgot what I had done, so I measured both (same shaft and grip) and the Titleist measured D3 while the R11 clocked in at D8! As soon as I got the weight up on the 910 it was game over, and I have been around those numbers ever since. I NEVER would have found what was best for me if I had ended up staying around supposed "normal" weights and myself and several others here on the forum preach that kind of testing. :)

Bridgestone