Any info on the Scotty Cameron Select 2020 line?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think this is still safe in my bag. Amazing how many people ask me if this is a Tour Scotty.

Rolled the fastback 1.5 today in my local store and loved it! Would like to do some more testing. The combination of the head weight, look at address and the new grip is great. Although, the grip would look better completely blacked out.

Titleist TS3 8.5* Fujikura Motore Speeder vc 6.2

Titleist TS3 15* Diamana S+ ltd Blueboard 70s tipped 1"

Titleist U500 2i Fujikura Motore Speeder Tour Spec 9.8 hb

Callaway Apex Pro Double Dot 4-pw Accra i steel 125

Vokey Raw SM8 50F, 54S, 58S (custom grind) Nippon Modus 125 wedge

Cushman Custom C&C 1.0 Raw Carbon KBS CT Tour Matte Black, Golf Pride Pro Only Red * or

Mizuno M Craft Type 1 Satin  Stability Tour Shaft, Golf Pride Pro Only Green*

Bridgestone Tour B XS

Got one last Saturday. Used to play the Newport 2 for years. The new Del Mar felt really good on anything inside 15 feet. I buried a handful of 50/50 putts. Maybe it was just a honeymoon round.

On longer putts it may take a few rounds to get the feel down as I left a few long ones about 4 or 5 feet short.

overall I am very happy with the switch.

I agree. I love the way it frames the ball and I think the weight sound and feel are bang on. I think I’m gong to replace my spider with this.

SIM 9° Diamana D+ LTD 60TX
Titleist TS2 15* - D+ LTD 70X
TaylorMade TP UDI 3i- Recoil 110 F5

Srixon Z785 4i, Miura MC-501 5-PW - X100
SM7 50F, 54S
SM8 58M
Scotty Studio Stainless NP2 

Appreciate the feedback on the Del Mar. I used a heel-shafted putter in my younger days also and always liked the clean view of the face / top line. I’ve been rotating between a NP2 and Futura 5.5 for some time and I like some toe flow. I prefer the appearance of the Del Mar over the Fastback and Flowback ... just trying to determine if the Del Mar will be too radical of a change.

Minimalist:  TS2 / 816H1 / 716AP2 5, 7, 9 / Vokey 48, 58 / SC NP2

I got my Fastback 1.5 in this weekend. It is a very solid feeling putter. Soft enough but not too soft. The milling is definitely not as deep as the 2014 line which felt much softer than these. Some of my best putting days came with a Toulon Atlanta which I found to be a bit too small to my eye. The size and face depth is perfect to my eye.

TSi3) TS3 3 Wood | 915H 2 | 718 T-MB 3, T100 4-PW | Vokey SM6 52, SM7 58 | Byron DH89 LongNeck

Okay, someone tell me I am just crazy.....

I went to a local PGATSS and putted with the "demo" (etched marked as such) NP2. The feel was so soft and incredible! The ball rolled phenomenally. However, I know it's any given Sunday. So I do what I normally do with a putter and go back a few different days to make sure it wasn't a fluke. Every day I had the same feel and dispersion/groupings. Then something told me to try a different store, Golf Galaxy, where the putting green is different. I figured if I try it in different locations and they all work the same then I can assume this is it for me. BUT! I rolled the NP2 in Golf Galaxy and the feel was clicky and not near as soft as the PGATSS! I bring my own ProV1 balls in since that is the ball I play and I want to ensure it feels right with my gamer. So I know it wasn't a ball difference. However, I did notice something that may or may not be anything. The shaft band on the Golf Galaxy putter was entirely different from the band at the PGATSS. The PGATSS band had the specs like SW, etc., and Golf Galaxy had one that just said Scotty Cameron.

Am I just crazy or the demo heads, softer or different from retail? Or does PGATSS have a different shaft than GG? Did anyone else experience this?

Acoustics play a major roll in how a putter feels. Was the room set up different between the two stores? If there's a lot of 'stuff' near to where you're putting (i.e, tighter quarters), the sound will bounce off of that 'stuff' and I find that to be a 'clickier' feel. This is why, in my experience, putters always feel softer outside.

Sun Mountain 2.5+

Garmin Approach G10

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*

Titleist 718 AP2 5-P

Vokey SM7 52.8F, 58.8M

PING BeCu Anser

What about the grass length then, like @JStang mentioned? Do you recall the length being significantly different? I agree it can matter, for example when putting on carpet at home the ball sits down a lot lower and I hit higher up on the ball a lot, which doesn't feel nearly as soft.

Sun Mountain 2.5+

Garmin Approach G10

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*

Titleist 718 AP2 5-P

Vokey SM7 52.8F, 58.8M

PING BeCu Anser

I'd agree with this assessment. If the celing is different heights, or if there are things closer or farther away from the putting green it will make a difference. My PGASS has a lot more room around the putting green and the GG near me is much tighter, so the acoustics are different. The PGASS seems much more like a real world outdoor experience versus an indoor tight artificial lit green.

Though much is taken much abides;
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
- Lord Tennyson