MEMBER REVIEWS: L.A.B. Golf Putters! Read What Members Are Saying Now!

knudson81

1 hour ago, labgolf said:

Did you get grooves on your B.2?

The one i picked up has grooves on it. It's not a deal breaker, when I'm on the course it won't be as noticeable as in my basement. 

• Like 1

Lefty - WITB Thread

Driver: 10° Cobra LTDxLS | AD-IZ 6X 

3W: 15° Callaway Paradym X | AD-IZ 7X

3H: 19° Ping G410 | Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: PXG 0311P 4-6 | 0317CB 7-PW | DG 120 X100

Wedges: SM9 50° - 54° - 58° 

Putter(s): Ping PLD Anser 4K | CMD Gauge R | and more. 

Ball: TP5X 2024

Bag: Ghost Katana

You guys all shut up or you will cost me a lot of money. Been putting like crap the last couple of month and the DF is shouting at me louder and louder. Right now the only thing to hold me back is the price tag as I cant test it and resale value over in Europe is a big question mark ?

• Like 1

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5° @9.5°

Cobra Radspeed Big Tour @ 15.5°

Mizuno ST-Z 230 19°@20°

PING i230 4-U, +1/2", green dot
Cleveland RTX Zipcore 54° Full Sole

Cleveland RTX Zipcore 60° Mid Sole

L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1

@Bunkersarebigcups well, pay for the video fitting, at least you will know what angle works for you. See if you can find one on ebay, watch out for the sales etc

Now, it's not a sure fire way to cure your putting woes. Just like the Ping G400 Max is going to save your butt on a tight course. But it improves your chances, thats what putting is all about. Nothing is sure fire in.

Also, from my experience, I have putted with mine for years now and it pains me to see all my beautiful MACHINE, Byrons, Odysseys, 8802s etc etc putters- just sitting in my staff bag in the office.

There isn't any course that I have played where I had no confidence. Even brand new, never before played ones. Slow greens, fast greens. I also toe and heel putts without worries with my Directed Force. Bill Presse IV did a terrific job on mine with the head &  BGT shaft. Sight lines are laser PERFECT. Its so stealth black looking like a F117 Nighthawk, all you see and focus is the sight line. Eveything is black. No distraction whatsoever for my eyes to wander. To me that is the ultimate secret to this putter aside from lie balance. Sight line, ball & hole. Now roll it.

Best money I ever spent on any golf equipment and I paid full pop for it as well.

Edited by SwingBlues
  • Like 3

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 9*, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

@SwingBlues Im far from looking for a sure fire in club, as I know that does not exist. Im just crap with shorter putts, always have been. My current putter is super light at 330 grams and I really am so afraid of developing the Y*** that it might come from that anxiety alone lol.

I have heard great stuff about the video fitting but it still is A LOT of money for a putter that a. I never rolled before and b. is... unusual to say the least.

I personally do dig the looks somehow. Its so crazy looking that it looks great in my view.

Mizuno ST-Z 230 19°@20°

L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1

1 hour ago, Bunkersarebigcups said:

@SwingBlues Im far from looking for a sure fire in club, as I know that does not exist. Im just crap with shorter putts, always have been. My current putter is super light at 330 grams and I really am so afraid of developing the Y*** that it might come from that anxiety alone lol.

I have heard great stuff about the video fitting but it still is A LOT of money for a putter that a. I never rolled before and b. is... unusual to say the least.

I personally do dig the looks somehow. Its so crazy looking that it looks great in my view.

I'm in the exact same boat... though my cousin randomly bought one and I rolled a few with his BLAD. It was nice! Definitely made short putts feel easy... worth the money? I haven't bought one yet (but my golf budget is at $0)

As of  10/11/2021

9 Callaway Mavrk Sub Zero with Ventus Black 7X

13 Degree Srixon 3 wood Project X Black 6.5

19 Degree Sub70 939 Pro with Proforce V2

4 Utility Sub70 699u 22 degree Proforce V2

5-GW Srixon Zx5 with Project X 6.5

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

SeeMore milled Tri-Mallet fit and built at SeeMore 

My putting has been so bad lately that I have been considering this putter.... I am to the point I will do almost anything to make couple more putts per round.. 

Except take lessons... 

• Like 1

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

On 9/17/2020 at 4:02 AM, Bunkersarebigcups said:

You guys all shut up or you will cost me a lot of money. Been putting like crap the last couple of month and the DF is shouting at me louder and louder. Right now the only thing to hold me back is the price tag as I cant test it and resale value over in Europe is a big question mark ?

email [email protected] we have a bunch of factory second/minor blemmish putters going for around 300

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Myherobobhope said:

I'm in the exact same boat... though my cousin randomly bought one and I rolled a few with his BLAD. It was nice! Definitely made short putts feel easy... worth the money? I haven't bought one yet (but my golf budget is at $0)

We have a bunch of factory seconds with minor blems on them for sale right now. Do a remote fitting and email [email protected]

54 minutes ago, QuigleyDU said:

My putting has been so bad lately that I have been considering this putter.... I am to the point I will do almost anything to make couple more putts per round.. 

Except take lessons... 

Now is the time! we ahve a bunch of factory seconds/ minor blem putters for sale around $250-$300. email [email protected]

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, labgolf said:

email [email protected] we have a bunch of factory second/minor blemmish putters going for around 300

I live in Reno. Can I just come pick one up?? haha. 

BALL; Chrome Soft X

9 minutes ago, labgolf said:

possibly but still need to email Matt first and get your specs and CC and all.

Sounds good. 

• Like 1

BALL; Chrome Soft X

4 hours ago, labgolf said:

We have a bunch of factory seconds with minor blems on them for sale right now. Do a remote fitting and email [email protected]

Ha, I love you guys and would love to do that, but I will have to catch the next sale... I'm currently injured and can't play anyway.

• Like 1

As of  10/11/2021

9 Callaway Mavrk Sub Zero with Ventus Black 7X

13 Degree Srixon 3 wood Project X Black 6.5

19 Degree Sub70 939 Pro with Proforce V2

4 Utility Sub70 699u 22 degree Proforce V2

5-GW Srixon Zx5 with Project X 6.5

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

SeeMore milled Tri-Mallet fit and built at SeeMore 

6 hours ago, labgolf said:

That sounds great! Will definetely consider that!

• Like 1

Mizuno ST-Z 230 19°@20°

L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1

Ordered.. Well here is to hoping that I have more made putts in my future. This will be the second of these I have owned. The first was not fit but I did like the idea.. 

• Like 1

BALL; Chrome Soft X

On 9/23/2020 at 3:13 AM, bd59 said:

They’ve definitely found something, but I wish they could make the face a bit more “hot” or “fast”.  I absolutely loved everything about the putter except for leaving everything short. I had to pound the ball to get it there and I play on slow greens most of the time.

Lots of folks have this issue at first. Ball speed off the face is comparable to other putters on the market. The issue is that the absense of torque can make the head "disappear" from long range. The trick is to swing the putter longer, not harder if that makes sense. Lemme know is that helps!

• Like 2

So I finally pretty much made my decision. Going to gift a DF 2.1 to myself for Christmas. One last question is, wether I will have to pay import taxes if I'm in Europe (Germany/Austria) or if the price on the website is also viable for buyers across the pond. Did anyone order one from Europe?

Edited by Bunkersarebigcups

Mizuno ST-Z 230 19°@20°

L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1

On 9/24/2020 at 9:00 AM, labgolf said:

Lots of folks have this issue at first. Ball speed off the face is comparable to other putters on the market. The issue is that the absense of torque can make the head "disappear" from long range. The trick is to swing the putter longer, not harder if that makes sense. Lemme know is that helps!

I have this issue with my 1.0

but I just need to get comfortable taking a longer stroke

love/hate relationship lol 

• Like 1

PXG 0311XF Gen 5 7.5* Ventus Black 6X
Titleist 913D2 12* UST Mamiya Tour Green 75X
PXG Gen5 19* Ventus Black 10TX
Maltby TE Forged 4-G
Maltby TSW DRM 56 and 60
Taylormade Spider Long Broomstick
#vietnameeh

THE GOLF GARAGE SAN JOSE

2 hours ago, vietnameeh said:

We have made huge improvements for feel and speed control since the Directed Force Reno 1.0. If you are looking for a deal on a new one, we have a bunch of scratch and dents in really great shape. email [email protected]

• Like 1

On 10/1/2020 at 7:56 PM, vietnameeh said:

Some of your distance control issue may be related to striking it. Check this video out by Bill Presse IV:

It is imperative to set the point where the shaft meets the head right in the middle under your belt buckle.

That really helps him to get the best possible strike on the ball CONSISTENTLY = best distance control. Ever.

Putting is the least practiced part of my game, it is point and shoot. Literally.

Edited by SwingBlues
  • Like 3

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 9*, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

9 hours ago, dlow206 said:

@labgolf - do you swingweight/lie angle balance the heads based on the grip weight? basically what i am asking is do you balance the heads based on which specific grip i choose?

The grip does effect the way it balances, yes. That being said, if you order with an OG 3° but then want a Press II,3°, the added torque is likely negligible. Is that what you mean?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, labgolf said:

The grip does effect the way it balances, yes. That being said, if you order with an OG 3° but then want a Press II,3°, the added torque is likely negligible. Is that what you mean?

Yes, that was my question. I picked up a factory second on ebay with the right lie angle and length spec, and was wondering if i would screw it up if i decide in the future to switch from an OG 3 to a Press II, 3.

• Like 2

Hi @labgolf any idea where I might be able to demo or roll both the DF2.1 and the B.2 in the LA/Pasadena area? I looked at the fitters in the area, and the shops on there are all a bit of a drive. Since I submitted a video fitting, I don't need to visit in person fitter (there's one about 20 miles away or so I think) but any idea where I might be able to roll these? 

Also, any timeline on build/ship time? Heading out for a weeklong golf trip end of November and I'd love to potentially have a new toy haha

I just got my factory second from the bay, and this thing is ridiculous (ridiculously awesome that is). I still need to look at the tips on how to setup properly with the putter, but even without that, the ball is rolling better than ever with carpet putting. I have some balls from Eyeline golf that are half white/half black for practice putting. When I put with the DF 2.1, there is no wobble.

The other thing I noticed, when I take the putter back, it feels like a feather but super stable and on path. Its a way different feel than any other putter.

EDIT: After putting for a while inside, i noticed when i am missing, i am pulling my putts. @labgolf - any thoughts on what I am doing wrong?

Edited by dlow206

I putted with one of these for the first time the other day at a PGASS.  I was using the DF 2.1 and it was unbelievable.  I picked it up almost as a joke to see what it felt like because it looked so weird and I have only seen Adam Scott use it in the past.  Much to my surprise, I almost walked out of the store with a new putter, but figured I should get fit first.  I was amazed at what I felt.  It was soooo stable through the stroke, it literally felt like cheating.  I SUCK at putting inside 10 feet and I feel I could make 85% of these.  This could really be the pick me up I need when it comes to putting.  

I did notice the putters they had in stock said DF 2.1T2 (squared) on them.  I have been unable to find any information on the squared part, as all of the ones Ive seen and read about online are just the DF 2.1T.  Any info on these?  @labgolf

1 hour ago, TylerJ89 said:

I putted with one of these for the first time the other day at a PGASS.  I was using the DF 2.1 and it was unbelievable.  I picked it up almost as a joke to see what it felt like because it looked so weird and I have only seen Adam Scott use it in the past.  Much to my surprise, I almost walked out of the store with a new putter, but figured I should get fit first.  I was amazed at what I felt.  It was soooo stable through the stroke, it literally felt like cheating.  I SUCK at putting inside 10 feet and I feel I could make 85% of these.  This could really be the pick me up I need when it comes to putting.  

I did notice the putters they had in stock said DF 2.1T2 (squared) on them.  I have been unable to find any information on the squared part, as all of the ones Ive seen and read about online are just the DF 2.1T.  Any info on these?  @labgolf

I think they stated somewhere that the "T2" stands for tungsten as they now use tungsten for the weighting. Was somewhere in this thread I think

Edited by Bunkersarebigcups

Mizuno ST-Z 230 19°@20°

L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1

Just now, TylerJ89 said:

I think that was the difference from the 2.0 to the 2.1T.  Ive seen both 2.1T's and 2.1T2(squared)'s

Ah, thats interesting then. Thanks for the heads up!

• Like 1

Mizuno ST-Z 230 19°@20°

L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1