Any info on the Scotty Cameron Select 2020 line?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think this is still safe in my bag. Amazing how many people ask me if this is a Tour Scotty.

Don't take this the wrong way but the current and older models have some of the same mill marks correct?

Ping G400 LST 8.5* Tour Stiff 65

Titleist 915fd 15* Smoke 70S

Titleist 816 H2 19* Diamana 100X

Titleist 716 T-MB 4 Iron PX 6.5

Titleist 690 MB 5-PW PX 6.5

Mizuno T20 52 & 56 PX 6.5, 61* S400

Piretti GOAT

I don’t think any releases have had the lines across the shoulders like this. Top line and sole seem to have a lot also.

The classic releases had a lot of mill marks in the cavity, back bumpers and neck. Face too of course.

Older lines with black oxide or oil can finishes were also more of a polished finish, which makes the mill chatter pop out a lot more. More matte or satin finishes like the modern lines make the mill marks a bit more subtle sometimes.

I think they are a little bit “firmer” than the 2014 models. However, that could also be a factor that the golf ball is firmer now than then.

Titleist TSi3 - 9* - Tour AD IZ
Titleist TSi3 - 15* - Tour AD IZ
Titleist TS3 Hybrid - Even Flow
Titleist U500 - 4 iron, DG Tour Issue X-100
Titleist T100s 5-9, DG Tour Issue X-100
Titleist Vokey SM8 RAW - 46*, 50*, 56*, 60*, DG Tour Issue X-100 & S-400
Scotty Cameron 009 

I like these much more than the past couple models. I was hoping we’d get some options as far as sight lines, dots, or just a clean look, but doesn’t look like that’ll happen. Going away from inserts makes me happy, but I wonder how Scotty’s gonna sell it. To bring them in and sell them as magic and then say eh...they’re not all that, doesn’t look good for him. I know that’s not really what happened, some like the inserts, but I wonder what made him leave the inserts.

Incredible pictures thanks - well there is one less difference between the tour models and the OTRs that was griped about in this thread - the milling all over looks awesome. These look more and more promising every day.

Though much is taken much abides;
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
- Lord Tennyson

You should feel an improvement. I changed out the soft feeling Matador grip in favor of the red cord dancing Scotty Cameron logo and it improved the feel of my '18 Newport. With a more classic grip and no insert, the feeling should be what most '08 loyalists (myself included) are used to. I'm quite excited for this line to release. I'm going to grab one for sure.