MEMBER REVIEWS: L.A.B. Golf Putters! Read What Members Are Saying Now!

knudson81

2 hours ago, 5baytjd said:

Depending on the timing in the market, you might even sell it for more than you bought if for, like I did.

I was selling at a time when there was almost nothing used listed on eBay, so I listed at top of the market, and sold it within a couple days.  Made the purchase of my new nickel 2.1 a little easier😄

6 hours ago, Mr_Wolfe said:

That's what I did. You should make at least 90%-100% of your money back once you sell again.

Mr. Wolfe

Did either of you go with the upgraded shaft?  To me seems to be a no brainer if the funds are available, but having not used one before I'm a little iffy.

4 minutes ago, randr3wb said:

Did either of you go with the upgraded shaft?  To me seems to be a no brainer if the funds are available, but having not used one before I'm a little iffy.

Being that I use a relatively short shaft (33"), and that L.A.B. Golf tips the standard KBS shaft quite a bit, thus making it VERY STABLE; I didn't think upgrading the shaft was going to buy me much.  I have been well pleased with the standard shaft. 

Yes, if the funds are available, and you want to squeeze every last spec of performance out of the club (and have no lingering "what-if" thoughts rattling around in your head), go for it.

In my Datrek - DG lite II cart bag attached via Top-Lok to my Bag Boy - Quad XL - I'm decidedly brand agnostic:

PING - G400 Max 10.5 - Graphite Design Tour AD DI 5 R

Titleist - TS2 4W - Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6 RS TS2 7W - Alta CB 65 R

Cobra - Baffler 23* - Aldila NV-HL 65 R

PXG - 0211 (2019 version) - 5-PW - MMT 80 S

Cleveland - CBX2 50 / 54 / 58 - Rotex 

L.A.B. Golf - Directed Force 2.1 - KBS Tour - Press No. II 3*

Snell - MTB  Black

On 1/6/2020 at 4:22 PM, labgolf said:

The OG is our smallest offering though it is still a bit bigger than a conventional pistol grip. The 2.M is comparable to a super stroke 2.0. In a week, we will have the 1.L which is our largest offering and is the same oval shape as the OG. On paper, yes, a larger grip will reduce activity in the hands.

Which grip models is able to use Lefty?  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, randr3wb said:

Mine has the standard shaft so I have nothing to compare it to. My lie is 64˚ so I couldn't be too picky when looking used as most have more lie angle. I am very pleased with my purchase. If/when I buy new, I "may" try the upgraded shaft, but the KBS feels fine to me.

Mr. Wolfe

Edited by Mr_Wolfe
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, Negncic said:

Email was sent 2 days ago. No response. 

They are in the middle of moving their operations from Reno to Eugene, so I suspect that is why the response to your inquiry is delayed.

Edited by 5baytjd

In my Datrek - DG lite II cart bag attached via Top-Lok to my Bag Boy - Quad XL - I'm decidedly brand agnostic:

Snell - MTB  Black

9 hours ago, TheMagicStinger said:

@labgolf

Any chance of seeing any LAB branded bags designed to accommodate the DF? 

While that would be nice, if you're looking for something in the mean time, the separate front putter well in the Datrek DG Lite II Cart Bag is generously sized and fits my 2.1 perfectly without any interference with the other clubs. 

They also have the Lite Rider Pro Cart Bag that looks to have a similar design.

• Thanks 1

Snell - MTB  Black

6 hours ago, aaronpoling said:

Like Eugene, Oregon? If so do we know where? I live in Eugene and would totally check out their place!

Yep, that would be the Eugene to which they are moving.  Sam will have to provide the lowdown on the exact location.

Edited by 5baytjd
  • Like 1

Snell - MTB  Black

On 10/21/2020 at 5:03 PM, dlow206 said:

Although I have been putting pretty well so far with the DF 2.1, I finally really figured it out today. At times, I was pulling and pushing putts on my indoor putting green and couldn't figure out why. What I realized is related to the lie angle balance. So what I came to the conclusion was, when i make my stroke, i just focus on returning my hands at impact to the same position as setup.

That may sound dumb but when i push or pull putts, my hands are returning at impact slightly higher or slightly lower than they were at impact. That probably worked out ok for me with other putters because I was making a manipulated stroke. If i just focus on returning to the same position as setup, then the ball will start on the line i intend.

I just made the same realization! It’s a LIE ANGLE balanced putter.🤦‍♂️ If you get toe up or heel up at address or impact you’ll almost feel like you shanked it. If you get the shaft on the lie angle it was designed to be on, it’s automatic and you can’t miss. Just focus on getting the lie angle right and you win!

Edited by bobbyclampett!!

Driver - Paradym, 10.5 (or TM Mini BRNR 11.5)

3W, 5W- Titleist 913F

4i-PW - TM P7MB

Wedges - Vokey SM9 (52, 56, 60) all M grinds

Putter - PLD Anser

Ball - ProV1

I got my B.2 on Friday night, 1/15. I am very excited by the story and the reality of LAB technology. I have noticed fighting torque my entire putting life, but didn't know what it was. Wobbling putter head on the backstroke, all kinds of inconsistent face angles at impact, pushes, pulls, etc. Now I know why (stayed up til 2 am last night reading this entire thread. Good work everybody. Shame on me for not consulting the WRX faithful before diving in, but it allowed me a chance to learn for myself a little bit, see below).

First impressions: cool space age box delivered to my door, unlike any other I've seen when shipping clubs. Matches the kind of alien head of the DF2.1 and the disrupting brand. Love it already. Excitement builds.

Unveiling: Packed well and secure. Cool little instruction sheet (although I think LAB could do even more here- like tips on how to use it, how it's different from your normal putter, with insights maybe even from this thread?!). Well constructed, clean, stylish headcover. Love the black shaft. Grip feels and looks great. Putterhead clean, sexy, no frills, no messing around, just easy to line up and ready to make more putts.

First strokes: Probably a couple honeymoon strokes, all-in mentally on the technology and story, drain a few six footers to the small cup on my PerfectPractice Putting mat. Ball rolling tight and straight like a gopher scurrying to its home. Love.

Followed by: a couple of VERY offline putts, like almost like the feeling of a shank to the right or a smothered nasty snap pull hook to the left with a full club? Uh-oh. Maybe it's not going to be as automatic as I thought. 

And then: After a mix of glorious perfect putts and "shanks," some thinking and pondering. My tendency (built up by decades of fighting torque, I now know!) is to have my hands low with toe off the ground. Hold on a minute. This is a LIE ANGLE BALANCED putter, meaning it is only balanced it the shaft stays at the 72 degrees it was meticulously balanced at. Okay, new priority is to make sure this baby is purely soled at address. At first I do that by kind of increasing my grip pressure and tension and tapping the putter up and down, imagining the toe and heel perfectly level. That works okay, and I hit a few perfect putts, but then... arrgggh, another shank! 

More thinking: I need to swing this thing like the video of "The Revealer". Like my hands aren't even on it. Like it's swinging freely back and forth suspended in air. Let it do its thing. So then, instead of trying to sole it perfectly with increased grip pressure and control of the lie angle with my hands, I think of the shaft being perfectly on plane by letting the putter hang freely from my shoulders, with no added tension from arms or forearms or wrists or hands, but rather thinking of my arms and hands as passive as possible, like the tensionless and frictionless Revealer, with the feeling of the putter kind of hovering lightly in the air without actually hovering (although, now that I write this, maybe I will experiment with some hovering today so there is no friction with the ground, like The Revealer.... 🤔). And.... voila! 🥳 I feel as though I've unlocked the secret. I make about 10 in a row with seeming no effort, the putter doing all the work to square itself, the ball rolling sooner and tighter than ever before, and it feels like I couldn't miss if I tried. Giggling to myself like a little kid, I retreat to my computer to see if WRX has anything to say about using these putters (35 pages worth!).

Also: during the experimenting and thinking, I email [email protected] asking if the face is meant to stay square to any arc, or a specific arc and like five minutes later on a Saturday night at about 9 pm Mountain I get a thoughtful and helpful email back FROM THE CEO! WHAT!? This company is amazing!! And then it's not just one email... it turns into a conversation about how the putter tech works and reassures me that I am on the right path and to keep following my intuition and insights. Never got an email like that from a golf company, let alone the CEO.

I'm ready to go hawk the rest of my stable on the Bay or BST to raise funds for a DF2.1 with the same specs cause I just need to have both models. After reading all the reviews and seeing that baby online, I just gotta have it.

Can't wait to get this thing out in the wild once the snow melts. 

My only suggestion would be to have some of these insights on how to use these game-changing putters on the website (unless I missed it.. I just saw the soundless videos of the Revealer, which were themselves, very revealing😂...) and/or on an info sheet of "How to Use" with purchase. It could help with tour pro adoption as well. 

I really believe in this company and wish it all the best in 2021 and the future. Everyone, get fit and get a LAB and start making more putts effortlessly and joyously!!

Edited by bobbyclampett!!
  • Like 4

3W, 5W- Titleist 913F

4i-PW - TM P7MB

Putter - PLD Anser

Ball - ProV1

16 hours ago, aaronpoling said:

Like Eugene, Oregon? If so do we know where? I live in Eugene and would totally check out their place!

We are down in Whiteaker near Ninkasi. We aren't going to be doing fittings at the shop until we are out of the dark on the virus but happy to fit you at Emerald. Hit us up through the site.

53 minutes ago, bobbyclampett!! said:

I got my B.2 on Friday night, 1/15. I am very excited by the story and the reality of LAB technology. I have noticed fighting torque my entire putting life, but didn't know what it was. Wobbling putter head on the backstroke, all kinds of inconsistent face angles at impact, pushes, pulls, etc. Now I know why (stayed up til 2 am last night reading this entire thread. Good work everybody. Shame on me for not consulting the WRX faithful before diving in, but it allowed me a chance to learn for myself a little bit, see below).

First impressions: cool space age box delivered to my door, unlike any other I've seen when shipping clubs. Matches the kind of alien head of the DF2.1 and the disrupting brand. Love it already. Excitement builds.

Unveiling: Packed well and secure. Cool little instruction sheet (although I think LAB could do even more here- like tips on how to use it, how it's different from your normal putter, with insights maybe even from this thread?!). Well constructed, clean, stylish headcover. Love the black shaft. Grip feels and looks great. Putterhead clean, sexy, no frills, no messing around, just easy to line up and ready to make more putts.

First strokes: Probably a couple honeymoon strokes, all-in mentally on the technology and story, drain a few six footers to the small cup on my PerfectPractice Putting mat. Ball rolling tight and straight like a gopher scurrying to its home. Love.

Followed by: a couple of VERY offline putts, like almost like the feeling of a shank to the right or a smothered nasty snap pull hook to the left with a full club? Uh-oh. Maybe it's not going to be as automatic as I thought. 

And then: After a mix of glorious perfect putts and "shanks," some thinking and pondering. My tendency (built up by decades of fighting torque, I now know!) is to have my hands low with toe off the ground. Hold on a minute. This is a LIE ANGLE BALANCED putter, meaning it is only balanced it the shaft stays at the 72 degrees it was meticulously balanced at. Okay, new priority is to make sure this baby is purely soled at address. At first I do that by kind of increasing my grip pressure and tension and tapping the putter up and down, imagining the toe and heel perfectly level. That works okay, and I hit a few perfect putts, but then... arrgggh, another shank! 

More thinking: I need to swing this thing like the video of "The Revealer". Like my hands aren't even on it. Like it's swinging freely back and forth suspended in air. Let it do its thing. So then, instead of trying to sole it perfectly with increased grip pressure and control of the lie angle with my hands, I think of the shaft being perfectly on plane by letting the putter hang freely from my shoulders, with no added tension from arms or forearms or wrists or hands, but rather thinking of my arms and hands as passive as possible, like the tensionless and frictionless Revealer, with the feeling of the putter kind of hovering lightly in the air without actually hovering (although, now that I write this, maybe I will experiment with some hovering today so there is no friction with the ground, like The Revealer.... 🤔). And.... voila! 🥳 I feel as though I've unlocked the secret. I make about 10 in a row with seeming no effort, the putter doing all the work to square itself, the ball rolling sooner and tighter than ever before, and it feels like I couldn't miss if I tried. Giggling to myself like a little kid, I retreat to my computer to see if WRX has anything to say about using these putters (35 pages worth!).

Also: during the experimenting and thinking, I email [email protected] asking if the face is meant to stay square to any arc, or a specific arc and like five minutes later on a Saturday night at about 9 pm Mountain I get a thoughtful and helpful email back FROM THE CEO! WHAT!? This company is amazing!! And then it's not just one email... it turns into a conversation about how the putter tech works and reassures me that I am on the right path and to keep following my intuition and insights. Never got an email like that from a golf company, let alone the CEO.

I'm ready to go hawk the rest of my stable on the Bay or BST to raise funds for a DF2.1 with the same specs cause I just need to have both models. After reading all the reviews and seeing that baby online, I just gotta have it.

Can't wait to get this thing out in the wild once the snow melts. 

My only suggestion would be to have some of these insights on how to use these game-changing putters on the website (unless I missed it.. I just saw the soundless videos of the Revealer, which were themselves, very revealing😂...) and/or on an info sheet of "How to Use" with purchase. It could help with tour pro adoption as well. 

I really believe in this company and wish it all the best in 2021 and the future. Everyone, get fit and get a LAB and start making more putts effortlessly and joyously!!

I enjoyed our exchange last night and I normally wouldn't respond at that time but you were noticing all the right things and I wanted to help you on your little putter trip!

We often think about attaching more tips and such and perhaps down the road we will but our concern is that attaching a methodology to the putter tends to scare folks off. Additionally, as was the case with you, the putter does tend to lead folks where the need to go after a few rounds and we have been enjoying watching folks have their own experience to get it dialed.

Keep us posted on your progress! The force is strong with this one...

• Like 1

Tuesday!! UPS delivers TUESDAY!!!  (They better.  Had a Monday delivery days upon shipment and they bumped it). 

I cannot freakin wait!!!

• Like 1

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 8*, Tensei AV White 75g
Irons: TaylorMade P790, 5-PW; Mitsubishi MMT 110g
Hybrids: Ping G425 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1, Polar BGT shaft   
Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite Midnight
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B X yellow, Callaway Chrome Soft X LS

10 minutes ago, labgolf said:

I enjoyed our exchange last night and I normally wouldn't respond at that time but you were noticing all the right things and I wanted to help you on your little putter trip!

We often think about attaching more tips and such and perhaps down the road we will but our concern is that attaching a methodology to the putter tends to scare folks off. Additionally, as was the case with you, the putter does tend to lead folks where the need to go after a few rounds and we have been enjoying watching folks have their own experience to get it dialed.

Keep us posted on your progress! The force is strong with this one...

Ahhh, that makes good sense. Keep doing what you’re doing, player!

ps initial results for hovering experiment with B.2 are EXTREMELY positive. Seems to fit perfectly with the story and the science and helps get the feel of The Revealer. I am The Revealer!! Or... the B.2 is The Revealer and I am the Revealed! Who knows, but it’s a kick in the pants!

• Like 3

3W, 5W- Titleist 913F

4i-PW - TM P7MB

Putter - PLD Anser

Ball - ProV1

4 hours ago, bobbyclampett!! said:

Welcome to Team L.A.B.

• Like 3

Snell - MTB  Black

2 hours ago, bobbyclampett!! said:

My wife is worried about me. Over here in my living room laughing to myself, kind of wanting to cry because it’s so fun and easy, but also because how many years of struggle and frustration I have had in the past.

From the sounds of it, you MIGHT be making this your gamer. 🤔  In which case, you'll have to update the putter listed in your signature area.

I'm envisioning a Ping Sigma Anser making its way to the bay / BST.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Snell - MTB  Black

48 minutes ago, 5baytjd said:

From the sounds of it, you MIGHT be making this your gamer. 🤔  In which case, you'll have to update the putter listed in your signature area.

I'm envisioning a Ping Sigma Anser making its way to the bay / BST.

I have three in the stable right now, but I think I should go ahead and make it official. It’s kinda like updating your Facebook status to “In a Relationship”. 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3W, 5W- Titleist 913F

4i-PW - TM P7MB

Putter - PLD Anser

Ball - ProV1

19 minutes ago, bobbyclampett!! said:

I have three in the stable right now, but I think I should go ahead and make it official. It’s kinda like updating your Facebook status to “In a Relationship”. 🤣🤣🤣

LOL.  I have been researching the value on ebay of my 15 putters in my basement.  $1,000 + pays for the B2 i have and the DF 2.1 i have on order

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, SerenityNow said:

LOL.  I have been researching the value on ebay of my 15 putters in my basement.  $1,000 + pays for the B2 i have and the DF 2.1 i have on order

Geeze. Going allllll in 

• Like 2

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 8*, Tensei AV White 75g
Irons: TaylorMade P790, 5-PW; Mitsubishi MMT 110g
Hybrids: Ping G425 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1, Polar BGT shaft   
Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite Midnight
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B X yellow, Callaway Chrome Soft X LS

59 minutes ago, SerenityNow said:

May not be true of the mathematical equation, but in this golf equation 2 > 15.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Snell - MTB  Black

I really, really want to have a DF2.1 to call my own. It’s probably just a matter of time. I assume specs for B.2 are the same for DF2.1?

3W, 5W- Titleist 913F

4i-PW - TM P7MB

Putter - PLD Anser

Ball - ProV1

17 hours ago, bobbyclampett!! said:

I really, really want to have a DF2.1 to call my own. It’s probably just a matter of time. I assume specs for B.2 are the same for DF2.1?

Was for me.  The 2.1 is just way more forgiving of toe or heel strikes (given the laws of physics, and with MOI more is better).

Edited by 5baytjd

Snell - MTB  Black

7 hours ago, bobbyclampett!! said:

Thank you, glad to be here!

Okay, I am seriously tripping now. Not sure I’ve ever had light bulbs and lightning flashes going off like this...

Picked up the B.2 again this afternoon, still trying to learn what it has to teach me. I remember multiple posts on here about putting with your thumbs off the grip to get the right feel. Never tried that before. Seems like, based on previous putters, that it wouldn’t even be possible to even make a stroke that way. But okay...

Proceed to make 10 in a row on my smaller than regulation size hole PerfectPractice mat WITH NO THUMBS! My new record with B.2 so far. WHAT KIND OF SORCERY IS THIS?? You know, one of those “drills” where you start thinking to yourself: “Why don’t I just putt this way all the time?”

Then after no-thumbs “drill,” replace thumbs on top so they are just barely touching the top of the grip like a feather. Putter just doing it’s thing. Nothing to see here. Just wants to go straight and go in. Try not to fight it, dummy. 

My wife is worried about me. Over here in my living room laughing to myself, kind of wanting to cry because it’s so fun and easy, but also because how many years of struggle and frustration I have had in the past. I’m a crazy man!

Thumbs up on the your post. Thumbs off the grip!! It works!!