Any info on the Scotty Cameron Select 2020 line?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think this is still safe in my bag. Amazing how many people ask me if this is a Tour Scotty.

The risk with this theory is you have no guarantee how it will turn out. Custom SC putters are over priced - period. Until this iteration I wouldn’t do it but the NP2.5 is as close to perfect as I can get. Wish it didn’t have a sight line, the weights, and those awful cherry buttons but the feel and balance are perfect for my swing.

I ordered a custom putter from one of the usual craftsman that has already been listed in this thread. It was a shape that was very popular for this individual at a SLIGHTLY reduced but basically normal weight. Order process was below average but adequate. Final product was exquisitely manufactured - a true work of art. The stamping looked like it had been done in a hurry or by an apprentice. The feel was absolutely awful. Indescribably bad. Costco beginners set bad.

Without prototypes and production runs - everything is a crapshoot. Most win or the highly regarded guys wouldn’t stay in business. Not all do and unless you’re playing on TV on Sunday your not likely to get a bunch of free ‘do-overs’.

• Like 1

I know the idea of going full custom is to get a putter that you'll never sell...but I would be about as smart as a bag of hammers to think that would be the case for me. I think with Cameron you get the benefit of a wide resell market and a putter that holds its value. Other putter makers may hold their value just as well but the market would be much smaller (outside of Wrx) making it harder to sell without that name recognition.

Don't get me wrong, I have strongly considered a Byron or Kingston and probably will somewhere down the line. Just offering a different view point of the custom vs. OTR discussion.

I get that, Scotty has the mass market covered. There majority are fine with the sight line and the font etc etc I'm not and you're not but we are in the minority. And was it one that I mentioned? Because I've had all and currently have most of the ones I mentioned. Only one is goodwood that I'm waiting to try and everybody that has had one has nothing but good things to say. Also I don't mean like full custom stamping your name on it and killing resale but pick your style, neck, milling etc and still be able to sell if you don't like it. I have way too many putters but I'm still trying new manufacturers to see what's out there

Ping G400 LST 8.5* Tour Stiff 65

Titleist 915fd 15* Smoke 70S

Titleist 816 H2 19* Diamana 100X

Titleist 716 T-MB 4 Iron PX 6.5

Titleist 690 MB 5-PW PX 6.5

Mizuno T20 52 & 56 PX 6.5, 61* S400

Piretti GOAT

I looked hard at Byron but he stopped making the 006 and I didn't like the replacement. Plus the website didn't function so it didn't make a lot of sense. Don't know any other customs that make a sweet Anser 2 style. Tried Betti BB8 a couple years ago but the proportions didn't suit my eye. I'm a big Ping fan (have bought 4 new Ping putters in the last 5 years) but I always go back to my 2008 Newport 2. Yeah I wish the graphics weren't so busy, etc., but Scotty really nails the shape of his Newport 2. It suits my eye, is good quality and rolls the ball well. I have won 4-5 tournaments with it. He makes very nice putters. Are they overpriced? Maybe a little but not much. He is a good marketer with a good product. Props to him. Can't wait for my new Special Newport 2 to arrive.

Heck out carbon, Mack made, Kevin burns. There are dozens more.

Driver: Taylormade SIM 9 Project X Green 60TX

Fairway Finder: Taylormade Original One 13.5 Ventus Red 9X
Taylormade Gapr low 2 ventus blue 9x
4-PW Cobra king forged CB KBS $ Taper 130 X flex
Wedges 50, 54, 60 Cleveland ZIPCORE
PUTTER; Kronos release long neck
BALL; Bridgestone BX, OR Taylomade TP5x PIX

For father's day 2018, my kids gifted me the Select Newport 2.5 (34") got fitted to 33.5", changed the weights to 25g, I love this thing, I don't see it going anywhere, the new line is awesome as well, but I won't put this putter away, not only it works great for me, it has sentimental value, so, as much as I would love to get the new Scotty, it just will not happen...

Ping G LS Tec 10.5*, Ping Tour 65X, tipped 1", 44.25"
Ping G 14.5*, Diamana Whiteboard D+ 82X, tipped .5", 42.5"
Ping G 19*, GD Tour AD-DI 105X
Ping iBlade 4-P, Project X 6.5 Flighted
Ping Glide 50*, 54*, 58* with Project X 6.5 Flighted
Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2.5 33.25" with Scotty Custom Black Pistolero grip, Ping Karsten TR Zing Tour 32.75", built up blacked out Pingman Grip
Bridgestone Tour XS (Tiger Edition) and new Pro V1

Mine is also too light, I have the 33 NP2, with a P2 Aware Tour grip the SW is D4. I added two lead strips at the sole which added 10 grams, still not enough. I may go the cork and lead powder route and add 20 grams. If that feels right, I'll try and order 50 gram weights if available?

Titleist TS3 8.5 GD AD BB 6S
Titleist TS3 15 GD AD BB 7S
Titleist TS2 19 GD AD DI 85X
Titleist T200 4-P AMT Black S300
Tileist Vokey SM8 5012 SM8 5810
2020 Scotty Cameron NP2
Titleist Pro V1X
Dos Equis Lager
Balls deep

No worries, I am just giving my opinion. I totally get why people like Scotty putters. If that what you like, it is a decently made putter. Zero wrong with them. I just feel they ride the wave of Tour use, when the retail stuff is very different.

Yes, black lab is one I forgot to mention. there are ton and tons more. Just go on instagram and type in milled putter in the search. There are literally hundreds trying to make a name for themselves.

• Like 1