Any info on the Scotty Cameron Select 2020 line?

> @Redjeep83 said:

> > @collindm1 said:

> > > @memphishorn said:

> > > I may be in the minority on the wrap under insert but I just bought the current Newport Select this summer and I love the feel of it and am putting better than with my old Newport Classic.

> > >

> > > This comes from a guy has always hated inserts and just quit gaming a 23 year old carbon steel putter.

> >

> > absolutely NOTHING wrong with the inserts. I game a 2015 Newport, but would game a 2016-2018 in a heartbeat. People are conflict junkies and they need something to complain about - the new putters are still good quality and his next putters will be good too.

>

> You don’t really see the tour players using them or a Scotty with the same insert, that’s part of problem.

>

We golfers are such suckers. And I include myself in the group. :)

Titleist TS2
Titleist 917 F2 3 wood
Ping Anser 20,
Wilson V6's  3-GW
Ping Glide
58*ES

Bettinardi Queen B 6

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think this is still safe in my bag. Amazing how many people ask me if this is a Tour Scotty.

> @MattM97 said:

> > @Breaking_Baddeley said:

> > > @kved said:

> > > > @Breaking_Baddeley said:

> > > > > Unfortunately not yet. I am a Titleist Staff Player, and have been told that next year's Select line will no longer have any inserts. It's likely all that I will find out until the PGA Show in January.

> > > >

> > > > Thank Goodness!!! Unfortunately, I am a lefty and only have two choices (Del Mar or Newport 2), neither of which I really care for. Scotty Cameron really needs to expand their line to the left handed market and offer at least one more traditional putter to us lefties. I would love to play a newport or newport 1.5, but neither are being offered left handed according to the photo on the previous page.

> > >

> > > I'd kill for an updated Newport or Fastback version in LH. The Del Mar is so hideous and I don't think I ever see anyone (LH or RH) every playing that model/version on any brand. So frustrating

> >

> > Yeah I definitely prefer the regular Newport to the Newport 2 and would also like a Fastback option. I can't believe Scotty Cameron hasn't offered the left handed community an option for a putter with a flow neck in over a decade especially when flow necks are so popular these days!!!

>

> The reason for that is because we're (lefties) are an afterthought to him and many other companies.

>

> Funny thing with the Fastback is that it wouldn't be hard to make it a LH version but that's too easy.

Wait a second, the iconic SC fastback that has been proven and running for 10 plus years aren't offered for lefty's?

that's crazy..

and yall missing out.

> @TIM929 said:

> > @MattM97 said:

> > > @Breaking_Baddeley said:

> > > > @kved said:

> > > > > @Breaking_Baddeley said:

> > > > > > Unfortunately not yet. I am a Titleist Staff Player, and have been told that next year's Select line will no longer have any inserts. It's likely all that I will find out until the PGA Show in January.

> > > > >

> > > > > Thank Goodness!!! Unfortunately, I am a lefty and only have two choices (Del Mar or Newport 2), neither of which I really care for. Scotty Cameron really needs to expand their line to the left handed market and offer at least one more traditional putter to us lefties. I would love to play a newport or newport 1.5, but neither are being offered left handed according to the photo on the previous page.

> > > >

> > > > I'd kill for an updated Newport or Fastback version in LH. The Del Mar is so hideous and I don't think I ever see anyone (LH or RH) every playing that model/version on any brand. So frustrating

> > >

> > > Yeah I definitely prefer the regular Newport to the Newport 2 and would also like a Fastback option. I can't believe Scotty Cameron hasn't offered the left handed community an option for a putter with a flow neck in over a decade especially when flow necks are so popular these days!!!

> >

> > The reason for that is because we're (lefties) are an afterthought to him and many other companies.

> >

> > Funny thing with the Fastback is that it wouldn't be hard to make it a LH version but that's too easy.

>

> Wait a second, the iconic SC fastback that has been proven and running for 10 plus years aren't offered for lefty's?

>

> that's crazy..

>

> and yall missing out.

Not a whole lot are offered to lefties and I really like the look of the Fastback and Newport which are not offered. So we go elsewhere or have to be on tour to get them.

Lefty WITB

Driver: 9° Ping G410 Plus - Tour 65S

3W: 13.5° Ping G410 LST - Aldila NV 2KXV Green 75X

3H: 19° Ping - Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: 4i - 7i Srixon 585 / 8i - PW Srixon 785 - AMT Tour White S300

Wedges: 51° MD3 - 56° Glide 2 - 60° PM2

Putter(s): TP Mills Handmade - SIK Pro Tour Proto - MannKrafted MA/66 LN - and more. 

> @Redjeep83 said:

> > @collindm1 said:

> > > @memphishorn said:

> > > I may be in the minority on the wrap under insert but I just bought the current Newport Select this summer and I love the feel of it and am putting better than with my old Newport Classic.

> > >

> > > This comes from a guy has always hated inserts and just quit gaming a 23 year old carbon steel putter.

> >

> > absolutely NOTHING wrong with the inserts. I game a 2015 Newport, but would game a 2016-2018 in a heartbeat. People are conflict junkies and they need something to complain about - the new putters are still good quality and his next putters will be good too.

>

> You don’t really see the tour players using them or a Scotty with the same insert, that’s part of problem.

>

True, not as many. But Sung-hoon Kang won at the Nelson this year with one! I've seen plenty on tour with the inserts, albeit, not as many as without!

> @collindm1 said:

> > @memphishorn said:

> > I may be in the minority on the wrap under insert but I just bought the current Newport Select this summer and I love the feel of it and am putting better than with my old Newport Classic.

> >

> > This comes from a guy has always hated inserts and just quit gaming a 23 year old carbon steel putter.

>

> absolutely NOTHING wrong with the inserts. I game a 2015 Newport, but would game a 2016-2018 in a heartbeat. People are conflict junkies and they need something to complain about - the new putters are still good quality and his next putters will be good too.

I completely disagree but respect your opinion. The good news for you is the 2016-2018 models will be dirt cheap. A guy on BST was trying to get $325 for his 2018 newport that's selling new on ebay for under $280.

• Like 1

> @bladehunter said:

> > @asroma19 said:

> > > @newportbeach said:

> > > Hopefully they are very similar to these that were introduced earlier this year except no tour markings obviously. I'd take the new pistolini plus grip on one and be good to go.

> > >

> > > https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1769376/new-cameron-putters-including-matsuyamas-2019-pga-championship/p1

> >

> > Highly doubtful. GSS models like that are closer to Camicos. Thinner topline and the neck is different than stock OTRs.

>

> Highly doubtful meaning zero chance.

Indeed. What would be the point if OTR had the same features as a Tour putter.

> @Scotty1140 said:

> > @tleader said:

> > > @Commack350Z said:

> > > Does anyone know if the new putters will have three big red cherry bombs? I'm sick of it.

> >

> > Me too. Would love to see Scotty go in a different design direction.

>

> They will have 3 dots according to some guys over at TCC.

>

Thanks for the insight. ?

New face milling, new head shapes(I assume similar to the tour pics we have seen), new weights, no insert.

Callaway Mavrik 10.5* with Tensei Pro White 60 stiff tipped 1/2"
Titleist TS4 10.5* with GD XC6 stiff tipped 1/2" 
Titleist TS2 16.5* with Tensei Pro White 70 stiff tipped 1"
Titleist TS2 hybrid 19* with Tensei Pro White 90 stiff tipped 1/2"
Titleist 680 MB 4-9 with Shimada Tour X-Stiff SS 1X
Vokey SM7 46,50,55,60 with Shimada Tour X-Stiff 
Yes C Groove Callie tour issue Badds prototype long neck
Callaway Chrome Soft X Triple Track
Golf Pride Multicompound Black/Black +1/64"
Ogio Silencer bag

> @asroma19 said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @asroma19 said:

> > > > @newportbeach said:

> > > > Hopefully they are very similar to these that were introduced earlier this year except no tour markings obviously. I'd take the new pistolini plus grip on one and be good to go.

> > > >

> > > > https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1769376/new-cameron-putters-including-matsuyamas-2019-pga-championship/p1

> > >

> > > Highly doubtful. GSS models like that are closer to Camicos. Thinner topline and the neck is different than stock OTRs.

> >

> > Highly doubtful meaning zero chance.

>

> Indeed. What would be the point if OTR had the same features as a Tour putter.

True - however, look at the Teryllium T22s. The production ones are the same headshape as the tour ones. The tour ones have some different/extra engraving. Hopefully the head shapes we have seen will come out minus the GSS (that is a trademark of Acushnet by the way :wink:) and some engraving that will be on the tour sticks.

Though much is taken much abides;
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
- Lord Tennyson

Scotty always has Tour Newport that mirrors retail Newport with the additional circle T engraving.

Once you get into 009 and Timeless Newport 2, then that's where things get really interesting for tour sticks.

> @newportbeach said:

> > @asroma19 said:

> >

> > Indeed. What would be the point if OTR had the same features as a Tour putter.

>

> True - however, look at the Teryllium T22s. The production ones are the same headshape as the tour ones. The tour ones have some different/extra engraving. Hopefully the head shapes we have seen will come out minus the GSS (that is a trademark of Acushnet by the way :wink:) and some engraving that will be on the tour sticks.

• Like 1

> @newportbeach said:

> > @asroma19 said:

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > @asroma19 said:

> > > > > @newportbeach said:

> > > > > Hopefully they are very similar to these that were introduced earlier this year except no tour markings obviously. I'd take the new pistolini plus grip on one and be good to go.

> > > > >

> > > > > https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1769376/new-cameron-putters-including-matsuyamas-2019-pga-championship/p1

> > > >

> > > > Highly doubtful. GSS models like that are closer to Camicos. Thinner topline and the neck is different than stock OTRs.

> > >

> > > Highly doubtful meaning zero chance.

> >

> > Indeed. What would be the point if OTR had the same features as a Tour putter.

>

> True - however, look at the Teryllium T22s. The production ones are the same headshape as the tour ones. The tour ones have some different/extra engraving. Hopefully the head shapes we have seen will come out minus the GSS (that is a trademark of Acushnet by the way :wink:) and some engraving that will be on the tour sticks.

You’ve always had that. The 2016 Newport is a poor mans 009 in allot of ways. Just add in the insert , gee gaws and engraving.

TM Sim Max 10.5 Ventus Red 6x 

TM RBZ 14* Addi 8x 

TM Gapr bonded 21* evenflow blue 6.5 

Miura MC-501 4-Pw DG.X7

Miura 51 55 59 s400

Cameron GSS 009  1.5 , sound slot , tungsten sole weights , head speed shaft. 

Aside from a couple mallet models (Futura), nobody plays any of the production Scotty Cameron's that were made after 2011. An all time cold streak from Scotty. As a big fan, I really hate to see it

Even if you play a Newport or Newport II from the past few years, you don't really enjoy it. You might reply to this and say that you love it and it looks/feels great, but you don't mean it and simply want to argue my post

Hoping these new models are tolerable. From some of the comments it seems they will be

• Like 1

> @kevinscott22 said:

> Aside from a couple mallet models (Futura), nobody plays any of the production Scotty Cameron's that were made after 2011. An all time cold streak from Scotty. As a big fan, I really hate to see it

>

> Even if you play a Newport or Newport II from the past few years, you don't really enjoy it. You might reply to this and say that you love it and it looks/feels great, but you don't mean it and simply want to argue my post

>

> Hoping these new models are tolerable. From some of the comments it seems they will be

Rec and on tour the move to mid and full size mallets is more than overwhelming and anyone looking to improve there game will not be looking at a anser/Newport style putter. Like myself and many others that are older we grew up playing anser style putters and are comfortable playing them but shouldn’t be. Scotty needs to be looking at a new line of mallet putters. I really like the style Justin Thomas plays because it’s a very good start to moving away from Anser style putters. The guys on tour are moving away from anser style and they can hit in the center of the face everytime and no one reading this can.

> @kevinscott22 said:

> Aside from a couple mallet models (Futura), nobody plays any of the production Scotty Cameron's that were made after 2011. An all time cold streak from Scotty. As a big fan, I really hate to see it

>

> Even if you play a Newport or Newport II from the past few years, you don't really enjoy it. You might reply to this and say that you love it and it looks/feels great, but you don't mean it and simply want to argue my post

>

> Hoping these new models are tolerable. From some of the comments it seems they will be

Thanks for letting me know what I like or don't like. I never would have figured or out on my own.

• Like 2

Titleist TS2
Titleist 917 F2 3 wood
Ping Anser 20,
Wilson V6's  3-GW
Ping Glide
58*ES

Bettinardi Queen B 6

> @newportbeach said:

> > @asroma19 said:

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > @asroma19 said:

> > > > > @newportbeach said:

> > > > > Hopefully they are very similar to these that were introduced earlier this year except no tour markings obviously. I'd take the new pistolini plus grip on one and be good to go.

> > > > >

> > > > > https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1769376/new-cameron-putters-including-matsuyamas-2019-pga-championship/p1

> > > >

> > > > Highly doubtful. GSS models like that are closer to Camicos. Thinner topline and the neck is different than stock OTRs.

> > >

> > > Highly doubtful meaning zero chance.

> >

>

Scotty has always released some Tei3 and other putters not in the mainstream that are the same from production OTR/Limited offering and to Tour putter.

Having lost confidence in my Spider near the end of August, I bought my Golo 3 back from a friend whom I had sold it to about two years ago.

Since August I've accumulated five SC putters --- 2018 Laguna (insert), Select NP2.5 (no insert), 5s (no insert), Circa 2 (no insert) and the Golo 3 (insert).

I'll be honest --- it makes no difference to me in regards to the insert. They all sound and feel quite similar to me.

The 2018 Laguna has clearly identified itself as my #1. I had the loft tweaked a few degrees on it and it rolls perfectly for me. I just got the Circa the other day and will be using it for the first time this weekend. It needs a to be reduced a bit in loft for me, as does the Select 2.5.

FWIW, I removed the 3M tape in my Laguna's insert when I torched the putter. Does that make a difference in feel? I dunno.

All I know is that the sound of the ball dropping into the hole is the sound I listen for as opposed to the sound of an insert / no insert click. And I hear it more often with the 2018 Laguna.

• Like 1

> @Deluxe186 said:

> heard theyre re release the newport 2.0 again haven't done that in a while

Is a Newport 2.0 different than a Newport 2? I'm confused. Hasn't he released this with every Select line on a two -year cycle?

• Like 1

Titleist TSi3 - 9* - Tour AD IZ
Titleist TSi3 - 15* - Tour AD IZ
Titleist TS3 Hybrid - Even Flow
Titleist U500 - 4 iron, DG Tour Issue X-100
Titleist T100s 5-9, DG Tour Issue X-100
Titleist Vokey SM8 RAW - 46*, 50*, 56*, 60*, DG Tour Issue X-100 & S-400
Scotty Cameron 009 

> @scottb15 said:

> I heard they will be a 2 piece putter of some sort with no insert. Will be interesting to see ..**** I hope its just a simple design without all that other garbage hes been doing last few years

What do you mean by "2 piece putter"? Milled head with weight inserts?

Titleist TSi3 - 9* - Tour AD IZ
Titleist TSi3 - 15* - Tour AD IZ
Titleist TS3 Hybrid - Even Flow
Titleist U500 - 4 iron, DG Tour Issue X-100
Titleist T100s 5-9, DG Tour Issue X-100
Titleist Vokey SM8 RAW - 46*, 50*, 56*, 60*, DG Tour Issue X-100 & S-400
Scotty Cameron 009 

> @kevinscott22 said:

>

>

I'm laughing out loud hahahah :D :D