MEMBER REVIEWS: L.A.B. Golf Putters! Read What Members Are Saying Now!

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey Folks, my name is Sam Hahn. I am the CEO at L.A.B. Golf and I am having so much fun seeing these reviews! I also love seeing the community at work. Talking to each other about things you've notice

I thought the same thing. Took about 4 holes. ANYTHING looks good when the ball starts going in the middle of the hole!

No way I was forking out that much dough on a putter I’ve never seen, touched or rolled first hand either!  Luckily they have a plethora of factory seconds on their eBay store.   Watch the v

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Taylor310 said:

Without being able to try either in person would you recommend a Press II 3 or OG 3 for a DF 2.1 putter @labgolf

I went with OG3 because I’m left handed and didn’t want to deal with an upside down grip.  I’d really like to try the Press II but have to say the OG works fine.  Why not buy it with an OG and then buy the Press II as a backup?

Any new designs in the works? Looking for something with this tech but a more traditional size mallet shape.

TaylorMade Kingdom M4 9.5* Red 5S stiff Atmos 44.5”
TaylorMade M4 3HL 16.5* fairway stiff Atmos
TaylorMade M4 3 hybrid stiff Atmos
TaylorMade M4 4 hybrid stiff Atmos
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s
Callaway Apex CF19  5-A w/KBS $-Taper 120
Cleveland RTX 54*
Cleveland RTX 58*
Seemore si5, si3 and Directed Force 2.0
Garmin g6/Precision Pro Nx7 Pro slope
http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/838786-cwings-witb-2013/
https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

• Took a while to get used to not using my hands at impact. taking the thumbs off helped but on the course, all those years of managing torque is hard to eliminate. old habits kick in time to time. I was reading the greens correctly, but most of my putts missed by an inch.
  • short putts are just easy
  • the roll is so pure! something I never could've done with a conventional putter (amateur weekend golfer, no time to practice putting as much)
  • the speed also is difficult b/c im finding the middle of the face way more often than my spider and its rolling way better than Im used to. 
  • amazing product but definitely need that adjustment period. I'm aiming for next month to get it dialed in. 

On 10/18/2020 at 7:19 AM, PingPoncho said:

Anyone try the blue or nickel color in this putter?

Anyone get the stability tour shaft?

what alignment aid do you think works best for right handed, left eye dominant and most putts missed to the right?

I just received my nickel. It's not the matte silver i imagined. rather a coated silver with a bronze tint. the black alignment is also more muted than the contrasting black/white combo. Not what I imagined but I guess it'll grow on me! 

On 10/25/2020 at 8:54 AM, Taylor310 said:

Without being able to try either in person would you recommend a Press II 3 or OG 3 for a DF 2.1 putter @labgolf

I personally prefer the OG. It is an unusual shape but I feel it promotes getting the hands a bit more underneath the grip which tends to neutralize them a bit which is great for our tech. That said, the Press II is our most popular by far. Its similar in shape to a Superstroke 2.0 and with so many weird things going on with the putter, its nice to have at least one aspect feel a bit familiar.

• Like 1
On 10/25/2020 at 6:08 PM, bjyp said:
  • Took a while to get used to not using my hands at impact. taking the thumbs off helped but on the course, all those years of managing torque is hard to eliminate. old habits kick in time to time. I was reading the greens correctly, but most of my putts missed by an inch.
  • short putts are just easy
  • the roll is so pure! something I never could've done with a conventional putter (amateur weekend golfer, no time to practice putting as much)
  • the speed also is difficult b/c im finding the middle of the face way more often than my spider and its rolling way better than Im used to. 
  • amazing product but definitely need that adjustment period. I'm aiming for next month to get it dialed in. 

I just received my nickel. It's not the matte silver i imagined. rather a coated silver with a bronze tint. the black alignment is also more muted than the contrasting black/white combo. Not what I imagined but I guess it'll grow on me! 

Hit us up through the website if you want some help dialing it in!

• Like 1
On 10/21/2020 at 11:37 AM, TylerJ89 said:

Well...... just put in my order for a DF 2.1!   That was by far the most expensive putter I've ever bought ($525), but I know it will be worth it once I start sinking putts from all over the green!  I honestly cannot wait.

I received my putter yesterday!  Ordered on 10/21 and it arrived 10/29.  Extremely fast shipping!

Let me start by saying.... wow.  This putter is absolute quality.  Everything was professionally packed and the putter feels so solid.  I've rolled these a few times at the PGASS, but there's just something about finally having my own.  Great feeling.  

I did the virtual online fitting process and was fit to 34.5" at 67* lie and this is spot on!  The sole is perfectly flat on the ground and the length is perfect.  I was a little skeptical of spending $525 on a custom putter and not physically going to a fitter, but the virtual online fitting has received a lot of praise for being extremely accurate, and I can now vouch for that.  If you're on the fence about it, do it.  These guys know their stuff.

I do have one question for all of you DF 2.1 users (or @labgolf)....

Whenever I sole the putter and set up to it, the face tends to want to close a little bit, causing me to adjust the face so its square.  Once its square, it stays square.  Its not a huge deal, but I noticed all of the putters in the PGASS did this as well.  Its an easy fix, but I feel like the face should square up once the putter is soled so there is no adjusting.  Or maybe there is a certain reason for it?  I have watched Bill Presse's video on YouTube regarding ball placement as well, and even after adjusting, it still seems to want to close a little bit.

Either way.... this thing is an absolute beauty and I cant wait to get it out on the course.  Putting is by far the worst part of my game, especially around the 5'-7' range.  Although I've only rolled this at the PGASS, the 5'-7' putts feel like cheating.  It is insane.  The technology is real. 

df2.1 2.jpg

df2.1.jpg

Edited by TylerJ89
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, TylerJ89 said:

I received my putter yesterday!  Ordered on 10/21 and it arrived 10/29.  Extremely fast shipping!

Let me start by saying.... wow.  This putter is absolute quality.  Everything was professionally packed and the putter feels so solid.  I've rolled these a few times at the PGASS, but there's just something about finally having my own.  Great feeling.  

I did the virtual online fitting process and was fit to 34.5" at 67* lie and this is spot on!  The sole is perfectly flat on the ground and the length is perfect.  I was a little skeptical of spending $525 on a custom putter and not physically going to a fitter, but the virtual online fitting has received a lot of praise for being extremely accurate, and I can now vouch for that.  If you're on the fence about it, do it.  These guys know their stuff.

I do have one question for all of you DF 2.1 users (or @labgolf)....

Whenever I sole the putter and set up to it, the face tends to want to close a little bit, causing me to adjust the face so its square.  Once its square, it stays square.  Its not a huge deal, but I noticed all of the putters in the PGASS did this as well.  Its an easy fix, but I feel like the face should square up once the putter is soled so there is no adjusting.  Or maybe there is a certain reason for it?  I have watched Bill Presse's video on YouTube regarding ball placement as well, and even after adjusting, it still seems to want to close a little bit.

Either way.... this thing is an absolute beauty and I cant wait to get it out on the course.  Putting is by far the worst part of my game, especially around the 5'-7' range.  Although I've only rolled this at the PGASS, the 5'-7' putts feel like cheating.  It is insane.  The technology is real. 

df2.1 2.jpg

df2.1.jpg

This video explains ball position for this putter. I found it helpful. Bottom line is that you have to play the ball slightly forward to get the face to sit square. Good luck, they make a great product

• Like 1
On 10/17/2020 at 3:19 PM, PingPoncho said:

Anyone try the blue or nickel color in this putter?

Anyone get the stability tour shaft?

what alignment aid do you think works best for right handed, left eye dominant and most putts missed to the right?

I have the nickel finish and it is beautiful, and the most durable from what the L.A.B. guys say.  I have the #27 alignment aid, as that gives me a nice long line for my eye to determine where I have it aimed.

Make sure you have the bottom tip of the SHAFT in the middle of your stance (ball is then forward), otherwise you can set up open, which would promote a push to the right.

On 10/21/2020 at 9:37 AM, TylerJ89 said:

Well...... just put in my order for a DF 2.1!   That was by far the most expensive putter I've ever bought ($525), but I know it will be worth it once I start sinking putts from all over the green!  I honestly cannot wait.

Since the putter is the most used stick in the bag (40% is the number I've heard most often), it has absolutely EVERY RIGHT to be the most expensive.  That is versus the 14 times the big dog is pulled out and used (typically).

I can almost guarantee you will be well pleased with your purchase, and the performance of the 2.1 !  Remember, LIGHT grip pressure (practice with your thumbs OFF the putter, and then lay them back on gently); and make sure the bottom tip of the shaft is in the middle of your stance (ball is then forward).

On 10/25/2020 at 12:41 PM, Cwing said:

Any new designs in the works? Looking for something with this tech but a more traditional size mallet shape.

You'd get over the look REAL quick, and with so many putts rattling the bottom of the cup you won't give a rip what it looks like.  The 2.1 is so forgiving of toe or heel strikes, that I am able to look at the flag stick when I take my stroke (or other target if lots of break on the putt), which REALLY helps me with my distance control.

Just like the B.2 is not as forgiving (I tried it too, and decided to go with the 2.1 as my gamer); if they design anything smaller it will be LESS forgiving (the laws of physics being what they are).

7 hours ago, NevinW said:

I have an old DF 2.0 that I got when I lived in Reno 6-7 years ago. I was fit for it at Somersett and it is 72 degrees.  I've struggled with it and I think it is too flat.  Is it worth looking at the 2.1 and getting re-fit?  

The remote fitting works PERFECTLY.  Send in your video, and they will let you know.

1 hour ago, 5baytjd said:

Since the putter is the most used stick in the bag (40% is the number I've heard most often), it has absolutely EVERY RIGHT to be the most expensive.  That is versus the 14 times the big dog is pulled out and used (typically).

I can almost guarantee you will be well pleased with your purchase, and the performance of the 2.1 !  Remember, LIGHT grip pressure (practice with your thumbs OFF the putter, and then lay them back on gently); and make sure the bottom tip of the shaft is in the middle of your stance (ball is then forward).

I appreciate these tips!  It’s funny you say that because I was putting on a very short rug we have in our kitchen this morning and noticed that I really can’t put any pressure at all on the grip, or it defeats the entire purpose of the putter.  I was barely holding onto the grip (just enough to where it wouldn’t fall onto the ground) and noticed I was far more accurate.  

I’ve been putting the tip of the shaft in the middle, but right when I do that, it’s like the face wants to shut a little bit and I have to open it back up.  It’s almost like the back/outside part of the putter is causing it to shut.  Maybe I’m just crazy.  

HUGE shout out to @labgolf .  Last week I sent an email with question after doing an online fitting.  Next thing I know, Matt (Sam's -the CEO's right hand man), calls me, text's me, and emails me.  We had a great conversation about R&D, Adam Scott, and putting.  Super cool. 

Purchased this beauty and just received it today. 

Can't wait to show off this Spaceship and sink putts.  Lol. 

@labgolf wish you guys great success and growth.  You have an awesome product.  Thanks for the wonderful customer service.  

LAB 2.jpeg

Edited by ajhkef
  • Like 3

Rolled some putts on my ExPutt for a bit. Seem to be doing pretty well with the face at impact. I seem to want to cut across the ball for some reason more than I've previously done(I can live with this as face at impact is soooo much more important). The face seems less hot than my SpiderX. I make my 10 foot stroke with the DF and I seem to be short quite a bit, I expected with the ball so much more forward I would need a shorter backstroke, but so far that doesn't seem to be the case. It could also be an illusion and I'm making a shorter stroke since the head is so big and the ball is so far forward.

Edited by Taylor310
  • Like 2
19 hours ago, bjyp said:

LAB golf says swing longer not harder. 

What should my tempo be?

-Backswing slower than follow through? 1:2?

-Backswing same and follow through? 1:1?

-Backswing faster than follow through? 2:1?

I found even tempo maybe just a hair faster on follow through to be better to get that face to square up. 

• Like 2

Lefty WITB

Driver: 9° Ping G410 Plus - Tour 65S

3W: 13.5° Ping G410 LST - Aldila NV 2KXV Green 75X

3H: 19° Ping - Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: 4i - 7i Srixon 585 / 8i - PW Srixon 785 - AMT Tour White S300

Wedges: 51° MD3 - 56° Glide 2 - 60° PM2

Putter(s): TP Mills Handmade - SIK Pro Tour Proto - MannKrafted MA/66 LN - and more. 

I just got done with my 2nd round with the DF 2.1.  I don’t have any practice time with this putter, besides carpet putting, so these 2 rounds were the only time I’ve had the putter on grass.

I have always been a terrible putter my entire life.  I have zero confidence while on the green.  Today was the first time I have had any confidence whatsoever.  I averaged 32.4 putts in 2018 and 32.6 in 2019.  My first 2 rounds with this putter have been 28 and 29.  That’s huge for me!  

My distance control has never been better.  Ever.  My playing partners were pretty shocked as well.  And the feeling off the face is $$$.  I love the solid audible “knock” off the face.  I’m not sure I’ve ever rolled a putter that feels this good off the face, and I’ve had a lot of putters.

I thought the putter head was big while messing with it at the PGASS, but I don’t think that anymore at all.  I honestly don’t think the head is that much bigger than my Spider X.  I got used to the look of it very quick.  The only thing I don’t like about the size, is when the headcover is on and it’s in my bag.  It does take up quite a bit of space, but oh well.

Ive read all 24 pages of this thread multiple times and have watched all of Bill Presses videos on YouTube.  A few big takeaways I’ve had was grip pressure and ball placement.  I have the ball placement down, although it’s a little weird having it that far up in my stance, I got it down.  The light grip pressure does feel odd, and it will take some time to get used to.

As far as grip pressure goes, I’ve basically been holding the putter in my hands with just enough pressure to not let it fall to the ground and it is VERY weird feeling.  Should I be holding it a little tighter?  Right now I’m basically just rocking my shoulders and letting the putter do it’s own thing and it feels totally odd.  I’m holding it so loose that at the end of my backswing/start of my downswing the putter is rocking so freely, that it almost feels like my wrists clock just a little bit and the head gets a little behind.  With every other putter I’ve used, I’ve gripped much firmer and I have always knew exactly where the head is at at all times.  It’s hard to put into words what Im trying to describe. 

Should I be applying more grip pressure?

Edited by TylerJ89
17 hours ago, TylerJ89 said:

I just got done with my 2nd round with the DF 2.1.  I don’t have any practice time with this putter, besides carpet putting, so these 2 rounds were the only time I’ve had the putter on grass.

I have always been a terrible putter my entire life.  I have zero confidence while on the green.  Today was the first time I have had any confidence whatsoever.  I averaged 32.4 putts in 2018 and 32.6 in 2019.  My first 2 rounds with this putter have been 28 and 29.  That’s huge for me!  

My distance control has never been better.  Ever.  My playing partners were pretty shocked as well.  And the feeling off the face is $$$.  I love the solid audible “knock” off the face.  I’m not sure I’ve ever rolled a putter that feels this good off the face, and I’ve had a lot of putters.

I thought the putter head was big while messing with it at the PGASS, but I don’t think that anymore at all.  I honestly don’t think the head is that much bigger than my Spider X.  I got used to the look of it very quick.  The only thing I don’t like about the size, is when the headcover is on and it’s in my bag.  It does take up quite a bit of space, but oh well.

Ive read all 24 pages of this thread multiple times and have watched all of Bill Presses videos on YouTube.  A few big takeaways I’ve had was grip pressure and ball placement.  I have the ball placement down, although it’s a little weird having it that far up in my stance, I got it down.  The light grip pressure does feel odd, and it will take some time to get used to.

As far as grip pressure goes, I’ve basically been holding the putter in my hands with just enough pressure to not let it fall to the ground and it is VERY weird feeling.  Should I be holding it a little tighter?  Right now I’m basically just rocking my shoulders and letting the putter do it’s own thing and it feels totally odd.  I’m holding it so loose that at the end of my backswing/start of my downswing the putter is rocking so freely, that it almost feels like my wrists clock just a little bit and the head gets a little behind.  With every other putter I’ve used, I’ve gripped much firmer and I have always knew exactly where the head is at at all times.  It’s hard to put into words what Im trying to describe. 

Should I be applying more grip pressure?

I haven't even been able to get a round in, but stopped for 20 minutes at the putting green and putted for about an hour or so on an ExPutt and I seem to have the best results with as light of grip pressure as I can get away with without dropping the club.

53 minutes ago, Taylor310 said:

I haven't even been able to get a round in, but stopped for 20 minutes at the putting green and putted for about an hour or so on an ExPutt and I seem to have the best results with as light of grip pressure as I can get away with without dropping the club.

It feels odd letting my hands/wrists kind of "give" (not sure if thats the correct word or not) at the end of my backswing/start of downswing.  The putter head feels laggy and almost like I dont know where it is, but at the same time, it feels stable.  Its very hard to describe.

Im going to try to spend some time at the putting green over the next few days and mess around with applying a tiny more pressure to see if it feels better for me.

Either way, this putter is FIRE 🔥

• Like 1

Had an issue with the factory second I purchased last month.  LAB golf owned it and worked with me to get me a replacement to my specs and satisfaction.  Thank you Matt and the team that takes/returns calls & emails to make & keep the customer 100% satisfied.  Do not hesitate to try this company/technology.  

• Like 3

Driver G410 LST 10.5* Ventus Velocore Blue 6x
Fairway G410 3-wood Ventus Velocore Blue 7x

Irons Ping i20’s +1” KBSx shafts

Wedges Glides 52*, 56*, 60*

Putter L.A.B. 2.1

On 11/2/2020 at 11:11 AM, Taylor310 said:

My factory second putter with an OG 3 grip should be delivered today. Ordered it after getting a remote fitting online a week or 2 ago. Going to give the OG grip a shot at first, but may end up getting a Press II if I'm not a fan of the OG. Looking forward to seeing how she rolls!

OG is definitely weird at first but I think it lends itself great to the tech. Try working the palms a bit more underneath the grip.