New callaway driver “mavrik” (Pics added Page 8)

> @mackepa said:

> > @getitdaily said:

> > Talked to someone today about this driver. He said callaway tested a bunch of mavrik heads and every single one of them was non conforming. He said he did a fitting with someone who had 105 clubhead speed and the mavrik produced 172 ballspeed. He got to play it (he's signed with callaway) and he said it was stupid long....but non conforming. Callaway is having to slow them down before full release.

>

> If this was true it didn't happen recently. Maybe it happened more during the prototype stage but at this point they've already started on some level of production and reps already have some of their sales pieces. There is no way in **** that Callaway has truckloads of drivers that are nonconforming by that amount this close to release.

I was told they had to change the titanium used because of breakage. That could be what he is referring to.

Driver: Titleist TSi3 Ventus blue 7X

3 wood: Titleist Tsi3 16.5 Haz RDX black 70 X flex

& Wood: Titleist TSi2 Ventus Red 9X
Taylormade Gapr low 2 ventus blue 9x
4-PW Cobra king forged CB KBS $ Taper 130 X flex
Wedges 50, 54, 60 Cleveland ZIPCORE
PUTTER; Kronos release long neck
BALL; Bridgestone BX, OR Taylomade TP5x PIX

• Replies 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

> @getitdaily said: > Talked to someone today about this driver. He said callaway tested a bunch of mavrik heads and every single one of them was non conforming. He said he did a fitting with s

Looks nice to me. Everyone panned the Epic Flash color scheme and said the M5 looked like a Walmart driver, it basically happens with every release that isn't a classic Titleist-esque driver and its p

> @cnnmaverick said: > Quigley not to throw shade here but it looks to me like you're trying to get your post count up... Above anything else. > > IF you hit it (and don't have pics, s

> @Titletown said:

> callaway really does come up with the dumbest names

Rogue -> Mavrik -> Renegade -> Outlaw -> Hooligan (featuring Face Punch™ technology).

• Like 2

Taylormade SIM 10.5* Diamana X'17 70TX 
Taylormade SIM Ti V2 15* Kuro Kage XD 80TX || Taylormade SIM Ti Tour Issue 16* Kuro Kage 80XTS
Taylormade SIM Max 18.5* Tensei Pro White 90TX || Taylormade M5 19* Tensei Pro Orange 90TX
Taylormade GAPR Lo 3 18.5* Kuro Kage 100XTS Hybrid
Taylormade RSI UDI 20* Project X PXi 7.0
Bridgestone J40 DPC 4i-7i 23*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey Mild Raw 8620 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot || Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Pro Platinum

> Will this replace the epic flash line? I want a new 7 wood and almost bought the epic flash but I am holding out to see if these compare. Does it have jailbreak?

I think Callaway's strategy is pretty clear now. They release the Premium fully adjustible "Epic" range every other year and in between they release a more affordable and less adjustable "Rogue" range. As such the Epic Flash will continue too be sold as the fully adjustable premium product alongside the new "Rogue" range. Then in 2021 we will get a new "Epic" range. Epic Flash fairway woods are exceptional, if you like it and your getting good results with it I would buy it now and enjoy it rather than wait.

> @Ize said:

> I see the new super hybrid is up on callaways site already

I did not get a chance to look at those. I have not been a hybrid guy for a long time. But the power of a fairway wood in a hybrid... has my interest.

> @Rig14Port said:

> Can anyone confirm the colorway for the new woods line? Saw the super hybrid is orange... hoping the woods wont follow suit.

It 100% will.

> @RichardGUSA1 said:

>

> > Will this replace the epic flash line? I want a new 7 wood and almost bought the epic flash but I am holding out to see if these compare. Does it have jailbreak?

>

> I think Callaway's strategy is pretty clear now. They release the Premium fully adjustible "Epic" range every other year and in between they release a more affordable and less adjustable "Rogue" range. As such the Epic Flash will continue too be sold as the fully adjustable premium product alongside the new "Rogue" range. Then in 2021 we will get a new "Epic" range. Epic Flash fairway woods are exceptional, if you like it and your getting good results with it I would buy it now and enjoy it rather than wait.

>

I’m betting even though the epic flash will be around and available for purchase the amount of stock stores or at least the non big box stores jeep of it will be minimal and the push will be for the mavrik. It happens with epic when rogue came and with rogue when epic flash came

> @GoGoErky said:

> > @RichardGUSA1 said:

> >

> > > Will this replace the epic flash line? I want a new 7 wood and almost bought the epic flash but I am holding out to see if these compare. Does it have jailbreak?

> >

> > I think Callaway's strategy is pretty clear now. They release the Premium fully adjustible "Epic" range every other year and in between they release a more affordable and less adjustable "Rogue" range. As such the Epic Flash will continue too be sold as the fully adjustable premium product alongside the new "Rogue" range. Then in 2021 we will get a new "Epic" range. Epic Flash fairway woods are exceptional, if you like it and your getting good results with it I would buy it now and enjoy it rather than wait.

> >

>

> I’m betting even though the epic flash will be around and available for purchase the amount of stock stores or at least the non big box stores jeep of it will be minimal and the push will be for the mavrik. It happens with epic when rogue came and with rogue when epic flash came

exactly.

> @QuigleyDU said:

> > @GoGoErky said:

> > > @RichardGUSA1 said:

> > >

> > > > Will this replace the epic flash line? I want a new 7 wood and almost bought the epic flash but I am holding out to see if these compare. Does it have jailbreak?

> > >

> > > I think Callaway's strategy is pretty clear now. They release the Premium fully adjustible "Epic" range every other year and in between they release a more affordable and less adjustable "Rogue" range. As such the Epic Flash will continue too be sold as the fully adjustable premium product alongside the new "Rogue" range. Then in 2021 we will get a new "Epic" range. Epic Flash fairway woods are exceptional, if you like it and your getting good results with it I would buy it now and enjoy it rather than wait.

> > >

> >

> > I’m betting even though the epic flash will be around and available for purchase the amount of stock stores or at least the non big box stores jeep of it will be minimal and the push will be for the mavrik. It happens with epic when rogue came and with rogue when epic flash came

>

> exactly.

And the strategy seems to be working for the most part. Not for our shop ironically. We sell a good amount of Callaway, but definitely not as much as the other OEMs.

G410 9 Degree - Accra FX 2.0

G410 5, 7 & 9 Woods - Accra FX 2.0

G710 4-UW - Accra 70i

Glide 3.0 54ES, 58WS Accra 70i

PING Bruzer

PING Vault 2.0 Ketsch & Craz-E **Backups**

(My son is waiting patiently for the G425 woods so he can take my old ones!)

> @getitdaily said:

> Talked to someone today about this driver. He said callaway tested a bunch of mavrik heads and every single one of them was non conforming. He said he did a fitting with someone who had 105 clubhead speed and the mavrik produced 172 ballspeed. He got to play it (he's signed with callaway) and he said it was stupid long....but non conforming. Callaway is having to slow them down before full release.

Was just doing the math on this one and the Mavrik your friend was hitting is producing a smash factor of 1.64, this would enable a player with 100 mph swing to hit 164mph ball speed which is just a few mph short of PGA tour average. A player with 90mph swing speed would be able to hit 147mph ball speed, which under optimal conditions would roll out to 280 + yards. These numbers are just insane Not sure if this is even possible because the illegal hi-cor drivers available today in Japan only give you about 2-3mph of ball speed max and your friends testing is showing a gain of 15mph and 25 yards of carry.

*Update, on paper this is possible, the driver would have a COR of .970

Well. The Super Hybrid doesn't look too bad.

BUT. I was under the impression it was a bonded club?

Callaway Speed 9° Velcore Blue 6X
Callaway Apex 2H Speeder 904X
Callaway Apex 4H Speeder 904X
Miura CB301 4-5 iCWT Proto 105X
Miura CB1008 6-9 iCWT Proto 105X
 Miura HG 4606 iCWT Proto 105X
Miura HG 5210 iCWT Proto 105X
Miura HG 5810 iCWT Proto 105X
Miura HB 6416 iCWT Proto 105X
Garage Palm Beach Stability 1.0X

> @3wood said:

> So I got to see the new drivers and irons. The bottom looks cheap af. Reminds me of powerbilt club from Walmart

Interested to see it, you always hear that it is their best line yet and so far they haven’t disappointed

Titleist TS3 9.5 with HZRDUS Smoke 60 6.5
Titleist 917 F3 15 with Evenflow 75 6.0
Titleist 818H2 19* with Speed TS 8.8S
Callaway Apex MB 4-P with PX 6.0
Titleist SM7 50 54 58 with PX LZ 6.0
Scotty Cameron Newport 2

> @KJD777 said:

> > @3wood said:

> > So I got to see the new drivers and irons. The bottom looks cheap af. Reminds me of powerbilt club from Walmart

> Interested to see it, you always hear that it is their best line yet and so far they haven’t disappointed

>

If they perform it’s all good. The bottom just looked cheap and will be $30 cheaper than the flash

Retail is $650 Canadian, so they dropped it by $50 up here. They are also coming out with ERC Odyssey putters. 3 Hybrid lines. Super hybrid is the pro version. 3 heads for the Mavrik - SZ, Normal, and MAX (which is draw bias). All are burnt orange. Saw one with the GBB Alpha color scheme that you can get for $75 more through callaways custom option...they shoulda went with that color vs the burnt orange.