Any info on the Scotty Cameron Select 2020 line?

> @Rory4Pres said:

> > @"hd.softail" said:

> > > @Rory4Pres said:

> > > I think it's fair to say over 80% of us hope his new 2020 select line doesn't have inserts.

> > >

> > > Then again, I don't mind if they do, I just won't buy one. Less temptation.

> >

> > Having had/played both I can certainly see why someone would have strong opinions either way. I do prefer the non-insert Camerons but having the insert doesn't keep me away, I think the current select line feels as good as anything. With a new Bettinardi BB line and 2020 Select launch all happening this winter, it's a sure bet I'll be putting with something new next season. Can't wait to see what they release...

>

> Bettinardi went to a super soft milled face model with their 2019 models. Clearly they and Scotty think the end user associates "soft" with premium quality. Unfortunately I'm one of the individuals on the outside saying if I wanted a soft putter, I would be using a white hot odyssey. I don't, I want feedback, as do many others, which is why Scotty's older models are so popular. The SC 2012-2015 lines were about as soft as I can handle with the solid Stainless steel with fairly deep face milling. (as pictured above a few comments ago).

>

> I do get the trends though, you have to change something about a model from year to year.

Bettinardi offers none-deep milled faces that doesn't feel too soft on the BB line or Queen Bee line tho.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think this is still safe in my bag. Amazing how many people ask me if this is a Tour Scotty.

> @Redjeep83 said:

> > @collindm1 said:

> > > @memphishorn said:

> > > I may be in the minority on the wrap under insert but I just bought the current Newport Select this summer and I love the feel of it and am putting better than with my old Newport Classic.

> > >

> > > This comes from a guy has always hated inserts and just quit gaming a 23 year old carbon steel putter.

> >

> > absolutely NOTHING wrong with the inserts. I game a 2015 Newport, but would game a 2016-2018 in a heartbeat. People are conflict junkies and they need something to complain about - the new putters are still good quality and his next putters will be good too.

>

> You don’t really see the tour players using them or a Scotty with the same insert, that’s part of problem.

>

Brooks Koepka???

• Like 2

> @lawsonman said:

> > @Redjeep83 said:

> > > @collindm1 said:

> > > > @memphishorn said:

> > > > I may be in the minority on the wrap under insert but I just bought the current Newport Select this summer and I love the feel of it and am putting better than with my old Newport Classic.

> > > >

> > > > This comes from a guy has always hated inserts and just quit gaming a 23 year old carbon steel putter.

> > >

> > > absolutely NOTHING wrong with the inserts. I game a 2015 Newport, but would game a 2016-2018 in a heartbeat. People are conflict junkies and they need something to complain about - the new putters are still good quality and his next putters will be good too.

> >

> > You don’t really see the tour players using them or a Scotty with the same insert, that’s part of problem.

> >

>

> We golfers are such suckers. And I include myself in the group. :)

lawsonmen is correct!! we see something from Cameron and we gobble it up. Same with Bettinardi!! too each is own.....do they really improve your putting?? Looks to me along with my interpertations of feel are indeffrerient,, Mill pattern?? spinon which the

> @bripgall3265 said:

> > @Redjeep83 said:

> > > @collindm1 said:

> > > > @memphishorn said:

> > > > I may be in the minority on the wrap under insert but I just bought the current Newport Select this summer and I love the feel of it and am putting better than with my old Newport Classic.

> > > >

> > > > This comes from a guy has always hated inserts and just quit gaming a 23 year old carbon steel putter.

> > >

> > > absolutely NOTHING wrong with the inserts. I game a 2015 Newport, but would game a 2016-2018 in a heartbeat. People are conflict junkies and they need something to complain about - the new putters are still good quality and his next putters will be good too.

> >

> > You don’t really see the tour players using them or a Scotty with the same insert, that’s part of problem.

> >

>

> Brooks Koepka???

>

uhh no, he uses a T10 select newport 2 prototype. His insert is tellurium copper (one of the softest metal materials)

> @kevinscott22 said:

> Aside from a couple mallet models (Futura), nobody plays any of the production Scotty Cameron's that were made after 2011. An all time cold streak from Scotty. As a big fan, I really hate to see it

>

> Even if you play a Newport or Newport II from the past few years, you don't really enjoy it. You might reply to this and say that you love it and it looks/feels great, but you don't mean it and simply want to argue my post

>

> Hoping these new models are tolerable. From some of the comments it seems they will be

I've read some truly horrible takes on here over the last 10+ years, but this one might just take the cake. You're really, really bad at this.

• Like 3

Titleist TSi3 10* - Hzrdus Smoke RDX 60 6.5
Callaway Mavrik SZ 13.5* - Tour AD DI 7X
Callaway XR Pro TC 18* Hybrid - Tour AD DI 95x
Callaway XR Pro TC 23* Hybrid - Tour AD DI 95x

Maltby TS-1 5 iron - KBS Tour 120s

Srixon Z745 6-PW - KBS Tour 120s
Titleist Vokey SM6 50*
Scratch 56* & 60* - Black KBS Tour Custom

Spider Tour Red 

> @Redjeep83 said:

> > @bripgall3265 said:

> > > @Redjeep83 said:

> > > > @collindm1 said:

> > > > > @memphishorn said:

> > > > > I may be in the minority on the wrap under insert but I just bought the current Newport Select this summer and I love the feel of it and am putting better than with my old Newport Classic.

> > > > >

> > > > > This comes from a guy has always hated inserts and just quit gaming a 23 year old carbon steel putter.

> > > >

> > > > absolutely NOTHING wrong with the inserts. I game a 2015 Newport, but would game a 2016-2018 in a heartbeat. People are conflict junkies and they need something to complain about - the new putters are still good quality and his next putters will be good too.

> > >

> > > You don’t really see the tour players using them or a Scotty with the same insert, that’s part of problem.

> > >

> >

> > Brooks Koepka???

> >

>

> uhh no, he uses a T10 select newport 2 prototype. His insert is tellurium copper (one of the softest metal materials)

>

>

uhh ok what is the insert on the new Teryllium T22 putters? Maybe I'm missing something here - "tellurium copper" v. teryllium copper ??

Though much is taken much abides;
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
- Lord Tennyson

> @newportbeach said:

> > @Redjeep83 said:

> > > @bripgall3265 said:

> > > > @Redjeep83 said:

> > > > > @collindm1 said:

> > > > > > @memphishorn said:

> > > > > > I may be in the minority on the wrap under insert but I just bought the current Newport Select this summer and I love the feel of it and am putting better than with my old Newport Classic.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > This comes from a guy has always hated inserts and just quit gaming a 23 year old carbon steel putter.

> > > > >

> > > > > absolutely NOTHING wrong with the inserts. I game a 2015 Newport, but would game a 2016-2018 in a heartbeat. People are conflict junkies and they need something to complain about - the new putters are still good quality and his next putters will be good too.

> > > >

> > > > You don’t really see the tour players using them or a Scotty with the same insert, that’s part of problem.

> > > >

> > >

> > > Brooks Koepka???

> > >

> >

> > uhh no, he uses a T10 select newport 2 prototype. His insert is tellurium copper (one of the softest metal materials)

> >

> >

>

> uhh ok what is the insert on the new Teryllium T22 putters? Maybe I'm missing something here - "tellurium copper" v. teryllium copper ??

Scotty has a patent on it along with another individual you can find it in the patent system if you run a search.

> @Redjeep83 said:

> > @newportbeach said:

> > > @Redjeep83 said:

> > > > @bripgall3265 said:

> > > > > @Redjeep83 said:

> > > > > > @collindm1 said:

> > > > > > > @memphishorn said:

> > > > > > > I may be in the minority on the wrap under insert but I just bought the current Newport Select this summer and I love the feel of it and am putting better than with my old Newport Classic.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > This comes from a guy has always hated inserts and just quit gaming a 23 year old carbon steel putter.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > absolutely NOTHING wrong with the inserts. I game a 2015 Newport, but would game a 2016-2018 in a heartbeat. People are conflict junkies and they need something to complain about - the new putters are still good quality and his next putters will be good too.

> > > > >

> > > > > You don’t really see the tour players using them or a Scotty with the same insert, that’s part of problem.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Brooks Koepka???

> > > >

> > >

> > > uhh no, he uses a T10 select newport 2 prototype. His insert is tellurium copper (one of the softest metal materials)

> > >

> > >

> >

> > uhh ok what is the insert on the new Teryllium T22 putters? Maybe I'm missing something here - "tellurium copper" v. teryllium copper ??

>

> Scotty has a patent on it along with another individual you can find it in the patent system if you run a search.

This sounds like some tinfoil hat stuff. I don’t buy it.

> @Redjeep83 said:

> > @newportbeach said:

> > > @Redjeep83 said:

> > > > @bripgall3265 said:

> > > > > @Redjeep83 said:

> > > > > > @collindm1 said:

> > > > > > > @memphishorn said:

> > > > > > > I may be in the minority on the wrap under insert but I just bought the current Newport Select this summer and I love the feel of it and am putting better than with my old Newport Classic.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > This comes from a guy has always hated inserts and just quit gaming a 23 year old carbon steel putter.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > absolutely NOTHING wrong with the inserts. I game a 2015 Newport, but would game a 2016-2018 in a heartbeat. People are conflict junkies and they need something to complain about - the new putters are still good quality and his next putters will be good too.

> > > > >

> > > > > You don’t really see the tour players using them or a Scotty with the same insert, that’s part of problem.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Brooks Koepka???

> > > >

> > >

> > > uhh no, he uses a T10 select newport 2 prototype. His insert is tellurium copper (one of the softest metal materials)

> > >

> > >

> >

> > uhh ok what is the insert on the new Teryllium T22 putters? Maybe I'm missing something here - "tellurium copper" v. teryllium copper ??

>

> Scotty has a patent on it along with another individual you can find it in the patent system if you run a search.

If anything he would have the rights to the name of teryllium as that's his self proclaimed take on tellurium. They are both the same material however and Brooks putter is made of the same insert as the T22 by all accounts

Mizuno ST190G 8.5° Diamana BF 60TX

Taylormade M6 15° Tensei PW 70TX

Taylormade 2019 P790 UDI Tensei PW 100TX

Mizuno MP20 MMC 4,5 DG X100

Mizuno MP-33 6-PW Nippon SPB X

Taylormade MG2 52°,56° Nippon SPB X

Taylormade Hi Toe Raw Face 60° Nippon SPB X

Odyssey ProType 2 Black

> @bostonbrahmin said:

> > @Redjeep83 said:

> > > @newportbeach said:

> > > > @Redjeep83 said:

> > > > > @bripgall3265 said:

> > > > > > @Redjeep83 said:

> > > > > > > @collindm1 said:

> > > > > > > > @memphishorn said:

> > > > > > > > I may be in the minority on the wrap under insert but I just bought the current Newport Select this summer and I love the feel of it and am putting better than with my old Newport Classic.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > This comes from a guy has always hated inserts and just quit gaming a 23 year old carbon steel putter.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > absolutely NOTHING wrong with the inserts. I game a 2015 Newport, but would game a 2016-2018 in a heartbeat. People are conflict junkies and they need something to complain about - the new putters are still good quality and his next putters will be good too.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > You don’t really see the tour players using them or a Scotty with the same insert, that’s part of problem.

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Brooks Koepka???

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > uhh no, he uses a T10 select newport 2 prototype. His insert is tellurium copper (one of the softest metal materials)

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > uhh ok what is the insert on the new Teryllium T22 putters? Maybe I'm missing something here - "tellurium copper" v. teryllium copper ??

> >

> > Scotty has a patent on it along with another individual you can find it in the patent system if you run a search.

>

> If anything he would have the rights to the name of teryllium as that's his self proclaimed take on tellurium. They are both the same material however and Brooks putter is made of the same insert as the T22 by all accounts

Never said anything different than that

> @bostonbrahmin said:

> > @Redjeep83 said:

> > > @newportbeach said:

> > > > @Redjeep83 said: Koepka???

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > uhh no, he uses a T10 select newport 2 prototype. His insert is tellurium copper (one of the softest metal materials)

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > uhh ok what is the insert on the new Teryllium T22 putters? Maybe I'm missing something here - "tellurium copper" v. teryllium copper ??

> >

> > Scotty has a patent on it along with another individual you can find it in the patent system if you run a search.

>

> If anything he would have the rights to the name of teryllium as that's his self proclaimed take on tellurium. They are both the same material however and Brooks putter is made of the same insert as the T22 by all accounts

At least **GSS** is a trademark of Scotty (Acushnet). However T22 and/or teryllium are not registered. Tellurium Is a trade mark from a software company.

GSS: http://tmsearch.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=4807:l67uvh.5.27

I heard from a Titleist staff tour player that the new releases will be solid milled and look similar to the Timeless and 009. I guess the next questions is, what will the sightline markings be? Flange line, dot, no line, etc.

• Like 1

Titleist TSi3 - 9* - Tour AD IZ
Titleist TSi3 - 15* - Tour AD IZ
Titleist TS3 Hybrid - Even Flow
Titleist U500 - 4 iron, DG Tour Issue X-100
Titleist T100s 5-9, DG Tour Issue X-100
Titleist Vokey SM8 RAW - 46*, 50*, 56*, 60*, DG Tour Issue X-100 & S-400
Scotty Cameron 009 

> @"j.a." said:

> > @bostonbrahmin said:

> > > @Redjeep83 said:

> > > > @newportbeach said:

> > > > > @Redjeep83 said: Koepka???

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > uhh no, he uses a T10 select newport 2 prototype. His insert is tellurium copper (one of the softest metal materials)

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > uhh ok what is the insert on the new Teryllium T22 putters? Maybe I'm missing something here - "tellurium copper" v. teryllium copper ??

> > >

> > > Scotty has a patent on it along with another individual you can find it in the patent system if you run a search.

> >

> > If anything he would have the rights to the name of teryllium as that's his self proclaimed take on tellurium. They are both the same material however and Brooks putter is made of the same insert as the T22 by all accounts

>

>

> At least **GSS** is a trademark of Scotty (Acushnet). However T22 and/or teryllium are not registered. Tellurium Is a trade mark from a software company.

>

> GSS: http://tmsearch.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=4807:l67uvh.5.27

Scotty may as well use unobtanium inserts. Line and pace will still dictate the success rate

> @"j.a." said:

> > @bostonbrahmin said:

> > > @Redjeep83 said:

> > > > @newportbeach said:

> > > > > @Redjeep83 said: Koepka???

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > uhh no, he uses a T10 select newport 2 prototype. His insert is tellurium copper (one of the softest metal materials)

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > uhh ok what is the insert on the new Teryllium T22 putters? Maybe I'm missing something here - "tellurium copper" v. teryllium copper ??

> > >

> > > Scotty has a patent on it along with another individual you can find it in the patent system if you run a search.

> >

> > If anything he would have the rights to the name of teryllium as that's his self proclaimed take on tellurium. They are both the same material however and Brooks putter is made of the same insert as the T22 by all accounts

>

>

> At least **GSS** is a trademark of Scotty (Acushnet). However T22 and/or teryllium are not registered. Tellurium Is a trade mark from a software company.

>

> GSS: http://tmsearch.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=4807:l67uvh.5.27

Here's the list of trademarks off his site.

Teryllium is on that list

TRADEMARKS:

The following is a list of some of the trademarks owned or licensed by Acushnet Company used on or with Scotty Cameron products:

BIG SUR, BULLS EYE, CAMERON 3 Dot Design, CIRCA 62, CORONADO, DANCING LOGO DESIGN, DEL MAR, Design on Studio Stainless Club, DETOUR, FOR TOUR USE ONLY, GOLO, GSS, LAGUNA, MISCELLANEOUS DESIGN (CROWN), MY GIRL, NAPA, NEWPORT, NEWPORT TWO, OCTAGONAL DESIGN, PIMP MY PUTTER, POLKA DOT DESIGN, PRIVATE RESERVE, PUTTER STUDIO, RED-X, SANTA FE, SC DIAMOND DESIGN, SCOTT CAMERON, SCOTTSMAN, SCOTTY CAMERON, SCOTTY CAMERON (Stylized), SCOTTY CAMERON and Red Dot Design, SCOTTY CAMERON BY TITLEIST, SCOTTY CAMERON WITH FLAG DESIGN, SCOTTY DOG DESIGN, SONOMA, STUDIO DESIGN, STUDIO SELECT, STUDIO STAINLESS, STUDIO STYLE, T and Circle Design, TERYLLIUM, THE ART OF PUTTING, TOUR RAT

Yadi for President

Wondering if anyone has any embargo info so we can at least look for to a release date for information on these things.

Titleist TSi3 9° | Tensei AV Raw White 65S

Titleist TSi3 16.5º | Tensei AV Raw White 75S
Titleist 818H2 21º | Atmos HB TS Blue 8S
Callaway Apex CF19 5-PW | Modus 105S
Callaway MD5 50°W 54°S 58°X | KBS $-Taper 120S

Toulon Las Vegas H7 | Stability Tour
Titleist ProV1x

> @mrmikeac said:

> > @beedub96 said:

> > 2020 “Studio Selects”. Heavier without inserts. Triple black Phantom X coming holiday 19.

>

> pa2w97nd7i0j.jpeg

>

>

> Something like this?

That looks so much better than the original Phantom

PXG Proto X | GD Tour AD GP7x +.5"

TM SIM Rocket 3W | GD Tour AD GP6s

PXG Gen2 0311P 3-4i | KBS C-Taper Lite X +1"

PXG Gen3 0311T 5i-G | KBS C-Taper Lite X +1"

PXG 54* Forged (Torched) | KBS C-Taper Lite X +1"

PXG 58* Sugar Daddy | KBS C-Taper Lite X +1"

TM MySpiderX | 36" - 71* - 3*

AB02GZ9T2P50.jpeg

JEXPWBPNCNV8.jpeg

Callaway Mavrik 9° driver Tensei Pro White 50 S Flex

Callaway Mavrik 15° fairway wood Tensei Pro Blue 60 S Flex

Callaway Mavrik 20° and 23° hybrids MMT 90 S Flex

Mizuno JPX 921 Forged 4-PW & GW Modus3 Tour 120 S flex

Mizuno T20 Raw Wedges 50-07, 55-13 and 60-06 Modus3 125 Wedge

Odyssey Stroke Lab Ten 

Callaway Chrome Soft Triple Track

Wonder what color scheme Scotty is going to go with on the Select line. Obviously the cherry bomb's but Im curious to see what the aesthetics of these putters are. Hoping for spy pics soon

Titleist TSi3 9° | Tensei AV Raw White 65S

Titleist TSi3 16.5º | Tensei AV Raw White 75S
Titleist 818H2 21º | Atmos HB TS Blue 8S
Callaway Apex CF19 5-PW | Modus 105S
Callaway MD5 50°W 54°S 58°X | KBS $-Taper 120S

Toulon Las Vegas H7 | Stability Tour
Titleist ProV1x