Any info on the Scotty Cameron Select 2020 line?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Excellent comparison from over on TCC via north_east_pro. The 2020 has a thinner topline and the shoulder to bumper transition is softer. Great improvements to me I prefer the 2020.

Here's the final product if anyone was curious...translucent blue, white and black. Super simple version is to use paint stripper and acetone to remove the paint, put on the new color filling the engr

Posted Images

It is interesting to see how the Flowback compares size-wise to the Fastback...not nearly as rounded at the back as I expected. I really thought it was a Golo/Roundback size mallet but this one seems much more compact. Not really my speed, so now I need someone to find some pics of tbe Squareback so I can make a decision!

flowback to me looks like a cross between the Golo prototype and Roundback. Looking at the sole picture of the Flowback that was posted her it looked to have the same footprint as the Roundback which I think is a fairly compact mallet for what it is.

PXG 0811X 12* (10.5*)

PXG 0341X 18* (16.5*)
Titleist 818 H2 23*
Callaway ApexMB 5-P
Macgregor DW 52*
Titleist SM-8 60*

PXG Mini Gunboat

The tour models do look great. I’m not a big fan of the cavity dots but don’t mind the three on the face. The big question though is - are the differences between the tour and retail models with an extra 2k? Even with the pics of the new OTRs we don’t have high resolution pictures comparing the shape and features to the tour ones. Personally I prefer the tour protos that the new tour ones and the OTRs are based on. Those has single dots in the cavity and the face.

Though much is taken much abides;
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
- Lord Tennyson

Looks like the OTR Newport 2 has a deeper face than the Tourtype. If you look at the shoulders you can see a slight difference especially on the toe. I haven’t seen the OTR in person but that’s what I see in the pics.

PXG 0811X 12* (10.5*)

PXG 0341X 18* (16.5*)
Titleist 818 H2 23*
Callaway ApexMB 5-P
Macgregor DW 52*
Titleist SM-8 60*

PXG Mini Gunboat

One already sold at the gallery. Ugh, I wish these were the consumer versions. So nice. https://www.scottycameron.com/gallery-store/product.aspx?zpid=3486

Ping G400 Driver Fujikura pro 65

Taylormade M2 3 wood Fujikura pro 65

Taylormade M2 3/4 TM Reax

Taylormade P770 irons 4-PW

Titleist Vokey SM8 56/10 S

Titleist Vokey SM8 60/04 L

Titleist Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2 33"

Beer.

Ping G400 LST 8.5* Tour Stiff 65

Titleist 915fd 15* Smoke 70S

Titleist 816 H2 19* Diamana 100X

Titleist 716 T-MB 4 Iron PX 6.5

Titleist 690 MB 5-PW PX 6.5

Mizuno T20 52 & 56 PX 6.5, 61* S400

Piretti GOAT

Oooohhh MY... that Flowback 5.5!!! Go ahead and warm up the debit card for this thing!!! I've been wanting to build an old round back with a welded flowneck, but never pulled the trigger cause i hate the pop through cross alignment. Scotty just solved my problem...

Anyone ready to sell that has them in hand go ahead and message me. haha. paypal loaded and ready to go as soon as i can get one of these!!!

Thank you for illustrating my point. Traditionally Scotty's tour selects have had different engravings or stampings, but the shape is the same as the OTRs. Even the recently released T22s did the same thing - the tour models had the fabled CT and some different engraving but the shape was the same. The Tourtypes may add some different engraving, dots and leaving the milling on the bumpers, but I seriously doubt they will be different shapes with different face depths unless Scotty is going to deviate from past practice. Now some models, such as the 009 style, are a different head shape and not offered at retail. And, there are other different shapes offered to tour players, think Rickie Fowler, but the OTR selects and tour selects have not been that different in the past. People see the price difference and psychologically want to create unique veblen good characteristics to justify the cost, yet from what has been done, shape is not one of them in the select line. A player may request some customization (grinding, softening etc.) which would obviously be different but that is not what I am talking about. Scotty has become a millionaire off of selling status symbols that for the average golfer will not make them that much better of a putter. And, I've owned plenty , however when people see high res tour pics and compare them to low res OTRs and start creating imaginary differences it is pretty comical.

• Like 1

Though much is taken much abides;
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
- Lord Tennyson

I definitely think with the blows Titleist has taken in the golf ball market, they have leaned on Scotty to turn up the profits for the company. That's probably why the T22 was released and in such high quantity.

I'm glad a lot of you like his new release. I think the new flange shape looks great. I'll be honest and say that's about it though. It's okay, I don't mind since I prefer a face balanced blade and he gave up on that market years ago but I'm glad to see he did away with the inserts.

Also, the circle T above proves it is a 303 stainless head. You guys can take a deep breath. Haha. I'll go on record saying I like the feel of the 2013 Futura X's 100% aluminum head. If he made a blade out of aluminum, I'd be excited to try it. Part of that though is because of the light face milling on the futura X. It was the last mallet they didn't have medium to deep milling.

• Like 1

Comical I know, but whether you accept it or not the subtle differences are there. I’ve had a few Circle T’s from Circas to 009’s to Tour Rats and there were differences between them all from the amount of hand shaping to neck bend especially in the Circa 2 CT I had.

M7A53B1YBLSZ.jpeg

MIR9YEC0RZZZ.jpeg

AZRJQUPQO4C8.jpeg

KLFCYMSITJVW.jpeg

C7BB2LFG2Z2D.jpeg

PXG 0811X 12* (10.5*)

PXG 0341X 18* (16.5*)
Titleist 818 H2 23*
Callaway ApexMB 5-P
Macgregor DW 52*
Titleist SM-8 60*

PXG Mini Gunboat

Man the Tour putters look sooooo much better.

The OTR 2020 putters look like Chinese knockoffs compared to them

PING G410 LST 9* VA Nemesys 65X

PING G410 LST 14.5* Tour AD DI 7X

Srixon U85 18* Tour AD 95X

Titleist 818 H2 20* Tour AD DI 85X

Mizuno MP20 HMB 4 Tour AD 95X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5-9 Oban CT 115 X(-)

Titleist Vokey SM7 46F - 54S - 59D

Mizuno M Craft II

Bridgestone Tour B X

Have to agree with that. But very good knock-offs, you have to admit. Much better than the ones we had to put up with for these last few years.

The biggest difference to me is how deep / tall the face is on the OTRs vs the Tours. Notice how the taper towards the outside top end of the toe goes right about to the top-line on the tours, vs how chubby the face of the OTRs looks in comparison. The tours are just better to look at, and am sure have better feel. That plus the milling pattern on face and back side.

When I saw it in person, it did not look any more or less shiny than what the tour putters look like in the pics. Kind of like the earlier line, which is totally fine by me.

The thing about the OTR Scottys that bothers me is how they have sharper edges (vs softer on the tours), thicker and taller faces (like the putter needs to ease up on the cookies and trim up a bit), and the busy soles. But I think this line is better on all those fronts than those from the last 10-12 years.

Obviously the CT putters do look nicer, but the quality of the pictures between the two isn't nearly the same either. If they were placed side by side, in the same lighting, I don't think the difference would be as great. I've been closely following this entire thread and it seems like the guys who have actually held the OTR models are saying they look much nicer than these some of these blurry images we are seeing which can have a tendency to make them look "cheap". I'm holding off major judgement until I can see and roll one in person.