2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

MEMBER REVIEWS: L.A.B. Golf Putters! Read What Members Are Saying Now!

knudson81

1 minute ago, labgolf said:

In fact we have been working with them to develop a proprietary shaft for both our standard and broomstick length putters. Hoping to have them by March.

Well that will be interesting to see when it comes out. 

• Like 1

Lefty - WITB Thread

Driver: 10° Cobra LTDxLS | AD-IZ 6X 

3W: 15° Callaway Paradym X | AD-IZ 7X

3H: 19° Ping G410 | Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: PXG 0311P 4-6 | 0317CB 7-PW | DG 120 X100

Wedges: SM9 50° - 54° - 58° 

Putter(s): Ping PLD Anser 4K | CMD Gauge R | and more. 

Ball: TP5X 2024

Bag: Ghost Katana

4 minutes ago, kerila07 said:

Just an fyi there are some factory second models listed on ebay if they happen to fit your specs its a great deal.  Seller is labgolfoutlet

Lefty, they don't come up often. 

Lefty - WITB Thread

Driver: 10° Cobra LTDxLS | AD-IZ 6X 

3W: 15° Callaway Paradym X | AD-IZ 7X

3H: 19° Ping G410 | Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: PXG 0311P 4-6 | 0317CB 7-PW | DG 120 X100

Wedges: SM9 50° - 54° - 58° 

Putter(s): Ping PLD Anser 4K | CMD Gauge R | and more. 

Ball: TP5X 2024

Bag: Ghost Katana

10 minutes ago, labgolf said:

The bottom part is black, yes. The logo is face down so in the playing position, its all black.

OK sorry for asking again, but it's not what it look on you website. 

But inside the pink circle below, that piece is also black and not like on the picture? 

What's the building time at the moment and how long before you can ship? 

Thank you 

Screenshot_20210126_234119.jpg.1ae7953beb62139df39e6aed63532db9.jpg

I just purchased a DF with Stability Tour from someone on Instagram...pumped to try it out! 

I've used DF putters before but never felt they fit very well. This time I'm going with 74* lie angle and I want to work with the claw grip. Hoping it's the answer

Also would LOVE to get my hands on a broomstick model

• Like 1

Titleist TSR2 - TPT Nitro 16lo
Taylormade SIM Ti 3w - Tensei 1k Black 85tx
Taylormade SIM Ti 5w - Fujikura Ventus Black 9x

Cobra Tec Hybrid 2 - Kai'li 90tx

Cobra Tec Hybrid 4 - Aldila Tour Black 105tx
Srixon ZX5/ZX& Mkii 5-PW - Project X 6.5

Callaway Jaws Raw 50s, 54s, 58z - BGT ZNE 130

Putter - LAB something or another

24 minutes ago, captainmaui said:

OK sorry for asking again, but it's not what it look on you website. 

But inside the pink circle below, that piece is also black and not like on the picture? 

What's the building time at the moment and how long before you can ship? 

Thank you 

Screenshot_20210126_234119.jpg.1ae7953beb62139df39e6aed63532db9.jpg

Thats a stock photo. The tips we use are black. We are looking at about 4-5 weeks right now. Slammed!

On 1/25/2021 at 3:31 PM, jml4 said:

Did I see a post about someone doing custom headcovers for the 2.1? I tried looking back through this thread but any search is too generic, and 38 pages is too many to go through. Am I crazy?

Delilah from Delilah's Headcovers was the post I found. She has a lead time of 8-10 weeks, but people say it's worth it. I'm considering commissioning one soon.

That's the only bummer thing about not playing a blade style putter, no fun headcovers usually. @labgolf I did see the USA headcover. Not quite my style, but hoping you guys will have more headcovers in the future?

• Like 1

Titleist TSR2 // Autoflex SF505

Titleist TSR2 16.5 // Vista Pro 60s

Ping G25 20, 23 // Tour AD True Spec

Titleist T200/T150 5-GW // Steelfiber i80PR

Titleist SM9 54.10, 58.12 // Steelfiber i80r

L.A.B. Golf DF3 // L.A.B. x TPT

19 hours ago, chocolate_rehab said:

Delilah from Delilah's Headcovers was the post I found. She has a lead time of 8-10 weeks, but people say it's worth it. I'm considering commissioning one soon.

That's the only bummer thing about not playing a blade style putter, no fun headcovers usually. @labgolf I did see the USA headcover. Not quite my style, but hoping you guys will have more headcovers in the future?

Indeed we will!

Been getting some more work in with the B.2. Thought I'd share some thoughts:

1) It may seem obvious given the name, but it's taken me awhile to understand just how important it is to set the B.2 on the lie angle it was designed to work on and then keep it there throughout the stroke. It's almost like if you get that right, you can't miss, and if you get it wrong, you can't make. No Tiger Woods or Isao Aoki with the toe off the ground with this putter! To get it right at address, I support/cradle the grip in my fingers only, hovering the thumbs above the grip and hovering the clubhead slightly above the ground. From this position, I imagine the edge of the toe and the edge of the heel both being perfectly perpendicular to the ground. Once I get that feeling, I gently rest the clubhead on the ground and gently rest my thumbs on the grip.

2) During the stroke, I envision the shaft staying on the same plane, or the edges of the heel and toe staying perfectly perpendicular to the ground. Those seem to be good swing thoughts that help the lie angle stay the same throughout the stroke.

3) It's crazy how any force or pressure from the hands can alter things. You can't apply any force to the putter with your hands. You have to simply support it underneath with your fingers. I've come to think of the thumbs on the top of the grip like the left hand while shooting a basketball (for a right hander): it's there purely to guide. Any force at all will throw the whole thing off. This is why sometimes I make more putts with no thumbs than with thumbs. This is a slight variation from the "enough pressure to keep the baby bird from flying away, but not enough to crush it." This is more like "give the baby bird a support to stand on, and allow it to fly away if it wants!"

4) Along the same lines, the force of the stroke has to come entirely from the shoulders. It can't come from the hands or wrists or arms. I try to imagine I am a human Revealer. With the Revealer, there is no force being applied on either side of the putter or downward from the top of the putter. The putter is simply supported at a certain lie angle, and then it can do its thing. It is kind of hard to eliminate all these forces, given that we've learned to apply these forces to fight torque our whole lives, but once you do, the putter starts to shine.

At this point a lot of this is still conscious and takes quite a bit of re-education from what I'm used to (putting with my hands), but it is working more often than not, and I think once it becomes second nature and I can just point and shoot, I will be making a lot of putts.

• Like 2

Driver - Paradym, 10.5 (or TM Mini BRNR 11.5)

3W, 5W- Titleist 913F

4i-PW - TM P7MB

Wedges - Vokey SM9 (52, 56, 60) all M grinds

Putter - PLD Anser

Ball - ProV1

I’ve been lurking on this thread for a long time. I’m torn between the DF and the B.2   I like the look of the B.2 but I’m concerned about the forgiveness. Is it comparable forgivenesses to an Anser?  Also are people that are using the B.2 able to easily sole it, that sole looks like it may cause some variation in setup?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bobbyclampett!! said:

Been getting some more work in with the B.2. Thought I'd share some thoughts:

1) It may seem obvious given the name, but it's taken me awhile to understand just how important it is to set the B.2 on the lie angle it was designed to work on and then keep it there throughout the stroke. It's almost like if you get that right, you can't miss, and if you get it wrong, you can't make. No Tiger Woods or Isao Aoki with the toe off the ground with this putter! To get it right at address, I support/cradle the grip in my fingers only, hovering the thumbs above the grip and hovering the clubhead slightly above the ground. From this position, I imagine the edge of the toe and the edge of the heel both being perfectly perpendicular to the ground. Once I get that feeling, I gently rest the clubhead on the ground and gently rest my thumbs on the grip.

2) During the stroke, I envision the shaft staying on the same plane, or the edges of the heel and toe staying perfectly perpendicular to the ground. Those seem to be good swing thoughts that help the lie angle stay the same throughout the stroke.

3) It's crazy how any force or pressure from the hands can alter things. You can't apply any force to the putter with your hands. You have to simply support it underneath with your fingers. I've come to think of the thumbs on the top of the grip like the left hand while shooting a basketball (for a right hander): it's there purely to guide. Any force at all will throw the whole thing off. This is why sometimes I make more putts with no thumbs than with thumbs. This is a slight variation from the "enough pressure to keep the baby bird from flying away, but not enough to crush it." This is more like "give the baby bird a support to stand on, and allow it to fly away if it wants!"

4) Along the same lines, the force of the stroke has to come entirely from the shoulders. It can't come from the hands or wrists or arms. I try to imagine I am a human Revealer. With the Revealer, there is no force being applied on either side of the putter or downward from the top of the putter. The putter is simply supported at a certain lie angle, and then it can do its thing. It is kind of hard to eliminate all these forces, given that we've learned to apply these forces to fight torque our whole lives, but once you do, the putter starts to shine.

At this point a lot of this is still conscious and takes quite a bit of re-education from what I'm used to (putting with my hands), but it is working more often than not, and I think once it becomes second nature and I can just point and shoot, I will be making a lot of putts.

One other point I’ve discovered with my stroke is the length is vital. The same distance back and through seem to produce the best results both with starting line and distance control for me. Problems seem to happen when the backstroke is either longer or shorter than the follow through. One thing that sticks with me is what Sam said earlier in this thread. This putter seems to lead you down the right path if you experiment and pay attention to what it’s telling you. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dn0614 said:

I’ve been lurking on this thread for a long time. I’m torn between the DF and the B.2   I like the look of the B.2 but I’m concerned about the forgiveness. Is it comparable forgivenesses to an Anser?  Also are people that are using the B.2 able to easily sole it, that sole looks like it may cause some variation in setup?

I think the B.2 is MUCH more forgiving than a standard Ping Anser putter. The B.2 feels like it is a heavier head with higher MOI. I don't know what the specs are for sure, but I can tell when I hit a putt on the heel or the toe just by the way the contact feels, but I notice almost zero difference in the way the ball rolls out, both in terms of speed and direction. That said, many people on here say the DF is even more forgiving, but I haven't tried a DF yet.

Also, people have said the DF soles so beautifully. I have struggled a bit soling the B.2 flush, but that is due in large part to the fact that I have putted with my hands low and the toe off the ground a bit with Anser style blades my whole life. I have had to check the B.2 being soled properly as part of my preshot routine, but it's starting to feel more natural and not be as much of a conscious process. I think once it feels natural it won't be an issue.

• Thanks 1

Driver - Paradym, 10.5 (or TM Mini BRNR 11.5)

3W, 5W- Titleist 913F

4i-PW - TM P7MB

Wedges - Vokey SM9 (52, 56, 60) all M grinds

Putter - PLD Anser

Ball - ProV1

1 hour ago, dn0614 said:

Get the DF. The tech is more obvious and you can't know how amazing the forgivness is until you try it. You'll get over the look very quickly. Promise.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Wolfman44 said:

Mine arrives in a week with standard shaft , so will let you know.  Could not really justify ordering with stability shaft as I do not like the strokelab shaft on the Odyssey that much anyway.

The only reasons I upgraded the shaft were the head on the broomstick is heavier and the greater length of the shaft itself (about a foot longer). The standard shaft should work great for normal length putters.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JA17 said:

The only reasons I upgraded the shaft were the head on the broomstick is heavier and the greater length of the shaft itself (about a foot longer). The standard shaft should work great for normal length putters.

I strongly recommend the BGT for long putters and arm locks. I could go either way on the standard ones.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Wolfman44 said:

Mine arrives in a week with standard shaft , so will let you know.  Could not really justify ordering with stability shaft as I do not like the strokelab shaft on the Odyssey that much anyway.

BGT is nothing like the stroke lab. Stroke lab was odyssey trying to capitalize on the fact that BGT made people think about what shaft goes into their putter. Not a fan of it either.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, dn0614 said:

Just making sure that it wasn’t like an orange whip before I ordered. 

Nope, stock shaft is fine and works well.  That is how I originally ordered mine and it was solid.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

DRIVER - CALLAWAY PARADYM X 9*

FAIRWAY WOODS - PING G430 15* / 18* / 21*

IRONS - PXG 0317 CB [5i-GW]

WEDGES - MIZUNO T22 54.08 / 58.08 / 62.08

PUTTER - LAB Mezz.1 Max Broomstick

PXG 0317 X

22 hours ago, labgolf said:

Get the DF. The tech is more obvious and you can't know how amazing the forgivness is until you try it. You'll get over the look very quickly. Promise.

Thank you. I’m getting fired up to place my order. I have a putting lesson next Friday so I’ll wait to see if he tweaks my setup before ordering 

• Like 1

On 1/28/2021 at 11:46 AM, labgolf said:

I strongly recommend the BGT for long putters and arm locks. I could go either way on the standard ones.

I have two broomstick putters on the way. Both have steel shafts. 

If I decide I want to keep with that route, what would it cost me to get steel switched out for BGT or LA?

Titleist TSR2 - TPT Nitro 16lo
Taylormade SIM Ti 3w - Tensei 1k Black 85tx
Taylormade SIM Ti 5w - Fujikura Ventus Black 9x

Cobra Tec Hybrid 2 - Kai'li 90tx

Cobra Tec Hybrid 4 - Aldila Tour Black 105tx
Srixon ZX5/ZX& Mkii 5-PW - Project X 6.5

Callaway Jaws Raw 50s, 54s, 58z - BGT ZNE 130

Putter - LAB something or another

2 hours ago, osubuckeyes691 said:

I have two broomstick putters on the way. Both have steel shafts. 

If I decide I want to keep with that route, what would it cost me to get steel switched out for BGT or LA?

We are no longer offering the LA unfortunately. $335 gets you the shaft install/re-balance, new grip and return shipping for the BGT