MEMBER REVIEWS: L.A.B. Golf Putters! Read What Members Are Saying Now!

knudson81

15 hours ago, dlow206 said:

I'm still struggling with distance control (hitting the ball past the hole). Made a 30 footer today with the DF 2.1, but if it hadn't hit dead center of the pin, it would have gone 10 feet past or more. Still trying to figure it out.

Interesting. Most of the time its the opposite from long range. It is likely that the ball is rolling a bit better with our putter meaning its actually on the ground quicker and truer. I advise folks to control speed with the length of stroke. longer putt, longer stroke, shorter putt, shorter stroke. The absence of torque can also make the head sort of "disappear". Make sure the grip pressure is light so you can feel the head.

• Like 1

Still yet to play a round, but had a nice day today and an hour free time. Really worked on midrange putts alot, and felt quite in a groove. At about 10 feet i was making about 8/10. Long putts, really had good results too, lagged almost all inside 3-4 feet.  Did uncharacteristically struggle in the 3-5 foot range. I was a little stabby with them, not sure why. Greens were pretty slow, could have had something to do with it. I think LAB is right to an extent in this is just something you have to put a bit of time and practice into and get adjusted. Great product though, so far 100% satisfied.

• Like 3

On 12/7/2020 at 3:58 PM, Red4282 said:

Still yet to play a round, but had a nice day today and an hour free time. Really worked on midrange putts alot, and felt quite in a groove. At about 10 feet i was making about 8/10. Long putts, really had good results too, lagged almost all inside 3-4 feet.  Did uncharacteristically struggle in the 3-5 foot range. I was a little stabby with them, not sure why. Greens were pretty slow, could have had something to do with it. I think LAB is right to an extent in this is just something you have to put a bit of time and practice into and get adjusted. Great product though, so far 100% satisfied.

Struggles from short range often have to do with alignment. The putter is really working hard to go where you point so make sure to scrutinize your aim with a chalk line or even a buddy. Also, the ball may be rolling sooner/truer and thus holding its line a bit more than you may be used to so play less break on the shorties and stay committed if you're missing the short ones high as people often do.

Feels like it’s been 6 weeks already with this order and it’s been 1.  Lol.  I’m patient in all I do but when buying golf stuff.  

• Haha 2

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 8*, Tensei AV White 75g
Irons: TaylorMade P790, 5-PW; Mitsubishi MMT 110g
Hybrids: Ping G425 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1, Polar BGT shaft   
Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite Midnight
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B X yellow, Callaway Chrome Soft X LS

4 hours ago, Minarets said:

Feels like it’s been 6 weeks already with this order and it’s been 1.  Lol.  I’m patient in all I do but when buying golf stuff.  

Out of curiosity what alignment aid, and shaft did you go with?  I did the online fitting with Matt and may end up pulling the trigger on a new one, but have been keeping my eye on eBay.  Also talked to Matt about a factory blem, but it will be after the first of the year as they are moving locations.

On 10/23/2019 at 10:30 AM, knudson81 said:

6f7vno1yb6cm.jpeg

L.A.B. Golf and GolfWRX are really excited to bring you this member testing event! We have 10 members that recently got fit for their L.A.B. putter and are going to be putting their reviews and photos here. Please feel free to ask any of these testers more about their putter and their experience with it. The testers are...

@granata10

@magnus7319

@moorebaseball

@Digger818

@TheMagicStinger

@Laznasty

@Smitty1304

@TMBob

@wcbjr

@scottaz

We also want to give a huge THANK YOU to L.A.B. Golf for putting on this testing event!

I tested them out at a local pga superstore and adore them. 
They are fantastic putters; hideous looking sticks but work wonder. If only I could overcome my vanity... 

43EC6B15-F6C2-49D2-B780-78163A8EA35B.jpeg

C03D986C-BBFE-4F78-AF92-FFBFAA4E8DC6.jpeg

3840AA6F-E1A3-4F15-9CBE-87FBD7D1B654.jpeg

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, randr3wb said:

Out of curiosity what alignment aid, and shaft did you go with?  I did the online fitting with Matt and may end up pulling the trigger on a new one, but have been keeping my eye on eBay.  Also talked to Matt about a factory blem, but it will be after the first of the year as they are moving locations.

I went with the 3 lines, think it was #19 and I went with the stability tour shaft. 

• Like 2

Have a question about adding weight to the shaft of a broomstick LAB putter. I poured sand down the shaft and then corked my current long putter (non LAB long putter) and it swings much smoother with the additional weight. If I choose to try this with my LAB long putter, will it affect the balance? I obviously don’t want to do anything that will work against the technology. 

18 minutes ago, Raulishere said:

Anyone know what the difference is between the DF 2.1 / 2.1T / 2.1T2?

Tried searching the forum and google but no results.

Good question.  

Well, I got mine out on the course yesterday. This putter is amazing.

The biggest difference I noticed is 10 footers felt easy to me. As long as I had the line, it was going in. The confidence I felt standing over those was unreal. I'm a decent putter, and this has made me feel like an incredible putter.

I even got close to holing a couple of really long ones that were just short but were tracking. By the end of the round it was crazy windy, but loving what I saw in the first round.

After I got the putter I wasn't in love with the feel of the 1.L grip, but it was fine yesterday. I may try the II 3* but we'll see. Overall it has a much nicer feel than I was expecting.

Edited by chocolate_rehab
  • Like 4

Titleist TSR2 // Autoflex SF505

Titleist TSR2 16.5 // Vista Pro 60s

Ping G25 20, 23 // Tour AD True Spec

Titleist T200/T150 5-GW // Steelfiber i80PR

Titleist SM9 54.10, 58.12 // Steelfiber i80r

L.A.B. Golf DF3 // L.A.B. x TPT

26 minutes ago, labgolf said:

They are mostly to help us benchmark manufacturing changes. You'll feel a big difference between the 2.1 and the 2.1T. The T is when we started using tungsten instead of lead to balance and swingweight. You visually see a difference int he T vs the T2 but no performance feel changes. It was mostly internal shafting stuff.

Got an answer about 2.1 differences compared to 2.1T and T2

Thanks again L.A.B. Golf

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Minarets said:

I went with the 3 lines, think it was #19 and I went with the stability tour shaft. 

I went with the 3 lines as well but stock shaft.  I know the feeling on the wait.  It feels like it takes forever to arrive.  Thankfully, mine will be here Wednesday - 12/16.  However, they are calling for some nasty weather this week so, won't be able to see how she rolls on a real green for a little bit.

• Like 3

DRIVER - CALLAWAY PARADYM X 9*

FAIRWAY WOODS - PING G430 15* / 18* / 21*

IRONS - PXG 0317 CB [5i-GW]

WEDGES - MIZUNO T22 54.08 / 58.08 / 62.08

PUTTER - LAB Mezz.1 Max Broomstick

PXG 0317 X

14 minutes ago, Sons_of_Pitches said:

I went with the 3 lines as well but stock shaft.  I know the feeling on the wait.  It feels like it takes forever to arrive.  Thankfully, mine will be here Wednesday - 12/16.  However, they are calling for some nasty weather this week so, won't be able to see how she rolls on a real green for a little bit.

I went with the 3 lines as well, but #5 with the stock shaft. My previous putter had the Tour Stability shaft and I'm happy to say the feel/control is excellent without the upgrade. I don't miss it.

• Like 1

Titleist TSR2 // Autoflex SF505

Titleist TSR2 16.5 // Vista Pro 60s

Ping G25 20, 23 // Tour AD True Spec

Titleist T200/T150 5-GW // Steelfiber i80PR

Titleist SM9 54.10, 58.12 // Steelfiber i80r

L.A.B. Golf DF3 // L.A.B. x TPT

2 hours ago, Raulishere said:

Got an answer about 2.1 differences compared to 2.1T and T2

Thanks again L.A.B. Golf

What was it? 

1 hour ago, Minarets said:

What was it? 

He stated it was the the following.... 

They are mostly to help us benchmark manufacturing changes. You'll feel a big difference between the 2.1 and the 2.1T. The T is when we started using tungsten instead of lead to balance and swingweight. You visually see a difference int he T vs the T2 but no performance feel changes. It was mostly internal shafting stuff.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

PXG 0317 X

16 hours ago, goose1894 said:

Has anyone used the nickel finish on the DF2.1? Interested to hear if there is a difference in feel, weight, etc. How does it compare to the black anodized finish?

I moved from black to nickel because I thought it looked awesome.  Other than the looks, there is no difference in performance.

• Like 2

In my Datrek - DG lite II cart bag attached via Top-Lok to my Bag Boy - Quad XL - I'm decidedly brand agnostic:

PING - G400 Max 10.5 - Graphite Design Tour AD DI 5 R

Titleist - TS2 4W - Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6 RS TS2 7W - Alta CB 65 R

Cobra - Baffler 23* - Aldila NV-HL 65 R

PXG - 0211 (2019 version) - 5-PW - MMT 80 S

Cleveland - CBX2 50 / 54 / 58 - Rotex 

L.A.B. Golf - Directed Force 2.1 - KBS Tour - Press No. II 3*

Snell - MTB  Black

14 hours ago, calfan36 said:

Anyone compared to an Axis1 putter?

Axis does better than most, but still does not stay square to the path of the putt when put in the revealer (per a posted video I watched).

• Like 1

In my Datrek - DG lite II cart bag attached via Top-Lok to my Bag Boy - Quad XL - I'm decidedly brand agnostic:

Snell - MTB  Black

Quick question here... not trying to hijack the thread.

I have had my DF2.1 for a few months now and absolutely love it.  I’ve made great improvement on the greens and I’ve never had more confidence.

On to my question.... I’m a data head by nature and I’m thinking about getting Arccos Caddie.  The amount of data it stores is unreal and I love having everything right at my fingertips.

It comes with 14 sensors that weight 7g a piece (I think).  I have heard/read mixed info regarding whether or not it will effect the swingweight of my clubs (since the sensor is above the hands and screwed into the grip?).  Most people say they can’t tell a difference, but I’m pretty sensitive to weight change.

How will this sensor affect the weighting of my DF2.1?  Would you recommend not using it on the putter?  I’ve made such great progress on the greens, and I don’t want to do anything that will compromise it, but would also love to use the Arccos technology.

What are your thoughts Sam? @labgolf

7 hours ago, TylerJ89 said:

I have had my DF2.1 for a few months now and absolutely love it.  I’ve made great improvement on the greens and I’ve never had more confidence.

On to my question.... I’m a data head by nature and I’m thinking about getting Arccos Caddie.  The amount of data it stores is unreal and I love having everything right at my fingertips.

It comes with 14 sensors that weight 7g a piece (I think).  I have heard/read mixed info regarding whether or not it will effect the swingweight of my clubs (since the sensor is above the hands and screwed into the grip?).  Most people say they can’t tell a difference, but I’m pretty sensitive to weight change.

How will this sensor affect the weighting of my DF2.1?  Would you recommend not using it on the putter?  I’ve made such great progress on the greens, and I don’t want to do anything that will compromise it, but would also love to use the Arccos technology.

I use Shot Scope V2 (now the old version, as V3 is available), and noticed NO difference once I screwed in the sensor buttons on the end of my clubs (including my DF 2.1).  The data is awesome to have, and knowing what distance I hit each club is VERY helpful.  The putting stats help too.

• Like 1

Snell - MTB  Black

13 hours ago, TylerJ89 said:

I have both Arccos and ShotScope v3.  On the putter, you won't notice a difference with either.  However, on your other clubs you will definitely notice the swingweight change with the Arccos tags which are 7g each (thats 3 additional swingweight points per club --- that's like going from a D2 to a D5 on most iron sets --- whoa thats alot); whereas the ShotScope tags are only 2g a piece, which equals 1 additional swingweight point.  For me, the extra swingweight point with the ShotScope tags are not noticeable and hence the reason I made the switch to them from Arccos.  That said, the Arccos data analytics is much better IMHO, at this point in time, than the ShotScopes data analytic.        

• Like 1

PXG 0317 X

On 12/12/2020 at 8:37 PM, JA17 said:

Have a question about adding weight to the shaft of a broomstick LAB putter. I poured sand down the shaft and then corked my current long putter (non LAB long putter) and it swings much smoother with the additional weight. If I choose to try this with my LAB long putter, will it affect the balance? I obviously don’t want to do anything that will work against the technology. 

Email [email protected] and we can take you through the best way to add weight.

On 12/13/2020 at 6:30 AM, goose1894 said:

Has anyone used the nickel finish on the DF2.1? Interested to hear if there is a difference in feel, weight, etc. How does it compare to the black anodized finish?

I have heard some say it feels a little harder but I don't feel the difference at all. Its a little tougher for sure even though the ano is super tough compared to other stock finishes out there. I think it looks great and I use it. The only complaint I have heard is the because of the color, the contrast on the sight lines isn't as pronounced with the nickel but I don't personally have that issue at all. On the ano finish, the lines are white. on the nickel we made them black/dark gray for more contrast

• Like 2

On 12/13/2020 at 8:07 AM, calfan36 said:

Anyone compared to an Axis1 putter?

Axis is great and if I didn't have L.A.B. they would be one of the few I'd consider. Where they fall short is sound and feel, a lack of customizations for a proper fit and most notably, the consistency across the face is not even close (nobody is) because of the particular way that they reduce torque. Also worth mentioning, they have only reduced torque, they have no eliminated it as they claim. If you put an Axis in our revealer and swing it VERY slow, you won't see any movement. If you swing it at a speed like a 30' putt, you'll see it open in the takeaway a bit and then slam shut (not 360°) right in the transition.

• Like 1

On 12/15/2020 at 10:25 AM, TylerJ89 said:

Should be fine but if not, its easy enough to take it out.