Any info on the Scotty Cameron Select 2020 line?

On every putter I ever owned I always swap out grip to Flatso 2.0, but with Scottie’s I never swap, I just figure they’ve designed that particular putter model, no matter which one it with that grip for a reason. I don’t know for some reason theirs seem to get off a little when I did once on an older one I bought years ago. Before being a Scotty convert I used to think you’re paying for the brand/name, but I found with them not true, they are that good, imho, my M6 is the best putter I’ve ever owned I think.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think this is still safe in my bag. Amazing how many people ask me if this is a Tour Scotty.

Thanks!! This helps

Callaway Mavrik Max 9* w/ VA Nemesys 55 Four

Cobra King F9 Speedback 14.5* Fujikura Pro 2.0 7s

Cobra King F9 Speedback 17* Fujikura Pro 2.0 7s

Mizuno JPX 919 Forged 4-P KBS $-Taper Lite PVD S

Mizuno JPX 919 50* Modus 105 S

Titleist Vokey SM7 54.08 M

Titleist Vokey SM7 60.04 L 

Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 34'

Bridgestone Tour B RX

Mizuno Pro Cart Bag - Staff

New topic on the Special

Given my peaked awareness on the shaft, from doing research on the CT TOUR shaft, the feedback & reviews.

When I putt I am fortunate that I can contact the butter spot frequently. I swear that I can feel the shaft vibrate, tuning fork? ?

I have a CT TOUR on the way. Will update this after I’ve used it for a bit.

Anyone else sense the vibration? I know there is a lot of variation with your putters; grips, weights, length, stroke, paint, ball type. So some may or may not sense this.Update 3/16: Very positive results with the CT TOUR. Feel zero play in the shaft, feels like one piece and solid. Mishits feel sound better too.

Well went to course this afternoon while 72 and cloudy cause rain then 30’s tomorrow, dang tired of this up and down weather, anyways what a smooth putter, have not used a blade since early 90’s!

Thought yeah this tiny head going to take some time to get used to. Was I wrong, it was so nice to putt with, if not in hole was right around, so accurate, predictable. So friend was watching I’m like yeah just picked it up, NP2, he’s looking, it a plain NP, I’m like what. So called my shop, yeah we did not have the 2, I said I swore was putting inside with 2, he said nope, oh well did I say I love the NP lol!

Took my newport to the course. Putted like crap with it. Ice cone to think it's too heavy. I prefer lighter putters. Typically, I'd get a 33 inch putter and pu 10 or 15 gram weights in. This indeed is 34 with 35 grahm weights. Cutting it down won't make that much difference. Any chance there will be 25 gram weights available? Until then, she's not seeing the course.

Titleist TS3 driver HZRDUS Smoke black

Titleist 917 F2 HZRDUS Smoke black

Titleist TS3 19 hybrid HZRDUS smoke black

Titleist T-100s 4-gap

Vokey sm8 54/14f and 60/12d 

TaylorMade Spider X chalk

I prefer lighter putters as well.

I received a 34.5” Newport 2.5 with 35g weights - D9. I can barely bench press the [email protected] thing. Ordered some 30g weights from the Bay. They made little difference. I have some 5g, 10g, and 15g Inbound. In meantime, I removed the 35g weights and actually like the feel with no weights installed. Suspect I’ll end up with the 5g or 10g installed.

• Like 1

Ordered a Newport 2 with red oversize matador grip today. These feel 100x better than the 2018 model I traded in.

Titleist TSi3 8 deg - Mitsubishi Diamana DF 70TX

Titleist TSi3 15 deg - Project X Even Flow T1100 White 85 6.5

Titleist 816 H2 19 deg - Mitsubishi Diamana D+ 90X

Titleist T200 4 - Project X 6.5

Titleist T100 5-PW - Project X 6.5

Vokey SM8 Jet Black 50.12 F, 54.10 S, 58.08 M - TT DG TI Black Onyx S400

Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

Without reading through the whole thread, anybody gaming any of the mallets? Seems a lot of people rolling with the NP and NP2... Thinking about trying something larger...

Titleist TSi2 9* Tensei AV 65 Raw White

Titleist 917f2 16.5* Diamana S+ 70s

Titleist 915h 21* Aldila Rogue black 85s

Titleist 718 CB 4-P PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Vokey SM6 52/12F, SM7 58/8M

Ping Anser Milled 2 34"

DD4IPOHGE9JE.jpegmy take on Caps putter

• Like 1

SIM Max USA Edition First Responders Tensei AV Raw Blue 6TX

Titleist TSI3 15 Tensei AV White 7x

PXG 0341X Gen2 18 (16.5)HZRDUS Smoke
PXG 0317X Gen 2 17 (18.5) Evenflow Hancrafted 6.5

PXG 0317X Gen 2 22 Riptide 6.5

Mizuno MP-20 MMC 5-P $ Taper 120
Vokey SM8 Blackout 50.08F
Vokey SM8 Blackout 54.10S
Mizuno S-21 58.08 
Scotty Cameron Special Select 5 Flowback Superstroke wristlock
TP5 Yellow

Tried one in the store yesterday too... Kind of wanted to walk out with it, it just felt a little lighter than I expected it would. Then I tried the Mizuno M Craft and fell in love. May try the Scotty down the road but passed for now.

Ping Anser Milled 2 34"

I thought about it but the Mizuno was $100 less and came with the weight kit... I was putting much better with it so I couldn't pass it up... Specials do look great though!

Ping Anser Milled 2 34"