Tour Edge Xrail 5h 26* Graphite Design G-Series Reg

Ping G425 6-UW Alta Slate Reg

Ping Glide 4.0 56* WS Nippon Z-115

Cleveland CBX Full Face 2 60* DG Spinner

Cleveland Smart Sole C 4.0 

Ping 2023 Anser D

Handicap: 8.2

> @GoGoErky said:

> My guess is the current triple track ball (has higher compression than the current cs/csx becomes the new cs/csx and they keep the same compression in triple track

That is correct. The current triple track will become the standard CSX ball.

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

• 4 weeks later...

> @Morry said:

> SO that's it? no fancy new tech, cover, dimples? nothing

> just roll a under-the-cover refresh out from 2019 as the new 2020 CS Launch???

> find it hard to believe

>

I tend to agree. After the bashing Callaway took in the golf ball test, I would expect something new tech-wise or a new material inclusion on top of better QC measures to regain credibility with golfers like us on WRX. I tried the CSx TT and I quite liked it. Compared to Pro V1, it was no slouch in any area. I’m just not sold on how TT looks on the ball. It helps on putts however the regular label works well enough too.

Ping G430 Max 10K 10.5° driver - Diamana GT 60S

Ping G430 Max 15° #3 fairway - Diamana TB 70S

Ping G430 Max 21° #7 fairway - Diamana TB 80S

Ping G430 Max 26° #5 hybrid - MMTh 90S

Mizuno Pro 243 4-PW irons - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 48°-10S wedge - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 54°-10S and 60°-06X wedges - MMT Scoring Wedge 105S

Ping PLD Ally Blue 4

Titleist Pro V1x

> @Morry said:

> SO that's it? no fancy new tech, cover, dimples? nothing

> just roll a under-the-cover refresh out from 2019 as the new 2020 CS Launch???

> find it hard to believe

>

They are using the triple track ball as the new cs/csx. Triple track is higher compression compared to the current cs/csx. Reports are the triple track ball is what the tour staff is currently using except without the triple track lines for some of them.

With the money they are dumping into the ball factory it’s probably not wise to try and design a new ball and much easier to just make all balls the same compression by using the TT design

> @erock9174 said:

> Yup. Called the CS Off Core

This.

I was the most loyal customer Callaway ever had, at least in terms of golf balls. I had used the CS since it came out, and before that was using the Hex Chrome and others all the way back to the Rule 25 Blue. But I'll never buy another Callaway product after finding out that I was paying premium prices for a ball that was short, crooked, and didn't spin much. I'm pissed at ME first and foremost, but Callaway won't get anymore of my money no matter what they come out with next.

> @bluedot said:

> > @erock9174 said:

> > Yup. Called the CS Off Core

>

> This.

>

> I was the most loyal customer Callaway ever had, at least in terms of golf balls. I had used the CS since it came out, and before that was using the Hex Chrome and others all the way back to the Rule 25 Blue. But I'll never buy another Callaway product after finding out that I was paying premium prices for a ball that was short, crooked, and didn't spin much. I'm pissed at ME first and foremost, but Callaway won't get anymore of my money no matter what they come out with next.

The ball was Rule 35 not 25. If you believe Callaway is the only ball company that has QC issues than get into consumers’ hands, you are kidding yourself. It happens. The ball test that was alluded with the “offcore” comment did no favours for Callaway however Callaway committed to fixing their QC issues. Maybe you should take a look at the Today’s Golfer UK ball test. I think it is a more thorough test or fair test. Watch the YouTube video and read the write up on their site. Or look at TXG’s take on the CSx vs MTB Black. It may not change your stance however I think it’s fair to say Callaway makes a competitive ball. And I’m not sure it’s fair to put the blame on the ball for being “short, crooked, and didn’t spin much”.

https://www.todaysgolfer.co.uk/features/equipment-features/2019/september/robot-tested-which-golf-bal-suits-my-game/

• Like 1

Ping PLD Ally Blue 4

Titleist Pro V1x

> @noodle3872 said:

> > @bluedot said:

> > > @erock9174 said:

> > > Yup. Called the CS Off Core

> >

> > This.

> >

> > I was the most loyal customer Callaway ever had, at least in terms of golf balls. I had used the CS since it came out, and before that was using the Hex Chrome and others all the way back to the Rule 25 Blue. But I'll never buy another Callaway product after finding out that I was paying premium prices for a ball that was short, crooked, and didn't spin much. I'm pissed at ME first and foremost, but Callaway won't get anymore of my money no matter what they come out with next.

>

> The ball was Rule 35 not 25. If you believe Callaway is the only ball company that has QC issues than get into consumers’ hands, you are kidding yourself. It happens. The ball test that was alluded with the “offcore” comment did no favours for Callaway however Callaway committed to fixing their QC issues. Maybe you should take a look at the Today’s Golfer UK ball test. I think it is a more thorough test or fair test. Watch the YouTube video and read the write up on their site. Or look at TXG’s take on the CSx vs MTB Black. It may not change your stance however I think it’s fair to say Callaway makes a competitive ball. And I’m not sure it’s fair to put the blame on the ball for being “short, crooked, and didn’t spin much”.

>

> https://www.todaysgolfer.co.uk/features/equipment-features/2019/september/robot-tested-which-golf-bal-suits-my-game/

>

>

>

With all due respect, the Today's Golfer testing is EXACTLY what really put me over the top on getting rid of the Chrome Soft. Of ALL of the balls tested, the CS was the third shortest, had the third worst dispersion off the tee, and the 5th lowest spin off a wedge. And you can generalize and say that in every case, the balls ranked below the CS in each category were less expensive as well.

So I think "short, crooked, and didn't spin much" is a fair criticism of that ball, especially in view of the premium price that Callaway charges for the CS.

I blame only myself for being so loyal to Callaway for so long. But no more. I'm glad that they are spending $50 million to address the off-center core issues, but I wouldn't have minded if some of that money had been set aside to refund money to loyal customers who had purchased the CS in good faith. Costco did it; Callaway didn't.

• Like 1

> @bluedot said:

> > @noodle3872 said:

> > > @bluedot said:

> > > > @erock9174 said:

> > > > Yup. Called the CS Off Core

> > >

> > > This.

> > >

> > > I was the most loyal customer Callaway ever had, at least in terms of golf balls. I had used the CS since it came out, and before that was using the Hex Chrome and others all the way back to the Rule 25 Blue. But I'll never buy another Callaway product after finding out that I was paying premium prices for a ball that was short, crooked, and didn't spin much. I'm pissed at ME first and foremost, but Callaway won't get anymore of my money no matter what they come out with next.

> >

> > The ball was Rule 35 not 25. If you believe Callaway is the only ball company that has QC issues than get into consumers’ hands, you are kidding yourself. It happens. The ball test that was alluded with the “offcore” comment did no favours for Callaway however Callaway committed to fixing their QC issues. Maybe you should take a look at the Today’s Golfer UK ball test. I think it is a more thorough test or fair test. Watch the YouTube video and read the write up on their site. Or look at TXG’s take on the CSx vs MTB Black. It may not change your stance however I think it’s fair to say Callaway makes a competitive ball. And I’m not sure it’s fair to put the blame on the ball for being “short, crooked, and didn’t spin much”.

> >

> > https://www.todaysgolfer.co.uk/features/equipment-features/2019/september/robot-tested-which-golf-bal-suits-my-game/

> >

> >

> >

>

> With all due respect, the Today's Golfer testing is EXACTLY what really put me over the top on getting rid of the Chrome Soft. Of ALL of the balls tested, the CS was the third shortest, had the third worst dispersion off the tee, and the 5th lowest spin off a wedge. And you can generalize and say that in every case, the balls ranked below the CS in each category were less expensive as well.

>

> So I think "short, crooked, and didn't spin much" is a fair criticism of that ball, especially in view of the premium price that Callaway charges for the CS.

>

> I blame only myself for being so loyal to Callaway for so long. But no more. I'm glad that they are spending $50 million to address the off-center core issues, but I wouldn't have minded if some of that money had been set aside to refund money to loyal customers who had purchased the CS in good faith. Costco did it; Callaway didn't.

FYI, MyGolf$py reported that Callaway claimed that they were investing $50 mil on ball manufacturing, but there was no detail on timeframe or the focus. Highly doubtful that the full amount will be allocated for QA improvements.

If people are worried about potentially off centered cores, the easiest thing to do is stay away from dual core designs from all OEMs since these have a much higher chance of an off centered layer impacting the weight distribution of the ball.

Titleist has X-rayed their balls to ensure centered cores since like the 1930s or something... and still do.

Part of their price is likely the balls that get tossed for being off centered... but you won’t be buying anything off-centered from them!

The virtually no dispersion on the today’s golfer wedge test speaks to this is my thought.

You get what you pay for I guess.

Titleist TSR3 - 9* - Ventus TR Black 6x

Callaway Rogue LS - 15* - Tour ADXC 7x

Callaway Apex UW - 19* - Ventus Black 7x

PXG 0311P Gen6 - 5i-GW - DG x100

Vokey SM9 - 52.12F, 56.14F - KBS Tour 120 Wedge

Vokey SM9 - 60.08M - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0

L.A.B Link.1
Callaway Chrome Soft TruTrack (Winter)
Vessel Player III - Citrine/White/Black (Riding)
Vessel VLS DXR - Grey/Orange (Walking/half-bag)

> @Mahamilto said:

> Titleist has X-rayed their balls to ensure centered cores since like the 1930s or something... and still do.

>

> Part of their price is likely the balls that get tossed for being off centered... but you won’t be buying anything off-centered from them!

>

> The virtually no dispersion on the today’s golfer wedge test speaks to this is my thought.

>

> You get what you pay for I guess.

Titleist only checks a small sample for each batch, sample fails = entire batch gets x-out stamp. There is no way they could keep up with the volume if they checked every ball off the line with an X-ray not to mention the added labor cost.

• Like 1

According to the titleist website, they have "performed x-ray on every ball beginning in 1935, and we still do it to this day to insure quality".

As someone in the radiology field, the cost would be in having the x-ray machine. Having the x-ray performed and read (easily by a computer for something so simple as a concentric circular arrangement) would add almost nothing in time or cost as the balls come off the line. It would be 100% automated and take maybe 0.5s per ball

But maybe you have some insider info. Either way, they are doing more to check for quality control issues than others... that much is certain.

Titleist TSR3 - 9* - Ventus TR Black 6x

Callaway Rogue LS - 15* - Tour ADXC 7x

Callaway Apex UW - 19* - Ventus Black 7x

PXG 0311P Gen6 - 5i-GW - DG x100

Vokey SM9 - 52.12F, 56.14F - KBS Tour 120 Wedge

Vokey SM9 - 60.08M - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0

L.A.B Link.1
Callaway Chrome Soft TruTrack (Winter)
Vessel Player III - Citrine/White/Black (Riding)
Vessel VLS DXR - Grey/Orange (Walking/half-bag)

> @Mahamilto said:

> According to the titleist website, they have "performed x-ray on every ball beginning in 1935, and we still do it to this day to insure quality".

>

> As someone in the radiology field, the cost would be in having the x-ray machine. Having the x-ray performed and read (easily by a computer for something so simple as a concentric circular arrangement) would add almost nothing in time or cost as the balls come off the line. It would be 100% automated and take maybe 0.5s per ball

>

> But maybe you have some insider info. Either way, they are doing more to check for quality control issues than others... that much is certain.

Yes, and the Titleist dispersion rankings vs. Callaway in the testing show that their quality control, whatever it is, works.

• 1 month later...

So we're to understand that the Triple Track CSX that came to retail is a different ball than the other retail versions? If so, what is different? Source this is attributed to?

OEM Certified Master Fitter

"Never forget that the luxury of being
wrong is not enough to make you right."
WITB Link

As a relative newcomer to the golfing world (4 years + a few months), it didn't take me long to determine that the Chrome Soft just did not perform. It was one of the first balls that I purchased, you know, "the ball that changed the ball". Yea right, they changed it into the ball that fooled their customers. I'm a loyal Callaway fan, but when it came to their golf balls, they just don't impress me. I've tried most of the higher end ones and not one performed any better than some of the other higher end balls that I compared them to. And it wasn't just distance... dispersion and spin were big factors for me.

Currently, I'm playing the Srixon Z Star and it's working in every facet of the game for me. My 2nd choice would definitely be Snell, which I played for a couple years.

Ive used the new CS, its a great ball, looks like the ERC Soft as far as graphics layout goes, but more importantly it performs like a Pro V or TP5... which is about time, i will definitely buy a few boxes when released., great ball from Cally.

i think Cally ball users are going to be impressed with this, now have to figure out what to do with all the old "FULL" CS boxes i have as it blows these out the water...

I just hope the ball is available without Triple Track.

Ping PLD Ally Blue 4

Titleist Pro V1x

I don’t remember a black box for Chrome Soft so I wonder if this is the new CSx ball packaging.

ZHU8X3IRA5RJ.jpeg

• Like 1

Ping PLD Ally Blue 4

Titleist Pro V1x