True linkswear

Warrick

On 10/17/2020 at 10:26 AM, howaboutme said:

Question regarding True's Zero Drop vs Transitional Drop.

I prefer to walk most of the time and am looking for shoes that will help alleviate heel pain. I've been getting what seems to be planar fasciitis-like symptoms on one of my feet after rounds. Admittedly I've been wearing cheaper version golf shoes. In doing research regarding True's, they have the zero and transitional drops. I've read that having a slight rise in the heel may be better for people with heel pain vs zero/thin soles. Has anyone had personal experience of these shoes helping w/ heel pain? I like the True's for a lot of reasons, one of which is the wide toe box as I have wide feet and the fact that it gets uniformly great reviews from walkers.

Thoughts?

I have been trying to wear minimalist shoes, strengthening my feet, and doing lots of stretches to alleviate heel pain in both feet after walking a round of golf. I'm thinking it's also Plantar Fasciitis. 

I bought 3 pairs of True shoes, figuring that they are minimalist shoes, and would keep the process going.

I can not wear True shoes. They absolutely kill my feet. Even on the rare occasions that I take a cart. 

I bought 3 different styles, and they are all the same. I love the look, love the fit, but they just don't work for me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gdb99 said:

I have been trying to wear minimalist shoes, strengthening my feet, and doing lots of stretches to alleviate heel pain in both feet after walking a round of golf. I'm thinking it's also Plantar Fasciitis. 

I bought 3 pairs of True shoes, figuring that they are minimalist shoes, and would keep the process going.

I can not wear True shoes. They absolutely kill my feet. Even on the rare occasions that I take a cart. 

I bought 3 different styles, and they are all the same. I love the look, love the fit, but they just don't work for me.

Thank you. This is interesting to hear considering the positive reviews of Trues are so widespread. For me, I don't necessarily think Trues will cure anything but are just one of the steps into figuring out overall comfort for me. Do you happen to remember which 3 you've tried?

I'm still planning on trying Trues, partly because I'm stubborn, as the next step into trying to solve my pains. I finally have premium socks and I've noticed a difference. But I didn't expect them to cure anything at all. I'm hoping that Trues will work out and if they don't, I am planning to look at insoles as the final step.

15 minutes ago, howaboutme said:

Thank you. This is interesting to hear considering the positive reviews of Trues are so widespread. For me, I don't necessarily think Trues will cure anything but are just one of the steps into figuring out overall comfort for me. Do you happen to remember which 3 you've tried?

I'm still planning on trying Trues, partly because I'm stubborn, as the next step into trying to solve my pains. I finally have premium socks and I've noticed a difference. But I didn't expect them to cure anything at all. I'm hoping that Trues will work out and if they don't, I am planning to look at insoles as the final step.

I have TL-01, OG Feel, and the ECO Knit

• Like 1

LOVE my TL-01

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 8*, Tensei AV White 75g
Irons: TaylorMade P790, 5-PW; Mitsubishi MMT 110g
Hybrids: Ping G425 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1, Polar BGT shaft   
Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite Midnight
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B X yellow, Callaway Chrome Soft X LS

11 hours ago, gdb99 said:

I have TL-01, OG Feel, and the ECO Knit

Thanks. Interesting, none of those are the one's I'm looking at as I've heard issues here and there about them. Perhaps the correlation with the casualness, flexibility of them. I'm looking at either the OG, Major or Lux Pro (Lux Knit being the a last option). All things equal, I'm looking at max cushion, thicker insole as the drivers.

• Like 1

The OGs have almost no cushion, so I wouldn't look at those if you have issues. Thats kind of the whole selling point, having your feet being in better contact with the ground. For me like on my trip to Bandon, the hard turf was absolutely murder on my feet when I wore the OGs.

I think True makes great shoes but if you are already suffering from foot pain, its just not something I would recommend.

Edited by dcmidnight
  • Like 2

RIP TM Stealth2 10.5*  Welcome back OG SIM 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 / Kaili Red 75s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TM P7MC 5-7 / P7MB 8-P // PXG Gen6 XP
Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom / TM Spider // Left Dash

On 10/22/2020 at 8:39 AM, bhj83 said:

Anyone else order the newly released Knit II today? I went ahead and picked up a pair. Got on chat with them and asked which size I should order since the Slip On and Lux Pro fit differently and he told me I should be good with 9 (my usual size) since they don't fit as tight as the Lux Pro (I had to exchange my 9 for a 9.5). Also, just in case it's not well known you can use code WALK10 for 10% off. $125.10 out the door for my pair today. 

Just found the knits in Canada. Going to give them a try! After all... Can’t go wrong for almost $50 USD! I had to email them to get a price for shipping. But even after shipping it was only $70 USD here!

https://www.riversidegolf.ca/?product_cat=&s=true+knit&post_type=product

Edited by Waynerzz123

fwiw, i recently bought a pair of Ecco Biom Hybrid 3. I too, like some of you, have a slight case of plantar fasciitis. I can tell you, without a shadow of doubt, the Ecco's helped alleviate the pain esp after the round - (pain usually comes after the round for plantar sufferers). 

Along with my new Ecco's i also started using aftermarket insoles with high archs. (ive never used insole in my golf shoe till now). So i guess you can say the insole helped too. But the combination of Ecco's and proper insoles, the pain is no longer there. Maybe slight discomfort but i pegged that as foot being tired after walking 18.  It no longer a sharp pain like before. 

Maybe give some insoles a try esp if you have high arch. 

• Like 2
TS3 9.5 / TSi2 15 / Z785 / SM7

• 1 month later...

Did anyone else pick up the Mystery Box they had for $149? I did and received a pair of brown TL-01 and black Eco Knits along with the $25 gift card. VERY happy as I've honestly wanted both of those shoes but didn't want to shell out $250!

Callaway Paradym 9*
TaylorMade SiM Max Rocket 14*

Srixon ZX 2 hybrid 16* and 4 hybrid 22*
Srixon ZX7 MKII 5-PW
Cleveland RTX ZipCore6 50, 54, 58
Evnroll EV5.1 with Stability Tour Black
Titleist ProV1X
Bushnell Pro XE Rangefinder | Garmin Approach S70 Watch

46 minutes ago, bhj83 said:

Did anyone else pick up the Mystery Box they had for $149? I did and received a pair of brown TL-01 and black Eco Knits along with the $25 gift card. VERY happy as I've honestly wanted both of those shoes but didn't want to shell out $250!

I got the black eco knits, the gray eco knits, golf towel (which is very nice), and a $50 gift card.  A great deal.

On 12/2/2020 at 7:48 PM, bhj83 said:

i got a pair of the TL-01 in the night camo, a blue pair of eco-knits and a $50 gift card

• Like 2

My Knits (1.0 / first edition) are pretty much at the end of their life. Had a great two year run with a mix of a lot of golf and casual wear. I'm looking to pick up either the Knit 2.0 or the Lux Knits. I'm kind of leaning the Lux Knits since they are waterproof and I can wear them for early dewy rounds, too. However, I'm curious how breathable they really are since they are supposed to be waterproof. Any one have the Lux Knits that can chime in on them? Specifically, the breathability. These would be mostly for golf this time around, maybe some light casual wear. A comparison between them and the Knit 1.0 or even the newer Knit 2.0 would be great!

Edited by cflo2382

• 1 month later...

Picked up a pair of both the Lux Pro and Lux Knit over the summer.  Finally have enough rounds in them to give a proper review, and I'm now very happy with them.  I say now, because it took my heels a few rounds in each to get used to them.  I tried carrying my own bag with them the first few times out, and had the blisters to prove it.  Was in a near panic, because they are great looking and are, otherwise, super comfortable with great traction.  Can wear them anytime, now, so all's well that ends well.  Love that they're waterproof, but they look so good, I avoid swampy areas/standing water at all costs.  Don't think I'd wear them in sloppy conditions, just to avoid messing them up.

Srixon Zx5 MKII 9.5* Ventus Blue 6 or Lin-Q Gunmetal 6

Tour Edge Exotics E723 15* Ventus Blue 6

Tour Edge Exotics E722 18* Ventus Blue 6

Cobra King Tec 4 Utility MMT 80
PXG 0311P Gen2 5-PW MMT 80

Ping Glide 4.0 50* SS, 54* WS KBS Tour
Callaway MD PM Grind Raw 58* KBS Tour
Toulon Garage Le Mans 
Titleist AVX/ProVI

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 2/7/2022 at 3:34 PM, hwturner17 said:

Can someone give an update on their newest offerings? The cycle of what was good and bad is a little overwhelming. Anyone tried the OG 1.2?

Not tried that shoe, but bought 2 pair ok knit2, a pair of Sport Lux, and the lux knit dead golfer this season, like all a lot, the new Ripstop is on the way

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T100s 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

1 hour ago, Warrick said:

Not tried that shoe, but bought 2 pair ok knit2, a pair of Sport Lux, and the lux knit dead golfer this season, like all a lot, the new Ripstop is on the way

How are the sport lux? I got a pair of lux knit, but I’m exchanging them because they just don’t fit right. I was thinking the sport might be a better option. 

40 minutes ago, Dvabe1541 said:

How are the sport lux? I got a pair of lux knit, but I’m exchanging them because they just don’t fit right. I was thinking the sport might be a better option. 

I like them, has more of a collar like knit2, but waterproof, flexible and light. I have the light grey, go with anything.

• Like 2

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

T100s 6-G PX LZ
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

17 minutes ago, Dvabe1541 said:

Happy to hear that! I loved my eco knits, but couldn’t get the lux knits to work. Looking forward to trying out the sports!

If you don't need waterproof the Knit II are the most comfortable shoes I have from TRUE. I am considering getting the new Ripstop but already have a pair Knit II, a pair of Lux Pro (my favorite waterproof style), a pair of TL-01, a pair of Eco Knit and 2 pair of Lux Knits. I really do love that the Lux Knits are waterproof in that style of shoe but they're not the most comfortable. 

Callaway Paradym 9*
TaylorMade SiM Max Rocket 14*

Srixon ZX 2 hybrid 16* and 4 hybrid 22*
Srixon ZX7 MKII 5-PW
Cleveland RTX ZipCore6 50, 54, 58
Evnroll EV5.1 with Stability Tour Black
Titleist ProV1X
Bushnell Pro XE Rangefinder | Garmin Approach S70 Watch

• 3 months later...
On 2/9/2022 at 1:25 PM, Dvabe1541 said:

Happy to hear that! I loved my eco knits, but couldn’t get the lux knits to work. Looking forward to trying out the sports!

I also dislike my lux knits. Doesn’t feel right is a great way to put it. 

the upper is stiff even after a lot of wear now, kinda creases in the wrong areas so the creases feel uncomfortable. 

the heel doesn’t really conform around my heel properly either - it doesn’t slip but it feels like the contour is too low. 

the balance of the lower/underfoot and the upper is off. 

all around doesn’t feel good and I do not like the upper material at all. It’s more like a tarp than anything. 

I have owned originals and TL01. I’d be willing to try the Pro’s if the material difference made the balance and fit feel different. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/4/2022 at 4:23 AM, fjk said:

I also dislike my lux knits. Doesn’t feel right is a great way to put it. 

the upper is stiff even after a lot of wear now, kinda creases in the wrong areas so the creases feel uncomfortable. 

the heel doesn’t really conform around my heel properly either - it doesn’t slip but it feels like the contour is too low. 

the balance of the lower/underfoot and the upper is off. 

all around doesn’t feel good and I do not like the upper material at all. It’s more like a tarp than anything. 

I have owned originals and TL01. I’d be willing to try the Pro’s if the material difference made the balance and fit feel different. 

Lux sport is a more comfortable waterproof. The Lux knit are fine for me, bet get what others are saying about the feel.

I played in a BB yesterday in spotty rain, was already wet, the sport Lux were awesome, surprised how well the concrete color cleaned up, these are great shoes, ordered the new black cloud color when I got home.

E4245081-CEDA-4C45-9B32-DDBBE9326AC7.jpeg

• Like 1

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

T100s 6-G PX LZ
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

4 hours ago, Warrick said:

Lux sport is a more comfortable waterproof. The Lux knit are fine for me, bet get what others are saying about the feel.

I played in a BB yesterday in spotty rain, was already wet, the sport Lux were awesome, surprised how well the concrete color cleaned up, these are great shoes, ordered the new black cloud color when I got home.

E4245081-CEDA-4C45-9B32-DDBBE9326AC7.jpeg

I actually got some Knit 2’s to try, and they are a bit more comfortable. 

I also realize I’m between sizes - 10.5 feel good on the upper (and the lux knit had less of a creasing issue in the wrong spots) but don’t fit underfoot. 11 fits underfoot but the upper doesn’t quite fit, a little loose and crease in funny spots.