Any info on the Scotty Cameron Select 2020 line?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think this is still safe in my bag. Amazing how many people ask me if this is a Tour Scotty.

Thanks a lot! I knew the pistolero grip weighted around that and pistolini was around 77g so figured it would be in the 80g range. Going to order with a 68g oversize matador so with that I won't need to order heavier weights I can just order standard. Just wanted it to feel a bit heavier than standard. Now I can't decide between red, black/red, or gray matador os.

Titleist TSi3 8 deg - Mitsubishi Diamana DF 70TX

Titleist TSi3 15 deg - Project X Even Flow T1100 White 85 6.5

Titleist 816 H2 19 deg - Mitsubishi Diamana D+ 90X

Titleist T200 4 - Project X 6.5

Titleist T100 5-PW - Project X 6.5

Vokey SM8 Jet Black 50.12 F, 54.10 S, 58.08 M - TT DG TI Black Onyx S400

Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

Great job! I do all my own customization as well. The custom shop sticker is a bit misleading... I probably wouldn't do that, but that's just me. Great job on the putter though. I like the lime green.

Titleist TS3 driver HZRDUS Smoke black

Titleist 917 F2 HZRDUS Smoke black

Titleist TS3 19 hybrid HZRDUS smoke black

Titleist T-100s 4-gap

Vokey sm8 54/14f and 60/12d 

TaylorMade Spider X chalk

Not sure why you would send your putter to the custom shop just to change a grip or the paint fill. You can order these from TGW and probably other sites with whatever Scotty grip you want at no extra charge. I imagine the way people on here are changing the paint is close to the same way they do it at the Custom Shop. So other than a different putter cover or length/lie/loft adjustments (which you can also order custom at no extra cost) it seems like the custom shop is kind of a waste. I’m going to order one with the same grip as my Phantom X 5.5 and I actually like the paint fill and head cover enough not to change it. But that’s just my opinion.

In that case, I'd leave it on because it's actually been to the shop. I'm just saying that the sticker indicates that it's been to scotty, at some point, and this one hasn't. You do what you want to do, it's your putter.

Titleist TS3 driver HZRDUS Smoke black

Titleist 917 F2 HZRDUS Smoke black

Titleist TS3 19 hybrid HZRDUS smoke black

Titleist T-100s 4-gap

Vokey sm8 54/14f and 60/12d 

TaylorMade Spider X chalk

Guys it’s a shaft band. Chill out. Freaking out over a shaft band but overlooked the fact that it’s a fake grip.

• Like 2

Taylormade M3 440 10* Tensei White Pro 60TX
Taylormade M2 Tour 16.5* Atmos Blue 7x
Taylormade M2 L.I.F.T. 2 KBS Hybrid Proto 85x
Miura CB57 Nippon SPB X
Vokey CF 52F/56M/60M S400 Onyx
Cameron Cami & Co Newport Beach 34/350

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/80141-ckays-witb-duw-update-on-pg-3/page__st__60__p__7710766__hl__+ckay#entry7710766"]WITB Link[/url]

So I have the Futura M6 with Black Matador Medium. I love my M6, but I’m wanting to move on a 2020 Newport 2 also. On the practice green I did putt pretty well with the Newport, just curious why that stock grip is so small, I know that was the original grip, and it’s funny so many that have big hands love that grip, and if I putt well with it in future, but love that one that’s on my M6, would I screw up the putter swapping that out you think guys?

You can custom order the new SC with the same Matador medium grip. I'm getting it with the oversize/large grip because I don't like the small pistolini grip either. It will feel different but I care more about having a larger grip size so I can lose a touch of feel with that grip.

• Like 1

Titleist TSi3 8 deg - Mitsubishi Diamana DF 70TX

Titleist TSi3 15 deg - Project X Even Flow T1100 White 85 6.5

Titleist 816 H2 19 deg - Mitsubishi Diamana D+ 90X

Titleist T200 4 - Project X 6.5

Titleist T100 5-PW - Project X 6.5

Vokey SM8 Jet Black 50.12 F, 54.10 S, 58.08 M - TT DG TI Black Onyx S400

Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

im the opposite, I'm falling in love with this small pistolini grip and so have my playing partners. That's their common comment "man, that has to be the best putting grip I have every putted with" followed by "i want to replace my putter grip with that one" and then I have to reply is a brand new one and is not yet available at retail (that I know of) - talking about the new pistolini plus

Has anyone tried the Special Select models with a matador oversize grip? Did you lose any feel with the larger grip?

I have pretty big hands and on those small grips I tend to overgrip and close the face at impact and pull putts

Callaway Mavrik Max 9* w/ VA Nemesys 55 Four

Cobra King F9 Speedback 14.5* Fujikura Pro 2.0 7s

Cobra King F9 Speedback 17* Fujikura Pro 2.0 7s

Mizuno JPX 919 Forged 4-P KBS $-Taper Lite PVD S

Mizuno JPX 919 50* Modus 105 S

Titleist Vokey SM7 54.08 M

Titleist Vokey SM7 60.04 L 

Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 34'

Bridgestone Tour B RX

Mizuno Pro Cart Bag - Staff

Thanks for all input, I agree with all that was said. Even though the grip is smaller than I like, it does putt well. So the grip that comes on the new select is the plus, this one in photo, right? Are you referring to the grip alone is not available or putter? I’m picking up a new NP2 today with that grip, I can’t custom order cause I have some clubs I’m trading even money, so I’ll take the one I tested a few times. Now they do have that medium grip and if you’re saying you put it on a new one and it didn’t change the weight or feel of the club I just felt better on your hands I’ll put a few times with the plus and then I’ll switch out if it doesn’t satisfy me thanks for all your input guys.

AG6MBUG815FO.jpeg