MEMBER REVIEWS: L.A.B. Golf Putters! Read What Members Are Saying Now!

knudson81

On 10/6/2020 at 12:57 PM, dlow206 said:

I just got my factory second from the bay, and this thing is ridiculous (ridiculously awesome that is). I still need to look at the tips on how to setup properly with the putter, but even without that, the ball is rolling better than ever with carpet putting. I have some balls from Eyeline golf that are half white/half black for practice putting. When I put with the DF 2.1, there is no wobble.

The other thing I noticed, when I take the putter back, it feels like a feather but super stable and on path. Its a way different feel than any other putter.

EDIT: After putting for a while inside, i noticed when i am missing, i am pulling my putts. @labgolf - any thoughts on what I am doing wrong?

Figured out my issue with pulling putts with the DF 2.1. Changed my posture slightly (little bit more bent over). That mostly fixed the pulled putts.

• Like 1

@labgolf - i am going to reshaft my DF 2.1 with a Stability shaft that i got a good deal on. i have reshafter another putter with a Stability shaft and have done other club work, so that part is not an issue. was wondering if there is anything unique about how the existing shaft is installed on the DF 2.1 that is different from a normal putter?

EDIT: I was able to talk to Matt and get my questions answered.

Edited by dlow206

For anyone considering changing out the stock KBS shaft with a Stability shaft and are considering doing it themselves, two things based on my experience from today:

• If you use the method of installing the Stability shaft where you cut off part of the old shaft, the stock KBS shaft is heavily tipped. Stability shaft says to cut 8.25" above the putter head, but if you measure the diameter of the stock KBS shaft in the Stability shaft, it is above 0.400" which won't fit into any of the Stability shaft adapters

• If you want to use the method where you put in a full Stability shaft including the straight in tip that comes with it, this one is not easy either. Some of the older versions of the DF 2.1 (I think Matt said March and earlier), uses an interference fit (i.e. not just putting the epoxy on the tip, but pounding the shaft into the head for a super tight fit). LAB does not recommend pulling the shaft on the versions with the interference fit, but I did it anyway. Even with a lot of heat, its not as easy as pulling an iron or putter with a steel shaft. I had to keep twisting with all of my strength to get that thing out. Got it out successfully though, and then put in the new tip that comes with the Stability shaft by putting on epoxy and pounding it in with a rubber mallet.
  • Like 1

Played my first round yesterday with the DF 2.1. At first, had some struggles with distance control, was actually hitting putts long, I think because of how light the putter head feels even though its not light at all. After getting acquainted with the putter, distance control became much better. Almost made a 50 footer that was severely uphill, two levels.

The best thing about the putter is that the ball rolls on the line I intend it to roll on. Now I just need to get better at reading putts.

• Like 3

Had my first round with the B.2 this morning and I'll preface this by saying I haven't played in a month and the course I played is coming off tournament conditions so it's still quite fast and not friendly pin placements. Excuses aside I'll give my initial impression of the B.2 but my results didn't match my standard putting round and this was a 1 off.

I had 37 putts(2.1 putts/hole) my average this year is 1.6-ish. My strokes gain according to Arccos was -1.6, but 0-10 feet I was +1.2 but unfortunately from 10-25 feet I was -2.4 which killed me today as I couldn't get distance control down. Like @dlow206 said the putter feels quite light and I'm honestly use to something a little heavier on the feel.

The roll looked and felt solid for the most part, I do have to get my stroke cadence down soon, I find with the B.2 I can't have a quick stroke like I do with a heavier putter. The line wasn't bad, I never really missed a putt badly, was either a bad read on my part or just didn't break as expected. Again worst part was distance control, for the most part I was long but trying to avoid that I left some putts short.

Overall I can see the potential with this putter, I have 1 more round on the year before I shut things down so will use this putter again I think but it's not an easy course and not sure on condition.

• Like 3

Lefty - WITB Thread

Driver: 10° Cobra LTDxLS | AD-IZ 6X 

3W: 15° Callaway Paradym X | AD-IZ 7X

3H: 19° Ping G410 | Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: PXG 0311P 4-6 | 0317CB 7-PW | DG 120 X100

Wedges: SM9 50° - 54° - 58° 

Putter(s): Ping PLD Anser 4K | CMD Gauge R | and more. 

Ball: TP5X 2024

Bag: Ghost Katana

26 minutes ago, MattM97 said:

Had my first round with the B.2 this morning and I'll preface this by saying I haven't played in a month and the course I played is coming off tournament conditions so it's still quite fast and not friendly pin placements. Excuses aside I'll give my initial impression of the B.2 but my results didn't match my standard putting round and this was a 1 off.

I had 37 putts(2.1 putts/hole) my average this year is 1.6-ish. My strokes gain according to Arccos was -1.6, but 0-10 feet I was +1.2 but unfortunately from 10-25 feet I was -2.4 which killed me today as I couldn't get distance control down. Like @dlow206 said the putter feels quite light and I'm honestly use to something a little heavier on the feel.

The roll looked and felt solid for the most part, I do have to get my stroke cadence down soon, I find with the B.2 I can't have a quick stroke like I do with a heavier putter. The line wasn't bad, I never really missed a putt badly, was either a bad read on my part or just didn't break as expected. Again worst part was distance control, for the most part I was long but trying to avoid that I left some putts short.

Overall I can see the potential with this putter, I have 1 more round on the year before I shut things down so will use this putter again I think but it's not an easy course and not sure on condition.

The crazy thing with both the B2 and the DF 2.1 is that the headweight isn't even light, supposed to be 370 grams and up. I currently have the OG grip, which is heavier, which would decrease the swingweight, but this thing feels really light, like no other putter I have ever tried. On the front 9, i was blasting the ball past the hole on lag putts, like 5 feet or more past. But I got more used to it on the back 9 and the distance control got much better. 

On 10/5/2020 at 10:13 PM, jml4 said:

Hi @labgolf any idea where I might be able to demo or roll both the DF2.1 and the B.2 in the LA/Pasadena area? I looked at the fitters in the area, and the shops on there are all a bit of a drive. Since I submitted a video fitting, I don't need to visit in person fitter (there's one about 20 miles away or so I think) but any idea where I might be able to roll these? 

Also, any timeline on build/ship time? Heading out for a weeklong golf trip end of November and I'd love to potentially have a new toy haha

Sorry for the delayed response. Club Champion has one of each model though not sure if you can walk in and demo. What we have on the site is what we have unfortunately.

On 10/8/2020 at 3:27 AM, TylerJ89 said:

I putted with one of these for the first time the other day at a PGASS.  I was using the DF 2.1 and it was unbelievable.  I picked it up almost as a joke to see what it felt like because it looked so weird and I have only seen Adam Scott use it in the past.  Much to my surprise, I almost walked out of the store with a new putter, but figured I should get fit first.  I was amazed at what I felt.  It was soooo stable through the stroke, it literally felt like cheating.  I SUCK at putting inside 10 feet and I feel I could make 85% of these.  This could really be the pick me up I need when it comes to putting.  

I did notice the putters they had in stock said DF 2.1T2 (squared) on them.  I have been unable to find any information on the squared part, as all of the ones Ive seen and read about online are just the DF 2.1T.  Any info on these?  @labgolf

The squared is just some internal stuff we did and wanted to bench mark the changes. Nothing performance related, just manufacturing stuff. You should check out our remote fitting on the site. Super simple, quick and free!

• Like 1

You (L.A.B) are really creating some buzz on the web lately. Peter Finch's review is actually a big surprise to me, as he tends to like "classic" putters, so him bagging the DF 2.1 is as big an endorsement and confirmation of the performance as you'll ever get!

• Like 3

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5° @9.5°

Cobra Radspeed Big Tour @ 15.5°

Mizuno ST-Z 230 19°@20°

PING i230 4-U, +1/2", green dot
Cleveland RTX Zipcore 54° Full Sole

Cleveland RTX Zipcore 60° Mid Sole

L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1

7 hours ago, Bunkersarebigcups said:

You (L.A.B) are really creating some buzz on the web lately. Peter Finch's review is actually a big surprise to me, as he tends to like "classic" putters, so him bagging the DF 2.1 is as big an endorsement and confirmation of the performance as you'll ever get!

Yeah that was super cool to see. Hope he sticks with it!

• Like 3

I finished my self-install of the Stability shaft in my DF 2.1. I was told it could alter the balance a bit, but I am not noticing anything negative in that regard, i really can't feel any difference in the balance. Rolls great so far with the Stability shaft indoors. I also order the Press 2M grip, but I think I am really liking the OG grip, going to keep that one on there for now.

@labgolf how much difference is there between the 2.1 and 2.1T. I know the difference is the tungsten weighting, but is the difference actually very noticeable? any other differences?

41 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

I finished my self-install of the Stability shaft in my DF 2.1. I was told it could alter the balance a bit, but I am not noticing anything negative in that regard, i really can't feel any difference in the balance. Rolls great so far with the Stability shaft indoors. I also order the Press 2M grip, but I think I am really liking the OG grip, going to keep that one on there for now.

@labgolf how much difference is there between the 2.1 and 2.1T. I know the difference is the tungsten weighting, but is the difference actually very noticeable? any other differences?

No, the changes effected manufacturing, not performance

18 hours ago, labgolf said:

Sorry for the delayed response. Club Champion has one of each model though not sure if you can walk in and demo. What we have on the site is what we have unfortunately.

No worries, I was actually able to roll both the DF 2.1 and the B.2 at a PGA Superstore. Really liking both, and with my remote fitting done, I'm getting ready to order! Any sort of WRX friendly promos out there?

• Like 2

16 hours ago, jml4 said:

No worries, I was actually able to roll both the DF 2.1 and the B.2 at a PGA Superstore. Really liking both, and with my remote fitting done, I'm getting ready to order! Any sort of WRX friendly promos out there?

I'm wondering the same thing!  That would be awesome if there were @labgolf 🙂

Sent in my remote fitting video yesterday after another embarrassing day on the greens.  Took me a few days, but I’ve read every post on this 23 pg thread and am tentatively excited for 2021 season with a 2.1 in hand.  

• Like 3

Driver TSR3 9* & 11* Ventus TR Blue 6x (10K - Testing)

Fairway TSr3 4W Ventus TR Red 7x

Fairway  TS 7W Ventus TR Blue 8x

Irons Ping i210’s with DG 120 x-100’s +1/2”

Wedges Glide Forged Pros 50*,54*,58* DG 120 s300 +1/2”

Putter Armlock💪🏼

Ball Vice Pro Plus

Pulled the trigger after L.A.B. sent me the results of my virtual fitting (less than 24hrs).  Got even luckier they had a discounted model in my spec with the alignment aid and grip that I wanted. (Like it was meant to be!) Pretty cool considering I’ve never seen one first hand let alone test drove one.  

• Like 4

Putter Armlock💪🏼

Ball Vice Pro Plus

On 10/13/2020 at 10:25 AM, jml4 said:

Nothing at the moment unfortunately. We MAY do something around the holidays but it won't be much.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, labgolf said:

Nothing at the moment unfortunately. We MAY do something around the holidays but it won't be much.

I have a custom putter from Bastain Milled and do not plan on getting a different putter ever, but I wanted to take the time to say good job on being active to customers on the forum as well as putting out great products.  I look forward to following your success and wish you the best.  

• Like 2

Driver:    2021 Cobra Rad Speed Peacote 9* w Kuro Kage 60g Silver TiNi Dual-Core Shaft 

Fairway Woods: 2014 Adams Tight Lies 14° 3 Wood w Kuro Kage 65g Shaft tipped 1 inch

2015 Adams Tight Lies 22° 7 Wood w Kuro Kage 65g Shaft tipped 1 inch

Irons:  2016 Nike Vapor Fly 4-AW   

Wedges:  2017 Cleveland CBX 56°& 60°wedge              
Shafts:  Matrix Ozik Program F15 85S Graphite Shafts 4i - 60°

Grips:   Superstroke S-Tech + 2 Wraps
Putter:  Gamer -  2020 Odyssey Stroke Lab 7s Black w Superstroke Claw 1.0 grip at 35in.

Backup - Custom Built Bastain Milled Prototype w Px 6.0 shaft and Lamkin Deep Etched Cord Grip at 33in.

Ball:  Taylor Made 21' Rocketballz            Bag:  Ogio Fuse Whiskey            Glove: MG Dyna-Grip Elite             Current Shoes: True Linkswear Motion phx

33 minutes ago, mvhoffman said:

I have a custom putter from Bastain Milled and do not plan on getting a different putter ever, but I wanted to take the time to say good job on being active to customers on the forum as well as putting out great products.  I look forward to following your success and wish you the best.  

Thanks! is that the putter pictured in your profile? Its a beauty!

34 minutes ago, labgolf said:

Thanks! is that the putter pictured in your profile? Its a beauty!

it is... check out Bastain Milled on IG or Bastainmilled.com

Kyle is a true artist

Driver:    2021 Cobra Rad Speed Peacote 9* w Kuro Kage 60g Silver TiNi Dual-Core Shaft 

Fairway Woods: 2014 Adams Tight Lies 14° 3 Wood w Kuro Kage 65g Shaft tipped 1 inch

2015 Adams Tight Lies 22° 7 Wood w Kuro Kage 65g Shaft tipped 1 inch

Irons:  2016 Nike Vapor Fly 4-AW   

Wedges:  2017 Cleveland CBX 56°& 60°wedge              
Shafts:  Matrix Ozik Program F15 85S Graphite Shafts 4i - 60°

Grips:   Superstroke S-Tech + 2 Wraps
Putter:  Gamer -  2020 Odyssey Stroke Lab 7s Black w Superstroke Claw 1.0 grip at 35in.

Backup - Custom Built Bastain Milled Prototype w Px 6.0 shaft and Lamkin Deep Etched Cord Grip at 33in.

Ball:  Taylor Made 21' Rocketballz            Bag:  Ogio Fuse Whiskey            Glove: MG Dyna-Grip Elite             Current Shoes: True Linkswear Motion phx

I played the original Directed Force for about three years after Monte turning me onto it.  It stayed in the bag quite a while.  It retired to the garage last year,  I didn't sell it though, as I know it will make a comeback maybe one day.  My big complaint with it was the face was so slow, it was good on fast greens but I had to hammer it on slow greens.

I have been struggling as of late with the putter, so I just pulled the trigger on the B2.  L.A.B. had a second close to my specs so it was a good deal.  Should be here Friday.  Can't wait.

• Like 2

Ping G430 Max 9* Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue 6X
Ping G425 Max 14.5 Alta CB 65S
Callaway Rogue ST Max 18* Tensei Blue 75S

PXG 0211 XCOR2 5-GW
Titleist SM9  52*F 56*D and 60*D
L.A.B. Link1/Scotty Newport
Srixon Z Star XV

2.1 just came in.  As a left aimer, I’m using removable vinyl stickers to modify the existing sightline.  

0C8192CA-77D8-4B53-9BB2-D4958B8148BB.jpeg

C1CB4C9A-62FF-4115-9F78-EF397E9C5BFD.jpeg

981A74A0-E28A-4D68-AEC4-75079C32D2F8.jpeg

• Like 2

Putter Armlock💪🏼

Ball Vice Pro Plus

Question for @labgolf the stock grip on the B.2 which is the Press II 1.5 for the curious. Does that have any forward press in it? The B.2 I got has a Winn grip on it, nice grip honestly but I find myself needing just a touch of forward press to really get a nice roll and feel with the putter. If it does I may have to order the grip just to eliminate that constant press. 

Lefty - WITB Thread

19 hours ago, MattM97 said:

Question for @labgolf the stock grip on the B.2 which is the Press II 1.5 for the curious. Does that have any forward press in it? The B.2 I got has a Winn grip on it, nice grip honestly but I find myself needing just a touch of forward press to really get a nice roll and feel with the putter. If it does I may have to order the grip just to eliminate that constant press. 

Yeah, all of the LAB grips are built with forward press.

• Like 1

Just now, jml4 said:

Yeah, all of the LAB grips are built with forward press.

Might have to invest in the grip for the B.2 in the off season. Honestly the press vs no press is huge on these putter, more so on the DF2.1 compared to the B.2. Which means I'm probably going to bench my B.2 on my last round this year. 

Lefty - WITB Thread

On 10/20/2020 at 1:27 PM, MattM97 said:

The Press II, 1.5° has a perfect amount of lean for the B.2

• Like 2